Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4, what a rip off.

Comments

• Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    SadieD123 wrote: »
    For the most part, I definitely have to agree with the OP.

I mean just looking at it, going from The Sims to Sims 2 I was super excited. Like, holy c.rap! We get a new life stage?! Heck yeah! Oh, people actually age now! Yes! Better graphics? Love it! Babies I can actually do things with? HERE! Take my money! Take it! I mean there was just so much improvement that I was eager to give my money to the game before it ever came out.

Then, going from Sims 2 to Sims 3.... I was like completely mind blown. I mean seriously, does NOBODY remember seeing this trailer/commercial at all for Sims 3?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSVJ_usOjzo
    I..... flipped....... (umm) c.rap.

But no really. I was absolutely blown away! I mean it was like. You mean to tell me I can actually go places WITHOUT a loading screen now?! YES! Another added life stage in the base game? PLEASE! I can decorate pretty much anything and everything the exact way that I want it?! Sign me up! The sims in the world that I don't play actually are able to grow up and live their lives in the world and start families and have jobs and have actual lives? TAKE..... MY...... MONEY!

But then..... we get to Sims 4. When it was first announced I was like yes! A new Sims game! But then as more things about the game started to come to light I was like, "they have to be punking us. There is no way, this is the sims 4." I mean at first it was like: Emotions, they are the BRAND NEW, SUPER COOL new feature! And I was like "Oh... okay.... that's..... that's cool, I guess. What else?." And then "Now your sims can multitask!" Me: "Oh cool. That's nice." Then it just kept happening.....

EA: Oh did we mention that there are now loading screens between every single lot?
    Me: Is that supposed to be good?
    EA: And now townie families just grow old and die! You never have to worry about them getting married, or getting jobs, or even having those pesky babies ever again!
    Me: Ummm..... what?
    EA: Oh, and speaking of babies! You never have to worry about taking them anywhere because they are now permanently confined to their crib! It's amazing!
    Me:....... I think we have different definitions of amazing......
    EA: Not to mention we have now completely gotten rid of the toddler life stage instead of adding any new life stage to the game!
    Me: And I'm supposed to buy this game....... why?......

As a base game, I just didn't see too many positives coming out of Sims 4 as a base game and I was not about to shell out $70 for a base game that is supposed to technically be a complete package so that you don't have to buy any EP's. But honestly, I feel like with Sims 4 the EP's and GP's aren't really an option. You kind of have to buy them in order to get the FULL experience of this game.

3q7rym.jpg

What an excellent explanation of how many have seen the progression (now regression) of TheSims series over the last 15 years!

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    ASDF0716 wrote: »
    After fifteen years, they know what they are doing. The problem is that we keep letting them do it. By their own admission, people readily admit: "I'll buy anything Sims."

But....at some point people CAN say "enough and no more!". For me, that point has come.

I bought the base game but did NOT buy the gamepack and I will NOT buy the expansion pack.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    @SadieD123 I remember that trailer and how excited I was for the game. I even pre-ordered the collectors edition, something I have never done for any other game, ever. I couldn't wait to play it.
    I also didn't think what was on offer for Sims 4 was any different than previous iterations, or any more exciting. To me everything just looked worse. To the point where I didn't bother buying. There is nothing in the game that could justify the $80 price tag.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    Darkslayer wrote: »

I'm surprised how many people are forgetting how lacklustre TS3 was as a base game, unless it was only me who felt this way? I don't think TS3 could stand on it's own with just the base game alone and I seem to remember there were a lot of people who were disappointed by how "empty" the game felt after coming off TS2.

I agree. TS3 base game was very boring, imo.

I disagree. I was super excited for all the new options an open world provided. I was having a blast using and discovering the "new" way to play. And cas was another bonus. For me TS1 ts2 AND ts3 WERE ALL awesome stand alone games. TS4, not even close. I agree with the OP. I feel ripped off. The major marketing point for the game more intuitive sims and "new" emotions is a joke. The sims emotions are only surface emotions and are not based on the traits of your sim, but are a one size fits all. And intuitive. Please lets not go into the fact that they must have blinders on as they do not react much if at all, to the environment around them. The game play is restricted and boring, the world is minute and the lack of community lots is ridiculous. And just think if they had not offered the 12(?) patches with content.

So yes OP, i feel ripped off and will not invest in TS4 unless the do a lot of "patching" and make this a game worth the 60 dollars that it cost to start with.

kim

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    kwakeham87 wrote: »
    After excitedly waiting for the Sims 4, expecting an amazing new version of the Sims 3, I have to say, I was so disappointed. After a few times playing the new game, it felt like the game was taken in a different direction. The same feeling that I got from the Sims 3 is just not there anymore, especially since the open world map is gone. It feels all claustrophobic again. The graphics are awesome and the ease of building houses and the multitasking for Sims is awesome, but there's a lot of that old feel play gone. And so many glitches! And not to mention taking things that make it feel like real life ,out. Who takes the toddler stage of aging out? Why make it so you can't even carry a baby around anymore and don't bother making a baby's room because there is no baby stuff. Where did create-a-style go? Why is there no dishwasher, washer and dryer? I understand that it's probably coming in future expansion packs, but it feels like they started with too little for the Sims 4 base game. Why can't you select who owns the beds? Super unrealistic careers? No locking doors anymore? Are there even burglars anymore? No repair man? The tiny one dimensional main map with two crappy towns and hardly anything to do there? Even the towns in the Sims 1 were bigger! I understand that there were too many glitches in the Sims 3 and there were very few Sims that would even show up in the town because of loading issues, but going back to the closed up world again feels like a step backwards. I am a big Sims fan and have been playing it obsessively since the first one and every time there was a new version made, there was always more good added then bad. This time, it feels like they made a mistake and it's so disappointing. I still have faith that the new expansions and patches will make this game more playable, but as for now, I'm going back to the Sims 3 where I can enjoy a real Sims game. XO

Truth.gif[img][/img]
    giphy.gif

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I have noticed the price increases between each of the base games. Sims 1 base was $20, Sims 2 base was $30, Sims 3 base was $40, Sims 4 base is $60 and $10 more for the deluxe. So that's a $20 to $30 price jump. For that price increase, you would think that the quality of the game would be overall better and improved upon. But nope, it went "back to the roots" as the Gurus state it. Plus it's odd that Sims 4 isn't always sold in physical copies in stores and requires origin to be running while the game is playing. I remember the Sims 2 had a paper game guide for each base and EP. It was lovely. I guess the biggest question is, "Is the $20 to $30 price increase" worth it. To some it is, to others it isn't. It's a personal choice every Simmer has to make in how much they are willing to spend to get a game that fits their play styles.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    nilaniusnilanius Posts: 1,984 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    The game is really Sims 2.5, it is a revision of Sims 2 with all the caffeine taken out and a lot of fluff no punch.

uh no. Sims 4 has no place even pretending to be related to sims 2. Sims 2 base game, came with far far more features than this piece of garbage game, and was a hell of a lot more stable with very few bugs. Hell this game can't even be called a sims 1 reboot. Even Sims 1 sims had better AI. No, Sims 4 is just pure garbage, that has a sims logo. Nothing more.
    Jimil wrote: »
    Right? Wonder what happens after they abandon this game since it didn't capture enough customers to continue funding for more future content. I can feel that this game is going to end up like Medieval.

You guys think toddlers will solve everything? lol please. They've completely forgotten that this game even exist. Blockbuster games are beginning to be released. Soon this game will be irrelevant to this new generation of gaming - it probably is now.

Yeah, that's why they're bringing out an expansion pack in just over a month.
    Better start counting how many EPs can they even make for this game. Or it will soon extinct.

Well clearly at this point we don't know do we? It could go like TS3 and have a lot of releases over the span of 5 years or it could go the way of Sim City.

You don't have the answers any more than I do.
    No I suppose not. Though chances are, it's very thin that it could be successful as TS3. You see, that game, alone, budgeted 3 separate Sims projects - Medieval, Sims 4, and Simcity. And with enough funding to provide more EPs than its predecessors along with its own Store feature. Y'all better start pouring all your money for the game if you want it to thrive lol

I haven't looked at sales figures nor am I that interested in doing so. It wouldn't surprise me to hear TS4 hasn't done as well as TS3 did over the same time period partially because the franchise as a whole is getting very watered down at this point and partially because the game did leave a lot to be desired for people who had greater expectations but EA are patching this game on a fairly regular basis (by EA standards that is) and we've already had a small game pack release and we're getting an expansion pack very soon.

I think it's a little early yet to say TS4 is dead in the water, forgotten by the development team and all but abandoned.

If the content remains as consistently good as I think it is then yeah, I'll keep spending my money. If EA drop the ball for me then I'll be bowing out of another sims franchise. I won't however take pleasure in it's failure - I'll be disappointed and sad.

Good luck finding sales numbers. EA is keeping tight lipped unlike with previous sims releases. I think even they are ashamed.

I mean just looking at it, going from The Sims to Sims 2 I was super excited. Like, holy c.rap! We get a new life stage?! Heck yeah! Oh, people actually age now! Yes! Better graphics? Love it! Babies I can actually do things with? HERE! Take my money! Take it! I mean there was just so much improvement that I was eager to give my money to the game before it ever came out.

Then, going from Sims 2 to Sims 3.... I was like completely mind blown. I mean seriously, does NOBODY remember seeing this trailer/commercial at all for Sims 3?

But no really. I was absolutely blown away! I mean it was like. You mean to tell me I can actually go places WITHOUT a loading screen now?! YES! Another added life stage in the base game? PLEASE! I can decorate pretty much anything and everything the exact way that I want it?! Sign me up! The sims in the world that I don't play actually are able to grow up and live their lives in the world and start families and have jobs and have actual lives? TAKE..... MY...... MONEY!

But then..... we get to Sims 4. When it was first announced I was like yes! A new Sims game! But then as more things about the game started to come to light I was like, "they have to be punking us. There is no way, this is the sims 4." I mean at first it was like: Emotions, they are the BRAND NEW, SUPER COOL new feature! And I was like "Oh... okay.... that's..... that's cool, I guess. What else?." And then "Now your sims can multitask!" Me: "Oh cool. That's nice." Then it just kept happening.....

EA: Oh did we mention that there are now loading screens between every single lot?
    EA: And now townie families just grow old and die! You never have to worry about them getting married, or getting jobs, or even having those pesky babies ever again!
    EA: Oh, and speaking of babies! You never have to worry about taking them anywhere because they are now permanently confined to their crib! It's amazing!
    EA: Not to mention we have now completely gotten rid of the toddler life stage instead of adding any new life stage to the game!

As a base game, I just didn't see too many positives coming out of Sims 4 as a base game and I was not about to shell out $70 for a base game that is supposed to technically be a complete package so that you don't have to buy any EP's. But honestly, I feel like with Sims 4 the EP's and GP's aren't really an option. You kind of have to buy them in order to get the FULL experience of this game.

Pretty much. They regressed so much it is far beyond Sims 1. This is more like Sims 0, before the series actually came out and was good. Families in Sims 4 don't even have stories. Sims 1 sims families had little biographies and stories. I just can't believe they sold us this with a straight face.
    Scobre wrote: »
    You aren't alone in your feelings towards the Sims 4. It took me about a month to go from kind of liking it to finding flaws with the game. I've just learned from my experience with the Sims 3, adding more EPs won't fix the core game. I have a feeling modders will need to come to the rescue again.

Unfortunately, modders can't fix this game. They can fix a few bugs. But at it's core, too much is missing, and the engine is too limiting to do anything with. It's better to take the game out back to the chopping block really.
    Zolt65 wrote: »
    After fifteen years, they know what they are doing. The problem is that we keep letting them do it. By their own admission, people readily admit: "I'll buy anything Sims."

But....at some point people CAN say "enough and no more!". For me, that point has come.

I bought the base game but did NOT buy the gamepack and I will NOT buy the expansion pack.

Same. I have said enough is enough. I vow never to buy anything related to Sims 4. I wasted $70 already. I am not going to waste no more.

tumblr_static_plumbob.gif
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • Options
    LenoreLoveLenoreLove Posts: 72 Member
    I think, well it is in my humble opinion. on the other hand, oh zitilfort forget I even started to say anything.
    The necessity of procuring good intelligence is apparent and need not be further urged.
  • Options
    nilanius wrote: »
    Unfortunately, modders can't fix this game. They can fix a few bugs. But at it's core, too much is missing, and the engine is too limiting to do anything with. It's better to take the game out back to the chopping block really.
    I don't think it's a matter of not being able to fix the game, more that they don't think the game is worth fixing like the Sims 3. But yes I agree there is a limit in what they can fix. Like UI can be challenging to fix and putting an entire life span like toddlers into the game and creating a CAW for the game. There is just too much to mod into the game. I have found mods to help with things like eyelashes, reducing some linear gameplay, and making my Sims Autonomous actions smarter. EA's idea of adding more EPs and GPs while ignoring core features and glitches I think is going to hurt them again like it did with the Sims 3. It's like how are we supposed to trust their products after that?

Only Sales figures I found were in this article so far:
    jbgnews.com/2015/01/sims-4-sales-figures-pale-in-comparison-to-sims-3/144709.html
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    EA's idea of adding more EPs and GPs while ignoring core features and glitches I think is going to hurt them again like it did with the Sims 3. It's like how are we supposed to trust their products after that?

I don't and I won't!!

kim :\
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    SelenaGrey wrote: »
    I like to play it once in a while but I can't seem to stick to a single game save. I think the idea of starting a new sim is fun and exciting but once I get in game I run out of things to do fairly quickly.

I love to build, and I appreciate the new build tools but the color options are SO limited that each house and room looks like the last one.

I wish I got this game on sale. It is not worth what I paid for it. I'm also upset because I feel myself wanting to buy the expansion because my sims are starved for something to do. I know that was EAs plan all along. :(

That's where I am.

I had my doubts about the game from the beginning, but I wanted to try it out and see what it was really like. I figured I would just play the base game until 3-4 EPs come out and then I will decided if I want to buy into the whole series.

Unfortunately the combination of no toddlers and young adult teens really killed family play for me. I always have my YAs settle down and have kids and then continue on with the kids life cycle. So that's out and I am bored with careers and the few community lots. I feel like I will need the game pack and first EP just to continue playing. But I still have the toddler and teen issue.

I am tempted, but there is no point of me buying anything until toddlers are back.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    Its like this....

Sims2 is the first date

the Sims3 is the second date

Sims4 is the last date :s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYQ15sKu4uE&feature=youtu.be&t=12m10s

(TO START PLAY, GO TO 12:10 )

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    nilanius wrote: »
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    The game is really Sims 2.5, it is a revision of Sims 2 with all the caffeine taken out and a lot of fluff no punch.

uh no. Sims 4 has no place even pretending to be related to sims 2. Sims 2 base game, came with far far more features than this piece of garbage game, and was a hell of a lot more stable with very few bugs. Hell this game can't even be called a sims 1 reboot. Even Sims 1 sims had better AI. No, Sims 4 is just pure garbage, that has a sims logo. Nothing more.
    Right? Wonder what happens after they abandon this game since it didn't capture enough customers to continue funding for more future content. I can feel that this game is going to end up like Medieval.

You guys think toddlers will solve everything? lol please. They've completely forgotten that this game even exist. Blockbuster games are beginning to be released. Soon this game will be irrelevant to this new generation of gaming - it probably is now.

Yeah, that's why they're bringing out an expansion pack in just over a month.
    Better start counting how many EPs can they even make for this game. Or it will soon extinct.

Well clearly at this point we don't know do we? It could go like TS3 and have a lot of releases over the span of 5 years or it could go the way of Sim City.

You don't have the answers any more than I do.
    No I suppose not. Though chances are, it's very thin that it could be successful as TS3. You see, that game, alone, budgeted 3 separate Sims projects - Medieval, Sims 4, and Simcity. And with enough funding to provide more EPs than its predecessors along with its own Store feature. Y'all better start pouring all your money for the game if you want it to thrive lol

I haven't looked at sales figures nor am I that interested in doing so. It wouldn't surprise me to hear TS4 hasn't done as well as TS3 did over the same time period partially because the franchise as a whole is getting very watered down at this point and partially because the game did leave a lot to be desired for people who had greater expectations but EA are patching this game on a fairly regular basis (by EA standards that is) and we've already had a small game pack release and we're getting an expansion pack very soon.

I think it's a little early yet to say TS4 is dead in the water, forgotten by the development team and all but abandoned.

If the content remains as consistently good as I think it is then yeah, I'll keep spending my money. If EA drop the ball for me then I'll be bowing out of another sims franchise. I won't however take pleasure in it's failure - I'll be disappointed and sad.

Good luck finding sales numbers. EA is keeping tight lipped unlike with previous sims releases. I think even they are ashamed.

Pretty much. They regressed so much it is far beyond Sims 1. This is more like Sims 0, before the series actually came out and was good. Families in Sims 4 don't even have stories. Sims 1 sims families had little biographies and stories. I just can't believe they sold us this with a straight face.
    You aren't alone in your feelings towards the Sims 4. It took me about a month to go from kind of liking it to finding flaws with the game. I've just learned from my experience with the Sims 3, adding more EPs won't fix the core game. I have a feeling modders will need to come to the rescue again.

Same. I have said enough is enough. I vow never to buy anything related to Sims 4. I wasted $70 already. I am not going to waste no more.
    You got me, Haha. :D
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    kwakeham87kwakeham87 Posts: 5 New Member
    > @Sigzy05 said:
    > kwakeham87 wrote: »
    >
    >
    > The sims 1 base game town was not bigger.
    >
    > Washers and dryers came in an Expansion for TS3.
    >
    > TS3 has more glitches than the Sims 4 from what I've seen.
    >
    > TS4 feels more like real life than TS3, in TS4 you can even take pregancy tests.
    >
    > The unrealistic careers I can agree for the most part BUT, doctor, police and scientist careers are coming in GTW as active careers which I prefer this way, with the respective workplaces.
    >
    > They have been puitting missing content that we so need in patches like they did with ghosts, pools, 2 new careers (business and atlhetic) and the family trees., here is hope for toddlers, basements (which didn't came with TS3 base game either) and locking doors in future patches.
    >
    > And last, everyone as their own opinion, I'm sorry you are disapointed, I like the game much much more than TS3.

I meant the town in Sims 1, not the base game. Don't know why I said that. I meant you had more than two or three open pieces of land to build on. And the appliances...makes me so mad. Haven't they always had a dishwasher for the base game? Why take it out of the Sims 4 base game? Just so they can stick the stuff we miss into expensive expansion packs for us later. I honestly find there's more glitches in Sims 4 than the Sims 3. My sims couldn't even clean dishes up in the new one. Oh but luckily they made it so the player could drag the dishes into the sink and do them for the sims. LOL. Too funny. And I do agree with new emotion feature, which is pretty neat. And it's so much easier to interact with the multi tasking feature. They really improved on the interactions between Sims, they improved on the ease of creating houses (without a few awesome old features), the graphics are amazing and the Sims look spectacular, but they removed the "real" feeling you got from the game. They tried to make the Sims even easier, which takes a lot of the challenge out of it. So many games do this these days and I find it extremely annoying. Little things like not being able to carry a baby around, not being able to lock the doors, not being able to change the baby on a changing table, not getting robbed and getting a fight with the burglar, not being able to water your houseplants, not getting calls from Grandma with some money for her grandkids and so much more. Haha. Oh my, I never realized how much I missed the old Sims games.
  • Options
    kwakeham87kwakeham87 Posts: 5 New Member
    > @nilanius said:
    > Piperbird1 wrote: »

>
    > 100% agreed. You know what's sad. Sims 1 base game, it didn't need expansions to be fun. I was playing it for several months on end non-stop when I finally did get an expansion it only added extras to the already immensely fun game. Sims 2 was fun by itself, and lasted me an incredibly long time before I added to it. Sims 3 was fun for many many months.
    >
    > Games should be immensely fun as a base game, and can be fun with no expansions. Expansions should not be a crutch to make a game fun. Ever. TS4 is the only game in history that people say "It will be fun after a few expensions". Seriously? If a game is already crap, then all an expansion will do is add sparkles to the crap, but it will still be crap. I've had plenty of games that were fun without expansions. Warcraft 2 was crazy fun before its expansion. Starcraft was a huge success before it got an expansions. More recent titles? FFXIV after a realm reborn, it's got close to 3 million players now, and this year an expansion is due out. This game kept me hooked for a full year. I've only taken 1 month off of the game in all this time.
    >
    > Bottom line: Games should never rely on expansions as a crutch. They should stand on their own. They should be immensely fun on their own. Previous sims titles stood on their own as base games without expansions. Sims 4 cannot stand on its own two feet. It is not a fun game. If I could return my copy for a full refund, I would. That is money I could actually use for something else. I was ripped off $70 I cannot get back. And that angers me to no end.

"Games should never rely on expansions as a crutch". I do agree with that, but I also understand that the Sims has always been an expansion pack adder- type of game. They should crank it down on the expansions though. It would be cool to have a full game, and if you wanna add "The Stuff" packages like in the old ones for extra furniture and stuff. And maybe some of the "weirder" expansions like magic and fantasy type things, but the game should much more packed with stuff then it is right now. Same goes for the base games for the TS1, 2, 3

• Options
    blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    Yeah, it has always been an expansion platform, but for me, they still felt like "enough" without expansions... until 4. I was excited for more content for 2 and 3, of course, but it was a perk, a curiosity... not necessary to keep my attention because the base game got boring after ten minutes.
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    edited February 2015
    I have noticed the price increases between each of the base games. Sims 1 base was $20, Sims 2 base was $30, Sims 3 base was $40, Sims 4 base is $60 and $10 more for the deluxe.

An ounce of gold was under 300 dollars in 2000.

An ounce of gold is like 1200 dollars today.

• Options
    Vlaxitov wrote: »
    I have noticed the price increases between each of the base games. Sims 1 base was $20, Sims 2 base was $30, Sims 3 base was $40, Sims 4 base is $60 and $10 more for the deluxe.

Gold may be a bad example :p but basic rate of inflation would dictate that an increase of 10 bucks for each successive base game every 5-6 years isn't that unexpected. But Sims4 is way overpriced I confess, especially for what is so lacking in it.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options

Gold may be a bad example :p but basic rate of inflation would dictate that an increase of 10 bucks for each successive base game every 5-6 years isn't that unexpected. But Sims4 is way overpriced I confess, especially for what is so lacking in it.

The rate of inflation has been far from "basic" over the last 15 years.

TS4 isn't "way overpriced" IMHO, its right in line with most other AAA games today.

You could only really argue that we didn't get AAA quality this time around.
  • Options

giphy.gif

Oh yes...that's for sure!

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options

TS4 isn't "way overpriced" IMHO, its right in line with most other AAA games today.

And if TS4 had been a AAA game, we would not even be questioning the price.

Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    I'll take it one step further and say had TS4 been like mind blowing they could have almost gotten away with naming their price.

• Options
    I'll take it one step further and say had TS4 been like mind blowing they could have almost gotten away with naming their price.

Bingo. I know with TS2 and TS3 taking the game the next step each time I would have paid a lot more. As it is now with TS4, well I guess you could say I feel "ripped off"

Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    Proteus42Proteus42 Posts: 891 Member
    edited February 2015

Well, I just put in 25 € (which IIRC was the price for boxed expansions for Sims 1 in Brick & Mortar stores, when Sims 1 was the current Sims) for the year 2001 into this website, which calculates the value today, according to the inflation of the Euro:

http://fxtop.com/en/inflation-calculator.php?A=25&C1=EUR&INDICE=EUCPI2005&DD1=31&MM1=01&YYYY1=2001&DD2=24&MM2=02&YYYY2=2015&btnOK=Compute+actual+value

According to this, the price for a boxed expansion for Sims 4 should be 33 €, if it were for inflation alone ... not 40 € (which is the current price for the "Get to Work"-Expansion on Amazon (I guess it is the boxed version))
  • Options
    edited February 2015

LOL demand for gold is much higher than the Sims games. Sorry I find that extremely funny especially after taking economics in college.