Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

#ThisIsMySimsVision

Comments

• Options
    peoplespartypeoplesparty Posts: 250 Member
    This is Pretty small but I miss The option in TS2 where when your sim aged up you could also age up their friends. It saves alot of trouble.
    635811694122995745-1577902652_halloweenpumpkinhead.gif

• Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    This is Pretty small but I miss The option in TS2 where when your sim aged up you could also age up their friends. It saves alot of trouble.

You can age someone else with a birthday cake. I didn't pay attention to who was available for aging that way but there's definitely an option in the pie menue for it.
  • Options
    PinkJellyBeansPinkJellyBeans Posts: 219 Member
    Shearsy wrote: »
    mortia wrote: »
    What a great idea for a thread :)

OK, don't kill me but I got a bit sentimental while looking for contributions (I don't have any screenies) and....I may have gotten a lot of pictures :worried: ...hopefully I won't overwhelm the thread, teehee.

I wanted to evoke my hopes and wishes for what I'd like to see from the Sims going forward. While there is a ton of stuff that I would love to have back and I would love to see travel and new worlds and more things to, well, do...I really want to see more focus on the Sims themselves. Hopefully my pictures will speak the thousand words I can't come up with right now.

Dg8vw5t.jpg
    uUYPZ0C.jpg

THIS! This what I want. My vision for the Sims is to really 'play with life'. I don't want weirder stories... I want moments that make me go aww, make me smile... even make me sad.... make me feel like I have accomplished something when guiding my sims through their journey. Giving them a good life, having fun... that is my goal. I don't want reward objects... I don't care for them. I want my Sims to tell me their experiences... I loved it in TS3 when your guests told you they had a good time. I miss those moments... I wish for those moments in TS4. I don't know... it helped me feel more included and that I achieved something.

I'm just going to quote this because it pretty much sums up my vision as well.
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    When "the team" talks about the focus being on "the Sims themselves", I want them to go back to Sims 2 and 3 and PAY attention TO those Sims.... and give that essence back to us.
  • Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    edited April 2015
    TS4 just doesn't reflect "life" for me. It only really reflects the life of an average 20 year old, it reflects specific sorts of lives rather than life in general. I tried to get my Sims to have a picnic. Their oldest son is a child, and their three youngest are triplet girls and they had to stay at home, I can't even have proper family days out in that game. I'd like double and triple strollers, cute baby outfits, Sims 2 baby interactions, going to the hospital when having a baby, although Get To Work added that, I think it'd be cute to stay in the hospital over night.

Some people are saying closed world doesn't matter as the game is about the Sims themselves rather than the world, this is true to an extent, but I like to have my Sims go out at weekends. In TS3 I could go out to the park, the beach, the lake, and maybe have the family go out to a restaurant or see a movie afterwards, I can't do half of those things in TS4, and even if I could, the loading screens just chop the day into pieces, I and many others never have our Sims leave the house any more because we have to face a loading screen. Rabbit holes, they are annoying, but at least we can wait outside for our Sims to come out rather than staring at the fridge at the home lot. And remember I could do all this in the base game ;)
    Post edited by JessicaSimston on
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    TS4 just doesn't reflect "life" for me. It only really reflects the life of an average 20 year old, it reflects specific sorts of lives rather than life in general. I tried to get my Sims to have a picnic. Their oldest son is a child, and their three youngest are triplet girls and they had to stay at home, I can't even have proper family days out in that game. I'd like double and triple strollers, cute baby outfits, Sims 2 baby interactions, going to the hospital when having a baby, although Get To Work added that, I think it'd be cute to stay in the hospital over night.

Some people are saying closed world doesn't matter as the game is about the Sims themselves rather than the world, this is true to an extent, but I like to have my Sims go out at weekends. In TS3 I could go out to the park, the beach, the lake, and maybe have the family go out to a restaurant or see a movie afterwards, I can't do half of those things in TS4, and even if I could, the loading screens just chop the day into pieces, I and many others never have our Sims leave the house any more because we have to face a loading screen. Rabbit holes, they are annoying, but at least we can wait outside for our Sims to come out rather than staring at the fridge at the home lot. And remember I could do all this in the base game ;)
    If anything Sims 3 is more about the sims themselves than Sims 4. And in fact rabbitholes often contribute, not oppose to that.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    edited April 2015
    I will post some later, such a lovely thread. I think this thread just further proves that what us simmers wanted is what we already had, but improved. The Sims 3 (after all the store releases, stuff packs, and expansions) was the closest thing to a life simulator we had. All they had to do was improve the stability and add ONE innovative thing (so we didn't feel like we were buying the same game). Whenever it snows in my sims game I just smile, whenever my sim goes to the beach and meets a mermaid for the first time, I smile.....The Sims 3 (although the bugs were infuriating) were some of the best gameplay hours I ever spent. I love exploring China, Egypt, and France. I love skating and rollerskating in the winter and summer. I loved when the whole world would be covered in snow and then a herd of wild horses would run by. I loved when I would be at University and I would meet the man or woman I was going to spend my life with after graduating. I love when the sun is setting as you are getting married on the beach at your perfect beach wedding.

The Sims 3 allowed us to have things that maybe we couldn't in real life....the sims 4 doesn't do that.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

If anything Sims 3 is more about the sims themselves than Sims 4. And in fact rabbitholes often contribute, not oppose to that.

Very true. That's what I was trying to say in my post...
    Post edited by JessicaSimston on
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I would love open venue restaurants like this again:
    MTS_Margierytka-824869-08.jpg

and be able to see inside the school and cafeterias like this:
    2.jpg

sims3updates_obj_2607_M.jpg
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Schantal wrote: »
    I will post some later, such a lovely thread. I think this thread just further proves that what us simmers wanted is what we already had, but improved. The Sims 3 (after all the store releases, stuff packs, and expansions) was the closest thing to a life simulator we had. All they had to do was improve the stability and add ONE innovative thing (so we didn't feel like we were buying the same game). Whenever it snows in my sims game I just smile, whenever my sim goes to the beach and meets a mermaid for the first time, I smile.....The Sims 3 (although the bugs were infuriating) were some of the best gameplay hours I ever spent. I love exploring China, Egypt, and France. I love skating and rollerskating in the winter and summer. I loved when the whole world would be covered in snow and then a herd of wild horses would run by. I loved when I would be at University and I would meet the man or woman I was going to spend my life with after graduating. I love when the sun is setting as you are getting married on the beach at your perfect beach wedding.

The Sims 3 allowed us to have things that maybe we couldn't in real life....the sims 4 doesn't do that.
    I just... I have to....

giphy.gif
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options

This. My favourite Sims granddaughter got married at the lake next to the waterfall, her grandmother went up to her and hugged her afterwards (I didn't send her to do that, she did it herself), then the granddaughter went into labour at the wedding and gave birth to a beautiful baby girl who is now a toddler and just learned to walk, but sadly the Grandmother died on her Great Granddaughters birthday. My poor Sim still hasn't got over it. In TS4 it would go like this: Sims get married, no one else cares. Sim has baby, no one cares. A death, no one cares, A birthday, no one cares. Sims 4 is more "Self Obsessed Over Emotional People Simulator"
  • Options
    HaidenHaiden Posts: 3,841 Member

Very well posted. I posted a comment afew weeks back saying, that there was something abit "off" in TS4 that I could just not put my finger on, something missing. Your comment is the answer I was looking for :)
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    5kouns.jpg

Justify two age groups, preteen conceptually being a 2 year span and frankly cutting into teen if you're going to envision it that way, and young adult being 4 years long as opposed to 14 years as adult, and 20 years as middle age. Keep in mind that every time you ask for another age group that if they oblige it will be by diverting resources away from something else they're already doing. They aren't going to say "Oh you want more age groups? Well, we will hire 10 more people just to make that happen."

Baby - toddler - child - teen - adult - elder

That's all we need, that's all we've ever needed and I'd rather have 6 better age groups than 8 worse age groups.
  • Options
    DDOAndoraDDOAndora Posts: 245 Member
    We have had art from the base of Sims 1. I had always hoped that at some point they would expand on the ages and personalities on what art had what rating. Teens and some young adults would have a score of 10 on posters. Young kids would have a score of 10 on kiddy prints. It could even break down more, an evil or mean Sim would have a larger score for darker style art, a family or good Sim could get a better score from landscapes and uplifting art.

When they first started talking about art having an impact in Sims 4 I was perked ears. Then it was dashed with disappointment over such superficial treatment.

In Sims 1 an evil Sim would laugh watching horror films. I know that watching horror films does not make one evil, but it was a start at layer personalities. I can see having likes and dislikes for Sims. Not a part of the traits but just likes that can be changed at birthdays if wanted. You could have a family Sim who loves to watch horror films and eat popcorn. A fortune Sim who love romantic comedies. A way for them to react to the world around them and to each other.

I know that not every players like to take the time to build a Sim to play. That is what pre mades are for and other players who like to share. That way the ones who want to just jump in and play can and those who like to build things up could. IMHO its should not just be one type of player who gets to call the shots like in Sims 4.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    Vlaxitov wrote: »
    5kouns.jpg

Justify two age groups, preteen conceptually being a 2 year span and frankly cutting into teen if you're going to envision it that way, and young adult being 4 years long as opposed to 14 years as adult, and 20 years as middle age. Keep in mind that every time you ask for another age group that if they oblige it will be by diverting resources away from something else they're already doing. They aren't going to say "Oh you want more age groups? Well, we will hire 10 more people just to make that happen."

That's all we need, that's all we've ever needed and I'd rather have 6 better age groups than 8 worse age groups.

No justification necessary. This is a dream thread of what you'd like to see in your ideal game, not of what gets cut due to budget constraints.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    5kouns.jpg

I think splitting up adulthood in two (YA and A) was a good thing, because it's the longest period in your life and there's a huge difference between being a 21 years old and a 51 years old. But I do agree we don't really need more.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    HagfisherHagfisher Posts: 950 Member
    5kouns.jpg

Wouldn't mind Preteen, but I could do without it.

I just want toddlers.

And that preteen looks like my brother when he was 14! Woah!
    125722018d2ffda673d70ee3796940a120b51e40.png

• Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    One adult lifestage was more than enough. Two was okay. But three? No no no.

I would prefer if they expanded the younger lifestages as I'm completely sick of adults getting everything.
    Did YAs and Adults really differ in TS3? No, they did not. Maybe adults had some extra moodlet or IDK. I do know that YAs (which were really just college-aged teens) and Adults in TS2 were completely separate, but YAs were completely optional in that game.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    Susiechan wrote: »
    My sims vision ? A sims world and graphic that is stunning and beautiful as this one.
    DA-Inquisition-screenshot-01.jpg

🐸🐸🐸🐸 yes, a fellow DAI fan like me :-).
  • Options
    I prefer having just the 6 lifestages, maybe adding preteens, I think anymore than that would become a drag. I agree with people saying that they should focus on the 5 (6 if you include toddlers) that we have already got rather than churning out uncompleted life stages. I saw a post saying that the Devs made their ideal game rather than the fans ideal game, I can't remeber where I saw the post, but I did. I completely agree.

They wanted an online game, they can have their super fancy online game, but how dare they try and dump it on the Sims series?! Then they start worrying about money, so they make it offline and try and make it decent enough for people to buy, they don't bother creating a new engine that will make an open world version of TS2. They made it acceptable enough to get about half of fans to buy, so the game is simply "acceptable" and nothing special. The engine itself is terrible. It's like fixing and old, battered car engine, you can keep patching it up and getting new parts for it to make it useable, but because the base of the engine is terrible, there is only so much you can do, you can't replace the base of the engine unless you want a new engine altogether, and one day the original base will break, then you have to get a new one. EA keep trying to patch up Sims 4 to make it better, but they can't replace the original base game, only use DLC to keep patching it up. It's more trouble than its worth.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I prefer having just the 6 lifestages, maybe adding preteens, I think anymore than that would become a drag. I agree with people saying that they should focus on the 5 (6 if you include toddlers) that we have already got rather than churning out uncompleted life stages. I saw a post saying that the Devs made their ideal game rather than the fans ideal game, I can't remember where I saw the post, but I did. I completely agree.
    I think I mentioned that somewhere. XD But yes it seems like a fame that fits Gurus preferences rather than the majority of Simmers It was after talking to one of the Gurus that I started to wonder about it.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    edited April 2015
    5kouns.jpg

this is only what you want or need others peoples no remember the game not was made just for you.
    that is when i really strong don't agree with you an say "you really dont want a life simulation you just want a game by personal vision about what you want have or not, because if you true want a good life simulation you must ask for pre-teens too, that is a important life as child or toddlers, because is on that age where the "fun" start, where the rebelious start, where for alduts have trouble with the kids and kids start to want "more".

as i told i'm looking for a "life simulation" who try to really give-me what he was supposed to give, try to explore all life aspects and for me more is better as long we get quality, just because ea police is "give more with less quality don't means which we can't ask for more and quality, is maxis which must learn to give what the fans want and not the fans must accept what they are trying to give, the person which want to sell the things is the one which must impress the consumer with something really good or just some lies and makups not opposite.

i really don't like that idea of "i dont want it" then none must have it is just being pure selfishness.

what could be better and more perfect a grow system where the sim grow and each time he reach a important life stage he get things related to that age and a mark saying which he is on age x where bla bla bla, until that age pass then get new things and bla bla bla, that could be perfect.
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited April 2015
    Schweighsr wrote: »
    As I said elsewhere, I feel as if EA gave my play-style the finger with TS4. I can't understand their hubris - all the talk about their 'vision' and how we should change the way we play to adapt to the game - it mystifies me. Okay, you worked hard to produce a game (I guess they worked hard on it, I don't see proof of that, but I guess they must have from the way they are acting), but the consumers do not *owe* EAxis anything. We aren't obligated to buy the game unless it will be fun for us, as individuals, to play. If TS4 doesn't sell it is because EAxis didn't hold up their end of the consumer bargain.

I can not believe that they censored the name "E A xis", but they did. I wonder if the word 'vases' is still censored (it's the name for a container that holds flowers) like it was on the old Forum. EA is weird.

edit: borked my own quote!
  • Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    Babies born randomly with or without hair. Not all babies are born bald.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    edited April 2015
    Sims4 babys i can say 1 we need some baby hair like this cc haior made for sims2 babys and 2 we need the option to go in create a sims and chose the infant sim (baby) is or her outfit as well as the option to carry the infant sim baby with us if the mom needs to go somewhere Lol

v76og2.jpg edit the baby hair for sims 2 is downlaodable on the insim sims2 sims3 sims4 site as cc hair
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(