Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA never FIXED the severe CLIPPING (and other bugs)

Comments

• Stormowl5Stormowl5 Posts: 21 Member
    I've been gaming for years. I figure if the game didn't have glitches, it would be unnatural because they usually do have a few so I'm expecting it. If it's more than 10%, then I'd get upset over it and assume they rushed when they should've waited. Part of experience of being first in line.

From some of the glitches I've just seen, I think it would be awesome to have a sim that turned into a monster. Only thing that would make it perfect is if they started eating other sims LOL.
  • kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    RainbowSim wrote: »
    I am sure many will disagree, but there were many horrible bugs in TS3 and if clipping is the biggest bug, not a big deal to me (in comparison to freezing, crashing, etc...)
    So you'll pay $70 for this horrid clipping? I just don't understand why anyone would settle for this. It just gives EA the message that what they're doing is okay, when it isn't.
  • KittenkissKittenkiss Posts: 1,047 Member
    I am sure many will disagree, but there were many horrible bugs in TS3 and if clipping is the biggest bug, not a big deal to me (in comparison to freezing, crashing, etc...)

Problem is, if poopooing Sims 3 is the best marketing for the Sims 4, it really doesn't say much about the new game at all.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

For $70 you shouldn't be dealing with any of it. That is my point. It's lame, no matter who wants to try to justify it.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Stormowl5 wrote: »
    I've been gaming for years. I figure if the game didn't have glitches, it would be unnatural because they usually do have a few so I'm expecting it. If it's more than 10%, then I'd get upset over it and assume they rushed when they should've waited. Part of experience of being first in line.

From some of the glitches I've just seen, I think it would be awesome to have a sim that turned into a monster. Only thing that would make it perfect is if they started eating other sims LOL.

:\ Beyond words for me to reply.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Cinebar wrote: »

I just can't with some of these people. How is any of this justifiable? How can anyone excuse this stuff? I swear some of these people are worse than Beliebers! Excusing EA's BS no matter what. Smfh...
  • Super_KingSuper_King Posts: 33 New Member
    I bet kirby has the game preordered and is playing it tonite.
    They're either marketing people, or experiencing cognitive dissonance, lol.
  • DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    Sims with reduced collision detection is now a 'feature'? Wow. It would be nice if they had the talent to fix routing issues, not create work arounds.
    kirby356 wrote: »

I just can't with some of these people. How is any of this justifiable? How can anyone excuse this stuff? I swear some of these people are worse than Beliebers! Excusing EA's BS no matter what. Smfh...

My favorite is the 'clipping is a helpful feature'. Sad thing is, it's probably a necessary feature at this point. Pathetic if the scenes of clipping are as common as some claim.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • CapraCorn104CapraCorn104 Posts: 1,184 Member

Because a lot of people don't only play the sims and know that clipping is a common thing in 3D games?? It's not justifiable, but it's not like it's super uncommon either. Even Skyrim and GTA V had their share of terrible clipping. Especially Skyrim, the bugs that came out when it was released made.
    > @Kittenkiss said:
    > They're either marketing people, or experiencing cognitive dissonance, lol.

Because everyone is like you and has to be nitpicky and petty.

I'll be playing it in a couple hours.
    People make allowances for Skyrim because it's a HUGE, complex game. It's also not the same genre of Sims. Sims is a people simulator. If people aren't simulated right, well, it's kinda lame. Especially when we were told that loading screens etc were placed in to make it run great.

I fail to see the comparison, really.
  • Jazzy6897Jazzy6897 Posts: 337 Member
    So you'll pay $70 for this horrid clipping? I just don't understand why anyone would settle for this. It just gives EA the message that what they're doing is okay, when it isn't.

The clipping may be a HUGE deal to you and others, but not to everyone. A lot of people don't even mind the clipping. And others are upset about it but don't make a huge deal out of it.They're not paying $70 for the "horrid clipping", but for a game they think looks cool.

Origin ID: Jazzy6897 Happy Simming! :)
  • SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    yikes! I'll keep a eye out on that
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
    Super_King wrote: »
    > @Kittenkiss said:<br />
    > They're either marketing people, or experiencing cognitive dissonance, lol.<br />
    <br />
    Because everyone is like you and has to be nitpicky and petty.<br />
    <br />

It's not petty or nitpicky. Also, name calling isn't nice.
    Kittenkiss wrote: »
    People make allowances for Skyrim because it's a HUGE, complex game. It's also not the same genre of Sims. Sims is a people simulator. If people aren't simulated right, well, it's kinda lame. Especially when we were told that loading screens etc were placed in to make it run great.

Tell that to the people comparing The Sims 4 (a simulator/sand-box) to GTA 5 (a Action-adventure).
    > They're either marketing people, or experiencing cognitive dissonance, lol.<br />
    <br />
    <br />

You don't like being called petty or nitpicky for complaing about clipping, and we don't like being called sheep just because we want to try the game. Yet people still do it, because they can get away with it. They don't care if it's not nice.

Tell that to the people comparing The Sims 4 (a simulator/sand-box) to GTA 5 (a Action-adventure).
    <br />
    <br />

You don't like being called petty or nitpicky for complaing about clipping, and we don't like being called sheep just because we want to try the game. Yet people still do it, because they can get away with it. They don't care if it's not nice.

Pardon? I haven called anyone anything. Ever.

<br />
    <br />

I was saying in general.
    > @Kittenkiss said:
    > Super_King wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It's not petty or nitpicky. Also, name calling isn't nice.

I didn't call you any names? I described attitudes.
    > Super_King wrote: »<br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > It's not petty or nitpicky. Also, name calling isn't nice.<br />
    <br />

<br />
    <br />

I was saying in general.

Wait. So I can be calked 'nitpicky' and 'petty' for expressing a polite opinion, just because someone else 'in general' has been rude? Right.

> <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    <br />

<br />
    <br />

I was saying in general.

Wait. So I can be calked 'nitpicky' and 'petty' for expressing a polite opinion, just because someone else 'in general' has been rude? Right.
    Are you completely misinterperting the discussion or is it just me? People in general call others ship/haters/nitpicky/petty/ect. They don't care if it's rude, they don't care if the opinion was polite or not, they still can call you want you want and have almost nothing done to them. It's part of being on a forum like this.
  • sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
    wow!!!! well I'll be dern!!!!
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    <br />

<br />
    <br />

I was saying in general.

Are you completely misinterperting the discussion or is it just me? People in general call others ship/haters/nitpicky/petty/ect. They don't care if it's rude, they don't care if the opinion was polite or not, they still can call you want you want and have almost nothing done to them. It's part of being on a forum like this.

Yes, and I can choose to express my displeasure at being mistreated. Being a rude provides NOTHING productive to the forum.

I really don't care what 'everyone else does'. I don't call people names, and I stand up for myself.

No big deal. I will have forgotten by tomorrow. ;)
    I bet kirby has the game preordered and is playing it tonite.
    LOL you wish!

4e48044c-3927-4f9c-937a-c95147e56ece_zps75332b36.jpg?t=1409623786

• MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    While I think the clipping is EA's way to fix routing issues, it doesn't mean that I like it. But, I don't think it will be changed, simply because EA feels it has fixed the issues of stuck sims and routing issues. I don't believe our complaints will cause them to resolve this problem. EA doesn't see this as a problem, but as a 'feature'. Maybe in TS5, it will be different...... Not holding my breath though.

I'm not defending EA at all. I think it is a cop out solution. They could do better, but they won't.

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top