Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Most disappointing game of 2014

Comments

• Options
    TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    faytheful wrote: »
    Terrylin wrote: »
    The guy that made that article based it on his own opinion. He said that Assassins Creed Unity was disappointing because of the glitches and Sims 4 because it was missing features that's why these games belong to the most disappointing games of 2014. The facts are true but where are the stats of a larger crowd?

Alone in IGN you see that the 4th one is rated only as Good. Thats reason enough, the Sims before 4 were always still Amazing. Now the 4th iteration after the fans had spend thousands of their hard earned money are getting only an around 7 Game.
    http://www.ign.com/games/the-sims-1/pc-11754
    http://www.ign.com/games/the-sims-2/pc-564180
    http://www.ign.com/games/the-sims-3/pc-802129
    http://www.ign.com/games/the-sims-4-game/pc-123516

Meta Critic
    http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/the-sims-4

Thats only one of the many Gaming Magzine that rated the Sims 4 only as Good or fair.
    I think this is enough, for you to understand now better.

The scary part is the rating is given without long term gameplay. It took me a couple of days to I would say a week to determine what exactly I didn't care for and to get frustrated with the game. By the end of the month I was trying to find things to do in the game and make it fun. :(
    People usually rate a game a couple days after they get them. New and still shiny! Figure how bad it would have been if it was rated now?

edit to add: I don't believe reviewers play like long time simfans IMHO. Which also skews the rating reviewers give it! Although the intrusive tutorial is enough to give it a bad rating in my book! Dang thing wont go away!

Same thing happened to me ! I played it about a week, & by then the shiny wore off & I began to see the things that bothered/annoyed me.
    I left it alone for about 2 weeks. Went back to play & found that it was just okay not really exciting or interesting.
    I played it a few days more, then just stopped. I started playing Sims 3 again, then I found out they were giving Sims 4 pools.
    I was happy a little bit so I fired the game up, went to the gallery got a building with a pool & went in the world to place it until
    I realized there were only 2 empty lots in the world & I wanted to keep them so I couldn't place the building with pools.
    I can't put a pool on the Sims lot because its too small. When I finally let it sink in I realized it was frustrating & I didn't need the negative feelings. I've been playing Sims 3 ever since.

Yep sounds like we were playing together. except I went and played TS2UC and my console games for entertainment.
    When the careers patch came out I went to see if it improved any only to find it even more borked! :(
    Just adding more to my frustrations! :\

I know it is frustrating. I think my final straw was when I realized I couldn't edit the world like I do in TS3.
    I don't believe a game should make a person frustrated, its supposed to be fun.
    My frustration didn't last too long because I was having fun playing TS3.

Yeah the 2 Towns in the Sims 4 are only small and so restricted, they only looks good and is all only decoration.
    Well i too have my Sims 3, 2, 1 but truth to be told i will not move back to Sims 1 this Game is just to old for me :p
    And well 3 is also my Favorite and i think the way it is i will still prefer the Sims 3 before 4 because i don't see the potential like the Sims 3 had, no more Houseboats in a open world -.-
    Yes the worlds are very small & the game restricts us from doing most of the things we were used to doing.
    Love my Sims maneuvering their boats. When I learned they couldn't go on the boat in TS4 I was disappointed, but more that they couldn't swim in the river.
    I think they removed all options for expansion in TS4 because some people like wide open spaces around them.
    And they will never have that with this game due to the loading screens.
    I see it as a game to play every once in a while when I want something different.

ETA: the Sims like to use the boats too. I had to redo a world because in the first one they were using their boats in waters where they were getting stuck. There was no routing for it. (Someone will probably come a long soon to tell me the way I said that is wrong, but no worries because I know my limitations & can admit them. Its the ones who can't that make the world a scary place imo)

Yeah maybe in the Future we can drive the boats and swim in the river, but now its all decoration only, but that also the all the Cars driving the streets are also decoration is the biggest problem i have in the Sims 4. Not even the pick up animation is included.
    And Sims 3 had routing problems thats why i still use Mods from NRAAS or how its being spelled ^^

Kinda sad that in the older TS2 they might not have driven their cars far but they at least drive to the end of the lot. Another small thing that made the game enjoyable and realistic. How hard could it have been to have included cars/carpools/buses as they were in TS2?
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    If anyone wants to fix Isla Paradiso, bulldoze the Scott, Medina, Los Amigos, and Itchtaca lots. That worked for me.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    bobyo2001 wrote: »
    If anyone wants to fix Isla Paradiso, bulldoze the Scott, Medina, Los Amigos, and Itchtaca lots. That worked for me.

Ugh Isla Paradiso was the most beautiful world in my opinion... but so many bugs :(
  • Options
    SapientsimsolidSapientsimsolid Posts: 3,169 Member
    Om358 wrote: »
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    bill_th_89 wrote: »
    I had used the NRASS mods so much and so often and in every way possible. Still couldn't go through an hour of Sims 3 without horrible lag and bugs and oh my plum. And my computer is good enough to run Skyrim and AC smoothly soo..

Did you clean out your cache before playing? I use Nraas and clean out my cache and that helped a lot. I got a one or two year old computer that actually doesn't meet the requirements for this game (in terms of ram and video card), yet I can run sims 3 fine almost on high sim details graphics with the help of mods and cleaning out the cache.

Did you have all the recent patches and the mods to match them? (The mods have to be updated to the patches). Other than that, I would think to look at your computer specs for this game. You'd be surprised how much this game takes up, lol.

My computer runs Skyrim and Deus ex human revolution and other 3d games, and yet even I had some lags with sims 3. However, once I got Nraas mods (and a few fixed worlds from ellacharmed), I found out the lag was coming from sims having routing problems and getting stuck, lol. That, and for some reason, many cars needed to be cleaned up (and also stereos and/or lights needed to be turned off?). Cleaning out the cache helps, too. :smile:

Could you tell me which mod is that?

I think you want ErrorTrap if I'm not mistaken, that's the one that turns off the TV's, cleans the cars and lets you know about the routing problems.

Edit: It's either that one or Overwatch, but I have both so I forget which does what exactly.
    its overwatch
    error trap, traps the error in the game
    those two mods can work together to fix a lot of problems, but error trap will sometimes over correct I've learned

ETA well it might not now, I haven't used it in a while but at one point in my game it did.

What happens when it over corrects?
    Over watch will locate Sims that don't move & in my case when both of those mods were in the game, the Sim was located & then booted from the game.
    My Sim had gone to their house for a party, tried to interact with them & they just stood there not responding.
    Finally I made my Sim go home & the next day I looked for the Sim so she could talk to him.
    I think she liked him but he was gone from the world. His house was empty.
  • Options
    munchie885 wrote: »

Ugh Isla Paradiso was the most beautiful world in my opinion... but so many bugs :(
    Sunlit Tides looks better imo... and I don't even own that world.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    Om358Om358 Posts: 178 Member
    mmoblitz wrote: »
    I had used the NRASS mods so much and so often and in every way possible. Still couldn't go through an hour of Sims 3 without horrible lag and bugs and oh my plum. And my computer is good enough to run Skyrim and AC smoothly soo..

Did you clean out your cache before playing? I use Nraas and clean out my cache and that helped a lot. I got a one or two year old computer that actually doesn't meet the requirements for this game (in terms of ram and video card), yet I can run sims 3 fine almost on high sim details graphics with the help of mods and cleaning out the cache.

Did you have all the recent patches and the mods to match them? (The mods have to be updated to the patches). Other than that, I would think to look at your computer specs for this game. You'd be surprised how much this game takes up, lol.

My computer runs Skyrim and Deus ex human revolution and other 3d games, and yet even I had some lags with sims 3. However, once I got Nraas mods (and a few fixed worlds from ellacharmed), I found out the lag was coming from sims having routing problems and getting stuck, lol. That, and for some reason, many cars needed to be cleaned up (and also stereos and/or lights needed to be turned off?). Cleaning out the cache helps, too. :smile:

I think you want ErrorTrap if I'm not mistaken, that's the one that turns off the TV's, cleans the cars and lets you know about the routing problems.

Edit: It's either that one or Overwatch, but I have both so I forget which does what exactly.

Overwatch is the mod your thinking of.

Thanks :) it's hard to keep track, I have 20 of his mods and they keep my game running smooth, that and deleting the cache files. I used Sims3pe to compile all my CC together into fewer files, that seems to help quite a bit too. There's lots of tricks to keep that game running well but they work.

Can you compress the store content too??
    I don't know much about game files, I use to leave them alone.

Try this one and the other link and you should be able to combine any of the store content you have:
    http://club-crimsyn.dreamwidth.org/28336.html?#cutid1

• Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    mmoblitz wrote: »

Overwatch is the mod your thinking of.

Thanks :) it's hard to keep track, I have 20 of his mods and they keep my game running smooth, that and deleting the cache files. I used Sims3pe to compile all my CC together into fewer files, that seems to help quite a bit too. There's lots of tricks to keep that game running well but they work.

Can you compress the store content too??
    I don't know much about game files, I use to leave them alone.

Try this one and the other link and you should be able to combine any of the store content you have:
    http://club-crimsyn.dreamwidth.org/28336.html?#cutid1

Thank you :D
    You are all so helpful :)
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Yup, Itchtaca and Medinas were constantly getting routing errors, and I didn't understand why, lol.

I was bulldozing those houses and some houseboats as well. I think I even got rid of the resort. (But I wanted to build my own in the future, anyway.)

Ellacharmed has some ea worlds already fixed, so I downloaded her versions of Isla Paradiso (and Monte Vista, just in case) and so far, everything's going smoothly in Isla. :) I'll have to check Monte Vista in the future, too.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options

its overwatch
    error trap, traps the error in the game
    those two mods can work together to fix a lot of problems, but error trap will sometimes over correct I've learned

ETA well it might not now, I haven't used it in a while but at one point in my game it did.

What happens when it over corrects?

I can't find out anything about over correcting on the Nraas site - there is a stuck-check that can be an issue I guess. I love Overwatch. Seeing the amount of issues it fixes and logs is truly amazing. EA should take lessons.
    That happened in my game when Twallan was making the mods & Over correct is my term.
    They'd probably call it something else.
    I just took the mod out. It wasn't really an issue. He was a townie Sim

• Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    Almost up to 200 pages. Congrats!
  • Options
    KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member
    The guy that made that article based it on his own opinion. He said that Assassins Creed Unity was disappointing because of the glitches and Sims 4 because it was missing features that's why these games belong to the most disappointing games of 2014. The facts are true but where are the stats of a larger crowd?

Alone in IGN you see that the 4th one is rated only as Good. Thats reason enough, the Sims before 4 were always still Amazing. Now the 4th iteration after the fans had spend thousands of their hard earned money are getting only an around 7 Game.

Meta Critic

Thats only one of the many Gaming Magzine that rated the Sims 4 only as Good or fair.

The scary part is the rating is given without long term gameplay. It took me a couple of days to I would say a week to determine what exactly I didn't care for and to get frustrated with the game. By the end of the month I was trying to find things to do in the game and make it fun. :(
    People usually rate a game a couple days after they get them. New and still shiny! Figure how bad it would have been if it was rated now?

edit to add: I don't believe reviewers play like long time simfans IMHO. Which also skews the rating reviewers give it! Although the intrusive tutorial is enough to give it a bad rating in my book! Dang thing wont go away!

Same thing happened to me ! I played it about a week, & by then the shiny wore off & I began to see the things that bothered/annoyed me.
    I left it alone for about 2 weeks. Went back to play & found that it was just okay not really exciting or interesting.
    I played it a few days more, then just stopped. I started playing Sims 3 again, then I found out they were giving Sims 4 pools.
    I was happy a little bit so I fired the game up, went to the gallery got a building with a pool & went in the world to place it until
    I realized there were only 2 empty lots in the world & I wanted to keep them so I couldn't place the building with pools.
    I can't put a pool on the Sims lot because its too small. When I finally let it sink in I realized it was frustrating & I didn't need the negative feelings. I've been playing Sims 3 ever since.

Yep sounds like we were playing together. except I went and played TS2UC and my console games for entertainment.
    When the careers patch came out I went to see if it improved any only to find it even more borked! :(

I know it is frustrating. I think my final straw was when I realized I couldn't edit the world like I do in TS3.

Yeah the 2 Towns in the Sims 4 are only small and so restricted, they only looks good and is all only decoration.
    Well i too have my Sims 3, 2, 1 but truth to be told i will not move back to Sims 1 this Game is just to old for me :p
    And well 3 is also my Favorite and i think the way it is i will still prefer the Sims 3 before 4 because i don't see the potential like the Sims 3 had, no more Houseboats in a open world -.-
    Yes the worlds are very small & the game restricts us from doing most of the things we were used to doing.
    Love my Sims maneuvering their boats. When I learned they couldn't go on the boat in TS4 I was disappointed, but more that they couldn't swim in the river.
    I think they removed all options for expansion in TS4 because some people like wide open spaces around them.
    I see it as a game to play every once in a while when I want something different.

ETA: the Sims like to use the boats too. I had to redo a world because in the first one they were using their boats in waters where they were getting stuck. There was no routing for it. (Someone will probably come a long soon to tell me the way I said that is wrong, but no worries because I know my limitations & can admit them. Its the ones who can't that make the world a scary place imo)

Yeah maybe in the Future we can drive the boats and swim in the river, but now its all decoration only, but that also the all the Cars driving the streets are also decoration is the biggest problem i have in the Sims 4. Not even the pick up animation is included.
    And Sims 3 had routing problems thats why i still use Mods from NRAAS or how its being spelled ^^
    If so that would be great.
    I hate the cars. I don't think its fair to make the Sims walk everywhere with cars whizzing by them.
    I know they don't care because they're not programmed to care but they have emotions right ? :smiley:
    Right now they can't even ride a bike !
    Do you mean pick up like the car pools they use to go to work in TS3 ?
    If they can't animate that into the game, TS4 Sims may never get cars, & if the streets are just decoration makes it worse.

This simple animation. Or it should be simple for those who are part in the development of the Sims for a long time.

sempn3at.jpg

4ewqrii6.jpg

Yeah the Sims 2 had Helicopters, its the only vehicle i missed in the Sims 3 ^^
    But they added Boats and that was a nice addition too.

Meta Critic

Kinda sad that in the older TS2 they might not have driven their cars far but they at least drive to the end of the lot. Another small thing that made the game enjoyable and realistic. How hard could it have been to have included cars/carpools/buses as they were in TS2?

Thats what i am telling the whole time, they didn't include it for whatever reason, this alone made the Life Simulation much more fun.
    This is since Sims 1 part of the Sims.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MZALevwNI0
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    edited January 2015
    Since we are discussing vehicles now.
    Do you all think boats and swimable ocean will be possible.
    I think swimming MIGHT come back of the game lives long enough but it will be like in the Sims 2. But no boats.
  • Options

Meta Critic

I hate the cars. I don't think its fair to make the Sims walk everywhere with cars whizzing by them.
    I know they don't care because they're not programmed to care but they have emotions right ? :smiley:
    If they can't animate that into the game, TS4 Sims may never get cars, & if the streets are just decoration makes it worse.

This simple animation. Or it should be simple for those who are part in the development of the Sims for a long time.

sempn3at.jpg

4ewqrii6.jpg

Meta Critic

Thats what i am telling the whole time, they didn't include it for whatever reason, this alone made the Life Simulation much more fun.

it would affect car pools too. You know how in TS3 when the Sims go to work & someone comes get them in a car ?
    That's depressing.
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    I do not swimming MIGHT come back of the game lives long enough but it will be like in the Sims 2. But no boats.

If might be possible. It depends on what they are willing to put into it.

• Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    JULES1111 wrote: »
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »
    You think they would of learned something from Sims Medieval. Hint, hint. Simmers did not care for the RPG quest driven elements in the game. Now if they had reversed it and made it like a sandbox God game they would have had better luck. People wanted a sims game centered around medieval times.

I loved the idea of a Sims Medieval, until I started to play it. I figured well it's differn't but i'll give it a shot. I played for a little bit, not like Sims but just as another RPG game. I got bored and frustrated real fast. I uninstalled it and never played again. I didn't get the expansion for it either.
    Still the Sims Medieval sold more copies than each of the Sims 3 EPs according to http://www.vgchartz.com/game/46831/the-sims-medieval/
  • Options
    I think swimming MIGHT come back of the game lives long enough but it will be like in the Sims 2. But no boats.

I think they will bring back swimming in the ocean but they will have to build a world or neighborhood with a ocean too.
    The sims can already swim in pools so the animation to swim is there.
    Don't think they will have boats but they may surprise me. It would be nice to have boats in Willow Creek with the river
    but as other posters have said, a lot of those things are just decorations.

• Options
    I do not swimming MIGHT come back of the game lives long enough but it will be like in the Sims 2. But no boats.

Well the Space is now a little bit bigger than the Sims 2 had, so its still possible and this could be actually fun too, but it depens how they will handle it.
    Also boats is already included sadly only as decoration but i think its not impossible to make it driveable in some way.
    Even if they only ship the small zone.
    Aye it sounds silly but i have still hope that this will be more than just goodlooking in the end. Maybe they also include something like Houseboats even though you could only ship it in the small zone, but it would be enough for me to somehow get the feeling of being in my houseboat and ship away.
    Maybe they build a world that looks like Island Paradise but only build like Sims 4 is now into Zones instead in one open world.
    So every Zone is a new Island for example. Would be possible for me to still enjoy the Game.
    Because like i said often i can live with Loading Screen but only if the Game is good enough to make fun for me. So bring back the simple pick up animations from Sims 2 at least.

I hope you understand this :p
    Its hard for me now to tell what i want to tell you.

• Options

Well the Space is now a little bit bigger than the Sims 2 had, so its still possible and this could be actually fun too, but it depens how they will handle it.
    Also boats is already included sadly only as decoration but i think its not impossible to make it driveable in some way.
    Aye it sounds silly but i have still hope that this will be more than just goodlooking in the end. Maybe they also include something like Houseboats even though you could only ship it in the small zone, but it would be enough for me to somehow get the feeling of being in my houseboat and ship away.
    Maybe they build a world that looks like Island Paradise but only build like Sims 4 is now into Zones instead in one open world.
    So every Zone is a new Island for example. Would be possible for me to still enjoy the Game.
    Because like i said often i can live with Loading Screen but only if the Game is good enough to make fun for me. So bring back the simple pick up animations from Sims 2 at least.

I understand you, are you from Spain, Portugal, Brazil, Russia ?

• Options

No from Germany ^^
  • Options

No from Germany ^^
    okay yes the grammar structure is different. Knew you were from a different country.
    Its a big problem if they are not able to put the animations in the game for the pick up.
    Maybe that's why they made it so when the kids go to school & the adults go to work they just disappear.
    If they make a small area for the boats, I would enjoy it too & hopefully they will do that.
    I think it would be very sad indeed to go from the ability to use all kinds of transports, bikes, motorcycles, scooters,
    boats, cars, trucks to walking everywhere.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member

Meta Critic

sempn3at.jpg

4ewqrii6.jpg

Meta Critic

it would affect car pools too. You know how in TS3 when the Sims go to work & someone comes get them in a car ?
    That's depressing.
    Why is that depressing?
    Were car in Sims 2 basegame by the way? To be honest I think they will be added within a year, animated and all, and everybody will go hurray.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    I love the Medina lot. I think their house looks amazing plus it's small and fitting. I'm actually playing that family right now. Plus he is a hot sim ;)
  • Options

Meta Critic

sempn3at.jpg

4ewqrii6.jpg

Meta Critic

That's depressing.
    Why is that depressing?
    Were car in Sims 2 basegame by the way? To be honest I think they will be added within a year, animated and all, and everybody will go hurray.
    It's depressing because if the roads are just decoration I don't know how they will be able to put the animations in.
    But keep in mind, I'm just a game player functioning with limited knowledge as everyone is so careful to point out to me all
    the time.

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    It's depressing because if the roads are just decoration I don't know how they will be able to put the animations in.
    But keep in mind, I'm just a game player functioning with limited knowledge as everyone is so careful to point out to me all
    the time.
    I thought you considered the carpool thing as such depressing, I didn't understand ;)
    Were cars in Sims 2 basegame? Again, I think it's very well possible they will follow pools (maybe not for free though).

5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    the time.
    I thought you considered the carpool thing as such depressing, I didn't understand ;)
    Were cars in Sims 2 basegame? Again, I think it's very well possible they will follow pools (maybe not for free though).
    No, they came with Nightlife.
    oh3cjs.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top