Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA never FIXED the severe CLIPPING (and other bugs)

Comments

• kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    kirby356 wrote: »
    keyb0x wrote: »
    #clippinggate2014 please use this tag if you've been seriously effected by the clippings of these game. Clippings can have sharp vertices, and cause serious pain when coming into contact with them. Let us all tell it to the man. We will be heard!
    So let me get this straight. You think the clipping in this game is acceptable? You think that this is okay?
    @Super_King, how in the hell was that abusive? And why would you flag it as such?
  • toxictwinkietoxictwinkie Posts: 20 New Member
    Personally, yes the clipping issue isn't a great introduction but its not a game changer for me. I mean there is a potential for much worse bugs and glitches than this. Though in saying that is does proves that this game is a rushed product D: *Grumble
    I mean there is a potential for much worse bugs and glitches than this.
    You mean like this?
    09-02-14_12-27nbspAM_zps37b63429.png
    NY8BUuh.jpg

• Kamb64Kamb64 Posts: 2,546 Member
    I just have to say how disappointed I am in seeing how bad the clipping really is in this game. I haven't bought it yet, still thinking.

as an aside though, none, and I mean none of my babies in Sims 3 ever looked like that. I wonder why EA would release the game in this condition? Surely they tested it. Or not.
    edited September 2014
    Okay, that is horrid. Unacceptable EA!
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Kamb, yea some of us experienced the weird stretched freak babies in sims 3. I still do at times. Last month my sim put the toddler to bed and she stretched/stood in bed. lol Freaked me out. And when the kids become teens, they do some weird stretching mess too, then become normal again....

As far as bugs, is it just clipping and freak babies EA need to fix? Or is there more?
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    The giraffe and trash can are too cute!
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • keyb0xkeyb0x Posts: 1,641 Member
    Kamb64 wrote: »
    I just have to say how disappointed I am in seeing how bad the clipping really is in this game. I haven't bought it yet, still thinking.

as an aside though, none, and I mean none of my babies in Sims 3 ever looked like that. I wonder why EA would release the game in this condition? Surely they tested it. Or not.

But it really isn't that bad. They're showing the worst possible examples of it and making it seem like it happens all the time. That's just not the case. I'll say 9 times out of 10 a sim will NOT completely clip through another one due to routing. I've yet to see severe clipping through entire objects yet, too. Only seen it on that one LB and no one seems to have screen shots of that occurring elsewhere either.
  • Angeleyeswi69Angeleyeswi69 Posts: 104 Member
    I am having the exact same problem with the babies. I do wonder however, is this based on the digital download, which is how I downloaded the game, or is it from the disc as well?
  • keyb0xkeyb0x Posts: 1,641 Member
    I am having the exact same problem with the babies. I do wonder however, is this based on the digital download, which is how I downloaded the game, or is it from the disc as well?

That glitch will happen regardless of what medium you have it on.
    edited September 2014
    [@Angeleyeswi69 said:
    I am having the exact same problem with the babies. I do wonder however, is this based on the digital download, which is how I downloaded the game, or is it from the disc as well?"/]

Possibly your PC specs/Video card or just EA in general :P
  • Super_KingSuper_King Posts: 33 New Member
    5 hours into the game... no clipping. I haven't seen anyone clip through anything. I have had a couple times where they drop all of their queued actions, a couple instances of progress bars staying in place, easily fixed with a menu change.

Nothing extreme. I did have a family that was a young adult female with a child and teenager daughter, didn't like that so I deleted the offspring with TestingCheats. So far, great addition to the Sims series.
  • Kamb64Kamb64 Posts: 2,546 Member
    Kamb, yea some of us experienced the weird stretched freak babies in sims 3. I still do at times. Last month my sim put the toddler to bed and she stretched/stood in bed. lol Freaked me out. And when the kids become teens, they do some weird stretching mess too, then become normal again....

As far as bugs, is it just clipping and freak babies EA need to fix? Or is there more?

Ah, sorry to hear about some of the Sims 3 babies. I wish I could fix it for Sims 3 and Sims 4. I want people to love the games. I would freak out if my sim had a baby and it looked like that...

I just hope everyone having issues is reporting it in the bug thread.
    edited September 2014

Ah, sorry to hear about some of the Sims 3 babies. I wish I could fix it for Sims 3 and Sims 4. I want people to love the games. I would freak out if my sim had a baby and it looked like that...

The difference between TS3 baby/toddler bug, and TS4 baby bug, is that TS3 bug was because of bad CC. The bug was non existent in the vanilla base game. TS4 however, has this bug in the vanilla base game. It's a much bigger issue, and an unacceptable on at that.
  • ameekabrambleameekabramble Posts: 190 Member

The difference between TS3 baby/toddler bug, and TS4 baby bug, is that TS3 bug was because of bad CC. The bug was non existent in the vanilla base game. TS4 however, has this bug in the vanilla base game. It's a much bigger issue, and an unacceptable on at that.

The stretch toddler bug was in the vanilla base game of Sims 3, and it had nothing to do with having bad CC. It was because the toddlers were trying to watch tv and something wasn't skinned/animated correctly for them to do so. It happened in many people's games, including my own.
    Origin ID: libraryrose4
  • ameekabrambleameekabramble Posts: 190 Member
    The clipping looks bad. I haven't seen it in action in my game yet, because I only had the chance to play for a few hours and have to work today.
    But I have to say, I have been playing the heck out of the Sims 2 for the past month, (sims 2 has adorable toddlers!) and as much as I love that game, it also has clipping problems. I had two sims standing on top of each other yesterday like it was nothing.
    It's annoying, but for myself, it's not game breaking. And I don't think it's unusual. It happens in so many different kinds of games.
    Origin ID: libraryrose4

Ah, sorry to hear about some of the Sims 3 babies. I wish I could fix it for Sims 3 and Sims 4. I want people to love the games. I would freak out if my sim had a baby and it looked like that..

The stretch toddler bug was in the vanilla base game of Sims 3, and it had nothing to do with having bad CC. It was because the toddlers were trying to watch tv and something wasn't skinned/animated correctly for them to do so. It happened in many people's games, including my own.

Not true. Bad CC called "shymoo" and "Nkd" were articles of clothing that was available

Not true. The bad CC was called "shymoo" and "Nkd", and was improperly meshed for toddlers and babies, causing the crazy bug. The vanilla base game had no such bug.
  • mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,215 Member
    @Kirby356 - I'm sorry but ameekabramble is correct about the Vanilla Base Game bug involving the Toddlers. This does not mean you are incorrect. Just to be perfectly clear, the Base Game Toddler Glitch and the one shown up above are similar but not exactly the same.

In the Base Game glitch the Toddler is still mostly intact except for being elongated, it is still recognizable. The TS4 glitch is closer to TS3 CC glitch where the toddler is totally disrupted and almost unrecognizable.

I have put together an example of the Base Game glitch and posted it on my Flickr account to show the exact stages of the glitch. I have also included a snapshot of my Launcher for this game so the version can be seen. (I play a totally Vanilla game on one PC & a Fully Updated one on another for various reasons) Anyhow, here's the link:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/66682158@N03/sets/72157647181939335/
    mw1525 wrote: »
    @Kirby356 - I'm sorry but ameekabramble is correct about the Vanilla Base Game bug involving the Toddlers. This does not mean you are incorrect. Just to be perfectly clear, the Base Game Toddler Glitch and the one shown up above are similar but not exactly the same.

In the Base Game glitch the Toddler is still mostly intact except for being elongated, it is still recognizable. The TS4 glitch is closer to TS3 CC glitch where the toddler is totally disrupted and almost unrecognizable.

I have put together an example of the Base Game glitch and posted it on my Flickr account to show the exact stages of the glitch. I have also included a snapshot of my Launcher for this game so the version can be seen. (I play a totally Vanilla game on one PC & a Fully Updated one on another for various reasons) Anyhow, here's the link:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/66682158@N03/sets/72157647181939335/
    Yeah I know that the really tall toddler glitch was from the base game. I'm talking about the crazy monster toddler glitch that was brought in by bad CC. This new TS4 baby glitch is almost identical to that. Regardless, EA never learned from their mistakes.
  • SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    To make a thread complaining about glitches is ridiculous so early in the game after launch because obviously there are going to be initial glitches that will no doubt be sorted out as soon as possible to do so. If you were feeling excited and positive about this game, you would take an entirely different perspective on these glitches and see them for what they are - initial glitches which will be looked at and fixed and in doing so would find them easier to overlook.

Yes, some glitches in Sims 3 never seemed to be removed, I know - there was an awful lot of content in Sims 3 which 'could' go wrong. But you know deep down that these early glitches in Sims 4 will be looked at.

The chances are that you are focussing on any problems you can find to help you deal with your own disappointment with the game. By doing this you will obviously feel better and less alone.
    smoogie wrote: »
    Saw this while viewing on my Ipad but now I'm on my PC I can see it better. That is really creepy! I haven't seen anything like that in a game in years. I think some of the pets in TS3 had a few funny animations but they are often rare, as is one store 🐸🐸🐸🐸 looks weird from a distance but that would horrify even the most Hardcore of Simmers!
    The babies were creepy enough as they are, but this is terrifying. It reminds of that bug in TS3 where the toddlers and babies would spazz out like they were having a seizure. Now that was from bad CC. But the fact that this is from a vanilla base game, is concerning.

Oh come on! These glitches are not 'terrifying'. How old are you? Three? You're a big boy now, you can cope with these glitches!
  • LynxAQLynxAQ Posts: 222 Member
    Far more disturbing is the fact that the exact same bug that was present in Sims 3 is now in Sims 4 - the exorcist babies/toddlers - and what this indicates immediately is that coding from Sims 3 was COPIED and PASTED directly into Sims 4 from Sims 3. This is simply unacceptable lazy programming. You can not defend this. What other coding that may pose future problems was just copied and pasted from Sims 3.
    LynxAQ wrote: »
    Far more disturbing is the fact that the exact same bug that was present in Sims 3 is now in Sims 4 - the exorcist babies/toddlers - and what this indicates immediately is that coding from Sims 3 was COPIED and PASTED directly into Sims 4 from Sims 3. This is simply unacceptable lazy programming. You can not defend this. What other coding that may pose future problems was just copied and pasted from Sims 3.

Is this bug still in Sims 3? It's certainly not in my game. Are you saying that they lazily and rather stupidly copied a bug from some 'old' out of date coding rather than any more recent coding put in to replace the bug?

• sddormesddorme Posts: 269 Member
    I mean I guess I don't look as in-depth as a lot of other people do, but I haven't noticed clipping or anything. The game has been running so smoothly for me. No routing issues, either, or "musical chairs".

The only actual bug I've actively noticed is that demonic baby thing that happened both times in my game, which will obviously be fixed by EA in the next patch.
    _sidebar7.gif
  • cale2003cale2003 Posts: 2,802 Member
    Thats ok, I wasnt going to sleep tonight anyways
    PC Specs:
    Asus ROG GL753VE-BS71 17.3 inch
    Intel Core i7 7700HQ 2.8-3.8GHz
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    128GB SSD
    1TB 7200RPM HDD
    NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050 TI 4GB
    6685561181.png
    Rogers Ignite 70u internet