Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4, what a rip off.

123457...Next

Comments

• Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited June 2015
    Shaobun wrote: »
    @Writin_Reg I think it looks better on my computer too. I just don't see the point in posting an image that's obviously full of cc, using a pose pack and a filter to change so much when you are talking about "what you see" when you look out a window. Aside from what I see being different/better in TS3, what I see in TS4 are mostly also places I can visit. If the road was replaced by a river I could cross it just like in TS3, I would just hit a loading screen if I wanted to access a lot on the other side. I think the loss of open world is a tragedy, and the tiny worlds are pitiful. I just don't think this image was the best way (or an accurate way) of portraying that.

If you're focusing on the CC in that picture, you're completely misunderstanding the point. My point has nothing to do with appearance, but rather functionality.

The fact stands that TS4's worlds are a step down from TS3's. They have very limited and restrictive boundaries, and yes, loading screens for each and every lot, while you may or may not mind it, is a step backwards in direction. They're no longer seamless.

Here's a picture of a photo of completely vanilla Sims, if that floats your boat.

sims-3-sunlit-tides-10l.jpg

Those Sims can travel on that ocean, travel to that island across it (maybe set up camp there too!), and I have this control without incurring a loading screen. Sure, TS3 has its issues, but using that excuse to justify TS4's backwards design is unacceptable. It's a sequel -- it should be improving upon what is there. That's what I'm trying to get at.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2015
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    @Writin_Reg I think it looks better on my computer too. I just don't see the point in posting an image that's obviously full of cc, using a pose pack and a filter to change so much when you are talking about "what you see" when you look out a window. Aside from what I see being different/better in TS3, what I see in TS4 are mostly also places I can visit. If the road was replaced by a river I could cross it just like in TS3, I would just hit a loading screen if I wanted to access a lot on the other side. I think the loss of open world is a tragedy, and the tiny worlds are pitiful. I just don't think this image was the best way (or an accurate way) of portraying that.

If you're focusing on the CC in that picture, you're completely misunderstanding the point. My point has nothing to do with appearance, but rather functionality.

The fact stands that TS4's worlds are a step down from TS3's. They have very limited and restrictive boundaries, and yes, loading screens for each and every lot, while you may or may not mind it, is a step backwards in direction. They're no longer seamless.

Here's a picture of a photo of completely vanilla Sims, if that floats your boat.

Those Sims can travel on that ocean, travel to that island across it (maybe set up camp there too!), and I have this control without incurring a loading screen. Sure, TS3 has its issues, but using that excuse to justify TS4's backwards design is unacceptable. It's a sequel -- it should be improving upon what is there. That's what I'm trying to get at.

Yes and to also be fair I have a brand spanking new just rebuild pc - just rebuilt a week ago. What are you using for a video card though. Also if you notice i am also playing Sims 3.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited June 2015
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Yes and to also be fair I have a brand spanking new just rebuild pc - just rebuilt a week ago. What are you using for a video card though.

Oh, I got that image off of Google. My video card is an MSi GTX 970 though.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Yes and to also be fair I have a brand spanking new just rebuild pc - just rebuilt a week ago. What are you using for a video card though.

Oh, I got that image off of Google. My video card is an MSi GTX 970 though.

Oh. Okay. Then those weren't from your game. That explains it.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    The open world was the subject and there's nothing cc about that.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Unfortunately Sims 4 map will not take the open world besides the fact it has no real roads. It's a teleport world just like Sims 1. But at least Sims 1 had roads so we were able to add coding to add new residental lots along the roads. Sims 4 doesn't so even that seems impossible.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    seVenpeaceloVeseVenpeaceloVe Posts: 501 Member
    video card schmideo card. even if that picture was pixelated the point being made is: you could swim across that ocean, walk out of the water, totally explore the island, and come back and get into that same pose you see in the picture with NO loading screens.

i have sims 3 and enjoy playing it but it lags terribly on my laptop so i roll with sims 2 ultimate. sims 2 is also my preference from the 4 choices and where i create the lot of my machinima.
    free the sims!
    http://youtu.be/Bj7wOfUwHlo <<sims 2 dane cook creepy work guy. hilarious!
  • Options
    simladysimlady Posts: 25 New Member
    The sims 4 seems to have many glitches, plus I miss pets. I keep telling my sims to do things, like cook and they go do something else. Build mode is difficult to use. My female sim just grabbed cereal out of the fridge, but the fridge is behind her !!! So hence, she grabbed cereal out of thin air. I wonder if I olay the same game but on Sims 3 instead if it will run better.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Yep i love Sims 2 also but in my case i love how the sims act, the memory system works, and all the tons of little things. I don't get lag though in Sims 3 and enjoy it as well - I love the IP and ITF eps especially. I was actually playing Sims 2 when my friend had his CAW world ready for testing - so I am playing Sims 3 right now and testing his world.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    edited December 2015
    6 months later and I still feel the same...
    Sims 4, what a rip off.
    May this thread thrive while this opinion is still so prevalent in the hearts of many.
    **ETA English is hard.
  • Options
    CandyCadetCandyCadet Posts: 517 Member
    kwakeham87 wrote: »
    I'm going back to the Sims 3 where I can enjoy a real Sims game. XO
    tumblr_inline_n52aaeL9Fe1rncncx.gif
  • Options
    HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    After excitedly waiting for the Sims 4, expecting an amazing new version of the Sims 3

LoL, stopped reading here.

To make it short: I feel the opposite. TS4 is the best game in its franchise.
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    Lisheychix106Lisheychix106 Posts: 5 New Member
    reasons to hat sims 4

1.everythings limeted

2.no toddlers

3.loads too long

4.l;ots are too small.

5.takes kids away for the dumbest on no reason(s)

6.need go down really quiicklyy.

7.not enough options.

8.ripoffs.

9.stupid old origins.

10.no cars and bikes.

11.removed the most important things.

12.prices arent realistic.

13.we cant add our own options,traits and how much traits we want.

• Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited June 2016
    HalloMolli wrote: »
    After excitedly waiting for the Sims 4, expecting an amazing new version of the Sims 3

LoL, stopped reading here.

To make it short: I feel the opposite. TS4 is the best game in its franchise.

OMG :hushed:

The best in the franchise lol!

The sims 2 out shines the sims 4 me In

Life stages
    Family play the way it should have been in TS4
    Careers
    The body shop
    CC
    Content in build/buy
    Create a sim content
    Cut scenes
    Memories and stories

Overall gameplay,animations and game control options

The sims4

Let's see

Emotions
    Multitasking
    Limited buy mode
    Limited CAS
    Childish humour

Agree to disagree :dizzy:

The sims 4 don't really reserve's to be part of the main franchise!

Its great but in small places.
    Its like a updated freeplay in the base game at first.

I remember simmers defending this game about how its different and a whole new game!

I agree with them it is its own game but added as a main game it having a 4 at the end meaning a sequel not it's own game.

Sequel's normally improve more than the one before in the sims game

2 being a huge update after 1
    3 a big update in parts than 2
    4 .
    Post edited by marcel21 on
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon