Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4, what a rip off.

Comments

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited April 2015
    Vlaxitov wrote: »

Sorry I find the college economics comment funny when you can't understand what I'm saying in regards to gold.

I'm not comparing TS4 to gold... I'm saying that things aren't "getting expensive," your money is getting cheap.
    Yeah I don't understand it. I do know US inflation is bad, but it's not always the case with other countries. Just because inflation is bad doesn't justify prices on products. There is a point in which the price can be too high that people won't buy a product. I do think the Sims 4 does need to decrease in price or at least have more sales to make people want to buy it more. I see a lot of comments, "I'll buy the game or expansion when it is 1/2 off." The game just isn't worth the $60-$80 price tag for what little it offers compared to past games or even games that were released last year as well like Dragon Age: Inquisition. If a game isn't fun enough to entice people to buy it, they aren't going to pay $40+ for any game. Brand name won't save every game. Poor international Simmers pay a lot more money for the Sims games than I do. :(
    Post edited by Scobre on
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    In terms of lack of content I'd say Family Activities the most.
    I understand we can't have open world anymore. I've accepted that. But I find it hard to swallow that since we are pretty much bound to home that there isn't family activities our Sim families can do with one another. I only found two things that parents can interactively do with their children to count as family time. Help with homework and read to them.
    203xoj.png
    (This example is great but we need more interactions with family)
  • Options
    AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    I think that TS3 fans have a hard time being fan of TS4 because it plays much more like TS2 did. I liked TS2 and disliked TS3. It doesn't necessarily mean that TS3 was a game to just absolutely despise and put down. I just didn't like it. I think that diehard sims fans expect to like and love every single game and I honestly think that is impossible.

I like TS4. I wish it had toddlers and dishwashers. I don't think that makes me a tool or a "fanboy" it just means that I like the game. If you're disappointed in the game, fine. That's okay. We're all different. I'd be careful though in making those that like TS4 feeling like they have to share the same opinion or that they're sheep just because they like the game.

If I were a sheep then I'd like every single sims game out there. So far I've liked TS2 and TS4. I didn't like 1 and 3.

Not really i actually love ts2 and still dislike ts4. Doesn't feel the same at all when played. I don't feel the depth of emotions, the fleshed out personality, the details of a simulation, or the joys of being on other lots and finding interesting things to do. I think it's better not to speak of what you think other feels you might find it's not the truth at all. As actually i think a lot of ts3 players do like ts2 as well and just don't like ts4 period still. Also there are some ts2 players that don't like ts4.

I like ts1 ts2 and ts3 i just deeply do not like ts4. First time i've disliked a game from the main series. I dont think people who like the game are anything than people who enjoy different game styles than others. What i do think ts4 managed to do was alienate a larger base of players because of it's particular style of game design. So while others like it, others hate it.
  • Options
    SimplyEnchantedSimplyEnchanted Posts: 221 Member
    Anavastia wrote: »
    I think that TS3 fans have a hard time being fan of TS4 because it plays much more like TS2 did. I liked TS2 and disliked TS3. It doesn't necessarily mean that TS3 was a game to just absolutely despise and put down. I just didn't like it. I think that diehard sims fans expect to like and love every single game and I honestly think that is impossible.

I like TS4. I wish it had toddlers and dishwashers. I don't think that makes me a tool or a "fanboy" it just means that I like the game. If you're disappointed in the game, fine. That's okay. We're all different. I'd be careful though in making those that like TS4 feeling like they have to share the same opinion or that they're sheep just because they like the game.

If I were a sheep then I'd like every single sims game out there. So far I've liked TS2 and TS4. I didn't like 1 and 3.

Not really i actually love ts2 and still dislike ts4. Doesn't feel the same at all when played. I don't feel the depth of emotions, the fleshed out personality, the details of a simulation, or the joys of being on other lots and finding interesting things to do. I think it's better not to speak of what you think other feels you might find it's not the truth at all. As actually i think a lot of ts3 players do like ts2 as well and just don't like ts4 period still. Also there are some ts2 players that don't like ts4.

I like ts1 ts2 and ts3 i just deeply do not like ts4. First time I've disliked a game from the main series. I dont think people who like the game are anything than people who enjoy different game styles than others. What i do think ts4 managed to do was alienate a larger base of players because of it's particular style of game design. So while others like it, others hate it.

Again, I think you missed the point I was making. "I think" means that I think a lot of ts3 fans dislike TS4, more than TS2 fans. It doesn't say all sims 3 fans dislike ts4, not at all. A lot of that has to do with missing that open world. . My whole point was that it's okay to like/dislike a game, any game. While I personally don't care what other people think, it was mentioned in this thread that a person felt unwelcome because she happens to like TS4. I wasn't speaking for anyone, I was simply making an observation :smile:

• Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited April 2015
    Anavastia wrote: »

I like ts1 ts2 and ts3 i just deeply do not like ts4. First time I've disliked a game from the main series. I dont think people who like the game are anything than people who enjoy different game styles than others. What i do think ts4 managed to do was alienate a larger base of players because of it's particular style of game design. So while others like it, others hate it.

Again, I think you missed the point I was making. "I think" means that I think a lot of ts3 fans dislike TS4, more than TS2 fans. It doesn't say all sims 3 fans dislike ts4, not at all. A lot of that has to do with missing that open world. . My whole point was that it's okay to like/dislike a game, any game. While I personally don't care what other people think, it was mentioned in this thread that a person felt unwelcome because she happens to like TS4. I wasn't speaking for anyone, I was simply making an observation :smile:

This is your first sentence:

I think that TS3 fans have a hard time being fan of TS4 because it plays much more like TS2 did.

That is what people find objectionable. In the first place, TS4 does *not* play much more like TS2 did. TS2 didn't have the linear game play that TS4 does. Neither did TS3. TS4 is nothing more than a glorified tablet game. TS2 had a lot of in-depth detailed gameplay; TS4's game play is shallow at best.

In fact, TS4 is such a grindfest, that the only way I can play it is to constantly do a rags to riches scenario where I take all the money away from my Sims and make them work for everything they need to build a house on their empty lot. That's the only thing that makes the grind justifiable. I've tried playing my Sims in a starter home, but I find it gets boring after about an hour. There's no real sense of accomplishment and no real connection to my Sims...especially if you want your Sims to reach to the top of their career so that they can move on to other things. With the Sims 2, I had a lot more challenges. I loved playing the Broke house, for example. It was a real challenge to try to get Brandi past her 3rd pregnancy while still teaching her toddler the skills he needed, and getting Dustin away from that criminal career. I don't have that challenge with TS4. All I have is grind, grind, grind.

And to be fair, the TS4 defenders tend to come off as rather condescending as if they just don't understand why we just don't love this game and keep telling us to leave the forum and go play something else...so it's definitely a two way street.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    That is what people find objectionable. In the first place, TS4 does *not* play much more like TS2 did. TS2 didn't have the linear game play that TS4 does. Neither did TS3. TS4 is nothing more than a glorified tablet game. TS2 had a lot of in-depth detailed gameplay; TS4's game play is shallow at best.

In fact, TS4 is such a grindfest, that the only way I can play it is to constantly do a rags to riches scenario where I take all the money away from my Sims and make them work for everything they need to build a house on their empty lot. That's the only thing that makes the grind justifiable. I've tried playing my Sims in a starter home, but I find it gets boring after about an hour. There's no real sense of accomplishment and no real connection to my Sims...especially if you want your Sims to reach to the top of their career so that they can move on to other things. With the Sims 2, I had a lot more challenges. I loved playing the Broke house, for example. It was a real challenge to try to get Brandi past her 3rd pregnancy while still teaching her toddler the skills he needed, and getting Dustin away from that criminal career. I don't have that challenge with TS4. All I have is grind, grind, grind.

And to be fair, the TS4 defenders tend to come off as rather condescending as if they just don't understand why we just don't love this game and keep telling us to leave the forum and go play something else...so it's definitely a two way street.
    The Sims 4 I'm finding is playing like my Sims Castaway DS game. Single Sim, follow quests, and collect junk to craft stuff. It plays like a side game not like a game apart of the main series. I've heard it be compared to the Sims Medieval as well. I wish it had just been labeled as a side game. It would have sold better as a side game.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    ScarlettScarlett Posts: 796 Member
    I sooo agree with this, but I have found many mods to improve the game. I have a set bed mod, a lock doors mod, a children can take care of babies mod and loads more!!!
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Haha.. I'm still laughing at The Sims 1.2

Smh - see EA, this is what we are reduced to doing just to have the stomach to play it.

--T
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited June 2015
    I think that TS3 fans have a hard time being fan of TS4 because it plays much more like TS2 did.
    How does Sims 4 play like Sims 2 did? I can name a lot of differences but as for similarities? Loading screens? That's about it. The gameplay is entirely different.

Post edited by JoAnne65 on
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    How does Sims 4 plays like Sims 2 did? I can name a lot of differences but as for similarities? Loading screens? That's about it. The gameplay is entirely different.

I am so with you on this and cannot for the life of me see a single thing about Sims 2 in Sims 4. I love Sims 2 - cannot even tolerate Sims 4 outside of CAS and build mode. Forget playing it! If it was like Sims 2 I'd be thrilled. The only thing they have in common is load screens and Sims 2 load screens were actually interesting and had fun little cut screens. But it is closer alike to Sims 1 - but far - FARRRRRR from being anything at all like Sims 2. For people to say that I know they did not play Sims 2.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    How does Sims 4 plays like Sims 2 did? I can name a lot of differences but as for similarities? Loading screens? That's about it. The gameplay is entirely different.

I am so with you on this and cannot for the life of me see a single thing about Sims 2 in Sims 4. I love Sims 2 - cannot even tolerate Sims 4 outside of CAS and build mode. Forget playing it! If it was like Sims 2 I'd be thrilled. The only thing they have in common is load screens and Sims 2 load screens were actually interesting and had fun little cut screens. But it is closer alike to Sims 1 - but far - FARRRRRR from being anything at all like Sims 2. For people to say that I know they did not play Sims 2.

I'm with you guys. I've never understood why people compare the two together.

As you said, apart from the loading screens they're nothing alike.

--T
  • Options
    What wiki says about the differences between the bases: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Comparison_between_The_Sims_base_games There are a ton of differences between the Sims 2 and 4.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I've been playing The Sims 2 since EA gave away the whole collection last year in August. Sims 2 and Sims 4 are nothing alike aside from loading screens.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    PandaORosePandaORose Posts: 549 Member
    I was NEVER excited for the Sims 4 because I knew what the game was all about before hand. I gave into temptation and bought it anyways about a month later at discount after its release. It's merely okay. It definitely does not live up to the later sims games, but I knew and predicted that this game would do okay. You'll have some people that like this game and some who dislike this game. This game; however, does not get my creative juices flowing. I find it difficult to create/recreate my stories. It's great for wasting small amounts of time.
    2750512.gif~c200

• Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    edited June 2015
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    What's really disappointing is the fact that here we are in 2015, and EA/The Sims Studio put out a game that's EXTREMELY limited and will never innovate, meanwhile the technology exists for it to be above and beyond awesome. It's even lagging so far behind its predecessors.

For example, the open world concept of TS3 was, without a doubt, revolutionary for The Sims. It could have vastly been expanded upon in TS4. Here is a scene taken from Sunlit Tides. The only way we'd see this in TS4 is as a cardboard cutout background, meanwhile in TS3, those are spots I can actually travel across the ocean to without a loading screen, or even have my Sims join those other Sims boating across the ocean.

Tj1Y8xZ.jpg

yeah while ts3 have horrible troubles of lazy or bad programm skills, the conception of open world, great increased the game immersion and sense of "inovation" and could really completly revolutionize the life simulator iself, that was definity a huge step to give more full and realistic life simulator, but basically that was "too much" for maxis and they "limited programm skills" to handle, then let's go back to basic we are "too low level for this" just take some bilboards and fake background, make a new different game and put the sims 4 name on it to make it sells otherwise could really floped and not even survived for one month, what saved this game was basically have the sims 4 name on it, i really doubt if it was named "sims olimpus" or any other name if the sales could be the same i means the same game we have now but just a different name.

here a good exemple of they "lazy program toward sims 4"
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=556881
    that doors where supposed to be "glasses" and you be able to see throught then but "maxis"..., think is fun have glasses which don't looks or work as glasses.

sad story no?
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    ArielDelphinusArielDelphinus Posts: 628 Member
    edited June 2015
    Sims 2 had/have:
    Simple basic CASt system
    Toddlers
    Babies with legs and were not attached to cribs
    Dishwashers
    Trash compactors
    Food processors
    Football
    Remote control cars
    Ballet
    Sewing
    Pool table
    Poker table
    Pool and playground slides
    Diving board
    Pools with curved edges
    Terrain elevation tools
    Pond tools
    Sliding glass doors
    Sims open dresser drawers
    Vehicles
    Shopping for food and clothes not just handed to you
    Lighting and shadows separate entities in options
    Good lighting that wasn't blinding bright one second and so dark you can't see the next
    Amazing Sim to Sim interactions and a lot of them
    Sims could slow dance together with even a twirl
    Better dancing
    Swing sets
    Restaurants that actually worked like...lets see...restaurants
    Apartments (eventually we got but they worked like apartments)
    Sims lips touch
    Sims cuddled
    Multiple make out & woohoo places
    Turn on's and Turn off's (like's/not likes)
    Horoscope's
    Hot tubs
    Normal size telescope
    Normal size garden boarder fence
    Foundations are separate entities from walls
    Roofs are separate entities from walls allowing for attics
    Create a neighborhood template
    Mulitple choices of lot sizes from small to very large
    Could place lots anywhere we ourselves wanted as long as there was a road
    Garage doors
    Multiple carpet choices
    Burglars
    Burglar alarms
    Fireman
    Graveyards

Etc, etc, etc...

Most of what is on the list above is not in Sims 4 a game ten years younger, and a lot of that same list was what was in Sims 2 base game so please quit comparing the two they are nothing alike.

“Because if you don't stand up for the stuff you don't like, when they come for the stuff you do like, you've already lost.”
    ― Neil Gaiman
  • Options
    ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    Ellessarr wrote: »
    that doors where supposed to be "glasses" and you be able to see throught then but "maxis"..., think is fun have glasses which don't looks or work as glasses.

sad story no?
    Thanks for this... I know it was posted as an example of laziness and not a suggestion, but I wanted it and now I have cheap glass doors :smile:
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    What's really disappointing is the fact that here we are in 2015, and EA/The Sims Studio put out a game that's EXTREMELY limited and will never innovate, meanwhile the technology exists for it to be above and beyond awesome. It's even lagging so far behind its predecessors.

For example, the open world concept of TS3 was, without a doubt, revolutionary for The Sims. It could have vastly been expanded upon in TS4. Here is a scene taken from Sunlit Tides. The only way we'd see this in TS4 is as a cardboard cutout background, meanwhile in TS3, those are spots I can actually travel across the ocean to without a loading screen, or even have my Sims join those other Sims boating across the ocean.

Tj1Y8xZ.jpg

Best reply!
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    ArielDelphinusArielDelphinus Posts: 628 Member
    edited June 2015
    I wish I liked Sims 3 better. It does have some really amazing things. That is an amazing photo.
    “Because if you don't stand up for the stuff you don't like, when they come for the stuff you do like, you've already lost.”
    ― Neil Gaiman
  • Options
    That's not how sims 3 looks though...
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • Options
    Shaobun wrote: »
    That's not how sims 3 looks though...

Actually it looks even better on my pc. Even more realistic and i have no issues with Sims 3. I also do not use mods in Sims 3 either.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    Ellessarr wrote: »

Tj1Y8xZ.jpg

yeah while ts3 have horrible troubles of lazy or bad programm skills, the conception of open world, great increased the game immersion and sense of "inovation" and could really completly revolutionize the life simulator iself, that was definity a huge step to give more full and realistic life simulator, but basically that was "too much" for maxis and they "limited programm skills" to handle, then let's go back to basic we are "too low level for this" just take some bilboards and fake background, make a new different game and put the sims 4 name on it to make it sells otherwise could really floped and not even survived for one month, what saved this game was basically have the sims 4 name on it, i really doubt if it was named "sims olimpus" or any other name if the sales could be the same i means the same game we have now but just a different name.

sad story no?

Thanks for the link! Downloaded the doors file.

EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    @Writin_Reg I think it looks better on my computer too. I just don't see the point in posting an image that's obviously full of cc, using a pose pack and a filter to change so much when you are talking about "what you see" when you look out a window. Aside from what I see being different/better in TS3, what I see in TS4 are mostly also places I can visit. If the road was replaced by a river I could cross it just like in TS3, I would just hit a loading screen if I wanted to access a lot on the other side. I think the loss of open world is a tragedy, and the tiny worlds are pitiful. I just don't think this image was the best way (or an accurate way) of portraying that.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Shaobun wrote: »
    @Writin_Reg I think it looks better on my computer too. I just don't see the point in posting an image that's obviously full of cc, using a pose pack and a filter to change so much when you are talking about "what you see" when you look out a window. Aside from what I see being different/better in TS3, what I see in TS4 are mostly also places I can visit. If the road was replaced by a river I could cross it just like in TS3, I would just hit a loading screen if I wanted to access a lot on the other side. I think the loss of open world is a tragedy, and the tiny worlds are pitiful. I just don't think this image was the best way (or an accurate way) of portraying that.

Ah, okay. I was just saying I have a very nice clear views every where I look in sims 3 - I just thought that picture was not very sharp.

Here's a quick shot of a world i am presently testing:

33y27w5.jpg

Even from a distance - across the street at sundown - you can see how sharp the shadows are in Sims 3 on my pc. Also keep in mind i am not a good photographer and almost never take or share pictures. I freely admit it. LOL.

Here's my testing Sim in front of his apt. Meet Stormy Corrindo

2prgzcy.jpg
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

In dreams - I LIVE!