Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA never FIXED the severe CLIPPING (and other bugs)

Comments

• Options
    ToblieToblie Posts: 3,099 Member
    Most of the horror babies and bad lots in this thread are from bad cc.
    But can we talk about the 69 push up picture! What the heck?!
  • Options
    dmel25dmel25 Posts: 1,514 Member
    I'm not going to lie, a sim going through another sim does not bother me. I play WoW I'm used to characters ghosting through each other all nice and creepy-like. But I can definitely see why it bothers most people.

However, I dislike that they go through objects such as couches and bars. Or are 'unaware' of sims already sitting in a seat. That bothers me...
    Instead of fixing routing properly, they seem to have gone the lazy way. It WORKS but it doesn't mean we HAVE to like it.

*sigh* Learning from their mistakes my 🐸🐸🐸🐸.

WoW is an MMO, people HAVE to be able to go through each other. otherwise no one could get anywhere... This is the Sims, which is a single player game, and therefore the clipping should NOT be this bad.

In fact I think this clipping just shows how they planned for this game to be an online game.
  • Options
    smoogiesmoogie Posts: 2,374 Member
    JohnConnor wrote: »
    Plumming 🐸🐸🐸🐸! Dioxins in Willow Creek's water supply? C'mon, Ea, just fix the plumming game already, why don't ya?

I see what you did there!
  • Options
    smoogiesmoogie Posts: 2,374 Member
    Toblie wrote: »

As I said earlier, a new Woohoo option? :D
  • Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited September 2014
    Vlaxitov wrote: »

No no, the pics of TS3 graphical glitches people are responding with.
    Oh! Yeah it's bad CC.
  • Options
    UltraUltra Posts: 826 Member
    munchie885 wrote: »
    VonSims wrote: »
    OMG! The baby looks terrifying.
    YOU THINK THAT LOOKS TERRIFYING?!??!
    dhfsqs.jpg
    17qkgylm0h5gojpg.jpg
    WHAT ABOUT THIS? What is this ABOMINATION?

Please make it stop EA... please...
    tumblr_lx6ogyiu1O1r4kfic.gif
    I think this happened because of bad CC which would explain a lot since I never had this happen in my game.

If it didn't happen due to bad CC then expect a lot more of this.

Can't speak for the other pics but the babies and the one with the two sims doing push ups on top of eachother are from my game...and i have no cc. So far i have not downloaded anything from the Gallery

• Options
    MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    kirby356 wrote: »
    DimitraG wrote: »
    Like @Mylita said, clipping is probably part of the new path system, and i guess it's better to have them walk right through each other than have them freeze for no reason, Besides, let's look on the bright side, severe clipping can turn out to be quite amusing at times, i have a lot of screenshots from TS3 to prove my point :p
    But what I can never understand is why they have to resort to clipping, to fix the routing issues? In TS2, I have rarely experienced severe routing issues like TS3, yet there was barely any clipping. So why can't they recreate AI, like they did 10 years ago? Makes no sense.

I agree, they should be able to do better. But, I don't think they did and this is just left over from the online version.

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • Options
    ToblieToblie Posts: 3,099 Member
    smoogie wrote: »
    Toblie wrote: »

As I said earlier, a new Woohoo option? :D

Gross lol. I just can't get over it
  • Options
    JennaBean93JennaBean93 Posts: 84 Member
    What in the name of Will Wright is that!!! Never seen it in my game once!

i'm actually curling over at "what in the name of will wright?!" images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQXJdCpLcoeDRqLDNqRLdGhZlXuKcTh8i-zqul43qZcIAE_PtZN_g
    karlpilkingtonplz.png?1
  • Options
    UltraUltra Posts: 826 Member
    Mylita wrote: »
    There is some cc already available, so it is possible that cc is the cause. How do we know if the poster isn't using something like replacement eye colors or some such? It could be that is truly in a vanilla game, but do we know that for sure?

Mylita

Im not using any cc...truely vanilla ;)
  • Options
    robotpanda34robotpanda34 Posts: 3,387 Member
    Screenshot-157-1.jpg008dwfxk
  • Options
    JayedTadaSkierJayedTadaSkier Posts: 817 Member
    This reminds me of a glitch I'd get in Shang Simla where my sims would just run straight through the walls of the gardens. Multiple times. Through the lakes too.
  • Options
    LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    -.- Was there ever a doubt? Let the umpteen patches begin!
  • Options
    MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Mylita wrote: »
    There is some cc already available, so it is possible that cc is the cause. How do we know if the poster isn't using something like replacement eye colors or some such? It could be that is truly in a vanilla game, but do we know that for sure?

Mylita

Im not using any cc...truely vanilla ;)

Then that is truly disgusting!! Simply should not happen in a vanilla game!

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • Options
    Super_KingSuper_King Posts: 33 New Member
    OP thank you so much for this post. I am cancelling my preorder, you have shown me the light.

lol
  • Options
    UtaDagdaUtaDagda Posts: 1,556 Member
    I ahave no bugs; no glitches an d no lag and nocrashehs like I did with TS3# base and and it runs smooth onm;y lap top an7d the game play is much better. playing a n;d streaming fo r som e hours now and all so theers so much st uff to do on this :mrgreen: I like the secert area I found.
    Love The Sims? SIMMERSE YOURSELF. Join our community.
    I gave up singing. Sorry.
    Here have my luchADORE to cheer you up.
    luchad.pngluucha.gif
  • Options
    InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    edited September 2014
    Ultra wrote: »
    munchie885 wrote: »
    VonSims wrote: »
    OMG! The baby looks terrifying.
    YOU THINK THAT LOOKS TERRIFYING?!??!
    dhfsqs.jpg
    17qkgylm0h5gojpg.jpg
    WHAT ABOUT THIS? What is this ABOMINATION?

Please make it stop EA... please...
    tumblr_lx6ogyiu1O1r4kfic.gif
    I think this happened because of bad CC which would explain a lot since I never had this happen in my game.

If it didn't happen due to bad CC then expect a lot more of this.

Can't speak for the other pics but the babies and the one with the two sims doing push ups on top of eachother are from my game...and i have no cc. So far i have not downloaded anything from the Gallery

I figured as much, nasty bugs are rearing their ugly head literally. All I can hope is for folks like you enjoying the game it can be fixed asap.
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    kirby356 wrote: »
    Saw this while viewing on my Ipad but now I'm on my PC I can see it better. That is really creepy! I haven't seen anything like that in a game in years. I think some of the pets in TS3 had a few funny animations but they are often rare, as is one store 🐸🐸🐸🐸 looks weird from a distance but that would horrify even the most Hardcore of Simmers!
    The babies were creepy enough as they are, but this is terrifying. It reminds of that bug in TS3 where the toddlers and babies would spazz out like they were having a seizure. Now that was from bad CC. But the fact that this is from a vanilla base game, is concerning.

That happend in my game and I used no CC.
  • Options
    InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    The fact that that is happening without CC is not good and needs to be addressed.
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • Options
    PixelsSquaredPixelsSquared Posts: 3,265 Member
    1h8o6x.jpg
    65c4a35400c83eacbf1d4d60cc38141285712764.png
    funny-game-glitch-sims-face-scary.jpg
    seSag.jpg
    j0i8vd.jpg
    funny-game-glitch-sims-black.jpg
    ZHJMcUxiZ00yZUUx_o_sims-3-funny-dog-glitch-1.jpg
    tumblr_lwbxbuH6sg1qju6n5o1_500.png
    4538352+_ee7c40efe101c6666b032e0de2cc223f.png

Most, if not all, of these glitches weren't caused by bad CC. TS3 had some of it's own nasty glitches too.

ypU37gD.gif
    Pricefield forever.
    Time Won't Keep Us Apart - A story.
    MTS: SimsForever15 | Origin: vba152318 | Paradox: PixelsSquared | Simblr: PixelsSquared
  • Options
    LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    The fact that that is happening without CC is not good and needs to be addressed.

EA is just going to sweep it under the rug and patch the game to death like they did with Sims 3. If we don't get a modder like Twallan, I have no hope this game is going to run as smoothly as it should for everyone.

• Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    After seeing the pics of the demon baby, it is a good thing Sims can no longer get scared.

scared-couch.gif
  • Options
    fede1408uyfede1408uy Posts: 141 Member
    thise babys are creepy and hilarious lol
    tumblr_m83xdxb9Ee1qza4gto1_500_zps5fc3dacb.gif
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Meanwhile at EA...
    I_don't_care.gif
    because...
    [img]http://stream1.🐸🐸🐸🐸.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1696880_o.gif[/img]
    They are sleeping good tonight
    [giphy.gif
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    sims152318 wrote: »
    Most, if not all, of these glitches weren't caused by bad CC. TS3 had some of it's own nasty glitches too.

Skeptical of that since I would think I'd have had at least one of these problems as much TS3 as I've played.

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top