Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Love Like A Snail: An Inter.s.e.x. Story.(Closed.)

Comments

• Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    so.... I suppose maybe possibly a little new level of empathy for Reina from this weekend's experiences? At least perhaps in how others perceive blurring lines of distinction? (I mean, you always convey such empathy and understanding for her. And, there's nothing like living in the midst of others' misconceptions to deepen one's compassion and understanding even further!)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    DarciTheFoxDarciTheFox Posts: 1,589 Member
    edited December 2014
    LOL! I think you're right! It really does help me understand how others may feel, even if their situation is different from mine, I think there's a lot we can understand about other people if we draw from our own experiences. I've learned so much already just from the topic of my story and I feel so happy and inspired by the stories of different inter.s.e.x individuals. I feel that I can connect with people that struggle to fit in to what society deems as "normal". I have never been normal, lol and that's perfectly alright with me now.

Alright! Back to writing this chapter!
    Post edited by DarciTheFox on
  • Options
    Hey, your grandfather is famous! I saw the Harlem Globetrotters play in the 1970s--that was probably after your grandpa's time with the time, right?

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Hey, your grandfather is famous! I saw the Harlem Globetrotters play in the 1970s--that was probably after your grandpa's time with the time, right?

LOL yeah, kind of haha! Not a lot of people remember him though. He played in the 40's I believe so it was a bit after his time with the team, but he always attended Harlem Globetrotter events to see his friends. There were some of his old Harlem Globetrotter buddies at his funeral too, that was so nice to see.

I remember I went to some Harlem games as a kid, but they weren't like the original games they used to do in the 40's. We had video of my grandfather playing with the team in the 40's and it was so awesome to see. I love the Harlem Globetrotters and sometimes I'll check in and see how they're doing these days. It's such a fun, awesome team. :D
  • Options
    Alright, new chapter is coming along nicely. It may not be ready by the end of the night though, but I'm working on releasing it as soon as I can. Thanks for your patience everyone!
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    YAY! Ok, new chapter is UP! Sorry for the delay.

Chapter 10: The Things That Matter Most.
    thefoxsims.weebly.com/love-like-a-snail/chapter-10-the-things-that-matter-most

I hope you had a beautiful holiday for those of you that celebrate it! For those that don't, I hope you had a wonderful weekend! <3 Much love and as always, thanks so much for reading. :D
  • Options
    qrlcodeqrlcode Posts: 532 Member
    edited December 2014
    Mrs. Jones is such a snot. I hope she steps on a Lego.

Everything else is awesome, of course. Axle's room is so beautiful with all those colors. And you are such a good story-teller!

ETA: <3 Axle the feminist!
  • Options
    Go Reina! I love her attitude! And actually, I do think 🐸🐸🐸🐸 would win the fist fight. And Wilde the writing contest. And OF COURSE Austen is the trail blazer. I mean, seriously. She's also slyly subversive (Mansfeld Park, anyone?) She was revolutionary. Still is, actually.

Hedy's room is gorgeous!

That's a really sweet chapter. Thank you for the literary discussion!

• Options
    Ohmigosh. The last name of the author of Three Muskateers translates to plum.

Just like the author of A Christmas Carol, and the title of Shakespeare's Plum Andronicus.

I want to have a literary anthology called Plum.

• Options
    edited December 2014
    qrlcode wrote: »
    Mrs. Jones is such a snot. I hope she steps on a Lego.

Everything else is awesome, of course. Axle's room is so beautiful with all those colors. And you are such a good story-teller!

ETA: <3 Axle the feminist!

LOL, I know. Mrs. Jones is super snobby and rude, and if there were legos in game I would definitely leave them in her path. She strikes me as the kind of sim that would destroy a child's dollhouse and blame it on the child. I'm gonna keep my eye on her.

Thanks!

Oh, I didn't even realize that Axle sounded like a feminist until you pointed it out and then I became all proud of him. Hahaha! He is definitely for equal rights & representation. ;) If Reina ever has little girls, Axle will be such a good supporter for them.
  • Options
    Go Reina! I love her attitude! And actually, I do think 🐸🐸🐸🐸 would win the fist fight. And Wilde the writing contest. And OF COURSE Austen is the trail blazer. I mean, seriously. She's also slyly subversive (Mansfeld Park, anyone?) She was revolutionary. Still is, actually.

Hedy's room is gorgeous!

That's a really sweet chapter. Thank you for the literary discussion!

I actually agree with you! I think Dum.a.s would win the fight and also think that Wilde would win the writing contest. I think you and I agree on Jane Austen, I srsly <3 her & her work. OMG, I agree! I loved Mansfeld Park, my favorite has to be Pride and Prejudice simply because my grandmother and I both adore it and spent afternoons drinking tea and watching the t.v. versions together.

Hedy's room is my favorite room in the house right now! Hahaha! I'm into my girly side, so Hedy's room is the only room I can make all flowery and girly right now, lol! I am trying to keep most of the house gender neutral for Reina. Though if she has sons or daughters, they will all decorate their rooms however their characters would want it.

I'm such a literary lover, I adore many old authors and am always eager to re-read my favorites or talk about my favorite authors. LOL, Hedy got that from me I guess. :#

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Alright, sorry I've been MIA for a bit. Real life is catching up to me on occasion and I'm getting nervous for my upcoming inter.s.e.x. short film that I'm writing, but I'm super excited. It's taking up a lot of my time trying to get it ready for production, the script has to be finished before January and we'll be filming in Feb, so I apologize if I've been MIA a lot.

I also apologize to all the other story writers, I love all your wonderful stories and haven't had much time lately to catch up reading them or commenting on them. I mean to soon, but right now I'm enrolling for the spring semester of college, looking for a new job and working hard on this short film. So, my life has gotten super busy and I only have time to update my story here. I apologize! I do want to catch up on all your wonderful stories soon.

Anyways, so I'll be working on a new chapter for Love Like A Snail soon, I'll post here as usual when it's finished and up.

Today, I'm working hard on my short film script, I need to have the first draft finished this week so that I can make a final draft of it for the director to read. So, I'm off to work on that. I hope you all have a beautiful day and I can't tell you all how encouraging it is to see your comments here, thank you all for your continued interest in Reina and her family. It means a lot to me.

Ok, I'll be working on the new chapter soon! But, today is a short-film writing spree day for me! Gotta get it ready for production! I'm super excited, honored and nervous to be taking on this role. I hope it brings some awareness to the struggles of DSD conditions in a respectful manner. :D (I would also like to make it with reverence to an acquaintance of mine that I just found out a week ago was inter.s.e.x. and struggled for a long time with their condition before ultimately dying far too young. Very sad, I want to keep Nikki in my thoughts as I write my short, Nikki was a great person and my short film goes out to Nikki and others like Nikki.)

Alright, I'm off to work on this film! Talk to you guys soon! Again, have a beautiful day!
  • Options
    UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    I loved Reina's Thanksgiving. I can't wait to see how the realization is gonna change future chapters.

Don't worry about updating a lot. Your film and college and rl is far more important than this. Your devoted readers will still be here.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • Options
    FloorRaisinFloorRaisin Posts: 1,340 Member
    Just getting caught up on all the stories I've been missing. Loved this holiday update, very sweet. :)

Good luck with your film! And don't worry about us too much. :)
    The Wolff Legacy - whattheplum.wordpress.com - Latest update: Forward, Fast
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! The encouragement means a lot to me. I appreciate it. So, I have began snapping pics for the next chapter, but unfortunately my game has crashed. So, I will have to try again. I did get some cute shots of Hedy and Reina playing chess. :D They just had around $7,800 simoleans taken by the bills so they only have $750 simoleans left. I'm gonna have Reina paint a few extra paintings so we can get our Christmas tree and decorations! (I wish that we had boxes & storage chests so that we could keep decorations in the attic etc...I don't like keeping things in the inventory.)

• Options
    ~Announcement~

Hello, I feel bad about neglecting this story so, but I must announce that I am putting this story on ice. I am sorry and thank you everyone for following my story and being so fun and awesome. I love these characters and I might start this story up again later in TS4's development if I end up liking TS4. Also, I have a lot more on my plate right now than I previously did as I explained, so I have to focus my attention on other things right now, so I don't know when I'll be back.

Also, I simply do not like TS4 right now and it's a chore for me currently to play it. Without toddlers/family play and a bunch of other features I love, I just have a struggle wanting to play.

I am sorry! Thank you all so much, it's been so great.
  • Options
    Howdy, Darci! And all the best to you!

• Options
    FloorRaisinFloorRaisin Posts: 1,340 Member
    Thanks for checking in, Darci! Sad to see you go for my own selfish reasons, but really do wish you well in whatever grabs your interest next. :)
    The Wolff Legacy - whattheplum.wordpress.com - Latest update: Forward, Fast
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    HEY! I'm BACK! I've decided to continue this story again, even without toddlers. I really miss my characters and I'm going to start this up again. I'm just worried that since I rebooted my computer I won't have all my mods/skins etc....I back up Reina's mansion and my characters though. So, they might look a little different in new updates if I can't get all my old mods back, but I'll do my best to get everyone back to their old selves and start up the story again.

I am still in school and will be starting the next semester again soon, so I won't have a TON of time to update. My updates will be irregular, but I plan to continue this series until I finish the story to my beautiful conclusion I had in mind. Plus, Hedy has A LOT more mischief to get into with Reina before this story is done! If you guys can stick with me and irregular updates whenever I get the chance, this will be a nice story to read from beginning to end, hopefully.

Ok, so today I'm organizing my TS4 and getting everything back up to date. I hope my mods aren't broken. I'm super sad there are STILL no toddlers, but I will just put Reina's future family plans on hold until toddlers appear.

Ok! I'm off to get my game going again. :) Maaaaaybe start working on the next chapter if I can get everything in order.
  • Options
    UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    Omg yaaaaaaaaay. I saw your toddler thread in the GD. I was super shocked to see you. I left a reply, a sincere one. I know how frustrating it is, but I do think we will get them, and when we do...it'll have been worth the wait.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • Options
    HEY! I'm BACK! I've decided to continue this story again, even without toddlers. I really miss my characters and I'm going to start this up again. I'm just worried that since I rebooted my computer I won't have all my mods/skins etc....I back up Reina's mansion and my characters though. So, they might look a little different in new updates if I can't get all my old mods back, but I'll do my best to get everyone back to their old selves and start up the story again.

I am still in school and will be starting the next semester again soon, so I won't have a TON of time to update. My updates will be irregular, but I plan to continue this series until I finish the story to my beautiful conclusion I had in mind. Plus, Hedy has A LOT more mischief to get into with Reina before this story is done! If you guys can stick with me and irregular updates whenever I get the chance, this will be a nice story to read from beginning to end, hopefully.

Ok, so today I'm organizing my TS4 and getting everything back up to date. I hope my mods aren't broken. I'm super sad there are STILL no toddlers, but I will just put Reina's future family plans on hold until toddlers appear.

Ok! I'm off to get my game going again. :) Maaaaaybe start working on the next chapter if I can get everything in order.

Darci! Awesome! I'm excited to see your Sims again! I've never taken your blog off of my "What I'm Reading" list--in part because of wishful thinking they'd return! And here you are! :)

• Options
    edited February 2016
    Omg yaaaaaaaaay. I saw your toddler thread in the GD. I was super shocked to see you. I left a reply, a sincere one. I know how frustrating it is, but I do think we will get them, and when we do...it'll have been worth the wait.

Thank you. Sorry if I was rude in there at all. I just get so frustrated with all the derailment of toddler topics and the hate for toddler topics. I kinda lost my head in there and I usually try to be polite, but I just let my anger get the best of me in that thread. Sorry you had to see that.

I'm frustrated because I have plans for Reina's family in the future and I will NOT miss out on any of Reina's toddlers!! I basically have to freeze Reina getting married and a ton of family plans I had for her, but that's ok. Maybe I'll just delay it a little, I had plans for Reina to party it up and date a little before they settle down anyways. :)

EDIT: Also thank you for remembering my story! It means a lot to me. I'm so happy to see you all here! Thank you again!

• Options

Darci! Awesome! I'm excited to see your Sims again! I've never taken your blog off of my "What I'm Reading" list--in part because of wishful thinking they'd return! And here you are! :)

HEY! I'm so happy to see you here! :) Aww! I'm so honored you kept my story around. That wishful thinking paid off! I just missed this story a lot and would think of it often. I had to come back, plus I had people asking me when I would start it up again, so I thought....hey...if I just update when I can instead of every week, at least I can keep the story going and see how I can end it.
  • Options
    Great News! I started my game again just now and ALL my mods are still working just fine and my game is exactly how I left it. Only problem is, I don't remember what I had planned for Reina's mansion. I have all these undecorated empty rooms and I'm having a hard time remembering what I had planned to do with them all! LOL! So, I'm trying to remember what my plans were, I remembered a couple, but lol! idk! I'll remember.
  • Options
    Ok, I spoke a bit too soon. My game works, but I think my cc is making my sims pause in between every action. I have to go through my mods and find out which ones are the mods messing up my game and update them if I still need them for the story. It might take a little bit, but I'll try to get another chapter up soon. I'm already thinking of how to do the next chapter. :)