Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Winners Announced! ♦Fabulous Foundations♦ Come and look at the wonderful entries:-)

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    I am glad that you are making good progress on your build @mrlabean, :)
    I hope you are having fun with ghosts @Sweet2 :)

I will look forward to seeing your builds :)
  • Options
    Sweet2Sweet2 Posts: 1,736 Member
    Entry Form:
    Username: Sweet2
    Link to download
    Name of lot: Pond Abode
    Link to research if not on this thread: N/A
    Description: A family home created for the Foundation Challenge. CC free
    Photos: (min front and back view and floor plans of each floor)
    10404135_634730653312592_7261250637192724341_n.jpg?oh=a921dbb987ee5967ed0ed523d3b3bdaf&oe=54D1177C
    10645316_634730663312591_676614795745105347_n.jpg?oh=d5c875831749bf317a2c7684a73f8715&oe=54CA94B3
    10424250_634730656645925_3494266490050104669_n.jpg?oh=37e4e0f4764027d7d02d7a2f7d959f44&oe=5483E67E&__gda__=1418134214_5f249c16d359d78636c73a2c3e249006
    10645030_634730693312588_1647076214587810533_n.jpg?oh=42268f02b4082242cc21125b9d856692&oe=54C87F53&__gda__=1417925346_47561ff48b52d8091f86fa03a3bc2b1d
    10320444_634730703312587_2327199888173315276_n.jpg?oh=0b28a70f7b44adda8f10109589807a05&oe=54B4672C&__gda__=1422193222_2f5403ff5265a2c5331020d52e5fcb97

Link to further pictures/slideshow: http://s44.photobucket.com/user/Mies1990/slideshow/Foundation Challenge?sort=9
    My Page Another lot and Household Uploaded :)

• Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Nice layout Sweet2! I think your contemporary home has great curb appeal.
  • Options
    Thank you ciane :)

• Options
    Pond Abode is very nice @Sweet2. :) Nice shade of green that you have used for the exterior. Great backyard area! It loks nice how you have a pond there. Sims will enjoy cooking on the grill outdoors and eating their meals at the umbrella covered table enjoying being in the sunshine. Child sims will have fun playing on the swings . Great nook garden area for sims to enjoy growing and harvesting plants to use in cooking. Sims will have fun playing with the chickens and collecting eggs from the coop. It looks very nice how you have done the flowers around the coop. Great upper balcony for sims to enjoy using the telescope to do stargazing. Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior of the home. The children's bedroom is very nice! Nice patterns that you have used for the walls and beds. The butterfly themed bed and butterflies and birds on the wall look pretty. Great study desk nook for sims to enjoy sitting at the table using the computer. The flower floor rug looks nice. Very nice shades of green and beige that you have used in the master bedroom. The flower on the bedside table is nice for sims to see when in bed. The nursery is great. It is nice that you have a rocking chair there for parent sims to enjoy sitting resting in whilst holding their child in their arms. The flower rugs look very nice there. Very nice living room. Sims will enjoy resting on the sofa and armchairs there in front of the fire, having a chat and watching tv, The sun decor look great how you have placed them on the wall. Great toy nook for little sims to have fun playing with the toy stove whilst other sims are sitting relaxing on the seats. The arched clothes and shoes closet is great! Very nice kitchen and dining room! Very nice type of dining chairs that you have used there for sims to enjoy eating their meals on. The white colour of them looks nice with the blue wall pattern. The red flowers on the table are nice for sims to see when dining there. Very nice design and furnishing of the kitchen! The texture of the countertops looks nice, and nice types of curtains that you have used. The wall pattern is very nice. Great art room for sims to enjoy painting on the easel or have fun playing chess. It is great that sims can also just sit and rest on the sofa there.
    it is a very nice home! :)
  • Options
    Thank you @rosemow :)

• Options
    pchapmanpchapman Posts: 260 Member
    @Sweet2 Beautiful. I have been working on my entry most of the afternoon today. It shall be interesting to see all the entries. I am really enjoying this contest. Thank you @Whatsociallife for coming up with this contest.
    Origin ID for Sims 4: patti2297
    Follow me on Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/27640240@N08/

• Options
    Thank you @pchapman :)

• Options
    walkingstickwalkingstick Posts: 4,637 Member
    Nice work Sweet2. I think it's really interesting to see how such different style houses can be built using the same foundations.

Mine is coming along. Just the landscaping to do now.
  • Options
    Nice work Sweet2. I think it's really interesting to see how such different style houses can be built using the same foundations.

Mine is coming along. Just the landscaping to do now.

Thank you :) look forward to see what everyone else comes up with

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Entry Form: Fabulous Foundations
    Username: Pchapman (Patti)
    Link to download: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8455876
    Name of lot: Casa de Sierra
    Link to research if not on this thread: I tried making a link to my inspiration pictures along with a brief explanation and when I hit submit comment, I got the message that my post would have to be approved first before it would post. I have gotten that message before on other threads and it never shows up. So, I am going to edit this to show a link to my inspiration pictures. The Pueblo style home is typically seen in California & the Southwest and they have massive rounded walls, which pretty much impossible to do in Sims, at least I don't know how to. They have flat roofs and my grandparents owned one of these homes and the roof was covered with gravel and there was a good size rounded lip on the top. A friend of mine in New Mexico bought a really old Pueblo home, and the walls were a good foot and half wide.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/27640240@N08/sets/72157647891207849/

Description: I chose the Pueblo Revival style home. I grew up in New Mexico so I saw a lot of this type house and I thought it would be fun to try to create my version.

Screenshot-21.jpg

Screenshot-19.jpg

Screenshot-8.jpg

Screenshot-15.jpg

Screenshot-3.jpg

Screenshot-10.jpg

Link to further pictures/slideshow:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/27640240@N08/sets/72157647895318088/
    Post edited by pchapman on

• Options
    Casa de Sierra is a very nice home @pchapman :) Your inspiration pictures are very nice. Very nice exterior of your house to reflect well the style. The texture of the exterior looks great, and nice type of windows that you have used,. It looks great how you have set the house up for Autumn and Halloween. The ghosts and the pumpkins either side of the front porch look great! It looks nice how you have placed the rocks around the edges of the plants at the front of the home. The bare trees look great to signify that the autumn leaves have already fallen. The chillis look great either side of the front door to suit the Mexican theme. Great backyard area of the home. Sims will have fun on the swings there or enjoy swimming in the pool. Very nice glass house! Sims will enjoy growing and harvesting plants in the pots there. It looks a nice light filled place to enjoy gardening indoors. Sims will enjoy sitting chatting around the fire pit, toasting food. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The living room is very nice. The green colour of the sofa, armchairs and curtains looks nice, and the wooden furniture looks nice with it.. The animal on the coffee table is a nice touch. Sims will enjoy sitting resting there in front of the fire. The type of fireplace suits well the type of home. The black wall and floor tiling looks great in the bathroom. Nice blue pattern that you have used for the bunkbeds in the children's bedroom. The Mexican themed furnishings that you have used in the kitchen look great! It looks great type of fridge, dining seats and curtains that you have used there, which suit well the theme of the home. Nice dining room, where sims can enjoy the sunlight coming in whilst dining there. The wooden dining table and seats look nice for sims to enjoy eating at. Very nice flooring pattern. The master bedroom is very nice. The fans on the side wall and the row of pictures on the bedhead wall are nice for sims to see when laying in bed. The texture of the wall looks nice, The lamps on the bedside table suit the type of home. The walk in shoes and clothes closet is great! Nice armchair corner bedroom sitting area for sims to enjoy resting on the seat there.
    It is a great home! :).
  • Options
    pchapman wrote: »
    Entry Form: Fabulous Foundations
    Username: Pchapman (Patti)
    Link to download: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8455876
    Name of lot: Casa de Sierra
    Link to research if not on this thread: I tried making a link to my inspiration pictures along with a brief explanation and when I hit submit comment, I got the message that my post would have to be approved first before it would post. I have gotten that message before on other threads and it never shows up. So, I am going to edit this to show a link to my inspiration pictures. The Pueblo style home is typically seen in California & the Southwest and they have massive rounded walls, which pretty much impossible to do in Sims, at least I don't know how to. They have flat roofs and my grandparents owned one of these homes and the roof was covered with gravel and there was a good size rounded lip on the top. A friend of mine in New Mexico bought a really old Pueblo home, and the walls were a good foot and half wide.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/27640240@N08/sets/72157647891207849/

Description: I chose the Pueblo Revival style home. I grew up in New Mexico so I saw a lot of this type house and I thought it would be fun to try to create my version.

Looks very nice :)

• Options
    @Rosemow Thank you for taking the time to look at my entry and to comment like you did. You are always so nice. The animal on the coffee table in the living room is a pinata. :smile:

@Sweet2 Thank you.

• Options
    snowdove58snowdove58 Posts: 1,699 Member
    I'm working on an entry. Almost went with a Pueblo, Patti. The foundation looked like it was made for that! Good job! Rec'd
  • Options
    Great inspiration pics Patti and I love the way you did the rocks around the shrubs.
  • Options
    @snowdove58 I enjoyed doing the Pueblo and I will look forward to seeing your entry. Did you change your mind because I did one? I hope not, as I think it would be fun to see another one's twist on the same style.

@Ciane Thank you. I really had fun with it.

As I side note, I know we can have 2 entries and I have debated with doing another, but even with the new computer when I am in the build mode, changing colors of stuff etc., the game keeps freezing up on me even with the new computer. I don't know what is going on with that, it is only when I am editing colors not doing saves, etc. I am also playing Sims 4, which the new pc runs perfect, but alas, no building contests for Sims 4. I don't even care about winning, I just enjoy the challenge. :)

• Options
    @pchapman, do you have a lot of CASt patterns saved? If I am working on a build, I might save some of the colors and patterns to use again in another room. That slows down the CASt and can cause it to freeze up for some reason. Try deleting any you don't need any more and see if that helps.
  • Options
    ciane wrote: »
    @pchapman, do you have a lot of CASt patterns saved? If I am working on a build, I might save some of the colors and patterns to use again in another room. That slows down the CASt and can cause it to freeze up for some reason. Try deleting any you don't need any more and see if that helps.

lol. I save them all! How do I delete them? Just browse the categories?

• Options
    pchapman wrote: »
    ciane wrote: »

lol. I save them all! How do I delete them? Just browse the categories?

If you want to save a few then yes and hit the trashcan when you've found them, they're usually at the bottom. If you want everything gone, move (or delete) the userpresets file from the Sims 3 folder, that's where everything from CASt is kept

• Options
    Sweet2 wrote: »

If you want to save a few then yes and hit the trashcan when you've found them, they're usually at the bottom. If you want everything gone, move (or delete) the userpresets file from the Sims 3 folder, that's where everything from CASt is kept

Thank you Sweet2!

• Options
    Oops, sorry I didn't check back earlier. I see Sweet answered already. As Sweet said, just click on your saved pattern and then choose the trash can to delete each individually. I would suggest moving out the userpreset file first and then deleting it if you are happy without them all. Good luck and happy simming.
  • Options
    jerriniccijerrinicci Posts: 241 Member
    Soooo... Turns out I have too much store content, and my laptop doesn't like it. I doubt I'll get an entry completed in time. Especially since I still need to finish my build that was originally for the Zoo U contest.
    a.k.a. Jerrica
    My Page
    My Studio
    My EMPTY Wishlist!
    tumblr_o07kimGeNn1t2ewe0o1_500.png
    I own the store! (Or at least what you can own without spending a dime on simpoints! Many thanks to all the generous people who helped me out!) (last updated Dec 30, 2015)