The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hello! Come and introduce yourself!

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,712 Member
    My name is Katie and I live in the UK, I have been playing the Sims since 2006 and still love playing it. I am currently in college wanting to work in healthcare :)

Hello @katiestanhope :) It is nice to meet you. Simming is lots of fun and there is always unexpected things happening in the lives of our sims each time we play! I hope that your college studies are going well. It is very caring of you that you are seeking to have a career in healthcare. Simming is a great way for you to take time to have a rest from studying.
    Happy simming! :)
  • Options
    MrSimfeldMrSimfeld Posts: 91 Member
    Thank you for the kind welcome rosemow :)
    Gallery ID : MrSimfeld

treehauspic3royh.png

• Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    edited April 2015
    I think i never officially introduced myself, so it might be ok if i did?

Hello, i'm an university student and i live together with my boyfriend and two cute bunnies.
    Sadly, most of my real life friends don't play a lot of video games and think i'm waaay too involved with them, but if growing up means letting passions behind than i might never do.

I love the sims franchise, because it was one of the first games i ever played. My mom got it for me by mistake, she actually was supposed to get me a barbie game. Good thing she didn't!
  • Options
    marcellala wrote: »

Hello, i'm an university student and i live together with my boyfriend and two cute bunnies.
    Sadly, most of my real life friends don't play a lot of video games and think i'm waaay too involved with them, but if growing up means letting passions behind than i might never do.

I love the sims franchise, because it was one of the first games i ever played. My mom got it for me by mistake, she actually was supposed to get me a barbie game. Goid thing she didn't!

Hello @marcellala :) It is nice to meet you. It is nice that your Mother bought you the Sims instead of a barbie game! It is a great mistake that she made and it has led you to having lots of fun simming!
    It is nice that you have bunnies. They are very cute pets! I hope that your uni studies are going well.

Could you please edit your post to remove your age because it is against forum rules to post ages. Thanks!
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    marcellala wrote: »

I love the sims franchise, because it was one of the first games i ever played. My mom got it for me by mistake, she actually was supposed to get me a barbie game. Goid thing she didn't!

Hello @marcellala :) It is nice to meet you. It is nice that your Mother bought you the Sims instead of a barbie game! It is a great mistake that she made and it has led you to having lots of fun simming!
    It is nice that you have bunnies. They are very cute pets! I hope that your uni studies are going well.

Could you please edit your post to remove your age because it is against forum rules to post ages. Thanks!

Oh sorry, i didn't know >.< Thanks for the greeting.

• Options
    NosillaNosilla Posts: 3 New Member
    Hello!
    I never post anything but then I saw this thread and introducing myself seemed way better than revising for my exams so here I am :) I have been a lurker on the forums for a VERY long time now (like five to six years long) so, oddly enough, most of the more active members are all very familiar to me. I think the best way to describe me would be as a conflicted expat. I'm a U.S. citizen living in France with strong anglophile tendencies. I got into the Sims franchise in the middle of the Sims 2 run and I've really loved the game since. My favourite expansion from the Sims 3 is hard to pick, but it's probably either Seasons or Island Paradise.
    I have a dog and birds as pets, my hobbies are swimming, reading, and writing indignant letters about causes I feel passionate about (currently I'm working on a letter to the zoo in Seattle about their treatment of their elephants).
  • Options
    0Chloe0Chloe Posts: 1,922 Member
    edited April 2015
    Hello!

I'm Chloe, go figure... lol.

I've been playing The Sims non-stop since I was a young child after I watched my cousin playing TS1. I begged my parents for the game and they eventually bought me it. I've been hooked ever since! I never knew that I had a forum account until I tried to register to post a thread asking for help when TS4 was was first released when I had an issue with urns and gravestones. Previously with TS3, it had always been physical copies so I never ever used Origin! Now, after logging in, the forums are always a site that I visit daily. Yay for Origin log-in, haha!

:smiley:
    nR9bj3xc5JPW0.gif
  • Options
    Nosilla wrote: »
    Hello!
    I never post anything but then I saw this thread and introducing myself seemed way better than revising for my exams so here I am :) I have been a lurker on the forums for a VERY long time now (like five to six years long) so, oddly enough, most of the more active members are all very familiar to me. I think the best way to describe me would be as a conflicted expat. I'm a U.S. citizen living in France with strong anglophile tendencies. I got into the Sims franchise in the middle of the Sims 2 run and I've really loved the game since. My favourite expansion from the Sims 3 is hard to pick, but it's probably either Seasons or Island Paradise.
    I have a dog and birds as pets, my hobbies are swimming, reading, and writing indignant letters about causes I feel passionate about (currently I'm working on a letter to the zoo in Seattle about their treatment of their elephants).

Hello @Nosilla :) It is great that you have started posting on the forums. :) I hope that you will continue to post as we would all enjoy chatting to you about simming. It is nice that you have the combination of being a U.S. citizen who is living in France and has English ways of life. You have the influence in your life of different aspects of these countries. Seasons is a great EP in sims 3. It is enjoyable and fun seeing our sims doing different activities depending on the season or weather. It is great that you have a dog and birds as pets. Our pets are special members of our family.
    I hope that your exam goes very well!
  • Options
    imchloeeee wrote: »
    Hello!

I'm Chloe, go figure... lol.

I've been playing The Sims non-stop since I was a young child after I watched my cousin playing TS1. I begged my parents for the game and they eventually bought me it. I've been hooked ever since! I never knew that I had a forum account until I tried to register to post a thread asking for help when TS4 was was first released when I had an issue with urns and gravestones. Previously with TS3, it had always been physical copies so I never ever used Origin! Now, after logging in, the forums are always a site that I visit daily. Yay for Origin log-in, haha!

:smiley:

Hello @imchloeee :) It is nice to meet you. It is nice that you first started simming after you saw your cousin playing the Sims 1, and you have had lots of fun simming ever since! Simming is great! It is great that you discovered that you had an origin account, and are now enjoying visiting the forums each day. It is great reading about the sims in other simmer's games, learning new things and chatting with other simmers.,
  • Options
    NosillaNosilla Posts: 3 New Member
    Thank you, @rosemow for the exam encouragement :smile: I just played Sims for three hours rather than revise so I definitely need some encouragement/luck right now haha.
  • Options
    marcussp1310marcussp1310 Posts: 161 Member
    I dunno if I´ve been here before, but hello and good day to everyone here! :tongue:
    So...
    Well, I like pasta with cheese sauce, my only TS3 EP was ITF, and I´m quite sure nearly all sims games have some potential (maybe not the mobile ones :sweat: they haven´t updated and from what I´ve seen it´s not the best... anyway). My favourite colour is orange, I´m drinking some pineapple juice and my MP3 player is pink. :smiley:

That´s just some stuff, I could go on forever but you´re not here to see my life story so this is it for now.

Have a fabulous day and have a cookie! :cookie: (lol i love the new emoji thingies)
    certified homestuck
    301bfb542c7c9f177780a25bebf33134fbb93279efedb9b40fa0f3838ef74286_1.gif
  • Options
    NotHuman_IAmDancerNotHuman_IAmDancer Posts: 5 New Member
    Hey guys :smile: I've been playing the Sims since hmm...2007 ish I believe? It's been a while XD One of my old friends actually introduced me to the game and I've been hooked ever since! I think the best part of the Sims, regardless if it's 1,2,3 or 4, is the game itself! Being able to play different people (and do things you would normally never do) is the best part. I think that even though each game version is different, they all hold that ability to have fun while playing, which is what enjoy the most :smiley:
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Thought I'd say hi here also. I've never really posted on forums before these, or any forums... and I have only a few posts in now. I've been playing the Sims in general since the first one came out. Do you canoe?..
    I remember standing in line with my daughter while buying the game and the guy next to me in line said something along the lines of, ""Well you might as well bring your refrigerator and toilet into the room with you if you buy that." He was sort of right. I have played many, many hours of Sims since then but took a break on Sims 3. I did play The Sims or Sims 2 now and then though, between living real life and other games, but never lost my love for the concept in general. I got more into downloading mods with Sims 2, but never even registered my games. Not sure if the forums were around then.
    I bought Sims 4 with some trepidation, but back to loving it again. I really am pleased that I haven't felt the need to download any custom content and am quite happy with what is in the base game here and the game and expansion packs so far.
    I am pretty much a loner and not into social media, but I do read and lurk and come here for information or a laugh. I don't quite get the concept of not being a member till you've posted so much, but if it has to do with figuring out who likes to troll or cause general disturbance before they become a member I could understand and would back that reasoning up.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I dunno if I´ve been here before, but hello and good day to everyone here! :tongue:
    So...
    Well, I like pasta with cheese sauce, my only TS3 EP was ITF, and I´m quite sure nearly all sims games have some potential (maybe not the mobile ones :sweat: they haven´t updated and from what I´ve seen it´s not the best... anyway). My favourite colour is orange, I´m drinking some pineapple juice and my MP3 player is pink. :smiley:

That´s just some stuff, I could go on forever but you´re not here to see my life story so this is it for now.

Have a fabulous day and have a cookie! :cookie: (lol i love the new emoji thingies)

Hello @marcussp :) It is nice to meet you. ITF is a great EP in Sims 3. It is fun having our sims visiting the future worlds and using all the different futuristic items. There are lots of fun and great items in buy and build mode that came with the pack, both for sims to enjoy using as well as to use when building and furnishing homes.
    I hope that you are having a very nice day too!
  • Options
    Hey guys :smile: I've been playing the Sims since hmm...2007 ish I believe? It's been a while XD One of my old friends actually introduced me to the game and I've been hooked ever since! I think the best part of the Sims, regardless if it's 1,2,3 or 4, is the game itself! Being able to play different people (and do things you would normally never do) is the best part. I think that even though each game version is different, they all hold that ability to have fun while playing, which is what enjoy the most :smiley:

Hello @NotHuman_IAmDancer :) It is nice to meet you. It is great that an old friend introduced you to the Sims and you have been enjoying having fun simming ever since then! It is fun playing our sims in the games and being able to live our lives through them! We can live in specially designed and furnished homes, and have fun doing all sorts of activities. Playing sims is a great way of having a rest from real life and all that it holds. It is lots of fun!
  • Options
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Thought I'd say hi here also. I've never really posted on forums before these, or any forums... and I have only a few posts in now. I've been playing the Sims in general since the first one came out. Do you canoe?..
    I remember standing in line with my daughter while buying the game and the guy next to me in line said something along the lines of, ""Well you might as well bring your refrigerator and toilet into the room with you if you buy that." He was sort of right. I have played many, many hours of Sims since then but took a break on Sims 3. I did play The Sims or Sims 2 now and then though, between living real life and other games, but never lost my love for the concept in general. I got more into downloading mods with Sims 2, but never even registered my games. Not sure if the forums were around then.
    I bought Sims 4 with some trepidation, but back to loving it again. I really am pleased that I haven't felt the need to download any custom content and am quite happy with what is in the base game here and the game and expansion packs so far.
    I am pretty much a loner and not into social media, but I do read and lurk and come here for information or a laugh. I don't quite get the concept of not being a member till you've posted so much, but if it has to do with figuring out who likes to troll or cause general disturbance before they become a member I could understand and would back that reasoning up.

Hello @Hermitgirl :) It is nice to meet you. It is great that you have been enjoying simming since the original sims game was released and have had many fun simming hours. It is nice that you have started posting on the forums. I hope that you will enjoy meeting fellow simmers, learn new things about the game, find help when you need it and enjoy posting when you would like to.
    Happy simming ! :)
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Thanks Rosemow :). Hope this works too, never quoted anyone on a forum so I'm practicing with you. I also need to learn how to edit my post after I write it. Can you link me to something that tells me how? I got my first plum on a comment I made earlier today and was surprised to see it as it wasn't a curse or anything, but would like to make it legible if it happens again.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Doh! Didn't come out like I thought but have a forum learning curve, lol.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    > Hello Hermitgirl It is nice to meet you. It is great that you have been enjoying simming since the original sims game was released and have had many fun simming hours. It is nice that you have started posting on the forums. I hope that you will enjoy meeting fellow simmers, learn new things about the game, find help when you need it and enjoy posting when you would like to.
    > Happy simming !

Thanks Rosemow :). Hope this works too, never quoted anyone on a forum so I'm practicing with you. I also need to learn how to edit my post after I write it. Can you link me to something that tells me how? I got my first plum on a comment I made earlier today and was surprised to see it as it wasn't a curse or anything, but would like to make it legible if it happens again.

Hello @Hermitgirl :) Your quoting won't turn out like it usually does for other simmers until you become a full member. Then it will turn out with the quotes in the grey box.
    To edit your post, click the little cog wheel at the top right hand side of your post. It will have the word "edit" come up. Then you can press that, and edit your post.
  • Options
    Thanks, learned something today :).
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    omochiomochi Posts: 11 New Member
    Hello, I'm Mochi.

I've been playing Sims for a while now but I never really posted on the forums before. Just bought the Sims 4 a couple days ago. :)
  • Options
    omochi wrote: »
    Hello, I'm Mochi.

I've been playing Sims for a while now but I never really posted on the forums before. Just bought the Sims 4 a couple days ago. :)

Hello @omochi :) Welcome to posting on the forums! It is great that you are have started posting. I hope that you enjoy meeting fellow simmers on the forums, reading about the sims in other simmers games and learning new things about the game! Have fun playing Sims 4!
  • Options
    omochiomochi Posts: 11 New Member
    @rosemow Thank you! Yeap, so far I'm loving the Sims 4. Love the game play and the expansion as well.
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    Hi I'm Prink, I've been playing The Sims since the released of it's third installation, I've enjoyed each games, especially 2 and look forward to the future of The Sims 4. I've been enjoying the forums so far but there are a few grouchy people on here but I'm sure it's just those days... I like pie and making good looking Sims lol
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    Hi I'm Prink, I've been playing The Sims since the released of it's third installation, I've enjoyed each games, especially 2 and look forward to the future of The Sims 4. I've been enjoying the forums so far but there are a few grouchy people on here but I'm sure it's just those days... I like pie and making good looking Sims lol

Hello @Prink34320 :) It is nice to meet you. It was great that Origin gave away Sims 2 for free last year so that many simmers could play it for the first time, as well as other simmers returning to play it again. Creating sims and building homes are enjoyable parts of simming.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top