Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hello! Come and introduce yourself!

Comments

• Options
    omgxxstefferkneeomgxxstefferknee Posts: 154 Member
    hello! i wouldn't call myself a new member even though my account says so lol i've been playing since the sims 2. i used to sneak on my brother's computer all the time to play. then it wasn't so secret and he was mad i spent so much time on it that i got my own. i'm talking many many years ago. when computers were still those tan tv bricks. once i got my own, it went downhill from there lol owning every single game from the sims 2-sim 4. i finally hit the 100 hour mark on gaming time for the sims 4 since i've downloaded it last august. doesn't seem like a lot but i didn't play for a long time because of my job and i only play a few hours a week if i get the chance. i usually lurk around reading any problems that simmers have, curious if i can fix it. being a simmer for many years and tech savvy i fix all of my own problems. and any my mom comes across when she plays. (she still plays the sims 2... she's so behind lol) but i'm so quiet and shy i don't post anything lol i have here and there though. wish i could be social and talking to everyone always posting. but i'm too shy lol anyway, just thought i would post since i've been warming up lately, and say hi! you seem nice and i love meeting anyone who loves the sims lol!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,619 Member
    hello! i wouldn't call myself a new member even though my account says so lol i've been playing since the sims 2. i used to sneak on my brother's computer all the time to play. then it wasn't so secret and he was mad i spent so much time on it that i got my own. i'm talking many many years ago. when computers were still those tan tv bricks. once i got my own, it went downhill from there lol owning every single game from the sims 2-sim 4. i finally hit the 100 hour mark on gaming time for the sims 4 since i've downloaded it last august. doesn't seem like a lot but i didn't play for a long time because of my job and i only play a few hours a week if i get the chance. i usually lurk around reading any problems that simmers have, curious if i can fix it. being a simmer for many years and tech savvy i fix all of my own problems. and any my mom comes across when she plays. (she still plays the sims 2... she's so behind lol) but i'm so quiet and shy i don't post anything lol i have here and there though. wish i could be social and talking to everyone always posting. but i'm too shy lol anyway, just thought i would post since i've been warming up lately, and say hi! you seem nice and i love meeting anyone who loves the sims lol!

Hello @omgxxstefferknee :) It is nice to meet you. It is nice that you first starting playing sims 2 on your brother's computer, and then that led you to get your own, and from then you have had fun simming through the different versions from sims 2 to 4. It is great that you own all the eps and stuff packs! They have great features in them. Simming would be a great break for you from your job when you have time to play. It is nice that you helpfully solve problems that arise in your mother's game. Please post on any thread that you would like to. It is enjoyable talking to and hearing about from simmers about what is happening in their games. We would like to hear what you would like to say. Your tech problems solving background would be very helpful for simmers too.
    Happy simming! :)
  • Options
    NikkiDaRegularSimmerNikkiDaRegularSimmer Posts: 10 New Member
    Hii! My name is Nikki and I just joined. :smile:
    Me and my mom are addicted to the Sims. My mom is really the one who got me into it. I used to see her playing it every time I woke up. :lol: The first Sims game that I started playing was the Sims 3 in 2013. I have all of the Sims 3 expansion packs. I played it every time I got home from school. Then, when I heard that Sims 4 was coming out, I got so excited! I love the sims. :heart:
  • Options
    SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    Hi I really want to put up an avatar, so I guess Ill introduce myself here.. Im Sarah, Been simming since I found SimCity installed on a computer at school. Owned (and still do!) Every single Sim related game on every platform, until I started a family and let real life take over for a while. Stopped playing Sims when TS3 came out. I never liked how the Sims looked in 3 and could never get the hang of the camera, so eh. Things have calmed themselves in RL so I've come back to play my beloved game.. also the Sims in TS4 look great and don't creep me out, so there's that.
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• Options
    Hii! My name is Nikki and I just joined. :smile:
    Me and my mom are addicted to the Sims. My mom is really the one who got me into it. I used to see her playing it every time I woke up. :lol: The first Sims game that I started playing was the Sims 3 in 2013. I have all of the Sims 3 expansion packs. I played it every time I got home from school. Then, when I heard that Sims 4 was coming out, I got so excited! I love the sims. :heart:

Hello @NikkiDaRegularSimmer :) It is nice to meet you. It is nice that both you and your Mother enjoy playing the Sims. You can talk together about Simming and share about what is happening in each other's sims games. It is great that you own all the sims 3 EPs. They have great features in them, and each of the worlds that come with them are different places for our sims to enjoy living, working and exploring in! Simming is fun!
    Happy simming! :)
  • Options
    Hi I really want to put up an avatar, so I guess Ill introduce myself here.. Im Sarah, Been simming since I found SimCity installed on a computer at school. Owned (and still do!) Every single Sim related game on every platform, until I started a family and let real life take over for a while. Stopped playing Sims when TS3 came out. I never liked how the Sims looked in 3 and could never get the hang of the camera, so eh. Things have calmed themselves in RL so I've come back to play my beloved game.. also the Sims in TS4 look great and don't creep me out, so there's that.

Hellom@SarahsShady :) It is nice to meet you. It is nice that you have been simming since Simcity and own all the different versions of the Sims on the different platforms. Simming is an enjoyable break from all that is happening in our real life, and is lòts of fun!
    Happy Simming! :)
  • Options
    Liziann1Liziann1 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Hello *wave*
    I am a Sims Addict always have been always will be, I loved Sims2 and am gutted to have missed the chance to get it on origin before the sims4 launch, as I would love to play it again, ( my discs are battered and wont load :( )
    Sims3 took a while to get my head around, but I LOVED it and only this week deleted it from my laptop!
    and sims 4 seems is frustrating, its so good, so rich and yet so poor, I will keep playing I will not be beaten! as so much of it I DO like!

I love building ( which I can do OK ) and the room challenge thread has helped me get my sims mojo back!
    I love playing families, I like gardening in the sims but NEVER in RL lol currently I am trying out GTW with a female sim Doctor, having abandoned my parentcy challenge lol

I am a middle aged married mum with a young daughter, I've played since I was a teenager, Sims is Simply the best!
    Check out My showcase thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    or look for me in the Gallery
    aka DizziSquirrel

• Options
    Liziann1 wrote: »
    Hello *wave*
    I am a Sims Addict always have been always will be, I loved Sims2 and am gutted to have missed the chance to get it on origin before the sims4 launch, as I would love to play it again, ( my discs are battered and wont load :( )
    Sims3 took a while to get my head around, but I LOVED it and only this week deleted it from my laptop!
    and sims 4 seems is frustrating, its so good, so rich and yet so poor, I will keep playing I will not be beaten! as so much of it I DO like!

I love building ( which I can do OK ) and the room challenge thread has helped me get my sims mojo back!
    I love playing families, I like gardening in the sims but NEVER in RL lol currently I am trying out GTW with a female sim Doctor, having abandoned my parentcy challenge lol

I am a middle aged married mum with a young daughter, I've played since I was a teenager, Sims is Simply the best!

Hello @Liziann1 :) It is nice that you have been enjoying Simming since sims 2. The sims is very fun and enjoyable to play! Building is a great part of Simming! It is enjoyable designing and furnishing builds, and expressing our creativity! I like each of the entries that you have entered into the room challenge thread!
    I like gardening in the Sims too! It is nice seeing the plants appear, and watching the sims harvest the plants.
  • Options
    bookloverbluebookloverblue Posts: 451 Member
    Hello everyone,

I'm bookloverblue, or "Blue" for short. Aside from being a keen Simmer, I'm an hobbyist writer, nerd-in-training, bookworm, wannabe Renaissance woman, big word user & culture vulture.

I've been playing "The Sims" since the late days of "The Sims 2", and have played all 4 editions of the game since. I'm currently using The Sims 4 to work on a Sim story, both to increase my enjoyment of the game and to further develop my writing skills.

A pleasure to meet you all!
  • Options
    Hello everyone,

I'm bookloverblue, or "Blue" for short. Aside from being a keen Simmer, I'm an hobbyist writer, nerd-in-training, bookworm, wannabe Renaissance woman, big word user & culture vulture.

I've been playing "The Sims" since the late days of "The Sims 2", and have played all 4 editions of the game since. I'm currently using The Sims 4 to work on a Sim story, both to increase my enjoyment of the game and to further develop my writing skills.

A pleasure to meet you all!

Hello @bookloverblue :) It is nice to meet you too! You sound a very creative person. It is nice that you enjoy writing. Writing is an enjoyable way of expressing our thoughts onto paper. It is great reading a good book. We can lose time when we get caught up in reading a story!
    It is nice that you are writing a story of the lives of the sims in your game, It is fun reading about and seeing pictures of the sims in other simmers games, Story writing is a fun and nice creative aspect of playing the sims!
  • Options
    GoukaGouka Posts: 2,130 Member
    Hi! Wanted to stop by and introduce myself. I was Gouka on the old forum but am not too familiar with this new one yet. I may know some of the simmers knocking around this new forum. I've played Sims 1-3 and was pretty active on the Sims 3 forum for a while. I started creating a world (and had tons of help from talented creators), but around the time I got to playtesting it, I got really burnt out on simming in general. I'm sure my files are backed up somewhere, but just the idea of trying to pull everything out and picking up where I left off makes me want to walk away from the computer. :# So, after a long break, I finally came back to Sims 3 to try out the expansions I never played and stay far far away from excessive building of any kind. But I'm glad to be back and have been enjoying the game. In much smaller doses. :D
    Gouka on The Sims 3
  • Options
    Gouka wrote: »
    Hi! Wanted to stop by and introduce myself. I was Gouka on the old forum but am not too familiar with this new one yet. I may know some of the simmers knocking around this new forum. I've played Sims 1-3 and was pretty active on the Sims 3 forum for a while. I started creating a world (and had tons of help from talented creators), but around the time I got to playtesting it, I got really burnt out on simming in general. I'm sure my files are backed up somewhere, but just the idea of trying to pull everything out and picking up where I left off makes me want to walk away from the computer. :# So, after a long break, I finally came back to Sims 3 to try out the expansions I never played and stay far far away from excessive building of any kind. But I'm glad to be back and have been enjoying the game. In much smaller doses. :D

Hello @Gouka :) It is nice to meet you. It is great that you were creating a world. Perhaps one day you will return to it. It is good though now to enjoy playing the sims in the way you find is most fun and enjoyable. It is great that you have come back to Simming. It is fun playing the expansion packs and enjoying all the great features that each EP brings to the game. The worlds that come with the EP are all different from each other too, so it fun having our sims live there and explore their surroundings.
    Enjoy playing the sims! :)
  • Options
    Thank you for the welcome, @rosemow!
    Gouka on The Sims 3
  • Options
    bookloverbluebookloverblue Posts: 451 Member
    [quote="Gouka;13518279"]"So, after a long break, I finally came back to Sims 3 to try out the expansions I never played and stay far far away from excessive building of any kind. But I'm glad to be back and have been enjoying the game. In much smaller doses. :D [/quote]

Hello @Gouka ! I've sometimes overdone it with Simming and also writing, so I know exactly how you felt. Welcome back, take it easy, and have fun! :)
  • Options
    dancingindiordancingindior Posts: 159 Member
    This could possibly be my favourite thread on the forums! I love hearing a little bit about the person behind the sim :)

My name is Amy. I'm 23 and live in Ireland. I remember when I was about 13, my friend ciara's dad, who lived in America, sent her the sims 1. It wasn't as popular here yet at the time. We spent every minute of the time we were together either playing or talking about playing. I was hooked! Then the sims 2 came out - we were equally as excited.

I can safely say I've loved every sims game they've brought out but I'm one of those - I want the newest and shiniest thing! I will admit though, if I could combine the sims 3 with the sims 4 I'd be the happiest girl on the planet!

Right now I'm on my bus to work (I'm a trainee accounts and a payroll/employment law technician) and looking at people's sims, dying to get home and play!
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    This could possibly be my favourite thread on the forums! I love hearing a little bit about the person behind the sim :)

My name is Amy. I live in Ireland. I remember when I was about 13, my friend ciara's dad, who lived in America, sent her the sims 1. It wasn't as popular here yet at the time. We spent every minute of the time we were together either playing or talking about playing. I was hooked! Then the sims 2 came out - we were equally as excited.

I can safely say I've loved every sims game they've brought out but I'm one of those - I want the newest and shiniest thing! I will admit though, if I could combine the sims 3 with the sims 4 I'd be the happiest girl on the planet!

Right now I'm on my bus to work (I'm a trainee accounts and a payroll/employment law technician) and looking at people's sims, dying to get home and play!

Hello @dancingdior :) It is nice to meet you and to hear about how you started playing The Sims. It is nice that your friend's Dad sent her sims 1 and then that has led you on to enjoying Simming ever since! It would have been fun talking about the Sims with your friend and sharing Simming experiences. You would have spent lots of happy times simming over the years, playing the game, creating sims,building builds and watching your sims live their sim lives!
    I hope that your workday goes well!
    Happy Simming when you get home ! :)
    Post edited by rosemow on
  • Options
    NatoNato Posts: 35 New Member
    edited April 2015
    I just realized I haven't introduced myself yet :open_mouth:
    So my nickname is Nato and I'm French.
    I've started playing the Sims thanks to my cousin who had TS1 + Livin'Large + Hot Date. We had no computer at home back then so I could only play at my cousin's place or at my bestfriend's place, who only had the base game.
    We always had so much fun playing TS1, and I was sad not knowing anyone who had other TS1 expansions, especially Vacation and Superstar.
    Then, my parents bough a computer for Christimas 2004 and my sister offered me TS2. I can still remember how overexited I was! I had a computer AND the Sims 2!! My sister had also bought me a huge TS2 help book. Best Christmas EVER!!
    I can't believe I've been playing the Sims for around 13 years... :open_mouth:
    Sadly I own TS3 base game and TS4 base game but I don't have a computer able to play them yet, as you can see in my other posts. But I still enjoy TS1 and TS2 with all their expansions just as much as day one! :D
    Post edited by Nato on
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Just a little reminder that it is against the forum rules to post your age. Could simmers who have posted their ages please edit their posts and remove their age. Thankyou :)
  • Options
    Nato wrote: »
    I just realized I haven't introduced myself yet :open_mouth:
    So my nickname is Nato, I'm French.
    I've started playing the Sims thanks to my cousin who had TS1 + Livin'Large + Hot Date. We had no computer at home back then so I could only play at my cousin's place or at my bestfriend's place, who only had the base game.
    We always had so much fun playing TS1, and I was sad not knowing anyone who had other TS1 expansions, especially Vacation and Superstar.
    Then, my parents bough a computer for Christimas 2004 and my sister offered me TS2. I can still remember how overexited I was! I had a computer AND the Sims 2!! My sister had also bought me a huge TS2 help book. Best Christmas EVER!!
    I can't believe I've been playing the Sims for around 13 years... :open_mouth:
    Sadly I own TS3 base game and TS4 base game but I don't have a computer able to play them yet, as you can see in my other posts. But I still enjoy TS1 and TS2 with all their expansions just as much as day one! :D

Hello @Nato It is nice to meet you. It is nice that you first started playing The Sims 1 because your cousin and best friend had the game. You would have had lots of fun playing the games with them on their computers.
    It was such great and special Christmas presents for you to receive the computer from your parents and Sims 2 and the sims 2 guide book from your sister! It sounds like an exciting Christmas! You would have had lots of fun playing sims 1 and 2 and their expansions from then onwards and through the years. It is nice that you are having fun Simming! It is a very fun and enjoyable game!
  • Options
    NatoNato Posts: 35 New Member
    Thank you Rosemow! ^^
    (I deleted my age from my post. Sorry about that! :s )
    I also forgot to mention that I'm a big SimCity 4 fan too :)
  • Options
    Thank you, @bookloverblue!
    Gouka on The Sims 3
  • Options
    bilalsaidbilalsaid Posts: 86 Member
    hi there everyone I am bilalsaid and absolutely loves sims 4
  • Options
    my fav things to do are playing videogames and browsing the web lol!
  • Options
    my favourite sports are cricket and tennis

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top