Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Most disappointing game of 2014

Comments

• Options
    SapientsimsolidSapientsimsolid Posts: 3,169 Member
    edited January 2015
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    <snip>
    TS2, 2004
    300469-the-sims-2-freetime-windows-screenshot-a-rainbow-over-pleasantview.png
    <snip>

Hi :)

I see you have the Grass Glitch in TS2 picture- that's from the game not recognizing your graphics card and can be fixed. :)

I will say I like the sunshine streaming through. This is a nice touch. :yum:

Sunrise_zps1732318a.png

A TS2 picture-
    PineconeValley2_zps77c65181.jpg
    Sorry but the TS3 pic is just beautiful. No other words for it.
    ETA: just realized its a TS4 pic, I've been had :blush:

• Options
    Jenzup wrote: »
    faytheful wrote: »
    Whoever heard of roses making someone flirty ? Red roses are romantic they provoke love or deep admire

lol weird how when TS4 Sims tend their garden they start out in focused mood then all of a sudden flirty. I was freaking out because there were no male sims around until I learned its the roses !

lol Apparently that happened to me in real life. Thanks for explaining this to me, also explains why I held on to the rose for so long lol.

IRL its always an honor if a male gives a female a red rose but not when he gives them to two females at the same time.
    Kind of sorry that happened to you.
    IRL too pink would be more appropriate for the flirty stage, because red symbolizes love or deep admiration.
  • Options
    JenzupJenzup Posts: 1,620 Member
    Whoever heard of roses making someone flirty ? Red roses are romantic they provoke love or deep admire

lol weird how when TS4 Sims tend their garden they start out in focused mood then all of a sudden flirty. I was freaking out because there were no male sims around until I learned its the roses !

lol Apparently that happened to me in real life. Thanks for explaining this to me, also explains why I held on to the rose for so long lol.

IRL its always an honor if a male gives a female a red rose but not when he gives them to two females at the same time.
    IRL too pink would be more appropriate for the flirty stage, because red symbolizes love or deep admiration.

Thanx I guess it's made me a little bitter but hey you live and learn and now I'll just pretend that it was the rose I was attracted to all along. So sorry had to throw him (the rose) away poor thing died though, should have made a memorial since it was really him I loved. lol
    :o They listened and gave us toddlers! Thanks Devs your work is appreciated.
  • Options
    blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »
    bobyo2001 wrote: »
    It's depressing because if the roads are just decoration I don't know how they will be able to put the animations in.
    But keep in mind, I'm just a game player functioning with limited knowledge as everyone is so careful to point out to me all
    the time.
    I thought you considered the carpool thing as such depressing, I didn't understand ;)
    Were cars in Sims 2 basegame? Again, I think it's very well possible they will follow pools (maybe not for free though).

Nope there weren't Sims 2 Base Game content just only the pick up animation.
    But was added later in the EP Nightlife that was the second EP if i remember correctly.
    Yeah the Sims 3 had the Car Pool in the Base Game, but a Open World without Vehicles well that wouldn't be so nice ^^
    I liked the animations with cars in TS2. I hate how sims just teleport into them in TS3.

Yeah this is a let down too, the Vehicle in Sims 3 were like Mounts in RPGs Games, so you could have them in your Inventory and "mount" them lol.
    Well but overall it was nicely done.

What do you mean? I always park my car in my back pocket. LOL!

The only reason I ever had a car in ts3 was because I accidentally stole it from the sorority lot :blush: oops! The rest of the time I had my sims bike, walk, or jog. I just loved following them as they wandered through the world. I was hoping that the next sims release would give body skill for riding bikes but there's no point when the world isn't open :/
    I like how the Sims are able to drive motorcycles in TS3. The kids riding bikes I didn't like too much because if the town was/is big
    it would take them forever to get somewhere.
    I like following my Sims while they jog in TS3 but for some reason ( I think because the town is so small, & the area so limited I didn't enjoy it in TS4 )
    In TS3 the player can pick anywhere for them to jog to & tell them jog here. In TS4 they just jog around the little area they live in.
    Making a mental note to have my Sims walk somewhere. I never really did that yet.

Yeah I love that! Having my Sims wake up early and walk to the outdoor market, and then head to the park for a picnic or sit on the beach. It's so satisfying, just to get up and be a part of the world. Ts4 feels very claustrophobic.
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • Options

Thanx I guess it's made me a little bitter but hey you live and learn and now I'll just pretend that it was the rose I was attracted to all along. So sorry had to throw him (the rose) away poor thing died though, should have made a memorial since it was really him I loved. lol
    You could have put it in a book even dead for memories or put it between some wax paper. But personally I could see how you would want to get rid of it considering that the person who gave it to you wasn't really serious. Love hurts sometimes, and I think the most painful is when we have more or deeper feelings for the person than they have for us.
    Also he could've liked both of you equally & wasn't really sure who to choose because of that so he gave one to both of you.
  • Options

You could have put it in a book even dead for memories or put it between some wax paper. But personally I could see how you would want to get rid of it considering that the person who gave it to you wasn't really serious. Love hurts sometimes, and I think the most painful is when we have more or deeper feelings for the person than they have for us.
    Also he could've liked both of you equally & wasn't really sure who to choose because of that so he gave one to both of you.

I actually don't care anymore about the jerk I've moved on with my life and will only surround myself with people I know truly care and love me.

• Options

I actually don't care anymore about the jerk I've moved on with my life and will only surround myself with people I know truly care and love me.

That's the best way to do it ! :smiley:
  • Options
    thesimsfairy47thesimsfairy47 Posts: 6,116 Member
    I hope the sims 5 will be something like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M_9jeyF3N0

tumblr_inline_mvvpv4eaPE1rqwtiu.gif
    Sims 5 artstyle poll Here
    monday-to-friday-workweek-graphic.jpg
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    It's depressing because if the roads are just decoration I don't know how they will be able to put the animations in.
    But keep in mind, I'm just a game player functioning with limited knowledge as everyone is so careful to point out to me all
    the time.
    I thought you considered the carpool thing as such depressing, I didn't understand ;)
    Were cars in Sims 2 basegame? Again, I think it's very well possible they will follow pools (maybe not for free though).

But was added later in the EP Nightlife that was the second EP if i remember correctly.
    Yeah the Sims 3 had the Car Pool in the Base Game, but a Open World without Vehicles well that wouldn't be so nice ^^
    I liked the animations with cars in TS2. I hate how sims just teleport into them in TS3.

Yeah this is a let down too, the Vehicle in Sims 3 were like Mounts in RPGs Games, so you could have them in your Inventory and "mount" them lol.

The only reason I ever had a car in ts3 was because I accidentally stole it from the sorority lot :blush: oops! The rest of the time I had my sims bike, walk, or jog. I just loved following them as they wandered through the world. I was hoping that the next sims release would give body skill for riding bikes but there's no point when the world isn't open :/
    I like how the Sims are able to drive motorcycles in TS3. The kids riding bikes I didn't like too much because if the town was/is big
    I like following my Sims while they jog in TS3 but for some reason ( I think because the town is so small, & the area so limited I didn't enjoy it in TS4 )
    In TS3 the player can pick anywhere for them to jog to & tell them jog here. In TS4 they just jog around the little area they live in.
    Making a mental note to have my Sims walk somewhere. I never really did that yet.

Yeah I love that! Having my Sims wake up early and walk to the outdoor market, and then head to the park for a picnic or sit on the beach. It's so satisfying, just to get up and be a part of the world. Ts4 feels very claustrophobic.

That's the best part of having an open world. Taking them on dates to restaurants, movies, the park and then the beach <3

One of my favorite objects are the barriers from the store.
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member

There's a game already for that. It's called SimCity....
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member

Ah yes this is actually a City Builder a Good one btw i did play it too for a long time ^^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKjtFboJmk0

I would buy it though if they really bring something massive as this for the Sims, the World you can build in is really massive. But the people in it just looked really boring but better than from Sim City 5 actually.
  • Options
    EasyToRead wrote: »

The huge landscapes would be great though.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Sorry for the derailing content op just one of thos
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    the time.

That's the best part of having an open world. Taking them on dates to restaurants, movies, the park and then the beach <3

That's what I thought 4 was going to be like, open restaurant like 2 but in an open world like 3 or Open for Business jobs except in an open world, that would have been combining everything from earlier series, the way it was supposed to be, that would have been innovation, not dumbing it down. I've come to the conclusion that they just are not capable of doing it.
  • Options

I was talking about the graphics(art style)
  • Options
    the time.

That's what I thought 4 was going to be like, open restaurant like 2 but in an open world like 3 or Open for Business jobs except in an open world, that would have been combining everything from earlier series, the way it was supposed to be, that would have been innovation, not dumbing it down. I've come to the conclusion that they just are not capable of doing it.

Or too lazy. It's cheaper and easier to make Sims 4 this why than the way we wanted it.
    They could even make the open restaurants like open rabbithole thingies ( I don't know what they are called) They don't 'activate' the inside until you step into them, kinda like the places we got in Showtime.

And bigger worlds that basically only render a certain part close to your sims or a world chopped into LARGE areas with a short loading screens. A neighborhood with a real neighborhood feeling would be nice, none of the worlds give me that feeling.
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member

Oh. Well then I'm with you on that. If we do get a Sims 5, I truly hope they do shift away from the current cartoon style we have now.
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    the time.

Or too lazy. It's cheaper and easier to make Sims 4 this why than the way we wanted it.
    They could even make the open restaurants like open rabbithole thingies ( I don't know what they are called) They don't 'activate' the inside until you step into them, kinda like the places we got in Showtime.

And bigger worlds that basically only render a certain part close to your sims or a world chopped into LARGE areas with a short loading screens. A neighborhood with a real neighborhood feeling would be nice, none of the worlds give me that feeling.

That would make a really great sims game :D
  • Options

Oh. Well then I'm with you on that. If we do get a Sims 5, I truly hope they do shift away from the current cartoon style we have now.
    While we are at it.
    Can the game pretty please have a physics engine? Clumsy sims falling over their own feet would be a good start.
  • Options
    the time.

TS4 feels that way to me too because of the differences in TS3 & TS4 with the worlds.
    It feels limited. I like open areas where we can explore. You can explore in TS4 but again its limited because of the
    loading screens. Two reasons why I prefer TS3.

• Options
    Anonymous_Loba24Anonymous_Loba24 Posts: 528 Member

Either we get that or get the Sims version of Tom and Jerry Tales. I have two younger brothers who love that show and let me say, its idiotic. I mean, I get that Tom and Jerry itself was silly and quite violent but Tom and Jerry Tales does the good ole' show no justice. That and Legend Of Korra. That does Avatar no justice. So before I go off on new TV shows based off the old ones I'm just gonna say either Sims 5 will be a masterpiece or the Legend of Korra/Tom and Jerry Tales of the Sims series.

#hope? #none #bothnewshowsareterribleimo
    4079d81271f2af485384f79de0670e0a.gif
  • Options
    Om358Om358 Posts: 178 Member
    edited January 2015
    It's still processing, taking a long time and it didn't record the sound which is too bad because her laughter and making all these gleeful sounds got me giggling. I wasn't paying attention at first but she just came home from work and started doing that. lol had to share.

Edit: Must have been a really good day at work!

http://youtu.be/jeyiseSzsJE
  • Options

Either we get that or get the Sims version of Tom and Jerry Tales. I have two younger brothers who love that show and let me say, its idiotic. I mean, I get that Tom and Jerry itself was silly and quite violent but Tom and Jerry Tales does the good ole' show no justice. That and Legend Of Korra. That does Avatar no justice. So before I go off on new TV shows based off the old ones I'm just gonna say either Sims 5 will be a masterpiece or the Legend of Korra/Tom and Jerry Tales of the Sims series.

#hope? #none #bothnewshowsareterribleimo
    Don't get me started on TV! Like how every science and history channel only shows ....'wars' now
    Kinda like Sims 4 though, pretending to a simulation but it's NOT.

#StopTheMadness #MightAsWellGiveUpOnTheGoodStuff #LongHashtag
  • Options
    the time.

Speaking of dates, IDK where to go for a date in TS4. The park or the lounge/nightclub.
    More choices in TS3 but then we have to keep in mind TS3 is a more advanced game.
    Even in TS3 have to be creative on the dates, because if you go on a date late, you will miss the movies,
    the concerts @ the stadium & after that there isn't much to do but go to dinner, a night club, watch the stars, woo hoo.
    Trying to come up with something good & fun to create for the Sims in TS3 that they can include on their dates, that
    is not time limited like the movies.
    I installed the Le Cinema Plumbob in case they get a late start on their dates, the last venue of Armour, & the brunch at the Mill.
    They also go to the Serenity Retreat on occasion for dates.

• Options
    edited January 2015
    ASDF0716 wrote: »
    Jimil wrote: »
    I really don't buy the "Weirder Stories" campaign. I honestly think it was just an excuse to hide extremely flawed interactions.

Especially because... other than... I guess the voodoo doll (which, btw is the only action they focused on in the Asif Mandvi trailer) what exactly is so "weird" about TS4?

Them playing & splashing in the tub is new and weird to me. Then they get the playful mood & want to tell jokes.
    Then if you let them tell jokes to their friends all of a sudden they have skill one in entertainment career where they can write jokes on the computer.

That actually sounds fun I mean playing splashing in the tub making them playful and wanting to tell jokes (sounds natural and how things might progress IRL like doing some activity leads to a mood or other similar types of activity) but them then relating it to skilling up in the entertainment career and giving them the ability to write jokes on the computer is kind of weird. Maybe reading a joke book plus watching comedians on tv and then going around telling successful jokes would do that but not simply telling a few jokes after some activity. Then again people seem to think that would be too much linear play. I don't personally I think that wouldn't be too linear. I think it seems natural if I had a sim with a funny or joke trait then it might actually happen naturally without me even meaning to which would be kind of fun.
  • Options
    blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    the time.

TS4 feels that way to me too because of the differences in TS3 & TS4 with the worlds.
    It feels limited. I like open areas where we can explore. You can explore in TS4 but again its limited because of the
    loading screens. Two reasons why I prefer TS3.

That, and the collectible stuff has such a limited repetitive ....ickiness. there are what, 2 different appearances for the dig sites and 2 for frogs? With ts3 you could tell what most of the gems and metals were just looking at them on the ground, they did have spawn points but they were trickier to find and the world was so much bigger. Also I've noticed that for the plants to grow, you have to be *on* that map in 4. So I still haven't managed to get cherries because I haven't camped out for hours on the map where the tree is. I kept going back to check and it was always the same age -.- ugh. I'm having a great time traveling in WA in ts3, excavating and exploring and collecting :) ts4 probably won't ever match up.
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top