Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA never FIXED the severe CLIPPING (and other bugs)

Comments

• Options
    JennaBean93JennaBean93 Posts: 84 Member
    these pics of glitches from the sims 3 everyone's posting are cracking. me. up LMAO

bXfuIdI.jpgxOKfx56.jpgCDxD64T.pngyqh4tbL.jpgEPYf0ru.jpg
    karlpilkingtonplz.png?1
  • Options
    InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    Vlaxitov wrote: »
    sims152318 wrote: »
    Most, if not all, of these glitches weren't caused by bad CC. TS3 had some of it's own nasty glitches too.

Skeptical of that since I would think I'd have had at least one of these problems as much TS3 as I've played.

Well different engine...this may be a whole new set of nasty bugs.
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • Options
    BaenreBaenre Posts: 595 Member
    Oh no.....Silent Hill Sims Edition is back. lol More stuff to add to my Post Traumatic Sims Disorder.....it hurts.
  • Options
    PixelsSquaredPixelsSquared Posts: 3,265 Member
    Most, if not all, of these glitches weren't caused by bad CC. TS3 had some of it's own nasty glitches too.

Skeptical of that since I would think I'd have had at least one of these problems as much TS3 as I've played.

I've had some of those glitches before, especially when Pets came out. I have a good graphics card and good specs overall, so that wasn't the cause. At the time, I didn't use any CC, so that wasn't the cause either. I don't think bad CC from The Exchange went into my game either.
    ypU37gD.gif
    Pricefield forever.
    Time Won't Keep Us Apart - A story.
    MTS: SimsForever15 | Origin: vba152318 | Paradox: PixelsSquared | Simblr: PixelsSquared
  • Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    I thought this game was rated T these pictures make me think otherwise...
  • Options
    neonhorn22neonhorn22 Posts: 132 Member
    Oh wow....after perusing this thread, I'm definitely going to have nightmares tonight! *clutches blankey*
  • Options
    salivacocktailsalivacocktail Posts: 552 Member
    edited September 2014
    I'm beyond bummed out at what this game is. I wanted Sims 4 so bad when I first heard about it and now it's just such a bid disappointment that I don't think there is any fixing, other than releasing a Sims 5

@phineas1920 Me too...
    29g2790.gif

Though, I'm hoping maybe it is just people being negative.. even though facts don't really lie. :disappointed:
    The shinbone is a device made for finding furniture in a dark room.
    My Website: salivacocktail.weebly.com
    My Pinterest: pinterest.com/salivacocktail

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

I've had some of those glitches before, especially when Pets came out. I have a good graphics card and good specs overall, so that wasn't the cause. At the time, I didn't use any CC, so that wasn't the cause either. I don't think bad CC from The Exchange went into my game either.

What was your card when Pets for TS3 came out? Because that stuff happens when the card isn't supported in TS3. Or when you have one of those cards in between. Like say a card is supported with the numbers 6450 but the one between the 6450 and the 6480 wouldn't be. People swear they have a supported card all the time when they don't. Just sayin'. I have never had those clipping in TS3, ever. No CC either. This is a new game and it just shows how sloppy programming is and how rushed it is. This is really subpar to the max.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    robotpanda34robotpanda34 Posts: 3,387 Member
    mb36on.jpgtumblr_inline_mn46zxVmft1qz4rgp.jpgPets_graphic_glitch.jpgjzd1c7.jpgScreenshot-5-7.jpg
  • Options
    DecafHighDecafHigh Posts: 669 Member
    What's with all the TS3 pics? Is it proving a point or something?

I don't recall ever seeing any of those issues in my TS3 games, but I didn't start playing till the game was already fairly old and patched up. Even if it was a buggy mess though what's that got to do with TS4 except establish a pattern of shoddy development? /shrug I thought the reason so many features were being removed from TS4 was to fix these kinds of issues?
  • Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited September 2014
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    Meanwhile at EA...
    I_don't_care.gif
    because...
    [img]http://stream1.🐸🐸🐸🐸.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1696880_o.gif[/img]
    They are sleeping good tonight
    giphy.gif
    Don't give EA too much credit. I believe with the sales of this game, EA will be looking more like this:
    No_Money.gif

• Options
    Dearra95Dearra95 Posts: 556 Member
    I 100% agree. I saw that video and couldn't believe, yet not surprised, that the clipping was still horrendous. No Way should this game be $80 for something like that! What you said was true so I don't understand the flagging. I swear people on here a flag happy. Anyway, I have never seen it so bad in a Sims game before or maybe I was just lucky to not have issues and glitches.
  • Options
    HenwenHenwen Posts: 188 Member
    Oh, this truly is disappointing. I was going to get the game tomorrow, but lucky me - my PC is petering out so I will have to wait to get a new one built. In the meantime I'll be reading reviews and posts of players experiences with the game and determine whether or not to wait a long time before purchasing it.
    I've also read that people have had the Demo crash on them. That also was disheartening to read.
    I was so hoping EA got it right this time. We will see.............
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    kirby356 wrote: »
    Meanwhile at EA...
    I_don't_care.gif
    because...
    giphy.gif
    Don't give EA too much credit. I believe with the sales of this game, EA will be looking more like this:
    No_Money.gif

Not if the return policy 'accidentally' breaks lol
  • Options
    CipherMandyCipherMandy Posts: 524 Member
    A brand spanking new game release has *overly dramatic GAAAAAAAASP* BUGS!?! Say it ain't so!!!

All joking aside, there's no excuse for bad CC look a like babies. I had nightmares about my demon babies from The Sims 3 because of one plummity plum shirt. This shouldn't be happening in the game.
  • Options
    VonSimsVonSims Posts: 186 Member
    VonSims wrote: »
    OMG! The baby looks terrifying.
    YOU THINK THAT LOOKS TERRIFYING?!??!
    dhfsqs.jpg
    17qkgylm0h5gojpg.jpg
    WHAT ABOUT THIS? What is this ABOMINATION?

OMG!!! I've never experienced these types of glitches THANK GOD!

• Options
    LucusSimmsLucusSimms Posts: 108 Member
    Meanwhile at EA...
    I_don't_care.gif
    because...
    giphy.gif
    No_Money.gif

Don't kid yourself. If there's anything I've learned throughout my life is this: there's always an alternative. And EA knows where the money is at.
    "Knowledge is Power."
    "Walk softly and carry a big gun."
    "Never Compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon."
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    OMG! The baby looks terrifying.
    YOU THINK THAT LOOKS TERRIFYING?!??!
    dhfsqs.jpg
    17qkgylm0h5gojpg.jpg
    WHAT ABOUT THIS? What is this ABOMINATION?

OMG!!! I've never experienced these types of glitches THANK GOD!

The first may because the graphics card isn't up to par
    The 2nd one is bad CC, that is very well known outfit

• Options
    JaynulFreshJaynulFresh Posts: 12 New Member
    UGh I hated those baby glitches in the sims 3 it only started happening to me when I got more CC. Luckily though other than that the game ran smooth and bug free for me. I shall just knock on wood because I am getting the game tomorrow I will report back.
  • Options
    Jazzy6897Jazzy6897 Posts: 337 Member
    The clipping is bad, but I can l live with it. But something I don't think I'll be able to live with are those baby glitches! They scare the plum out of me! I've always hated glitches in The Sims 3 because they scared me and I was afraid to play the game. Now they're back! :scream: I just hope I don't see any once I play the Sims 4.

Origin ID: Jazzy6897 Happy Simming! :)
  • Options
    BonnieQ1BonnieQ1 Posts: 18 New Member
    These pics are breaking my heart. I know you all will think I'm a fool for saying this, but I really am still holding onto the notion that clipping will at least be fixed by a patch. There are so many things I'm crossing my fingers for. And those S3 pics are nothing compared to what we've seen in S4 so far. My S3 Sims have never blatantly walked through objects or other Sims.
  • Options
    LavenderZayLavenderZay Posts: 710 Member
    Those are some bad glitches. EA shouldn't be selling TS4 for $70 with a quality like that!
  • Options
    RainbowSimRainbowSim Posts: 76 Member
    I am sure many will disagree, but there were many horrible bugs in TS3 and if clipping is the biggest bug, not a big deal to me (in comparison to freezing, crashing, etc...)
  • Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    LucusSimms wrote: »
    Meanwhile at EA...
    I_don't_care.gif
    because...
    giphy.gif
    No_Money.gif

Don't kid yourself. If there's anything I've learned throughout my life is this: there's always an alternative. And EA knows where the money is at.
    You think this game will do well in sales? Regardless of what the sales are, it will never surpass the sales of TS1, TS2, or TS3. Of course EA will make their money, by being 🐸🐸🐸🐸, and cheating people out of it (the botched return policy). But they're still up in the ranks of worst company in America, and with all the bad press about this game, I'm sure they'll win that award for the third time.
  • Options
    RainbowSimRainbowSim Posts: 76 Member
    Mylita wrote: »
    I think clipping is a feature and is the way EA solved the 'stuck sims'/routing problems. I don't think it is something that will be fixed.

Mylita

That was my initial thought too...it is actually helpful (no stuck sims).
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top