Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Love Like A Snail: An Inter.s.e.x. Story.(Closed.)

Comments

• Options
    DarciTheFoxDarciTheFox Posts: 1,589 Member
    I'm thinking aloud all over this thread, lol.

Anyways, what do you guys think? Which way do the dragons look better?

I just don't know where to put them, should I put them up like pillars on the bar? I think this looks pretty neat, but is it too gaudy?
    4994020_orig.png

Or behind the bar for more subtle decor?
    4661130_orig.png
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    I like them on the bar!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    CathyTea wrote: »
    I like them on the bar!

I think I do too! I'm not sure if it's too gaudy though. I do like it...hmmmm :# decisions.

• Options
    qrlcodeqrlcode Posts: 532 Member
    I loveeeeee it.

Dragons on the bar for sure. They're awesome.

Did you see the Japanese-inspired bedroom over at TSR?
  • Options
    Carewren123Carewren123 Posts: 2,658 Member
    I like them on the bar too. They're fun. And by the way, I'm glad you liked my Japanese build :) And you certainly shouldn't feel like an amateur lol. You build is beautiful. Very creative. And I love love love the pool area.
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:
    Wren's Nest * * * Get a CLUE

Completed Stories: Ana Pringle

My Main Site: Carewren123 Sim Stories
    YouTube Channel: Carewren123 Sims
    Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
  • Options
    EEtheridgeEEtheridge Posts: 585 Member
    edited November 2014
    Reina has a gorgeous mansion now! I guess that showed those snooty neighbors didn't it. I love the dragons on the bar.
    Post edited by EEtheridge on
    MyTS4Signature_zpsa6ba606a.jpg
    View my homes in the Gallery, Origin ID: EEtheridge
  • Options
    ValerieRayne13ValerieRayne13 Posts: 60 Member
    Cannot tell you how much I'm loving this!
  • Options

qrlcode wrote: »
    I loveeeeee it.

Dragons on the bar for sure. They're awesome.

Did you see the Japanese-inspired bedroom over at TSR?

Yeah, I think mostly everyone loves them on the bar, I think I do too and so I'm going to leave them there. :D

And yes I have! I'm super excited to use it. I LOVE the bed, it's so gorgeous, though it's a bit feminine for my story, I am still going to use it. I've noticed that Japanese decor and architecture tends to be awesomely unisex, I'm loving it. And Cherry blossoms are prevalent in the culture for decor for both men and women, I think.

I'm CRAVING a sushi living room set with adorable sushi pillows, chairs and furniture.

af69_sushi_pillow_oncouch1.jpg

sushi-pillow-1.jpg
    20_1337245859465.jpg
    modular-furniture-1_kXEAG_1822.jpg
    Sushi_Pillow_by_Rumeiko.jpg
    sushi_pillow_large_-_kawaii_cute_maki_sushi_makizushi_california_roll_489202ab.jpg

• Options
    I like them on the bar too. They're fun. And by the way, I'm glad you liked my Japanese build :) And you certainly shouldn't feel like an amateur lol. You build is beautiful. Very creative. And I love love love the pool area.

Thanks! It's a bit off center. :\ That bothers me a bit, but I like how the entrance way looks, so I will leave it and remember to even it out on the next build. I like the character of this one. :)

I really love how the pool area turned out too! I was worried that wasn't gonna work out. Now I got to reconfigure things a bit to make an outdoor kitchen nook, I want a BBQ on the deck there somewhere. I don't know where I'm gonna fit lounging chairs when we get them! LOL! I'll make space I guess! :#
  • Options
    EEtheridge wrote: »
    Reina has a gorgeous mansion now! I guess that showed those snooty neighbors didn't it. I love the dragons on the bar.

I'm so happy about it! It's so cool to look at the bench behind Reina's new mansion, then her shack and then the big mansion and I just get all proud. It is like icing without the cake though, lol there is still only one bathroom on the lot and only enough money to get Grandma Hedy a cheap double bed and Axle a nice single bed. All the walls are unpainted, doors on the first floor haven't been installed, lol. We are BROKE again and the bills are pretty hefty. LOL! This should be interesting.

I had to move the Jones' to where the Hyde's old house was, then move Reina over to where the Jones' were. I'm working that into my story.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Cannot tell you how much I'm loving this!

The mansion or the story? :D

Thank you! If it's the story I'm going in game right now to start snapping pictures for the next chapter. :#

If it's the building, it's available on the gallery! OriginID DarciTheFox and it's called Reina's Castle. ;)

• Options
    @DarciTheFox - I don't think I was talking about the mansion, hadn't seen that yet, although thank you for sharing your stuff on the gallery. I will definitely check it out the next time I'm in game. I was talking about the overall story and concept, love that your dealing with an intersex character. Such an interesting idea ;)
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    @DarciTheFox - I don't think I was talking about the mansion, hadn't seen that yet, although thank you for sharing your stuff on the gallery. I will definitely check it out the next time I'm in game. I was talking about the overall story and concept, love that your dealing with an intersex character. Such an interesting idea ;)

Oh, thanks! Yes, I absolutely love the concept and Reina. It's really been the most fun I've had with a sim story in a long time. I'm working on the next chapter.

I've got some ideas for some crazy and fun twists.

So, by accident my simself kind of got into this story in the beginning :p and I feel weird having her in it, but lol it's really fun to see how my simself interacts with Reina and so I kind of went with it. There's some big twists coming up if things go the way I think they will. :#;)

EDIT:I also thought up something funny and fun to do with my simself for the story, something that once happened to a friend of mine irl that I thought was great and really entertaining.
  • Options
    @JadeEmma So, what you're telling me is to hurry up and catch up on my reading ;)
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Ok, so I know the update is late. LoL! I took WAY too many pictures this time around lol. It was fun. Anyways, I've been distracted cause I'm actually working on a real life short script/film about an Inter.s.e.x. character. So, Reina's story has been a bit neglected. I am uploading pictures and working on it though, so I hope to have it out in a day or two. Sorry for the delay!

I just had great inspiration for this short story and I'm really inspired/moved by a lot of these individuals I've been researching and everything. So, I wanted to make something to help bring some awareness to people that have DSD conditions. Reina's new chapter will be up soon and there's a TON of pictures for you guys to feast your eyes on. LOL!
    Post edited by DarciTheFox on
  • Options
    Very cool! Keep us posted on the progress of the film!

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    Alright! Sorry for the long wait and there's a TON of pictures in this update. <3
    thefoxsims.weebly.com/love-like-a-snail/chapter-9-worries-money

New chapter is UP! <3 (*) <3
  • Options
    Awwww.... what a sweet chapter! My finger is sore from scrolling! I love the talk between Hedy and Reina... I think I finally figured out Hedy in a way that her character make sense to me--she's like a granny who was a flower child in her youth! Still a hippie at heart! I was always thinking of her of being MY grandparents' age (wild teens in the roaring 20's and young adults during the Depression), but she's actually more like people just a little older than I am, the wild teens of the 1960's! That explains her earthiness and acceptance of all things natural!

Oh. And I just have two words for the household: Steel Bladder.

• Options
    Carewren123Carewren123 Posts: 2,658 Member
    I loved it too. I know how much you love pictures, so i thought you should know how much i adored some of the shots from this chapter. My favorite picture was the shot from under the stairs at the begining. I thought that was such a creative shot and turned out wonderfully.
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:
    Wren's Nest * * * Get a CLUE

Completed Stories: Ana Pringle

My Main Site: Carewren123 Sim Stories
    YouTube Channel: Carewren123 Sims
    Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
  • Options
    UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    edited November 2014
    I haven't finished reading the latest chapter (had to stop halfway thru because my parents need me lol)
    But I absolutely love Hedy and her facial expressions. And she is so freaking adorable reading in the pool.
    I forgot...did you put her up for download? I have a perfect guy that needs a woman like her.

ETA: omg that heart-to-heart made me tear up. I seriously wish my grandmother was like her....so understanding and happy for her grandchild(ren). I don't think I've ever been so jealous of a Sim before lol
    Post edited by UmbralFlower on
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • Options
    qrlcodeqrlcode Posts: 532 Member
    The steak, omgosh.

The house looks amazing. I was so happy to see that the dragons made the cut and Axel is adorable but it's a shame TS4 doesn't have laptops and drawing pads so they could all get some work done outside.
  • Options
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Awwww.... what a sweet chapter! My finger is sore from scrolling! I love the talk between Hedy and Reina... I think I finally figured out Hedy in a way that her character make sense to me--she's like a granny who was a flower child in her youth! Still a hippie at heart! I was always thinking of her of being MY grandparents' age (wild teens in the roaring 20's and young adults during the Depression), but she's actually more like people just a little older than I am, the wild teens of the 1960's! That explains her earthiness and acceptance of all things natural!

Oh. And I just have two words for the household: Steel Bladder.

Lol! I know, I used a ton of pictures this time around. I'm gonna lessen it for the next one, those took forever to put up, lol.

Hedy is definitely a free spirit, she's young at heart and definitely fits your description. :# She's a bit of a romantic too, she's going to be going out dancing a lot and dating eventually. ;) That's going to be fun.

LOL! I need to get that for them all, seriously. It was such a pain to only have 1 bathroom on the lot for the longest time! It's been a grind getting Reina and Hedy's career promotions, but finally we're making some OK money. Axle's apartment was remodeled and 2 more bathrooms were installed.
    tumblr_lz2r4ve1uY1qmktazo1_500.gif

My next big hurdle is doing Grandma Hedy's room. It's gonna cost us $12,000 alone just for the bed I want to get her, lol! OMG, the bills! They're gonna be crazy!

• Options
    I loved it too. I know how much you love pictures, so i thought you should know how much i adored some of the shots from this chapter. My favorite picture was the shot from under the stairs at the begining. I thought that was such a creative shot and turned out wonderfully.

I actually like that shot too. I spend a lot of time trying to get the perfect angles and interesting viewpoints in my pictures. Thanks for noticing! I honestly didn't think anyone would pay attention to that picture. I just thought it was interesting, I'm glad it was good!

Next time I'm going to take a bit less pictures though, but still try to get great shots. :#

Thanks so much! :D<3
  • Options
    candace92 wrote: »
    I haven't finished reading the latest chapter (had to stop halfway thru because my parents need me lol)
    But I absolutely love Hedy and her facial expressions. And she is so freaking adorable reading in the pool.
    I forgot...did you put her up for download? I have a perfect guy that needs a woman like her.

ETA: omg that heart-to-heart made me tear up. I seriously wish my grandmother was like her....so understanding and happy for her grandchild(ren). I don't think I've ever been so jealous of a Sim before lol

Aw! Thank you! :D

I love Hedy too. I'm glad you liked it!

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be putting this family up on the gallery. I've grown quite attached to them and I kind of want to keep them just in my game. They also have a lot of CC each, so I refrain from putting them up on the gallery because of that as well. :)

Though, if you want to upload your guy, I wouldn't mind having him in my town for Hedy's dating pool. ;) (I will warn you though, she's a heartbreaker and probably won't be settling down with anyone for quite some time, lol. She's gonna be on the prowl. :#;) )
  • Options
    qrlcode wrote: »
    The steak, omgosh.

The house looks amazing. I was so happy to see that the dragons made the cut and Axel is adorable but it's a shame TS4 doesn't have laptops and drawing pads so they could all get some work done outside.

LOL, I was not expecting Reina to drop it. She did that on her own too, got up butt azz early to make steak for breakfast, so I just went with it, lol.

I love dragons! Gotta have them! <3

Axle has been SO amazing to have around, the house would be full of broken items, trash and dirty dishes if it weren't for him. He's awesome. I really wish we had laptops and drawing pads too! It would be so neat to see Hedy writing outside in the garden. Hopefully we'll get that soon. :D

Thanks for reading. :D