Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

#ThisIsMySimsVision

Comments

• Options
    JenzupJenzup Posts: 1,620 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    I know these are videos but I really want toddlers and I hope that they can dance like these cute little toddlers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdcuaeYV9oM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlpPsQaH2GQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO7EeO3Xhzk

My baby nephew is only a few months old and he already enjoys to dance. It was funny he was moving his legs and dancing to Springtime for 🐸🐸🐸🐸 from the Producers the other day. So even babies enjoy to dance. My other nephew is 8 now and he enjoys to dance as well especially shaking his 🐸🐸🐸🐸. XD

OMG those videos wow just wow awesome thanks for sharing that first one was the best I had the same thought as one of those judges that asked was he a robot. lol toooooooooo cute OMG it would be sooooooo cute if sims had dancing toddlers.

:o They listened and gave us toddlers! Thanks Devs your work is appreciated.
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited March 2015
    @blewis823 I love all those builds. I've always loved your lots, as well as the lots of @petalbot. So much talent! I completely agree that TS4 made building easier, but most of the really talented builders I know never asked for 'easy'. They've asked for content or ways of creating certain things. And they loved using their imagination to create unique looks.

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading this thread. Can't say I agree with everything everyone asked for, but what I think most of us agree on is that we want more interactions and animations for our sim families and friends as well as more group activities for them. I think in general most of us want our sims to imitate everyday life but we want these everyday activities and events to reveal charming and witty surprises.

I also want creative tools back, that allow me to design sims and neighborhoods myself. If possible I'd like the team to stop using cell phones to accomplish basic game mechanics (such as traveling) so that themed neighborhoods would be possible again. You can't recreate a historic period if sims are going to whip out cell phones and taxis are going to automagically zip around the 'hood.

I want control of my game again. I'm ok with optional 'mini games' but I don't want specific lists of (mostly boring) things my sims have to do to accomplish some goal. When there are some objectives, I want options so they can be accomplished in a variety of ways.

I love the Sims and I wish I could love TS4, but it just misses the mark on all of these things in my opinion. I'm not giving up hope quite yet, but if there is a TS5 I hope the vision for it more closely matches the vision articulated in this thread.

The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Jenzup wrote: »

OMG those videos wow just wow awesome thanks for sharing that first one was the best I had the same thought as one of those judges that asked was he a robot. lol toooooooooo cute OMG it would be sooooooo cute if sims had dancing toddlers.
    Your welcome and yes it would be so adorable to get dancing toddlers in the Sims again.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    This is my vision of the Sims, a dollhouse.
    latest?cb=20130105111805

This article I think explains it the best by Mike Sego.

I like having control of my Sims. I like having it just as fun to control 1 Sim as it is to control 8 Sims. There should be just as many options for a Sim that wants to woohoo around town as there should be for a family of Sims that want to grow up and share memories together. There just needs to be an illusion of the game not having limits and scripted gameplay should not determine the success or failure of a game. I want to be able to see my Sims lives first hand and watching their life events happen rather than text telling me things happen. I want to see the emotions instead of having a game tell me what emotions my Sims are going through. Sims should be a sandbox of endless possibilities and when it doesn't Simmers get bored and run out of things to do in the Sims 4.
    Post edited by Scobre on
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    I expected something at least like this? I mean the CC is incredible and even though it is Sims 3... music video it is 100 times better than the Yogi Bear and Booboo we got now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzSbVXM_9hA
  • Options
    JenzupJenzup Posts: 1,620 Member
    gamekitten wrote: »
    I expected something at least like this? I mean the CC is incredible and even though it is Sims 3... music video it is 100 times better than the Yogi Bear and Booboo we got now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzSbVXM_9hA

Loved it!! It was weird for me to hear sims actually singing words (not that I didn't like that is was just different especially being used to Simlish) other than that I loved it, wish sims could really dance and move like that.
    :o They listened and gave us toddlers! Thanks Devs your work is appreciated.
  • Options
    Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    edited March 2015
    petalbot wrote: »
    @Starglitters9909 Thanks! The lack of detail and customization is one of the biggest disappointments about The Sims 4 for me, right along with no open world and toddlers. :(

Everything in the sims 4 looks so smooth to me. There's no intricate details in the objects or the sims themselves. I think the sims 3 was made to look more realistic. The sims 4 has a more cartoony look to it. You can see this in the trees, rocks and even the grass in the sims 4. The grass to me looks like a sheet of green paper with a few marks that are suppose to look like grass.

Post edited by Starglitters9909 on
    6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited March 2015
    Me personally, I wouldn't want Sims 3 CC looks for the game. Most of the time it's aiming for highly realistic and that for me is the other end of the spectrum as the cartoony look we have now. I'd like something in the middle. Sims 3 vanilla style but with better CAS, more opportunities. And I'd love real toddler like animations for the toddlers. Things toddlers do in daily life (like on a lot of pictures in this thread).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    CC is a hit or miss type thing for me. I have to see how it looks in game before I keep it. Some things don't work with Sims 4 and I promptly remove anything I don't like in the game.

It was the same for Sims 2 and 3. Some creators I trust will stay true to a game's style, others I stay away from because it's photoskinned (which I hate above all) or have terrible edges, photoshop skills are dismal.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    WylseyWylsey Posts: 383 Member
    Check it out guys and gals! :) Your voices are being heard! Keep up the brilliant work!

Penguin Party is a group made to encourage the community to share their visions, hopes and dreams for The Sims series, We as a group hope to get your voices heard and spread as far and wide as possible.
  • Options
    Wylsey wrote: »
    Check it out guys and gals! :) Your voices are being heard! Keep up the brilliant work!

Yay congrats @sparkfairy1 and everyone.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    That's nice! So they are actually interested in all these visions?
    (hope)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    So what I love about the Sims is the balance of success and failure. I played the Sims 4 at night and came out with this problem. I realized a fire was occurring when one of my Sim's boyfriend caught on fire. So the smoke monitor and sprinkler system only works inside the house, what do I do for outside fires without having fire fighters around? Thankfully I have a mod to increase death reactions in my game, so 3 out of the 6 Sims in the house reacted to the fire. Not enough Sims reacting to life events like this, but moving on. I instructed the girlfriend and her mom put the fire out. I like when accidents like this happen and I can figure out solutions when those accidents occur. The Sims shouldn't just be about success and goals, but about figuring out solutions when accidents present themselves. I am forever nick naming her boyfriend a "smoking hot boyfriend."

03-18-15_12-18nbspAM_zpsb5bzukpl.png

03-18-15_12-19nbspAM_zpseds1tdn3.png
  • Options
    christinebremnerchristinebremner Posts: 3,513 Member
    Hi all, I want to also share my simsvision. :)

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

FEvr1sR.gif
  • Options
    @christinebremner Great Pics! I love the glow from the full moon nights and Bonehilda is so much fun in my houses. She kept me in stitches.

Screenshot-76-1.jpg

Screenshot-40-5.jpg
    Screenshot-39-5.jpg
    Screenshot-38-6.jpg
    Screenshot-43-2.jpg

A feast party is not complete without the full moon effects. LOL
    Screenshot-53-5.jpg
    Screenshot-52-6.jpg
    Screenshot-51-4.jpg
    Screenshot-50-3.jpg

Zombies! Life of the party! (pun intended) ;)
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    @blewis823 - Eaten by cowplants is the best thing I can think of for creepy Bonehilda! Do they eat zombies too? The only thing in Sims 3 that creeped me out worse than Bonehilda was the zombies.

Love the variety that's turning up in this thread :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    christinebremnerchristinebremner Posts: 3,513 Member
    @blewis823 thank you! OMG yours are so cool, I love Bonehilda too and she made me laugh with the silly things she did.

Your pics reminded me of the time Bondehilda watched my sims woohoo, apparently she wanted to read a book on their bed and very willing to wait it out. lol
    screenshot_original.jpg
    FEvr1sR.gif
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    What an amazing idea for an topic!
    #thismysimsvision

I'm thinking Sims5 for this ;)

I want the life stages to be like in both TS2 and TS3, especialy the former. I want relationships be closer and more focus on families and friends.
    And to be honest I would love see a new life stage between the child and teen; the preteen (12-14 years). The preteen will experience his/her first kiss, while the teen can whoohoo for the first time and attend secret parties. Getting arrested and expelled from school. But also can get good grades and go off to college. I would love to see that you can choose a parenting style and it will affect the children in later life. Like if you neglect them as toddlers, they will become bullies as children or become lonely as teenagers. While it's also possible for them to become spoiled, because you have been to affectionate.
    Screenshot-205.jpg

I like you points :smile:

A few people would like to see children bullying in The Sims but it adds to realism and I have mean spirited kids and teens who are the local gang.

A lot of these ideas are long over due in The Sims
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    @blewis823 - Eaten by cowplants is the best thing I can think of for creepy Bonehilda! Do they eat zombies too? The only thing in Sims 3 that creeped me out worse than Bonehilda was the zombies.

Love the variety that's turning up in this thread :)

I really wanted a Bonehilda tombstone, but my cowplant kept spitting her out. Others had been successful getting Bones eaten.

I've never seen the cowplant eat the zombies, don't think so because they are low in hygiene and the Sims 3 ones won't eat smelly sims. That cowplant ate the mailman once. LOL

@blewis823 thank you! OMG yours are so cool, I love Bonehilda too and she made me laugh with the silly things she did.

Your pics reminded me of the time Bondehilda watched my sims woohoo, apparently she wanted to read a book on their bed and very willing to wait it out. lol
    [snipped image]

OK, that was irritable. She did do things like that which annoyed me. LOL

I have lots more pictures of Bonehilda and her antics. Need to gather for future postings.

• Options
    AlaskaBlackAlaskaBlack Posts: 68 Member
    blewis823 wrote: »
    @christinebremner Great Pics! I love the glow from the full moon nights and Bonehilda is so much fun in my houses. She kept me in stitches.

Screenshot-76-1.jpg

Screenshot-40-5.jpg
    Screenshot-39-5.jpg
    Screenshot-38-6.jpg
    Screenshot-43-2.jpg

A feast party is not complete without the full moon effects. LOL
    Screenshot-53-5.jpg
    Screenshot-52-6.jpg
    Screenshot-51-4.jpg
    Screenshot-50-3.jpg

Zombies! Life of the party! (pun intended) ;)
    Bonehilda is bae <3
  • Options
    WylseyWylsey Posts: 383 Member
    Don't forget lady's and Gent's, if you'd like to Tweet the #Thisismysimsvision on twitter, it is also another way of getting voices heard. :) Let the gaming world know how we feel and what we want from the game we all love so much!

Penguin Party is a group made to encourage the community to share their visions, hopes and dreams for The Sims series, We as a group hope to get your voices heard and spread as far and wide as possible.
  • Options
    SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    Scobre wrote: »

Yay congrats @sparkfairy1 and everyone.

That's great... now my hope is back.... :)
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    Who would love in the sims4 the option to teach nursery rimes to toddlers like in the sims2 see video included
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwsptIa-6Ic&amp;feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEdQezcZ8Sw&amp;feature=youtu.be
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    Don't forget lady's and Gent's, if you'd like to Tweet the #Thisismysimsvision on twitter, it is also another way of getting voices heard. :) Let the gaming world know how we feel and what we want from the game we all love so much!

Woot!!!! Plus don't forget the Dev's too. We want to know what they hoped for at one time too. Remember when Lyndsay said she's always dreamed of Zoo's. Lol I have too! It's a great way for us to bond with them and open a positive way to communicate!!!!!

Im having a lot of fun watching all the pictures in the thread and i really really hope people will post a whole lot more!

Especially the builders man did some people post some beautiful work!
  • Options
    petalbotpetalbot Posts: 1,423 Member
    petalbot wrote: »
    SadieD123 wrote: »
    @JGuy92 Don't worry. Just keep posting. You're classified as a "new member" right now, but the more you post and the more you have people liking and LOL'ing to what you say, the faster you can become a "member." Once you're a member then you can post pictures. So please do come back and post them once you are! I'm sure we'd all love to see them!

ALSO!

@petalbot

I LOVE this interior! It's so beautiful! I'm assuming this is in one house. If so, do you have it listed on the Exchange? I'd LOVE to download it!!!
    vision6.jpg

vision18.jpg

@SadieD123 It's actually 2 different homes.

The first one is called Illuminate. A full picture tour, as well as info on EPs, SPs, and store content used and download link can be found here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/717355/illuminate-a-futuristic-modern-by-petalbot#latest

The second one is called Modernity and the tour and all other info is in this thread: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/758590/modernity-a-modern-home-by-petalbot/p1

Both of them are on the exchange and contain no CC.
    Absolutely gorgeous! You mean those blinds in the sleeping room are EA..!? Are they in the Store?

I'm sorry I'm really tired right now, so I'm being a most dense. You mean the blinds in the kids room in Illuminate-- those are from the base game. In the other bedrooms from that house I used Windows from island paradise with lights from the base game applied to them. In Modernity, it's Windows from Into the future with the holographic projectors from Into the future applied to them.
    sigg.gif