Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Love Like A Snail: An Inter.s.e.x. Story.(Closed.)

mother-snail-vs-baby-snail-big.jpg
Welcome To My Inter.s.e.x. Legacy/Hobo Challenge Story!

For those returning, the 3rd post on this page is reserved for Chapter update teasers. Whenever a new chapter comes out, the 1 pic teaser will show up there, along with the new chapter link.

Chapter 1: New Town, No Money

You wouldn't believe the things people have said to me, or the kinds of looks I get.

3918983_orig.png

Just stepping off the trolley into town and I can see it on their faces. They're all trying to put me into those familiar categories.

They all try to figure it out: Am I a boy dressing as a girl or am I a girl with the body of a boy?

6367440_orig.png

Truth is, I'm a bit of both. Most people can't handle that, it's hard for them to understand, but it's a medical truth.

5732481_orig.png

I'm a hermaphrodite. There's a lot of weight to those words.

Well, a more accurate and nicer term is inter-s.e.x. It's still hard for them to understand.

6951023_orig.png

My parents, my friends and even my doctors tried to categorize me too, they decided that I was more developed as a boy and so for most of my life, that is how I have been raised and treated. I started developing female traits as I became a teenager, which was shocking to me.

I don't particularly feel like a man or a woman, I feel like me and I don't like being shoved in one direction or the other. To make things easier on others, I mostly use a feminine identity, but it's always hard to forget being raised as a boy.

9500802.png?659

I'm fairly open about myself, I think it's good to let people know that everyone isn't born the same. It does come with a cost sometimes, people often misunderstand you and then decide how you should go about your life.

Marriage is a big topic, "You need to decide what you are before you trap someone in a marriage with you. If you don't know yourself or your role in this world, how can you expect to have a lasting marriage?"

7519980_orig.png

Sometimes, I don't even have words for it.

4363611_orig.png

As if me not identifying with a gender means that I don't know myself at all, it's ridiculous.

I'm young and I do things my way, marriage is the last thing on my mind. I'd like to think that my role in this world is based on something more than my gender or marriage. Don't get me wrong, I'm a family oriented sim, but I've got a lot more on my mind than getting married and having babies right now, if that's even possible for me. (Apparently the lady got tired of giving me life advice and left.)

226180_orig.png

It's hard enough scoring a date once people find out. It's just too weird for them, and that's ok, I understand. I don't have time to date right now anyways. I have to collect everything I can get to sell. Today was my first day in town, I didn't even wait to change, I just started collecting. I sometimes write or paint to supplement my living, but it's not much of a living right now. I hope I make some friends in the neighborhood, I could really use a friend right now.

9236849_orig.png

4470943_orig.png

My family and I are now estranged, I have nothing but $1 in my pocket and the land beneath my feet. I am essentially homeless right now. I managed to save up enough money to buy this land and one day there will be a mansion sitting here, but right now things are pretty tough.

6223602_orig.png

I am Reina Uzumaki and this is my story.

9473540_orig.png

4052984_orig.png
(The house across the street is a replica of my actual house, my simself lives there with her/my boyfriend. He built the house. It's awesome.)

A Little More About Reina:
Reina is inter.s.e.x, or better known as a hermaphrodite. (Though inter.s.e.x is the more polite term as I currently understand it.) Reina was raised as a boy, but when Reina became a teenager he/she started to develop female traits as well. Her family doesn't see things the way that Reina sees them, and that caused huge problems. They wanted their little boy back and Reina wanted to feel whole, they disowned her and now Reina's on her own, but don't worry, she's got this. I think.

3918983_orig.png

Reina's Aspirations & Traits:

Reina's Aspiration: The Curator, w/Collector Trait. Reina's a bit of a pack-rat. She thinks she'll make her fortunes on something valuable she finds, only problem is, Reina has trouble letting go of her treasures. I'm thinking she won't be making her major money here, but she does. Luckily she will probably be good at writing and painting, that should help.

Traits:
Collector
Creative
Family Oriented
Materialistic

Why Reina has these traits:

Collector: Ever since Reina was a young child, living as a boy he always had a love of rocks and collectible things, she would run around and collect the dullest looking rocks in the yard, cut them open to see beautiful crystals inside. He had a closet full of rocks instead of a chest full of toys like most other little boys.

Creative: Reina is no stranger to her imagination. She had a strict childhood and often spent time in his head daydreaming, this helped make him into a very creative little kid. He spent a lot of his spare time painting as a kid and became quite good.

Family Oriented: Though Reina is not ready for babies yet, she craves the chance to create an attentive and loving family of her own. Reina's own parents weren't very affectionate and were often forgetful of Reina's feelings. They were proud of their little boy, he had to be the best and whenever their little boy did things that little girls were supposed to do, her father got very upset. He shoved Reina into sports, which luckily Reina liked, but Reina also liked to play with dolls and do a lot of things that both little boys and girls like to do. Her father had desperately wanted a son and when his son began to become his daughter also, things started to unravel. Her family is very cold to her now for her decision to not undergo surgery to become all male. She has never had a solid sense of a warm home, she desperately wants to give that to her future family.

Materialistic: Reina's family didn't have a lot of money. She lived in a beat up house, her father was a fisherman and his work was dangerous, he drank a lot. Her mother had a gambling addiction and most of their money was spent before it ever got home. Reina grew up with very little and has always craved a sense of respect through wealth. She wants to own the nicest things and to be able to provide for her future children the way that wasn't provided for her.

Reina's Quote:

I've always loved snails, ever since I was a little boy. I used to love catching them and watching them. I guess I related to them. My love is like a snail, it's slow, it's got a bit of a shell, but I'm soft on the inside.

(Snails are adorable, there's so many cute pictures of snails.<3)
macro-photography-vyacheslav-mishchenko-66.jpg

Reina Uzumaki Fan Art:
29vig7k.jpg
Image was very nicely put together by seVenpeaceloVe, thank you!

~I apologize to all my past readers. I no longer come on the forums, I have so much going on and it's been a difficult time for me. This story deserved to have an ending and it deserved to be completed, but I do not have the time to devote to taking pictures, editing and organizing them. It takes a massive amount of time to keep up a sim story and I've got to get my life going. This story had an important message I feel and I saved it in my web journal. I will do what I can in my lifetime to bring awareness to Intersexual people. I think it's part of the beautiful diversity of human beings, everyone deserves representation. I am sorry that this story will not get the ending it deserved. Thank you all who read Rei's story.
Love Like A Snail: An Inter.s.e.x. Story.
thefoxsims.weebly.com/
3825869_orig.png
Post edited by RockoutDarci on

Comments

• Options
    sholtxsholtx Posts: 832 Member
    Oh man..
    beXSQcW.jpg
  • Options
    RockoutDarciRockoutDarci Posts: 3,092 Member
    edited October 2014
    New Chapter Teasers!

Chapter 2: Odd Introduction.
    Reina goes to introduce herself to her neighbors across the street!
    1613127_orig.png

Chapter 3: A Rough Week.
    Reina is really struggling this month and scrapes through another rough week.
    7790304_orig.png

Chapter 4: A Shack To Call Home.
    Reina is determined to put a roof over her head or pass out trying!
    5779064_orig.png

Chapter 5: The Hydes Move Away!
    Reina gets a new wardrobe and her best friend moves away!
    8050201_orig.png

Chapter 6: Confidence & My Boyish Figure.
    Reina notices some changes & starts making some changes of her own.
    8015573_orig.png

Post edited by RockoutDarci on
    Love Like A Snail: An Inter.s.e.x. Story.
    thefoxsims.weebly.com/
    3825869_orig.png
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I love this story! I had a Sim that I used the name randomizer in Sims 3 (it did both the first and last names together, not separately like Sims 4) and that's how I ended up with Raina Day, about the same time Seasons came out coincidentally enough. B) (Now I'm tempted to try and remember what she looked like to create her in game -- if my current family gets a boy, maybe I'll make her as a child with a single parent and move her into the neighborhood.) Maybe your Reina will find someone who shares her genetic oddity and they'll find happiness together, just about the same time that the toddlers come home to the Simiverse. :)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    I predict this will get either flamed or moved to stories area of forums.
  • Options
    Chris41279Chris41279 Posts: 247 Member
    Good stuff! Keep the updates coming. I tend to relate really well with outcasts, as in RL I'm kinda the black sheep of my family for my lifestyle choices. The fact this is the direction you went with the sim, is really intriguing to me. Keep up the good work. Your storytelling skills are phenomenal! :)
  • Options
    DariuDariu Posts: 3,120 Member
    The fact that the surname "Uzumaki" is enough to make me want to nuke this thread

NARUTO WAS ONLY GOOD UNTIL THE END OF ZABUZA AND HAKU. After that it went down a downward spiral...

And lets face it. OROCHIMARU is a pedosnake
  • Options
    HazzaPlumbobHazzaPlumbob Posts: 2,455 Member
    Lol, gotta love hermaphrodites!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvEbSABcjjA
  • Options
    SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    I actually like stories with gender confusion, some of my favorite, but without the game actually supporting it somehow, I don't have any interest in trying to implement it in my game :p
  • Options
    Meela_PashtMeela_Pasht Posts: 704 Member
    I like this story so far. Please continue :D Just curious but what are Reina's traits and aspirations?
    If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. Live in your Truth.
  • Options
    Gnarl_LeeGnarl_Lee Posts: 1,014 Member
    hehe, grats on finally coming around!...aint so bad is it?...they'll add all the "missing" stuff eventually...and itll be 10 times better ;)
  • Options
    TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    Oh man I'll let her benchpress me anytime...
    // take me back to 2018.
  • Options
    rbridges430rbridges430 Posts: 2,675 Member
    interesting
  • Options
    CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    edited September 2014
    Those guns....

EKzD2dG.jpg

Edit: She's definitely the most unique Sim I've seen to date and I love her hair/color :)
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
  • Options
    Rubycube86Rubycube86 Posts: 294 Member
    I'm rather disappointed at some of the comments in this thread. Just shows that some people can't handle this, and think the only way to do so is to tell the OP how weird they are, or how funny this topic is (in a bad way) or just stick their noses up at it.

I think you've done a good job, OP! Keep up the good work :)
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Personally the "body of a boy" thing is weird, because it is obviously a feminine body. I have no problem wit the rest, but she is quite curvy so I don't get that part.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    PigDestroyer1978PigDestroyer1978 Posts: 163 Member
    edited February 2015
    Post edited by PigDestroyer1978 on
  • Options
    LovelyMelodyLovelyMelody Posts: 896 Member
    What a cute androgynous female.
    Strawberry_Shortcake_Commision_by_sugarlette.gif <~ my weakness.
  • Options
    I_Luv_LindsayI_Luv_Lindsay Posts: 294 Member
    Don't like.
    I'm the queen bee
  • Options
    LovelyMelodyLovelyMelody Posts: 896 Member
    I'm sorry I called her an androgynous female btw I should have referred to Reina as a hermaphrodite since that is what she is.
    Strawberry_Shortcake_Commision_by_sugarlette.gif <~ my weakness.
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    sholtx wrote: »
    Oh man..

Not quite.
  • Options
    RinilexRinilex Posts: 3,048 Member
    Dariu wrote: »
    The fact that the surname "Uzumaki" is enough to make me want to nuke this thread

NARUTO WAS ONLY GOOD UNTIL THE END OF ZABUZA AND HAKU. After that it went down a downward spiral...

And lets face it. OROCHIMARU is a pedosnake

Nah, it was pretty good until Sasuke left. Once it hit filler and then Shippuden, it went down the drain.

The Jiraiya and Tsunade arcs were the best. B)

Orochimaru is creepy as a motherplumber, though.
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    Rubycube86 wrote: »
    I'm rather disappointed at some of the comments in this thread.

What comments were there exactly to be disappointed in when you posted this?

• Options
    AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    Is that sim a random townie you found (and then edited)? Or did you hit the "randomize" button on CAS until you were done and then put that sim on the world?
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    I am gonna do a 100 baby challenge with his cute-azz. Mmmhmmmm those genetics. ;) Gonna make some fiiiine babies.

OP talking about Don Lothario.

OP was having no trouble getting into the game before this Sim.