May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Most disappointing game of 2014

Comments

• Options
    natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    Celena wrote: »
    Everything went downhill from the start when they wanted TS4 to be a online game that worked on all platfroms, phones, ipads, laptops etc.

That is kind of jumping to conclusions, is was going to be an online game, but I do not believe a IPad or a phone could handle the game.
    Have you not read all the info about Sims Olympus? Jump to conclusions? It's not a very far jump. More like a skip. This is very old news.

If Sims 4 can barely run on a mid-ranged computer with decent specs. There is no chance it would run on a ipad, Ipads/phones do not have the graphics or the processing power to run it, even a chromebook can't run the game.

• Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited January 2015
    Jenzup wrote: »
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    I hope the sims 5 will be something like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M_9jeyF3N0

tumblr_inline_mvvpv4eaPE1rqwtiu.gif
    There's a game already for that. It's called SimCity....

I was talking about the graphics(art style)
    Oh. Well then I'm with you on that. If we do get a Sims 5, I truly hope they do shift away from the current cartoon style we have now.
    While we are at it.
    Can the game pretty please have a physics engine? Clumsy sims falling over their own feet would be a good start.
    Interesting... Not sure if any of the Maxis people are capable or talented enough to do such a thing...

Ok again I know I've said this before but I have clumsy sims who fall over their feet in 3 sorry but just saying.
    That's not the same as a physics engine. While we see Sims in TS3 doing all the same animation each time they show their clumsy "talent" a physics engine would go far beyond that! Sometimes a Sim would fall on the floor or down the stairs (or not, that depends on the actual circumstances) or he could toss a plate of spaghetti across the room and if another Sim stands in the way that spaghetti could possibly land right in his face. Another example is cars. While they clip right through each other in TS3 without any harm they would crash with a physics engine.

This space is for rent.
  • Options
    AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    Anavastia wrote: »
    Anavastia wrote: »
    I just love Sims 3 CAW. This was taken when i made my Wizard of Oz map cause i wanted to see if could make something like oz in it.

munchkinarea.jpg

At the time there were taken my pc settings were medium so they aren't in high detail but they still look so much prettier to me.

scarecrowfarms.jpg

Many more simmers made wonderful things. I just don't like going from something that gave so many creative options to something that is really limiting.

Lovely pics what neighbor hood was this in I can't place this area at all.

Hmmm it's a map i made so there isn't a neighborhood in the Wizard of Oz. It's more like there are four lands of which all the witches come from and then Emerald city is in the middle. It's the Scarecrow's field and the yellow brick road starting from the munchkin land leading to emerald city.

I've never messed with CAW and don't know how that works so I guess I was assuming you manipulated or made changes to one of the existing pre-made neighborhoods.

Edited to add and clarify

CAW actually isn't that hard to use if you take the chances with it.

Simmers are so helpful in the CAW threads that my first experience with it wasn''t that frustrating at all. There are tutorials online for it as well. I will say though that if you start a map from scratch it takes years to finish it. so it's not that it's complicated more time consuming. Still all the work if the end result is a map that you just love to play it's worth it.

I think when i first played around and experimented i just took a very small map and made the terrain sort of like shaping it and thinking of ways to make it different. It all can look overwhelming at first especially if you don't know what to do but getting yourself familiar with it little by little, you'll find it's not so hard actually.
  • Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    Everything went downhill from the start when they wanted TS4 to be a online game that worked on all platfroms, phones, ipads, laptops etc.

That is kind of jumping to conclusions, is was going to be an online game, but I do not believe a IPad or a phone could handle the game.
    Have you not read all the info about Sims Olympus? Jump to conclusions? It's not a very far jump. More like a skip. This is very old news.

The Sims Olympus would have ended up like this :(
    waddling-funny-clubpenguin.jpg
    1b1dae1499bed80fb456000e782f4958ba2140894a3ab0de9e4307f7f91f0686.jpg

• Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Cyron43 wrote: »

Oh. Well then I'm with you on that. If we do get a Sims 5, I truly hope they do shift away from the current cartoon style we have now.
    While we are at it.
    Can the game pretty please have a physics engine? Clumsy sims falling over their own feet would be a good start.
    Interesting... Not sure if any of the Maxis people are capable or talented enough to do such a thing...

Ok again I know I've said this before but I have clumsy sims who fall over their feet in 3 sorry but just saying.
    That's not the same as a physics engine. While we see Sims in TS3 doing all the same animation each time they show their clumsy "talent" a physics engine would go far beyond that. Sometimes a Sim would fall on the floor or down the stairs (or not, that depends on the actual circumstances) or he could toss a plate of spaghetti across the room and if another Sims stands in the way that spaghetti could possibly land right in his face. Another example is cars. While they clip right through each other in TS3 without any harm they would crash with a physics engine.

Yip, this is what I want ^^

@Cyron43‌ , why haven't you made a simulation game yet :P
  • Options
    JenzupJenzup Posts: 1,620 Member

While we are at it.

That's not the same as a physics engine. While we see Sims in TS3 doing all the same animation each time they show their clumsy "talent" a physics engine would go far beyond that. Sometimes a Sim would fall on the floor or down the stairs (or not, that depends on the actual circumstances) or he could toss a plate of spaghetti across the room and if another Sims stands in the way that spaghetti could possibly land right in his face. Another example is cars. While they clip right through each other in TS3 without any harm they would crash with a physics engine.

I would love this but the sims team already gave us 4 so I don't see that happening.

:o They listened and gave us toddlers! Thanks Devs your work is appreciated.
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member

While we are at it.

I would love this but the sims team already gave us 4 so I don't see that happening.
    Hopefully with Sims 5. Keeps fingers crossed.

This space is for rent.
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member

If Sims 4 can barely run on a mid-ranged computer with decent specs. There is no chance it would run on a ipad, Ipads/phones do not have the graphics or the processing power to run it, even a chromebook can't run the game.
    Well of course not the current game itself but Sims Olympus might have. You're mixing up the two for some reason....
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    MiffoShort wrote: »
    bill_th_89 wrote: »
    @MiffoShort‌ Thank you very much, my friend. :D

No problem :)

Matthew.

OMG your avi I absolutely love it!

• Options

While we are at it.

Hopefully with Sims 5. Keeps fingers crossed.

I'd love it. It would make every game so much more unique.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    bill_th_89 wrote: »
    faytheful wrote: »
    Never got a survey either. Feeling a little miffed. *sniffle*
    I feel like that survey was a huge deal and I feel empty for not being a part of it. Can't we make our own survey here on the forums?

Actually there have been many threads made by us forum users detailing what we want and even making polls or threads about what to keep or polls about if certain things were added or taken out what would really make us hate or love the new game and so forth. We keep getting told to keep posting that our voices are heard but 4 really makes me wonder if they actually do.
  • Options
    kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    CAW is a very hard tool to use, it takes a while to get good at it :D

It really is not a hard tool, just one that takes a few patience to learn. If you want immediate results then no it is not a tool you would be happy with. It takes weeks to make a small world and months for a large one. The most important part is play testing. That takes up a good portion of the time, but is very important. You need to find all the routing problems and glitches and so on.
    I believe one of the reasons I liked playing in user created worlds was the amount of care that was taken to play test and find errors before they shared them. Something EA did not do very well.

I am working on a small world now as TS4 holds no interest for me. I love being able to create exactly the world I want for my little pixels.

kim :\

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    JULES1111 wrote: »
    @Terrylin No survey for me. Also no Facebook, or Twitter.

I didn't get a survey either.....I wonder why?? :\

Are you a tween? No, then that's why.

• Options

I can pretend to be a tween. oMGG I <3 da simz guysss.
  • Options

I am not a teen and I got a survey not long after release. I have to say I crucified the game. I m sure I will not be getting another any time soon.

kim >:)

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    ASDF0716ASDF0716 Posts: 1,703 Member
    edited January 2015
    munchie885 wrote: »

u rite 2 gud to b1 of us lol
  • Options
    Wildley CuriousWildley Curious Posts: 5,349 Member

I got 2 surveys. Once by email from EA, the other when I logged on to Origin . Believe me, I am far from being a tweener LOL!
    “I was so sure that I knew what they needed and what I wanted to sell them that I never stopped long enough to find out what it was they wanted to buy.”
    ― Chris Murray, The Extremely Successful Salesman's Club
  • Options
    ASDF0716 wrote: »

u rite 2 gud to b1 of us!

Soz sad dat EA had 2 ruin da game fo uz m8. TS4 waz my 1st luv bb.
    9. #Heartbroken #Shade #Bae
  • Options
    edited January 2015

I got 2 surveys. Once by email from EA, the other when I logged on to Origin . Believe me, I am far from being a tweener LOL!

Well now that you have mentioned it, I too am, far from a tween. :D

kim :\

Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    ASDF0716ASDF0716 Posts: 1,703 Member
    edited January 2015
    all I'm going to say is this:

facepalm_zps07f9c28a.jpg

*shakes his head and walks away*

Seriously? A 🐸🐸🐸🐸 BEATLE?!
  • Options

u rite 2 gud to b1 of us lol

kjasdn fhdfd;l v43t9 c45tgjfd
    Do I win?
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member

u rite 2 gud to b1 of us!

Soz sad dat EA had 2 ruin da game fo uz m8. TS4 waz my 1st luv bb.
    9. #Heartbroken #Shade #Bae
    They should have given me their survey!
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member

Why does it have to be tweens only? Do they think the younger they are the less critical they are as well....
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options

I think my brain just ran away crying o.O

Are these really the people anyone wants to target for anything?
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member

Oh my.....

Seriously what's going on here? I swear when I was that age I had a world of general knowledge, or did I?! :confused:
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top