Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

#ThisIsMySimsVision

Comments

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I love all your ideas and pictures. @greenXen
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited April 2015
    Thanks, @Scobre and @HappySimmer3. I found not being able to turn off zombies annoying in Sims 3. That's part of the reason I was thinking a separate world might be nice where they would only exist in the regular neighborhoods if you brought them back or created them in CAS. I like to play with the supernatural sometimes, but not so much that I want vampires, zombies, fairies, werewolves, and other creatures walking the streets of suburbia (especially in the day time).

Edit: Thanks, @Invaderchickycat and @luthienrising, too. I'm sorry I didn't scroll back far enough before typing.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • Options
    greenXen wrote: »
    I found not being able to turn off zombies annoying in Sims 3. That's part of the reason I was thinking a separate world might be nice where they would only exist in the regular neighborhoods if you brought them back. I like to play with supernatural sometimes, but not so much that I want vampires, zombies, fairies, werewolves, and other creatures walking the streets of suburbia (especially in the day time).
    Yeah I hated the zombies in the Sims 3. They were so much better in the Sims 2. It gave a whole new meaning to pushing daisies. I'm actually having an interesting discussion about supernaturals in this thread: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/821510/supernaturals-in-eps/p1 We started talking about having a separate world for each of the supernaturals.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    @greenXen I thought it was funny that you put the supernatural stuff under #13. :D

I loved every single thing you listed, really brilliant stuff...with the exception of the supernatural stuff under #13. :p I know a lot of people love the supernaturals/creatures so I would never wish for them to be removed, but I rarely, if ever, play them.

#ThisIsMyVision - Please, please, please, make it a part of the game that these creatures can be prevented from spawning in our neighborhoods.

In addition to giving those of us who don't want to play them a way to keep them out, I would also like to point out that having control over them per saved game would allow more customization options for everyone. If someone wanted a 'hood with nothing but fairies, having control would allow that.

I was very grateful they added this to TS3 and was very disappointed that there is no way to prevent aliens from our saved games in TS4; I really hope this functionality is added some day soon.
    One would think they understand by now we want to control things like that, no matter what. I love the supernaturals myself, but I don't want a town filled with fairies, witches, werewolves, vampires and mermaids. As long as I remember (Sims 3) great ideas always suffered because they were completely uncontrollable and overdone.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    petalbotpetalbot Posts: 1,423 Member
    @SadieD123 , @Susiechan , @HappySimmer3 Thanks so much!

@astridentanja LOL, after looking back, I can see what you meant now. I'm awake this time. :) And Thanks!

@83bienchen Love your pictures. The one of the father picking up is daughter is simply enchanting. The emotion conveyed on her face is so genuine and real.
    sigg.gif

• Options
    TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    What happened???? I want to see more please!! I am trying to compose #ThisIsMyVision to add to all of the Awesome visions! :)
  • Options
    SadieD123SadieD123 Posts: 1,317 Member
    edited March 2015
    I have another baby idea!

Can we get a "burp baby" interaction after feeding the baby? And can it come with a couple of different animations for it? Like if the mother fed the baby standing then the interaction would look like this:
    Burping-position-over-shoulder-for-web.jpg

Or if the mother fed the baby while sitting down, then the animation could look like these (just chosen at random):

mother-burping-baby.jpg2012-01-09-How-to-Burp-a-Baby-An-Illustrated-Guide-3.jpgburping-baby.jpg

And anyone who is able to feed the baby can also burp the baby so like Teen through Adult. Also, it'll be cool that if you burp the baby there may be a random chance that it'll spit up on the sim burping them. I can see this being kinda funny especially if the Sims who gets spit up on is a neat sim or doesn't like children or something. And if you don't burp the baby after feeding, then after a couple of times, the baby will start crying and won't stop until it gets burped.

I think this would be a really nice interaction that we haven't seen in a sims game, and it'd be really cute as well, however, seeing as the baby in Sims 4 is attached to the crib then...... #Sims5 #ThisIsMyVision
    Post edited by SadieD123 on
    275f503fc4c6c8ef197baeea76ebe0f91373200482_full_zpscc1a19512.gif
  • Options
    mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited March 2015
    SadieD123 wrote: »

Can we get a "burp baby" interaction after feeding the baby? And can it come with a couple of different animations for it? Like if the mother fed the baby standing then the interaction would look like this:

Or if the mother fed the baby while sitting down, then the animation could look like these:

mother-burping-baby.jpg2012-01-09-How-to-Burp-a-Baby-An-Illustrated-Guide-3.jpgburping-baby.jpg

And anyone who is able to feed the baby can also burp the baby so like Teen through Adult. Also, it'll be cool that if you burp the baby there may be a random chance that it'll spit up on the sim burping them. I can see this being kinda funny especially if the Sims who gets spit up on is a neat sim or doesn't like children or something. And if you don't burp the baby after feeding, then after a couple of times, the baby will start crying and won't stop until it gets burped.

I think this would be a really nice interaction that we haven't seen in a sims game, and it'd be really cute as well, however, seeing as the baby in Sims 4 is attached to the crib then...... #Sims5 #ThisIsMyVision

I am almoooost positive that we had baby burping in TS2. I'll have to Google to make sure, but I remember there being a ton more adorable interactions with babies and think that was one. I know if you fed baby and then instantly started playing with her like tossing or bouncing, she would throw up on the parent. Loved that one and would love to see both of those return!

ETA Yep! found it!

https://youtu.be/PbDePePXSP0
  • Options
    mortia wrote: »

Or if the mother fed the baby while sitting down, then the animation could look like these:

I am almoooost positive that we had baby burping in TS2. I'll have to Google to make sure, but I remember there being a ton more adorable interactions with babies and think that was one. I know if you fed baby and then instantly started playing with her like tossing or bouncing, she would throw up on the parent. Loved that one and would love to see both of those return!

ETA Yep! found it!

https://youtu.be/PbDePePXSP0

Hmmm..... I kinda remember this. But I don't think it was an actual interaction to burp the baby. If I recall, it would sometimes happen after you fed it and then happened to cuddle them. I was hoping for a legitimate burp baby interaction instead of it randomly being attached to cuddling.
  • Options

Hmmm..... I kinda remember this. But I don't think it was an actual interaction to burp the baby. If I recall, it would sometimes happen after you fed it and then happened to cuddle them. I was hoping for a legitimate burp baby interaction instead of it randomly being attached to cuddling.

Ahh, gotcha. That would be a nice little detail for sure. I'd also love to see ridiculously cute things like babies grabbing their older sibling's finger in that baby vise grip they have, or being able to tickle them or play 'this little piggy' with their toes. Most of all, though, I want to see them liberated from Babyjail :|
  • Options
    edited March 2015

Ahh, gotcha. That would be a nice little detail for sure. I'd also love to see ridiculously cute things like babies grabbing their older sibling's finger in that baby vise grip they have, or being able to tickle them or play 'this little piggy' with their toes. Most of all, though, I want to see them liberated from Babyjail :|

I totally agree. Babyjail was the worst decision ever for the babies. I mean if people didn't already think they were boring, this decision certainly did not help the poor things. In each game iteration from The Sims to Sims 3, I have NEVER skipped the baby stage, but I ended up doing that in Sims 4 because they are SUPER boring in this game. I typically love the baby stage (actually all the stages). But I just can't deal with them in Sims 4. I really dislike them in this game, and they really should have been 100 times better.

I'd also like for the parents to be able to maybe sing a lullaby to a cranky baby and even toddler and maybe children. I know there's a play lullaby for like the guitar or something in Sims 4, but I want to see the parents actually rock their babies in their arms and sing to them, while looking lovingly at their little bundle of joy as they watch them fall off to sleep and maybe the baby will yawn before completely going to sleep. So sweet......

There's just SOOOOO much that can be done with the babies (actually all of the lifestages) that I wish we could see in the game. Especially because babies tend to be the "lamest" lifestage in Sims.
  • Options
    agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    edited March 2015
    I wholly agree everything you guys have said about family play/ toddlers and even spiral staircases... I wanted to bring something different to the discussion so here is my vision. I'd like to be able to create custom aquariums... I imagine it would be like the pool/fountain tool, except it builds one level up (instead of down). I think the easiest way would be to have a build tool that builds the aquarium with solid walls first, and then we get to decide where to place the glass- it could be small little circles like the submarine windows, or giant floor to ceiling glass. I'd want to be able to buy/ catch different types of fish and corals + other decorations from aquarium stores as well as collect them from all over the sim world. I want to be able to scuba dive in my own aquarium if it is big enough. These aquariums could be anything from pure glass to structures that double up as something else, like a column. The aquariums we got in TS1-3 were cool, but this is TS4...we should definitely get something WAY cooler! See below for examples:

fin1.jpg
    banner1.jpg
    Custom-built-aquavista-panoramic.jpg
    dazzling-footballer-home-interior-with-custom-designed-aquarium-525x348.jpg
    in_wall_saltwater_aquarium.jpg
    banner4.jpg
    custom-designed-aquariums.jpg

Also... custom showers and custom closets!
  • Options
    agent_bev wrote: »
    I wholly agree everything you guys have said about family play/ toddlers and even spiral staircases... I wanted to bring something different to the discussion so here is my vision. I'd like to be able to create custom aquariums... I imagine it would be like the pool/fountain tool, except it builds one level up (instead of down). I think the easiest way would be to have a build tool that builds the aquarium with solid walls first, and then we get to decide where to place the glass- it could be small little circles like the submarine windows, or giant floor to ceiling glass. I'd want to be able to buy/ catch different types of fish and corals + other decorations from aquarium stores as well as collect them from all over the sim world. I want to be able to scuba dive in my own aquarium if it is big enough. These aquariums could be anything from pure glass to structures that double up as something else, like a column. The aquariums we got in TS1-3 were cool, but this is TS4...we should definitely get something WAY cooler! See below for examples:

Those were really cool ideas. Not sure if it'd happen but it would be pretty neat to use. And I'd just like closets in general, forget custom. lol
  • Options
    JenzupJenzup Posts: 1,620 Member
    edited March 2015
    I think there should be a permission interaction button. Like if your sim had friends or family and those wanted to hold the baby, feed the baby, watch the baby then if they were in a high enough relationship with your sim then they could have the option to ask to do such things.

I also think this ask permission option/button could expand to other things. I think if I remember in Sims 2 you were a teenager you had to ask your parents for permission to go out. I would like that interaction back as well as have another ask permission button apply to sims that are visiting so that your sim doesn't get told they are behaving inappropriately message when visiting a friends house (this was discussed somewhere else in the forums about how annoying it was but I'll mention it again).

I don't know how many times my sim would be absolutely starving and visiting a friend but when they went to make a meal then they were suddenly labeled as being a rude guest. Now I can understand if your sim was a stranger or acquaintance or even just made friends with the owner of the house that day they would say this but for good friends best friends or family that is on good terms I can't get over them being told this, it seems rude. (of course in my dream game of sims there would be a degree of variation of how well a sim gains permission from a household to use the household fully, like I could see sims that were very sociable and not picky about their acquaintances allow acquaintances such allowances, but if they had certain traits they would be more picky especially if say a sim was a snob and a slob stranger came to their home they wouldn't be very welcoming of said slob sim and if your sim lived in a trailer park and was into the criminal career then they would be suspicious of any sim in uniform or "looked" like or gave them a vibe that they were a cop or nosey reporter speaking of which could we have suspicious nature as a trait?)

I had this one guy who had a girlfriend who had some grown children in the house (she was an elder the guy was adult) though he was sleeping with her he wasn't allowed to have access to the kitchen (I was trying to get him to move into his girlfriends house and out of the house he was currently living in as it was getting crowded and I needed the room for the married sims in the house he lived in to have babies so they could fulfill their wants) and he could only take showers there early that morning as the day wore on his permission was revoked which I thought was ridiculous as he pretty much was living there and was lovers with her. (their bar was at the fuller end I was finally able to get him engaged to her but still had problems with this permission thing even with her, the game finally came up with the option for him to move out and into her house which I was glad but it did irritate me that he had no way to get or keep permission to use the items necessary for him to keep his meters up. See it would have made more sense if he lived with his girlfriend and no ONE else in the house liked him and not that they would revoke his permission but that they would treat him in a begrudging manner or it would be a point for them to argue with their mother or their traits would cause them to treat him in a manner according to their traits and this is why I think this is my dream version of the way sims would play cause I doubt it could be done at this point in time)

And I always wanted to have an option to ask good friends or family to be able to babysit sim children. I don't know how many times my sims needed a baby sitter and one of the visiting grandmother's could not be asked to do this and they had to call a complete stranger. Or a good friend or other relative would be visiting and despite the fact that they were on good terms or friends there was no option to ask them to do a favor.

About favors I have mentioned this elsewhere on the forums but I wish there was an ask favor or ask to borrow interaction (like neighbor sims could harass their neighbors about borrowing x,y or z. IRL where I grew up we had neighbors like that and man it was annoying especially when they rarely ever returned the items they borrowed or asked to borrow stupid stuff like ice or scissors) It could be a point of contention between neighbors and the reason for setting up pranks against neighbors if they didn't get along (like setting up sprinklers that go off when the neighbor sim is on their way to work, planting a tree that grows onto the neighbors property and then training pigeons to roost in the tree that would then poop on the neighbor's car, calling the pizza delivery guy on your neighbors or police or fireman or prank calling your neighbors or letting your pet use the neighbors yard for a litter box or allowing your annoying kids to sabotage the neighbors flowers or garden, smash baseballs through windows think Dennis the Menace etc. at least you would have neat stories behind why people would be angry at each other in the town than have them randomly smack some other sim they don't know) Or having a grumpy old man in the neighborhood yell at kids that came too close to his car (he could be Mrs. Crumplebottoms husband).

Well as regards the favor part of what I was talking about I would like people to be able to ask favors and this would be a new option for an interaction that would come up whenever people became friends or above or if you had an inappropriate sim that would ask favors of people they didn't know. This could be a point of contention with a snob,ambitious, wealth obsessed sim if he/she felt someone overstepped their bounds of acquaintance like receive a request for money from a mooch traited sim or some other favor from an inappropriate sim (or even a non-flirty sim receiving flirty behavior/requests/propositions from a flirty sim).

About points of contentions, I liked the way couples could get in a fight in TS2 and have a red pie icon over the picture of their spouse/lover and then this pie chart would SLOWLY disappear and when it was almost back to normal it turned blue but while it was red that person didn't want to have anything to do with the offender and when it was blue they'd be more receptive to the offender but only with certain interactions. I wish they would bring that back and have it apply to all sims. If your sim somehow offended another sim then they would get the red pie and depending on their personality traits and/or combination of seriousness of the offense would determine how fast the red pie would dissipate or turn to blue. I think that is a better way to handle sims being mad at one another than what 3 currently has now because it doesn't seem consistent the way 3 has it and once enemies always enemies it seems (another thing I don't like is the apology button is not very good that's another subject altogether though there should be a try to bribe or bargain button as well as apology and I don't like the reactions from a sim who is grieving and your sim tries to comfort or console them then they get in a rage which I could see but only in some circumstances but the game needs to have other reactions as well).

If your sim continued doing something to upset a sim with this pie chart turned red instead of letting them cool down and they persisted in irritating the other sim then this would be the cause them to lose relationship points. Then the relationship could decay as normal with double negative points after turning this pie menu completely red and having it go off. Of course then when their friendship meter fell then they would be enemies or stop being friends or break up. It always irritated me that it seemed too easy to offend sims (this really got my pie chart to pulsing red lol).

I currently have this one sim that is a diva who is constantly losing his friendship with his relatives because of his accusing others of being divas. This annoys me for two reasons the 1st is that being a diva means more than accusing others of being a diva, it should mean that person always has to be catered to or the center of attention this is what should annoy other people and depending on their traits (grumpy, hot-headed, mean-sprited would lose their patience faster) would cause them to lose their patience and then go off on the diva especially if the diva were making things very difficult for the other sims. The 2nd thing that bothers me about it is, I think nice, family oriented, good or other positively traited sims wouldn't go off on a diva sim just for one (is being called a diva an insult even?) insult. The way I would have it work is for the positively traited sims, their pie meter would come up on their icon and it would be blue if the diva sim persisted in his/her bad behavior then of course that pie meter would tick up to yellow then orange then red depending on the severity of the behavior and the mood of the current sim. (meaning the state of their needs if they have their needs filled/high or green they'd have more tolerance and if they have low needs or red then they'd have less tolerance, this variance of tolerance would reflect real life)

This is how this goes with my topic of asking to do favors if there is a diva sim then the diva sim would constantly be asking favors (or a mooch traited sim they would be mooching favors or slob traited sim would be asking for cleaning favors of others especially nice or clean traited sims) if other sims were in a good mood then they might not mind doing them, mean traited sims would mind more or blow off these favors or maybe do them but wrong or turn them into pranks to annoy the sim asking for the favors. A diva sim would ask for many favors and or ones that would annoy their friends and family and could cause others (who might have high meters or otherwise in a good mood to start having a foul one and this would activate their points of contention meters/pie-chart color thingy) Again my ideas are probably too complicated at this time so this is my vision of how I'd play sims.
    :o They listened and gave us toddlers! Thanks Devs your work is appreciated.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    agent_bev wrote: »

fin1.jpg
    banner1.jpg
    Custom-built-aquavista-panoramic.jpg
    dazzling-footballer-home-interior-with-custom-designed-aquarium-525x348.jpg
    in_wall_saltwater_aquarium.jpg
    banner4.jpg
    custom-designed-aquariums.jpg

I soooo missed aquariums in 3 I loved how in 2 console anyway you could have an aquarium and grow your own seafood and then harvest it and then use it in recipes. If you used the fish from the aquarium it added a certain effect to your meal would put sims in better moods. The whole cooking thing was surprisingly way more intricate in that console version than either of the computer games that I've played. You could make meals by choosing different ingredients and depending on different ingredients combined you could make different dishes. If you added flour eggs and milk/cheese and veggies/meat you could have pizza, or fruit breads or pies or meat loafs it was very fun and surprisingly intricate for a console game. You could even stumble across a new recipe just by experimenting with different ingredients.

I'd love to combine that with how sims learned more recipes as they advanced in their cooking skill in the computer versions. In that console version you could read the paper, book or watch tv to learn new recipes, can't remember whether or not you could socialize with someone else to learn them or not I know you couldn't go take a class I liked how you could do that i 3 but I think the best way to go is have a variety of ways to improve the cooking skill or any skill for that matter.

I liked the fact you could learn fishing from the tv or even read books about it or learn certain techniques that you could only find at the bookstore. In 3 could your sim instruct other sims in any skill after they maxed their logic? I haven't explored this in 3 (teaching/tutoring other sims I mean I know it can be done but I'm not sure to what extent meaning can you teach all skills or only ones you have maxed out as well as your sims logic skill as I hadn't got to that part yet in 3 I only ever tutored other sims when it was an opportunity in 3 cause it never occurred to me for my sims to do that might twiddle with that now that I've mentioned it)
  • Options
    Jenzup wrote: »

I soooo missed aquariums in 3 I loved how in 2 console anyway you could have an aquarium and grow your own seafood and then harvest it and then use it in recipes. If you used the fish from the aquarium it added a certain effect to your meal would put sims in better moods. The whole cooking thing was surprisingly way more intricate in that console version than either of the computer games that I've played. You could make meals by choosing different ingredients and depending on different ingredients combined you could make different dishes. If you added flour eggs and milk/cheese and veggies/meat you could have pizza, or fruit breads or pies or meat loafs it was very fun and surprisingly intricate for a console game. You could even stumble across a new recipe just by experimenting with different ingredients.

I'd love to combine that with how sims learned more recipes as they advanced in their cooking skill in the computer versions. In that console version you could read the paper, book or watch tv to learn new recipes, can't remember whether or not you could socialize with someone else to learn them or not I know you couldn't go take a class I liked how you could do that i 3 but I think the best way to go is have a variety of ways to improve the cooking skill or any skill for that matter.

I liked the fact you could learn fishing from the tv or even read books about it or learn certain techniques that you could only find at the bookstore. In 3 could your sim instruct other sims in any skill after they maxed their logic? I haven't explored this in 3 (teaching/tutoring other sims I mean I know it can be done but I'm not sure to what extent meaning can you teach all skills or only ones you have maxed out as well as your sims logic skill as I hadn't got to that part yet in 3 I only ever tutored other sims when it was an opportunity in 3 cause it never occurred to me for my sims to do that might twiddle with that now that I've mentioned it)

Wait. WHAT?? Why?! I want that now! Why don't we have that now?!!!

Veruca-Salt.jpg
  • Options

Wait. WHAT?? Why?! I want that now! Why don't we have that now?!!!

Veruca-Salt.jpg

Yeah I know I wish they would have included it in the computer version, I actually was a little surprised when it didn't play that way. I wish they could get whoever worked on that console game to work on the computer game again they had some really neat ideas in that one. That's the one where you could tweak clothing as well (we need more tweak-ability for clothing). For it being a limited console game it wasn't bad playing it I even played it over and over but after a while it's limited ability as a console game caught up to it, to the point I can relive almost every moment of it which is sad but good in a way weird nostalgic way. Those sims couldn't have kids I'm not sure they even had babies (my next sims game was Bustin Out which you could have babies and kids but as soon as they aged up they were sent to school so imagine my surprise and delight when I played Sims 2 computer game and you could play generations of sims not just the single adult it blew my mind) so I like that the computer games have that generational play and for me anyway is what gives it much of its replay factor, well of course cause each generation can be different from the one previous or you can play with several generations all within one family it gives a totally different slant to the stories you can tell than only having all YA.
  • Options
    agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member

@Jenzup

That sounds like so much fun!! I have been playing The Sims since TS1, but never tried the console games... I would love to be able to create new recipes by stumbling upon them. It could be like a minigame in TS4 where you pick 2 to 5 ingredients and then decide the method of preparation (stir fry, bake in oven, broil, slow cooker, stew, saute, fry, deep fry, grill, etc)... depending on your combinations you'd get a yummy dish or a yuckeroni. It would be fun if you could blog about your recipies and if you became famous enough, you'd get your own cooking show! I'm rambling now but, getting your own cooking show (even if it's rabbit hole style) would give your repuation a boost if you have a restaurant or decide to open one.

I LOVE that you can harvest your aquariums for seafood in the console game, that sounds so cool! I would be so happy if we had that in our game...
  • Options
    I kind of want to say my vision for the Sims 4 is basically an improved version of the Sims 2 while keeping the open district feel, but open it up a bit so we can visit neighbors. I also want the humor of TS1 and those NPCs with the CAS and CAST of TS3. I think the Sims 3 did the best of the series of creating ethnically diverse Sims. The Sims 4 just seems like Pleasantville or the Truman Show. It's just so...."suburbian." But CCs do help at least.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    @Jenzup I really liked a lot of your ideas. ESPECIALLY the babysitting idea. I've always wanted my sims to call the grandparents or a close relative or friend to babysit my sims kids if they are available at that time instead of having some random stranger show up. I mean, they can keep the random teen babysitters but at least let us be able to choose close family and friends as well.

And I wish that when we go to hire a babysitter, we could have a list of random teens to choose from so that maybe if we don't like that teen, or one teen costs too much so the parents will go with another teen, along with the available family and friends that could babysit at that time. Things like that. And maybe teens themselves could get a babysitter trait or skill or something for a new type of part-time job and that's another deciding factor of who you choose for a babysitter. And based on how many times they babysit or get favorable reviews from the families they babysit, the more they can charge and the more frequently they'll be wanted. And you could also set one of the teens (if you particularly liked them) as "permanent babysitter" so that anytime you call for a babysitter they always show up (at least until they age-up). I mean there's just so much that can really be done with this. PLEASE I hope that the sims team could at least look into it!

I also wish that there was an option to let sim toddlers, children, and teens stay over their friend's or grandparents, or cousins house for a weekend or something. And then the grandparents would be so happy because their grandchildren would be spending time with them. And maybe the teen would get like a slightly negative or positive moodlet (based off of their traits) about it being a drag to hang out with their grandparents, or loving the fact that they are spending time with their grandparents. This would be an awesome new feature, although I really can't see these being added unless they added an open world...... but I think I'd die of happiness for all these features.
    Post edited by SadieD123 on
  • Options
    I'm surprised this thread died down so quickly since it started with such a bang.

Reiterating an important feature brought up earlier in the thread, I really like the idea of more gradual aging, either by truly day-by-day aging or the addition of a few more life stages like toddler/preschooler, preteen, and middle-age. Although I can accept that the Sims are the same heights in this game, I'd like to request that you not do it again.

This is not exactly 'my' Sims vision, but someone else depicted additional life stages and more gradual aging quite nicely already:

302orjd.jpg
    5kouns.jpg

Another thing that I would like to see developed further in The Sims is the genetics. One of the things that made Sims 2 so popular was the ability to play with genetics and I loved trying to take disparate Sims and see what combinations the game would come up with. The genetic mixing doesn't seem to have advanced much since Sims 2, which disappointed me. I thought that with games like S.P.O.R.E. that really did a lot with 'mixing' there would be more in the game.

Could we get more skin color gradation? Trait blending where they get one from mom, one from dad, and the rest of your choosing? How about supernatural hybrids?
    ngr5md.png

Also, please work harder on squashing the bugs. This is a recurrent problem with the series. I understand it's a big, complicated game with lots of parts played on lots of systems, and debugging isn't as fun as building new stuff. But, I have so many issues in just the base game that it adversely affects enjoyment of the game. So, please don't overlook thorough testing and debugging. It doesn't get mentioned often in a "how can we improve the game?" thread, but this is one of the biggest deterrents for me, so I hope you remain vigilant in this task (especially at squashing them pre-release).
    281x408.png
  • Options
    edited April 2015
  • Options
    Are We Missing an Opportunity?

I get the impression that what we’ve been sold with The Sims 4 base game is a super-beta, early access version of a game that will be completed in 4+ years. It seems like we’ve been given a foundation and are getting the opportunity to both beta test and provide feedback on what the final game will be.
    We’re building a brand new Sims experience with a foundation we can build on and evolve based on your feedback.

I hope that we, as a community, will keep laying out in (picture) detail in threads like this what we want from the game and how we see it developing; providing unique or new visuals that do more than compare this game to others; developing and fleshing out the loose ideas as well as complex or core areas of design; and demonstrating how certain game functions do or don’t fit into our play and even better suggesting how they could be improved (especially if those ideas add a lot of value or gameplay, are simple to execute, and/or cost effective).

It would be really great if we could establish a better player-developer relationship. This thread has already gotten their attention and it has started generating some good ideas from players. I hope to see lots more of this!

#ThisIsMySimsVision -- a great developer-relationship.
  • Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    edited April 2015
    I am glad this thread is getting bumped up!

Here is my Sims vision:

Grandparents to acknowledge babies more. When my niece was born, my mom came to the hospital to see my sister. I just think it would be cute to have automatic visits from grandparents and other extended family members. This is a google images picture FYI.
    218674744_4ef3878e17_z.jpg

A cruise Game Pack:

I would absolutely adore a cruise game pack! I feel like the current vacation option is kind of repetitive and boring. A cruise would spice things up a bit more. You would be able to take family members who aren't in the household with you, a bit like how OR works.
    http://ts3.mm.bing.net/th?id=JN.7AIv/qMLrUk0+O0Aft5NBw&pid=15.1

Better vacations:
    We want skiing vacations for our Sims, sun vacations, beaches, speed boat rides, climbing walls, PROPER hotels, resorts (that aren't glitch like the TS3 IP ones) and things that make us want to go on vacation in real life. The option to take the little ones. At least make the vacations open world, one of my favourite parts of being on vacation is the travelling and driving to new places, if I had to go to a loading screen to get from the hotel to the beach or restaurant, that would ruin the experience.
    FamilyVacation.jpg

I want things to feel decked out. I don't like having the basic version of everything in this game. Maxis, please read this thread! I want family bonding moments for my Sims.

Post edited by JessicaSimston on
  • Options
    Love those ideas, @JessicaSimston. I think it would be great if family automatically came to visit whether they got along or not. Kind of like real life. XD