Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Most disappointing game of 2014

Comments

• Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    faytheful wrote: »
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »
    bobyo2001 wrote: »
    It's depressing because if the roads are just decoration I don't know how they will be able to put the animations in.
    But keep in mind, I'm just a game player functioning with limited knowledge as everyone is so careful to point out to me all
    the time.
    I thought you considered the carpool thing as such depressing, I didn't understand ;)
    Were cars in Sims 2 basegame? Again, I think it's very well possible they will follow pools (maybe not for free though).

Nope there weren't Sims 2 Base Game content just only the pick up animation.
    But was added later in the EP Nightlife that was the second EP if i remember correctly.
    Yeah the Sims 3 had the Car Pool in the Base Game, but a Open World without Vehicles well that wouldn't be so nice ^^
    I liked the animations with cars in TS2. I hate how sims just teleport into them in TS3.

Yeah this is a let down too, the Vehicle in Sims 3 were like Mounts in RPGs Games, so you could have them in your Inventory and "mount" them lol.
    Well but overall it was nicely done.

What do you mean? I always park my car in my back pocket. LOL!

The only reason I ever had a car in ts3 was because I accidentally stole it from the sorority lot :blush: oops! The rest of the time I had my sims bike, walk, or jog. I just loved following them as they wandered through the world. I was hoping that the next sims release would give body skill for riding bikes but there's no point when the world isn't open :/
    I like how the Sims are able to drive motorcycles in TS3. The kids riding bikes I didn't like too much because if the town was/is big
    it would take them forever to get somewhere.
    I like following my Sims while they jog in TS3 but for some reason ( I think because the town is so small, & the area so limited I didn't enjoy it in TS4 )
    In TS3 the player can pick anywhere for them to jog to & tell them jog here. In TS4 they just jog around the little area they live in.
    Making a mental note to have my Sims walk somewhere. I never really did that yet.

Yeah I love that! Having my Sims wake up early and walk to the outdoor market, and then head to the park for a picnic or sit on the beach. It's so satisfying, just to get up and be a part of the world. Ts4 feels very claustrophobic.

TS4 feels that way to me too because of the differences in TS3 & TS4 with the worlds.
    It feels limited. I like open areas where we can explore. You can explore in TS4 but again its limited because of the
    loading screens. Two reasons why I prefer TS3.

That, and the collectible stuff has such a limited repetitive ....ickiness. there are what, 2 different appearances for the dig sites and 2 for frogs? With ts3 you could tell what most of the gems and metals were just looking at them on the ground, they did have spawn points but they were trickier to find and the world was so much bigger. Also I've noticed that for the plants to grow, you have to be *on* that map in 4. So I still haven't managed to get cherries because I haven't camped out for hours on the map where the tree is. I kept going back to check and it was always the same age -.- ugh. I'm having a great time traveling in WA in ts3, excavating and exploring and collecting :) ts4 probably won't ever match up.

Sims 4 collecting reminds me too much of facebook *thanks Rachel* Stand at this rock for 5 hours to earn 3 metals type of deal.
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    edited January 2015
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    I hope the sims 5 will be something like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M_9jeyF3N0

tumblr_inline_mvvpv4eaPE1rqwtiu.gif
    There's a game already for that. It's called SimCity....

I was talking about the graphics(art style)
    Oh. Well then I'm with you on that. If we do get a Sims 5, I truly hope they do shift away from the current cartoon style we have now.
    While we are at it.
    Can the game pretty please have a physics engine? Clumsy sims falling over their own feet would be a good start.
    Interesting... Not sure if any of the Maxis people are capable or talented enough to do such a thing...
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    SapientsimsolidSapientsimsolid Posts: 3,169 Member
    Jenzup wrote: »
    ASDF0716 wrote: »
    Jimil wrote: »
    I really don't buy the "Weirder Stories" campaign. I honestly think it was just an excuse to hide extremely flawed interactions.

Especially because... other than... I guess the voodoo doll (which, btw is the only action they focused on in the Asif Mandvi trailer) what exactly is so "weird" about TS4?

Them playing & splashing in the tub is new and weird to me. Then they get the playful mood & want to tell jokes.
    Then if you let them tell jokes to their friends all of a sudden they have skill one in entertainment career where they can write jokes on the computer.

That actually sounds fun I mean playing splashing in the tub making them playful and wanting to tell jokes (sounds natural and how things might progress IRL like doing some activity leads to a mood or other similar types of activity) but them then relating it to skilling up in the entertainment career and giving them the ability to write jokes on the computer is kind of weird. Maybe reading a joke book plus watching comedians on tv and then going around telling successful jokes would do that but not simply telling a few jokes after some activity. Then again people seem to think that would be too much linear play. I don't personally I think that wouldn't be too linear. I think it seems natural if I had a sim with a funny or joke trait then it might actually happen naturally without me even meaning to which would be kind of fun.

How I thought about it at first too, playing in the tub, become playful want to tell jokes. Pretty normal & occurs in real life but then when it made a split to a skill associated with a career I felt it was going off course.
    Don't see why they couldn't just leave it there where they would be having fun with family members or friends just telling jokes & being playful. Why did it have to go to a career/skill direction ?
    Its strange to me especially after the Sim has already had a career or aspiration assigned to them.
  • Options
    Om358Om358 Posts: 178 Member
    It's depressing because if the roads are just decoration I don't know how they will be able to put the animations in.
    But keep in mind, I'm just a game player functioning with limited knowledge as everyone is so careful to point out to me all
    the time.
    I thought you considered the carpool thing as such depressing, I didn't understand ;)
    Were cars in Sims 2 basegame? Again, I think it's very well possible they will follow pools (maybe not for free though).

But was added later in the EP Nightlife that was the second EP if i remember correctly.
    Yeah the Sims 3 had the Car Pool in the Base Game, but a Open World without Vehicles well that wouldn't be so nice ^^
    I liked the animations with cars in TS2. I hate how sims just teleport into them in TS3.

Yeah this is a let down too, the Vehicle in Sims 3 were like Mounts in RPGs Games, so you could have them in your Inventory and "mount" them lol.

The only reason I ever had a car in ts3 was because I accidentally stole it from the sorority lot :blush: oops! The rest of the time I had my sims bike, walk, or jog. I just loved following them as they wandered through the world. I was hoping that the next sims release would give body skill for riding bikes but there's no point when the world isn't open :/
    I like how the Sims are able to drive motorcycles in TS3. The kids riding bikes I didn't like too much because if the town was/is big
    I like following my Sims while they jog in TS3 but for some reason ( I think because the town is so small, & the area so limited I didn't enjoy it in TS4 )
    In TS3 the player can pick anywhere for them to jog to & tell them jog here. In TS4 they just jog around the little area they live in.
    Making a mental note to have my Sims walk somewhere. I never really did that yet.

Yeah I love that! Having my Sims wake up early and walk to the outdoor market, and then head to the park for a picnic or sit on the beach. It's so satisfying, just to get up and be a part of the world. Ts4 feels very claustrophobic.

TS4 feels that way to me too because of the differences in TS3 & TS4 with the worlds.
    It feels limited. I like open areas where we can explore. You can explore in TS4 but again its limited because of the

That, and the collectible stuff has such a limited repetitive ....ickiness. there are what, 2 different appearances for the dig sites and 2 for frogs? With ts3 you could tell what most of the gems and metals were just looking at them on the ground, they did have spawn points but they were trickier to find and the world was so much bigger. Also I've noticed that for the plants to grow, you have to be *on* that map in 4. So I still haven't managed to get cherries because I haven't camped out for hours on the map where the tree is. I kept going back to check and it was always the same age -.- ugh. I'm having a great time traveling in WA in ts3, excavating and exploring and collecting :) ts4 probably won't ever match up.

Sims 4 collecting reminds me too much of facebook *thanks Rachel* Stand at this rock for 5 hours to earn 3 metals type of deal.

I think it gives you the option of posting it on Facebook doesn't it, something like Farmville used to do? lol

• Options
    Om358 wrote: »
    the time.

I think it gives you the option of posting it on Facebook doesn't it, something like Farmville used to do? lol
    Oh gosh! Nooo
    "Tell your friends you just collected 5 gems with you sim"
  • Options
    Anonymous_Loba24Anonymous_Loba24 Posts: 528 Member
    edited January 2015

Oh. Well then I'm with you on that. If we do get a Sims 5, I truly hope they do shift away from the current cartoon style we have now.
    While we are at it.
    Can the game pretty please have a physics engine? Clumsy sims falling over their own feet would be a good start.
    Interesting... Not sure if any of the Maxis people are capable or talented enough to do such a thing...

I agree with both. This game is supposed to be a life simulator, right? I have clumsy friends who trip over their own oxygen so much, I hold hands with one going up stairs so she doesn't fall! I mean at least have a clumsy sim fall over the air like @06Bon06 says or have athletic sims have that tense mood from lack of exercise!

#clumsy #athletic #ihopeeaisgettingmypoint
    4079d81271f2af485384f79de0670e0a.gif
  • Options
    JenzupJenzup Posts: 1,620 Member

While we are at it.

Ok again I know I've said this before but I have clumsy sims who fall over their feet in 3 sorry but just saying.

:o They listened and gave us toddlers! Thanks Devs your work is appreciated.
  • Options

While we are at it.

I agree with both. This game is supposed to be a life simulator, right? I have clumsy friends who trip over their own oxygen so much, I hold hands with one going up stairs so she doesn't fall! I mean at least have a clumsy sim fall over the air like @06Bon06 says or have athletic sims have that tense mood from lack of exercise!

#clumsy #athletic #ihopeeaisgettingmypoint
    At least Sims 3 sims have the interaction to express their need for exercise. My one sim once went to a public pool near his house all by himself, I've never seen that but it was pretty cool.

I want sport in game too, not sure how it would work but I want :P
  • Options
    the time.

I feel the same way about the collectibles ! I was looking at them wondering what they were & why they looked like that.
    I thought the little troughs (if that's a word to describe it) containing frogs was cute, but then there are these rock type things,
    you tell your Sim to dig & they come up with dolls or fossils. Who digs at a rock ? Most of the time a rock is smashed or picked up.
    Then as game progresses & you want to pick up the collectible plants you have to stay in that area until the plants grow fruit or they become harvestable. I found that to be very frustrating. My Sim has a job & was unable to take the time to spend on that site until the plant produced so they could harvest. They had to wait until their day off to be able to do that. And even then I was having difficulty thinking
    up things for them to do while waiting. There aren't too many things to do hanging around there.
    Fishing & collecting, maybe doing fitness or just going somewhere else. But if you don't stay there, the plants won't progress.
    TS3 way was more logical to me. The plants are harvestable when in season.
  • Options

While we are at it.

Ok again I know I've said this before but I have clumsy sims who fall over their feet in 3 sorry but just saying.

Do you have an example of how they fall?
    I kinda want them to land on their face, maybe even walking into objects and knock them over. I walk into a lot of stuff o.O
  • Options

While we are at it.

Why are you sorry lol. I meant I don't think they are capable to make a full fledged physics engine for the Sims. Sorry, not sorry Maxis. Prove me wrong.
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    You think if we sent that old Witney Houston song "you played with my emotions and you made me cry" to the EA team to describe exactly how we feel about 4 that they might get it?

Well maybe we should make it "You played with my sims emotions which make me cry why can't it like 2 and 3 combined I just can't take it no I just can't take it." lol
  • Options
    blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    the time.

I feel the same way about the collectibles ! I was looking at them wondering what they were & why they looked like that.
    I thought the little troughs (if that's a word to describe it) containing frogs was cute, but then there are these rock type things,
    you tell your Sim to dig & they come up with dolls or fossils. Who digs at a rock ? Most of the time a rock is smashed or picked up.
    Then as game progresses & you want to pick up the collectible plants you have to stay in that area until the plants grow fruit or they become harvestable. I found that to be very frustrating. My Sim has a job & was unable to take the time to spend on that site until the plant produced so they could harvest. They had to wait until their day off to be able to do that. And even then I was having difficulty thinking
    up things for them to do while waiting. There aren't too many things to do hanging around there.
    Fishing & collecting, maybe doing fitness or just going somewhere else. But if you don't stay there, the plants won't progress.

And those stupid mysims statues... and the treasure maps... my sim has at least 50 of those stinking treasure maps because I don't *want* the mysims statues and guess what I keep getting anyway. Yep. Mysims statues.

Granted, one of my sims in Monte Vista somehow ended up with dozens of mysterious mr gnome tomb stones scattered all over her lot, but I just thought that was hilarious. Gnomes are cute and funny (and occasionally mischievous), mysims are just annoying and blocky.
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • Options
    AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    I just love Sims 3 CAW. This was taken when i made my Wizard of Oz map cause i wanted to see if could make something like oz in it.

munchkinarea.jpg

At the time there were taken my pc settings were medium so they aren't in high detail but they still look so much prettier to me.

scarecrowfarms.jpg

Many more simmers made wonderful things. I just don't like going from something that gave so many creative options to something that is really limiting.
  • Options
    Anavastia wrote: »
    I just love Sims 3 CAW. This was taken when i made my Wizard of Oz map cause i wanted to see if could make something like oz in it.

munchkinarea.jpg

At the time there were taken my pc settings were medium so they aren't in high detail but they still look so much prettier to me.

scarecrowfarms.jpg

Many more simmers made wonderful things. I just don't like going from something that gave so many creative options to something that is really limiting.

Lovely pics what neighbor hood was this in I can't place this area at all.
  • Options
    the time.

And those stupid mysims statues... and the treasure maps... my sim has at least 50 of those stinking treasure maps because I don't *want* the mysims statues and guess what I keep getting anyway. Yep. Mysims statues.

Granted, one of my sims in Monte Vista somehow ended up with dozens of mysterious mr gnome tomb stones scattered all over her lot, but I just thought that was hilarious. Gnomes are cute and funny (and occasionally mischievous), mysims are just annoying and blocky.

That's what I meant by dolls, the mysims statues. My Sim gets a lot of them too. They also have frogs. They didn't have much to do while waiting for the plants to become harvestable so they went around collecting everything in that area.
    I don't really have a thing about breeding frogs, although I will try it just to see what it does. Curiosity :smiley:
    My Sim collects a lot of emotional drinks too (can't think of the right term off hand) through fishing. I had them drink 2 so far. They got a negative moodlet so I don't see what the purpose for those are unless the player doesn't like their Sim or the Sim wants to be mischievous & give it as a gift to another Sim. (Not even sure if they can give gifts or not)
    The Mr gnome tomb stones are good for Simoleons. 1,000 each if you sell them. A family I played in Monte Vista got 2 during one of
    my play sessions. I was surprised because I didn't even know there were gnomes on that lot !
    I was kind of pleased to get them at the time because that family didn't have that much money at the time.
    And the gnomes do have a function they do get kind of mischievous & do things & they have families, not like the mysim statues.
    Your Sim can activate the aura of the mysim statues, put them in a room & every Sim who goes in that room will get that emotion or they can be sold. Same with the stones. They can sell the stones or activate the aura. My TS4 Sim bedroom is a energizing room. Their living room with the tv is a playful room. The room with the computer is a focused & inspired room.

• Options
    CelenaCelena Posts: 12 New Member
    edited January 2015
    Everything went downhill from the start when they wanted TS4 to be a online game that worked on all platfroms, phones, ipads, laptops etc. That was a terrible idea from the start, and then they changed their minds, and at that moment they should of just started from scratch and new again and just focus on making a great game new game, i would of waited gladly for 2016/2017 for The Sims 4, instead of a 2014 rushed, unfinished game. They did that with TS2 too, when their files burned, and they started working on it again, and in the end it looked very different from the original TS2 before it got destroyed, way better actually, the final result looked so much better.

Also so annoyed at EA and their dumb logic, like instead of fixing the issue, they delete it instead, thats not a resolution! My TS3 game with an open world worked completly fine, no problems at all. I think the issues people had, is because their computer was too old for the game, i know cause i tried to play TS3 on my old computer, and it had alot of issues there, but on my new computer i got in 2009, the game worked perfectly. In 2014, and its technology, EA had every possiblity to continue having a open world and with all the other features that was in TS3, and have it work smoothly. Like whats the exuse of removing ghosts, cars, normal careers, toddlers, comfort need, repo man, repairman, family tree, Create a World ?? They worked on a 2004 and 2009 game, why wouldnt it work in 2014? Why did they remove CASt? That feature was highly praised by everyone, and its was an amazing tool.

Every sims game, it always been a upgrade on everything with new feratures, from TS1 to TS2 to the TS3, and now that technology is at its best, they remove more than 80+ stuff, including one of the best things EVER the open world, it makes no sense , theres absolutly no progression in TS4, its like playing TS1/TS2 but with better graphics. Whats the reason of releasing a game that offers nothing majorly new? Thats why havent bought the freaking game, and thats why it has flopped, cause why would i buy a game that has removed 80+ things and offers really nothing new. People bought the previous games cause they all brought something majorly new, thats how "sequels" sell.

Also watching the TS4 trailer and description again, is so cringeworthy, basically they tried to sell new features that werent actually any new at all or any exciting or that remarkable at all. It annoyes me so much how they talked about emotions as a new thing, when thats not a new feature at all, that already was TS3, it only appears differently in TS4 and with less emotion options, (they had to cut that too obv lol). The new walks are so cringeworthy, like who ever thought that that was a good idea? Oh so lets remove CASt and Open world, and lets add different walks instead! Brilliant!

And i still dont get that crazier and playful sims tagline, or whatever it was called, that was just weak from the start, and bascially nothing new either, looking back at it, its just sad, did they really try to sell the game with that...? I barely see any change at all, and i dont even want my sims to be more crazy or whatever, i want the to be normal.

The whole TS4 game feels so lazy, they didnt even bother adding usable cars, even if theres no open world, TS2 had cars that sims could use. Or that 3 life stages looks excactly the same, they didnt even bother making them look differently or having height differenses between teens and adults. Pathetic.

And lol cant wait to see the insanly predictable EPs there will be, the same old stuff being recycled, i really think that the should of included both seasons/weather and university in the base game. I wonder if they will pull a Into The Future or Generations, basically a stuff pack sold as an EP from money hungry idealess EA.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

Awesome
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member
    Celena wrote: »
    Everything went downhill from the start when they wanted TS4 to be a online game that worked on all platfroms, phones, ipads, laptops etc.

That is kind of jumping to conclusions, is was going to be an online game, but I do not believe a IPad or a phone could handle the game.

• Options
    AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member

munchkinarea.jpg

scarecrowfarms.jpg

Hmmm it's a map i made so there isn't a neighborhood in the Wizard of Oz. It's more like there are four lands of which all the witches come from and then Emerald city is in the middle. It's the Scarecrow's field and the yellow brick road starting from the munchkin land leading to emerald city.
  • Options
    edited January 2015

munchkinarea.jpg

scarecrowfarms.jpg

Hmmm it's a map i made so there isn't a neighborhood in the Wizard of Oz. It's more like there are four lands of which all the witches come from and then Emerald city is in the middle. It's the Scarecrow's field and the yellow brick road starting from the munchkin land leading to emerald city.

I've never messed with CAW and don't know how that works so I guess I was assuming you manipulated or made changes to one of the existing pre-made neighborhoods.

Edited to add and clarify
  • Options
    natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member

munchkinarea.jpg

scarecrowfarms.jpg

I've never messed with CAW and don't know how that works so I guess I was assuming you manipulated or made changes to of the existing pre-made neighborhoods.

Edited to add and clarify

CAW is a very hard tool to use, it takes a while to get good at it :D
  • Options
    Everything went downhill from the start when they wanted TS4 to be a online game that worked on all platfroms, phones, ipads, laptops etc.

That is kind of jumping to conclusions, is was going to be an online game, but I do not believe a IPad or a phone could handle the game.

Sims Olympus would probably have ran on tablets and phones.
  • Options
    blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member

Next year's iphones probably could. Ohoho, it isn't a totally outdated, lame PC game, it's a mobile game that's ahead of its time!! (And yet somehow freeplay is better?)
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2015

Have you not read all the info about Sims Olympus? Jump to conclusions? It's not a very far jump. More like a skip. This is very old news.
    hEFcp6z.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top