Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

#ThisIsMySimsVision

Comments

• Options
    SadieD123SadieD123 Posts: 1,317 Member
    petalbot wrote: »
    @Starglitters9909 Thanks! The lack of detail and customization is one of the biggest disappointments about The Sims 4 for me, right along with no open world and toddlers. :(

I feel the same exact way. I can't play without CASt at this point. Like, it's KILLING me. Nothing matches! Everything is ugly! It's so frustrating. I don't think I could ever give up Sims 3. There's just soooo much freedom! It's great! My creativity in Sims 3 is ridiculous and no color/pattern swatches could ever replace such a powerful tool as CASt.
    275f503fc4c6c8ef197baeea76ebe0f91373200482_full_zpscc1a19512.gif
  • Options
    AlaskaBlackAlaskaBlack Posts: 68 Member
    > @natashified said:
    > #ThisisMySimsVision
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Truth Tea

I adore those pictures! Sims 2 is my fave. I really wish TS4 was like TS2 and TS3 combined. That would have been really neat.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Great visions everyone, I love how you've taken this and made it your own <3
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Great visions everyone, I love how you've taken this and made it your own <3

Thank you :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    angl2005151angl2005151 Posts: 149 Member
    What an amazing idea for an topic!
    #thismysimsvision

I'm thinking Sims5 for this ;)

I would love to start stores and venue's like in Sims2. In Sims2 I always had a toystore/bakery/flowershop on my legacy lot. But it must also include best stuff from ambitions, like an freelance artist, writer, gardner. It would be amazing if you could bring your art to the museum and see other sims commenting your work. To see reviews of your book in the newspaper, good and bad. Or as a gardner you can produce you're own flowers and sell them in your shop.
    snapshot_b16b9b7e_30cfff3f.jpg
    As well more life like jobs, fireman, doctor, policeman, teacher.
    While you're playing with a different family you can see your other sim walking around in uniform and arresting criminals. When there is an fire, no longer will an npc show up, but your Sims brother who happens to be a fireman.
    Screenshot-156.jpg

I want the life stages to be like in both TS2 and TS3, especialy the former. I want relationships be closer and more focus on families and friends.
    And to be honest I would love see a new life stage between the child and teen; the preteen (12-14 years). The preteen will experience his/her first kiss, while the teen can whoohoo for the first time and attend secret parties. Getting arrested and expelled from school. But also can get good grades and go off to college. I would love to see that you can choose a parenting style and it will affect the children in later life. Like if you neglect them as toddlers, they will become bullies as children or become lonely as teenagers. While it's also possible for them to become spoiled, because you have been to affectionate.
    Screenshot-205.jpg

I want to have college to be a mix of TS2 and TS3. With only an young adult stage.
    Screenshot-35.jpg

The adult stage would be longer, because you will lack the YA stage, but as you move further towards the elder stage, you would see grey hairs popping up, more wrinkels. There would be a spa where the more vain Sims can get botox. But of course that can backfire and make your Sim look hidious. But their would also be an hairdresser where you dye your grey hairs.
    Screenshot-258.jpg

I can think of a lot more, but this my vision if I would've been a dev :D

Nicole's Sims Story's
    www.nicolesimsstories.weebly.com

• Options
    sportgal18sportgal18 Posts: 113 Member
    My Sims Vision would heavily increase family play/building options

To be able to have teenaged Sims act more rebellious/dislike their family more -- they get a moodlet from spending too much time with parents, they can meet friends at school, sneak out at night, get acne, learn to drive, have a prom etc. Or you get a nerdy teenager who struggles to make friends and likes spending time with family and helps out a lot at home or stays in his room all day playing video games and reading comic books.

Bringing back laundry so Sims can be messier in their rooms, especially children, and giving children chores like "clean up room, sweep floor, clean bathroom, take out trash" which would group together tasks and could give them either a positive or negative moodlet (depending on how helpful they like to be).

Having more interactions between parents and children that are very familial, like "ask to do chores, scold for low grades/praise for high grades, ask for help with siblings, nag about keeping room clean/school/friends, teach teen to use acne medication".

Obviously my ideal sims game would have toddlers, and I really like the concept of middle-aged and pre-teen Sims as brought up by @qrlcode . I think it would be fun to have Sims that are in fandoms - like child/teen (possibly pre-teen?!) Sims have a favorite athlete or band or actor that they idolize and get a positive reward from having a poster of that Sim in their room and like to gush about that athlete/band/actor and can go to a concert or game or watch a TV show with that Sim and get a bigger benefit than usual. Or a "Dress like idol" option.

I'd like parents to be able to teach their Sim children more. With toddlers, there's the teach to walk and talk obvious, but also maybe teach to read? And teach to eat with fork and spoon in a high chair. Items for the toddler would include a pacifier accessory, toddler bed, play table, changing table, rocking chair that you can sit in with them and cuddle, potty chair, counting toy, musical toy, blocks, clay, tricycle and stuffed animals. Toddler Sims would need a nap during the day or else risk a tantrum where the Sims just cries for at least an hour and stresses the parents out. The siblings would be able to have fun interactions with the toddler like babysitting (for teen Sims, who can also get a part-time job baby-sitting for other families), sharing toys/stealing toys, feeding toddler, reading with toddler, hitting toddler (for jealous siblings), help parent change diaper, make silly face, color with toddler.

I'd also like more interactions with siblings in general. A teen can annoy a child or a child can annoy a teen right back in a way that's unique to siblings. Teens teaching children about the world or helping them with their homework or giving them advice in school or defending them against bullies.

Parents could teach children different skills that the children aren't able to learn on their own, like fishing and gardening and cooking. They can sings lullabies to their children and some kids could have bad dreams and wake up their parents or be scared of the dark.

In my build-mode Sims vision, there could be half walls and split-level homes like this:

524-Plainview-0011.jpg

room-divider-columns.jpg

L-shaped stairs, obviously.

Vintage-Wall-Clocks-Design-Interior.jpg

Driveways and garages and in winter, you have to pay to get your driveway plowed or shovel it out yourself.

Closets and bunkbeds and bouncy seats for babies.

As much as we'd all like Create-a-Style back, I know it's too buggy, but maybe just a color wheel with 64 or 72 set colors/shades to choose from for walls and furniture so there's more customization without it being too much.

And when you're in a neighborhood, you should be able to go into any building in that neighborhood without a loading screen so we have a semi-open world without the endless open world so as not to invite too many problems into the game.

I've just realized that's a lot for one post, but yeah. These are just some of my ideas!

• Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    I want to add:

--I want better routing for things. Not walking through each other, but I can deal with it if I have to. But what I mean is...if I place something on the wall with a table and chair in front of it, I want my sims to be able to interact with the object still. Reach over the obstacle or behind it. I really want wall mounted ovens and microwaves. Wall mounted bookcases that can go above TV's or desks, etc.

--I want kids to act like kids. For example...if a couch is not against a wall, kids and teens should be able to jump over it. They should choose to jump over fences instead of going through the gate. Climb trees. Lay on the couch and take up all the space (because they're inconsiderate). Swing on doors. Climb doorframes. Drink out of the milk carton. Have a chance of leaving a counter dirty no matter what they are doing on them. Sitting on tables and counters. The list could go on and on.

--I'd love for kids and toddlers to be able to sleep in the middle of their parents or sneak into their bed.

• Options
    AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited March 2015
    What an amazing idea for an topic!
    #thismysimsvision

I'm thinking Sims5 for this ;)

I would love to start stores and venue's like in Sims2. In Sims2 I always had a toystore/bakery/flowershop on my legacy lot. But it must also include best stuff from ambitions, like an freelance artist, writer, gardner. It would be amazing if you could bring your art to the museum and see other sims commenting your work. To see reviews of your book in the newspaper, good and bad. Or as a gardner you can produce you're own flowers and sell them in your shop.

snip

Thanks we at Penguin party did a lot to of work together brainstorming that idea and getting it out. It's been a team effort. I wonder if people actually knew what Penguin Party is cause i think we haven't explained it yet. We're a group of simmers that really want to give a voice to our community here on the forums. As people know we've all done our podcast together in trying to speak out and up for what we would like to see in game. Equally we wanted to create a voice for everyone in the community and do it in a positive way. So we all felt it would be fun for you, and hopefully dev's would find it fun too and participate as well. We want them to see our community still loves them and equally we wanted them to have a good way of seeing what we want. As there's been a lot of things in the media where abuse of developers are happening by their fanbase.

I actually want to know what they wished for to be in sims on a personal level not a developer level. So i hope they'll come to post some really cool pics too.

If you didn't know who all is in Penguin Party you can check out my link to our youtube page to find that out. I'm glad to see a lot of forumers are having fun with the idea. That's what all of us in Penguin Party had hoped for.

On a personal note, the life stages are a big thing for me im a generational player and all your vision is a lot of what i like and want to see in sims too. It's a great vision! Thanks for contributing.
  • Options
    WylseyWylsey Posts: 383 Member
    Some brilliant ideas here! So many things that could be added to the games, You'd almost think there would be an endless amount of DLC and expansions for the previous versions of the games :open_mouth:

I am working on my own vision for the sims, Although I think what I trying to do might take me a little while ;) It just means I get to play the game as I work on my project so thats a bonus!
    Penguin Party is a group made to encourage the community to share their visions, hopes and dreams for The Sims series, We as a group hope to get your voices heard and spread as far and wide as possible.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    well this is my view of what the sims4 should of been from the start

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkxO2hrQFWA

its sad that the sims2 was not like this or was it until the big fire that force a change in senario
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Memina11 wrote: »
    well this is my view of what the sims4 should of been from the start

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkxO2hrQFWA

its sad that the sims2 was not like this or was it until the big fire that force a change in senario
    I love that video. I wish it was like that too. I think that is real mischief with that video. It would have been funny seeing kids bounce off of furniture and jump on beds.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    My vision is a Sims game with a rich city environment.
    11100vq.jpg
    Here are some images from Urbz: Sims in the City. I really loved that game. Sims 4 would be perfect due to the fact that the suburbs of Willow Creek/Oasis Springs are always bustling with foot traffic. Something Sims 3 Bridgeport needed for being a city world; more foot traffic.
    3533xvs.png
    2hwftww.jpg
    I also loved the subcultures Urbz had with the different small city districts. Like..
    The Techies, Hipsters, Goths, Hip-hop enthusiasts and the city's "High-Class"/Rich
    2e1twex.jpg
    2le12yh.jpg
    fjf8li.jpg
    ipcr5e.jpg
    il9ab5.jpg
    ----Oh and cars or at least a usable trolley.

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    My Sim vision is as follows. One day I hope I live to see the Sims return to their roots. Which is a life simulator/open-ended core gameplay. But I have been wishing for transitional aging for years now, transitional heights over time kids growing taller where they can measure their heights to see how much they have grown over time. This would be a really cute feature when parents measure their kids and tell them 'oh look how tall you are getting!'.

I also want Sims traits tied to the emotions like they were in the past before the TS4, but a little more robust. And I hope someday they return to the rule Sims must behave in a reasonable manner. What is reasonable? Well, if a Sim cheats in front of another I expect a reasonable response to that little fiasco.

Or if a Sim fills a life time goal I expect a Sim to 'know' they filled it, to show some emotion about it, share it with others, and others congratulate them about it, etc. Wait, I think I pretty much have the core of that gameplay in the TS2.

I wish for blank canvases again (but more robust) given to players in the base game to build their own towns and themes of what type of town it will be with industry and urban, and burbs all on one map. I longed for the day if Sims traveled to the mountains on the map then they would have snow and cold in that area (depending on the elevation of the area) just like in real life. Or if they travelled to the desert on that map then they would have dry/arid heat, which would also affect their mood depending on their traits and their health.

Health meters, I longed for health meters to be an important part of the game much more so than it was in the TS2. With get fit meant they just might live longer in their old age. As it did in that game. But again more robust the next time.

I wanted death, disease and the political incorrectness of the games to return in the future games. If I didn't have a sense of humor I wouldn't enjoy SNL all that much. They aren't afraid to offend anyone, and neither are other comedians and neither was "The Sims" so I hope someday they go back to the humor.

Stereo typing, yes, The Sims did this so did the TS2, so I hope we see a return of this one day because if it wasn't funny SNL wouldn't be so funny to so many. Crude humor, sexual themes, and violence.

I haven't seen any violence in the TS4. And just like Will Wright I wish for The Sims to someday become a more mature game. I don't mean what some may think I mean but a more mature/ political side of the game where people are free to make any type of Sim they want and it adhere to the boundaries they set for the Sim instead of the developer> It's my personal opinion this should have been the road they took this time and stop catering to ten year olds who cry if the Sim dies. I have in the past because I was so vested in the Sim and that is what made me care about them because a lot of things in TS1 and TS2 would kill them off, now, it's something you must really force...not my idea of a game based on failures since the end of the TS2.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    edited March 2015
    Cinebar wrote: »
    My Sim vision is as follows. One day I hope I live to see the Sims return to their roots. Which is a life simulator/open-ended core gameplay. But I have been wishing for transitional aging for years now, transitional heights over time kids growing taller where they can measure their heights to see how much they have grown over time. This would be a really cute feature when parents measure their kids and tell them 'oh look how tall you are getting!'.

I also want Sims traits tied to the emotions like they were in the past before the TS4, but a little more robust. And I hope someday they return to the rule Sims must behave in a reasonable manner. What is reasonable? Well, if a Sim cheats in front of another I expect a reasonable response to that little fiasco.

Or if a Sim fills a life time goal I expect a Sim to 'know' they filled it, to show some emotion about it, share it with others, and others congratulate them about it, etc. Wait, I think I pretty much have the core of that gameplay in the TS2.

I wish for blank canvases again (but more robust) given to players in the base game to build their own towns and themes of what type of town it will be with industry and urban, and burbs all on one map. I longed for the day if Sims traveled to the mountains on the map then they would have snow and cold in that area (depending on the elevation of the area) just like in real life. Or if they travelled to the desert on that map then they would have dry/arid heat, which would also affect their mood depending on their traits and their health.

Health meters, I longed for health meters to be an important part of the game much more so than it was in the TS2. With get fit meant they just might live longer in their old age. As it did in that game. But again more robust the next time.

I wanted death, disease and the political incorrectness of the games to return in the future games. If I didn't have a sense of humor I wouldn't enjoy SNL all that much. They aren't afraid to offend anyone, and neither are other comedians and neither was "The Sims" so I hope someday they go back to the humor.

Stereo typing, yes, The Sims did this so did the TS2, so I hope we see a return of this one day because if it wasn't funny SNL wouldn't be so funny to so many. Crude humor, sexual themes, and violence.

I haven't seen any violence in the TS4. And just like Will Wright I wish for The Sims to someday become a more mature game. I don't mean what some may think I mean but a more mature/ political side of the game where people are free to make any type of Sim they want and it adhere to the boundaries they set for the Sim instead of the developer> It's my personal opinion this should have been the road they took this time and stop catering to ten year olds who cry if the Sim dies. I have in the past because I was so vested in the Sim and that is what made me care about them because a lot of things in TS1 and TS2 would kill them off, now, it's something you must really force...not my idea of a game based on failures since the end of the TS2.

Cinbar you may be right but the rating will always remain t for teen who knows maybe that by the next sims series the rating system will have change and the next sims game will be rated e for everyone, also you need to realise that with all the violent things happing in the real world i doubt that game developers would add this in a game like the sims but back on topic of my sim vision

I would see family vactions where toddlers are with the family on vacation

2eoyyc6.jpg
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    Shades302Shades302 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Honestly I just miss the cut scenes from sims 2, and the fact that cats and dogs in sims 2 could get jobs.
    Z6gfpiv.png?1
  • Options
    SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    blewis823 wrote: »
    Sims 3 build mode, whatever my imagination takes me it will go.
    Screenshot-1473.jpg

Screenshot-79-2.jpg
    Build tools capable of building complex structures (e.g. terrain tools, CFE, MOO, create-a-style) and freedom to place wall paper trims where ever you want to make more interesting and detailed walls.

vision2.jpg

@blewis823 and @petalbot; WOW! These houses are *gorgeous*! Links, please! I'd love to add these lots to my neighborhood!

• Options
    petalbotpetalbot Posts: 1,423 Member
    @Schweighsr Thanks! That home is Chateau de Bellevue, named for the stunningly beautiful views in Monte Vista. Here's the thread containing the picture tour, download link and EP/SP/store content info: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/728396/chateau-de-bellevue-by-petalbot/p1 No CC.

I'm still following the thread and I'm enjoying reading the different visions. I've read every single post so far. Keep them coming! :)
    sigg.gif

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    SadieD123 wrote: »
    The thing that I absolutely love about this thread is that in most of the pictures that everyone is posting, especially the ones with real people in them, they all exhibit one common theme: Life. Everybody in these pictures are living life the way normal human beings do. I mean everybody was taught how to walk and be potty trained. Most people can remember a time where they spent quality time having fun with their parents as a child at the park. At some point you might have been a cranky toddler going through terrible two's and didn't want to eat what your parent was feeding you. Or maybe you were the perfect child and always did your best.

That's another thing about life. Everything is so variable based from person to person. Nobody in life has the exact same experiences and they also do not react to the same thing in the same manner. That's why I feel like Sims 2 sims are probably a lot of simmers favorites when it comes to their interactions, personalities, mannerisms, etc. They were so variable and all of them ended up being unique even if it wasn't exactly what you wanted. But Sims 2 was the best at immitating life of actual people. And as a life simulation game isn't that the ultimate goal (or at least should be)? To simulate life, not weirder stories (although I'm not saying there's anything wrong with having weirder stories, but they shouldn't be the selling point of the game).

This, in essence, to me, is why Sims 4 fails so miserably in comparison to the other games. It completely took out all of these factors and it's no longer simulating life. Real, passionate, heartbreaking, frustrating, hilarious, love-filled, difficult, crazy, dynamic, unpredictable, beautifully amazing life.
    I really love my Sims 2 family (I'm playing and discovering the game at the moment). But I don't like how I sent my sim to the store yesterday, where he met an evil witch and had conversations with other sims and bought some grocery and the witch caused a blizzard and it started raining and then evening fell and he was tired so it was time to go home (this all I did like). And when he got home, not only were the rain and the blizzard gone, the sun shining bright, it was also ten in the morning again and my sim had to go to bed.

What I mean to say is: sims in 2 have flair and some really detailed animations, which is why I love playing it, but Sims 3 immitates life in general the best and that's equally important to say the least (more important for me personally). And that's exactly what Sims 4 should have contained. Sims with flair from 2 and real life and environment from 3.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    @JGuy92 Don't worry. Just keep posting. You're classified as a "new member" right now, but the more you post and the more you have people liking and LOL'ing to what you say, the faster you can become a "member." Once you're a member then you can post pictures. So please do come back and post them once you are! I'm sure we'd all love to see them!

ALSO!

@petalbot

I LOVE this interior! It's so beautiful! I'm assuming this is in one house. If so, do you have it listed on the Exchange? I'd LOVE to download it!!!
    vision6.jpg

vision18.jpg

@SadieD123 It's actually 2 different homes.

The first one is called Illuminate. A full picture tour, as well as info on EPs, SPs, and store content used and download link can be found here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/717355/illuminate-a-futuristic-modern-by-petalbot#latest

The second one is called Modernity and the tour and all other info is in this thread: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/758590/modernity-a-modern-home-by-petalbot/p1

Both of them are on the exchange and contain no CC.
    Absolutely gorgeous! You mean those blinds in the sleeping room are EA..!? Are they in the Store?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    edited March 2015
    What I mean to say is: sims in 2 have flair and some really detailed animations, which is why I love playing it, but Sims 3 immitates life in general the best and that's equally important to say the least (more important for me personally). And that's exactly what Sims 4 should have contained. Sims with flair from 2 and real life and environment from 3.

That's what I have been saying from the beginning. I want the best game play from TS2 to be put in TS3 open world and graphics. Then I will be content.

Edited : Forget to add, build mode :)
  • Options
    Susiechan wrote: »

That's what I have been saying from the beginning. I want the best game play from TS2 to be put in TS3 open world and graphics. Then I will be content.

With CASt from Sims 3.
  • Options
    SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member

With CASt from Sims 3.

Yes, you got it :) , with CASt please.

I am not a creative person, but I do enjoy all pretty buildings and creations from the talented builders in TS3. I spent $$$$ for TS3 contents alone (not including another $$$$ that I spent to upgrade my pc), but I don't regret it a bit. Because I enjoy it. As I said many times, if I enjoy something, I won't mind parting with my money. I could have spent double or even triple that amount if EA had given me my vision game. But no, they chose to save me my money and presented me with TS4 instead. Therefore, I spent not even one penny for TS4, at the moment.
  • Options
    edited March 2015

With CASt from Sims 3.

Yes, you got it :) , with CASt please.

I am not a creative person, but I do enjoy all pretty buildings and creations from the talented builders in TS3. I spent $$$$ for TS3 contents alone (not including another $$$$ that I spent to upgrade my pc), but I don't regret it a bit. Because I enjoy it. As I said many times, if I enjoy something, I won't mind parting with my money. I could have spent double or even triple that amount if EA had given me my vision game. But no, they chose to save me my money and presented me with TS4 instead. Therefore, I spent not even one penny for TS4, at the moment.

This is exactly how I feel. Honestly, if EA had made a game that was worth it I wouldn't mind throwing as much money as necessary at it. But unfortunately, that's not the case with Sims 4. At least for me.
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    Schweighsr wrote: »
    blewis823 wrote: »
    Sims 3 build mode, whatever my imagination takes me it will go.
    [snipped image]
    Build tools capable of building complex structures (e.g. terrain tools, CFE, MOO, create-a-style) and freedom to place wall paper trims where ever you want to make more interesting and detailed walls.

[snipped image]

@blewis823 and @petalbot; WOW! These houses are *gorgeous*! Links, please! I'd love to add these lots to my neighborhood!

They are in my game but I don't think I have the uploads on my studio page anymore.
    http://www.thesims3.com/userExchange.html?persona=blewis823&sortOrder=desc&action=&sortField=created_at&assetType=all&position=0&index=1

I need to go in the game and upload them for you. Give me a day, OK?

Thank you for the compliment. I build close and cozy which doesn't seem to go with most style of playing, so I am amazed when anyone is interested in my lots. *giggles*
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.