Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

❀ Beach City =]

Comments

• Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    edited January 2014
    Hey Rflong!

Glad to hear it's coming along! You seem pleased! That world looks GORGEOUS!!! :shock: :shock:

I have a question as I am waiting for you to really finish to download and really just dig in and play so I can't check myself yet. Are any of those lots on the ocean 40x20 past the boardwalk towards the SLT themed island? I ask because I had built one in RH, the only place that would let me put down at 40x20 in edit town. Well for some reason where the roads are close to the ocean in this world on the barrier islands they don't route properly so that gorgeous house and the adjacent (in the same modern style) apartment building on the ocean has the same issue and their difficult to play with. My kids never get to school on time and in turn their dad (Department Head) comes outside to scold his child for not being to school. While that's a cute feature, it's annoying because it's not intended.

So anyhow both lots were hours worth of work so I'm hoping to find use for them in BC. I wish I had though of it I would have uploaded them for you, however I only made them with RH in mind so their very recent. And both useless as 40x20 doesn't work anywhere else on the beachfront in that world. Such a bummer. I have to rebuild and downsize to a 30x20 size which is the last thing I want to do! :x :x :x
  • Options
    Catdog123Catdog123 Posts: 1,024 Member
    edited January 2014
    Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone else who was testing this world was unable to use the "Play in Ocean" interaction on any of the beaches. The interaction where Sims will stand in knee deep water and splash each other or bring a toddler in the ocean with them. I tested it on the main beach with the pier, on the island resort's beach and that beach house on the island near the resort. The interaction either cancels or I get a pop up saying that the water is not shallow enough and to try another coastline. I tried softening the terrain to make it less steep and more shallow and that did not seem to have an affect on it. This interaction works in other worlds I have installed so was surprised to see it not work here. This is not game breaking just a little disappointing.

That aside this is one of the most stunning worlds I have ever seen and runs so smooth for a world its' size. I checked out the new toy store lot and its adorable, think my favorite is the farmers market though. All of the lots you mentioned having store content show up for me. Rflong, you are truly a gem for the Sims community and cant wait for the official release. I see many of my Sims moving to Beach City. :mrgreen:
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited January 2014
    Hi :D

I've never tried that interaction- Thanks for letting me know. I'll look into it. :shock:

Sorry, there aren't any lots going into the ocean that are 20x40. :(
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited January 2014
    CatDog, as I do not play with the sims that have families when I am testing - I have not tried that in here. My sims all swim with no problems and do everything on the beach they do in any world - but that one thing I have not tried. I do add sims with families to test schools and things, but just watch them - I don't interact with them other than assign after school activites. My actual tester sims are high skilled single WA's as working with families slows down testing for me something awful. Sims kids are time consumers. hehehe. I will eventually play families in here when I am just playing. Perhaps one of the other testers knows that one.

Rflong I am pretty sure everything is showing up - but I am questioning the Bot emporium - is that supposed to be an empty lot - 30 x 40 I believe it was. I am assuming it is as mine is empty. I also did not see the rollercoaster lot, but I did see the "coming soon" lot was now 64 x 64 - so if that is what I was supposed to see then I saw that with the construction stuff still there, right?

I did see the Clam Shack - so cute, the toy store - I chuckled over the miniature graveyard in the store - it must be a Goth Childs toy - oh and what kid doesn't like bigfoot spying on them when they are playing in the playground. I laughed out loud at that when I pictured a kid age Liam with a coward trait diddly bopping over to play in the toy store play ground and then catch site of the big foot. Oh yeah. I am back aging Liam and adding him just for the joy it will give me.

I looked all over the place for any boats looping but did not see any - as there were not a lot of boats on the water yet in this new version - but I did have my sims take boats from all the beach areas I could find and he had no issues anywhere - so hopefully that is gone.

But I went in just about every community lot and park I could find and everything appears to be where it should be, so I am thinking all store stuff is present and accounted for. That is unless I was supposed to see an actual bot shop or the rollercoaster, then those two things I did not see - just where they are meant to be.

But running nice and smooth as ever. I tested with my sim Angel who is in the military (a 9th level almost astronaut and a 7th level in all instruments weekend musician as well) - and he had no trouble going to work. I place him and his little apt over on the empty 20 x 30 lot in the warehouse district so he had to travel a bit and the car pool took him there. So yes military base is working.

Another reason I used Angel is he is a 4 star celeb as well so even when the paparazzi follow him everywhere I had no issues at all.

It does take a little bit of time to save - but half of that has to be the size and the other half has to be all the spawning going on. My sim only works 3 days a week so I had to play 6 days to make sure the military was fixed now, as I did not trust just one trip. But he did his 3 days with no problem going to work at all.

Hopefully I checked everything you needed to know - but nothing seems missing to me.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited January 2014
    I usually test with a single Sim or couple myself. My Sim gained a want to play in the ocean when I was testing the beach. So I had him try it and it canceled and gave the pop up so I got curious about the toddler version of the interaction and switched to a family with one. I thought it was really weird since they can go into the water and swim.

I have to say the amusement park under construction was a brilliant idea for a place holder. So much more effort than just plopping down a blank lot. I was half tempted to leave it alone cause I kinda like the idea of a construction lot but think I am going to work on modernizing the boardwalk lot to fit in Beach City well that or build my own. My grabby hands are ready for the new awesome world.
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Thanks for checking!

~ I left the bot lot empty because I knew that Rukaya doesn't have ITF yet. I did have it placed and removed/edited it so the cars where on the lot... thought it'd be easier for people who don't have the last expansion yet.

~ I didn't build a roller coaster lot. Well, I did build about 5 of them but none of them looked right (I actually don't like having to have the roller coaster going all over the lot just to make it fun, it was annoying me to no end with the posts) so, I left it available for people to place their favorite roller coaster lot- might even link to the Store builds for people to find a player made lot. :D

~ I've checked and the dang beaches have to have a certain slope into the water but I'm not seeing it. I might have to make the water edge deeper to give it the shallow part... which means I'll have to redo the whole coastline.
    But first... to make a beach with the interaction. :lol:

This world loves meh. :lol:
  • Options
    LaurenciusLaurencius Posts: 63 Member
    edited January 2014
    Hi. I made a household that you can use for your world:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7948500

No CC.

Aurelien Chapardeur immigrated from Champ Les Sims because he wanted to be more than just a pickpocket of tourists. He met the love of his life, Hyacinthe, and they began a family and a home. Aurelien is a bad boy. He isn't mean, but he is a thief by nature. Hyacinthe is the opposite, though she likes her bad boy, she is a straight-laced intellectual who wants to work as a teacher. Evan is their son, and the clown of the class at school.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    That is what I thought - I just wasn't sure. So it looks like everything is there.

I know that interaction Catdog speaks of is in IP as that is the only place I ever tried that or where I sometimes see the game sims playing with their own toddlers so I assume when the Sims team came up with that interaction they designed it in there and made sure it worked in SSV too. I honestly have never seen any sims play with their toddlers on their own in the water in any other worlds I have been playing or testing. I really haven't played any families since IP came out as I have been pretty busy between testing worlds, reinstalling everything, and putting sims through Uni when I do play or doing things with sims with the ITF world that has so far just involved single sims. I don't think it is that important to do a whole new coastline myself though as it is just a single reaction and this world does every thing else. Bit that is just me. I mean how much do simmers even do or think of that interaction? Maybe just make one area like a "family kiddie beach" where sims can do that instead of making all beaches able if you must - but personally for me it does not really matter. I have some of EA worlds that do not do everything. Look how many don't handle IP stuff very well and EA has an entire EP for it.

I guess you could poll users if you wanted, but to me the world is perfect now and doing more just might be the proverbial "last straw". O darn sure would not like to see you go through what Mesa Valley II and LongviewII put you through just to add a little interaction like that. I think it is silly and not really a must have interaction for a world that has everything else it can possibly have. I feel you might be playing with fire if you start messing with the coastline as it seems to be doing everything else perfectly.

JUst my viewpoint of course. But I would just make the save and then in any other world you make or remake - while you are working on those just check they can do that. Do you even realize how great this world is already? Give yourself a break.

I am like you with the rollercoasters, as I made a stab at making a smaller one and couldn't seem to get it like I pictured it, so I went and downloaded 5, others have made - they are all big ones, but they all have lots of fun stuff on them to do besides the coaster and come in different colors. There is a love oriented one, a spooky oriented one, a very colorful one, a pastel colored one - well I have a good selection of them from the creative thread for the store worlds that Azn has - he also has links in that thread to all the store world creative threads. I will go get you the link if you like.

Here you go:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/729098.page

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited January 2014

Well, I can't do it. I've changed the coastline 4 different ways; lower, smoother, bigger, deeper; with a shallow area, with a deep and shallow area... and still, they won't play in the Ocean on lots.

They will play in the ocean off the lots in some places... I've even gone to where they'll play in the Ocean, placed a lot and told them to play in the ocean- No!

$#@%#@21#@!!@## (not a real curse word :shock: )- Yeah... I'm gonna leave it. The Sims can play in the Ocean off the lots, right next to the lots so that's something, I hope. :mrgreen:

screenshot_original.jpg"width=650"

Thank you very much for the household, Laurencius. I've rec'd, favorite-ed, and saved for the save file. :D

Thanks, WR. I tried Legacy Island II and my Sim did play in the Ocean on a lot I placed. Don't know why this one won't. :(
    Thanks for the link. 8)

I'm going to play some Sims 2 while I still have a little hair left on my head. *sniff* My poor almost long, almost glossy, almost all gone head of hair. ;)

... I'm getting to the point that if something else goes wrong with this world I'm gonna chuck it. The whole thing is going into the recycle bin- pictures and CAW files and all. *Then I remember I like this stuff and try to smile* :lol:
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    :shock: *whew* glad you didn't reshape the entire coastline that sounds like too much work.

- Writin, its not just a toddler interaction its also one where adults will play on their own splashing around. Have used it in other EA worlds like sunset valley and other custom worlds. However as I said earlier its not game breaking just something I noticed is all. Certainly not worth reshaping the entire coastline as that would likely cause more harm than good as you have already stated.

- It is kind of funny that they will play next to the beach though that's wonderful Sim AI for you. One of my characters drove to a weird spot to play in the water when I left him alone.

- So instead of modernizing the EA boardwalk lot I ended up making my own themed to go into Beach City. I can see the frustration with the roller coasters as it took me many hours to make it... However I am quite pleased with the results so here is a link if anyone would be interested. http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7949093 It does use some store content (obviously) but no CC used and custard checked.

- Anyway thanks for working so hard to bring us something so wonderful. You work so hard for something you don't get paid for. Hope you know how much will all appreciate your hard work.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Rflong - :shock: :lol:

Catdog - iii - thank you for sharing. Just went and downloaded and rec'd and will add to my other ones. I like having different versions so I don't have to do anything to make them look if they belong in different worlds.

Yes, isn't that always the way of the little Simmies? Try to make them do things when we want and they won't but turn our heads and give up, and they go and do what we couldn't force them to do. I swear they mock us sometimes.

I do know about the adult water playing - I have some sims that also do those in pools - but most of them do it on their own off the houseboats when I leave them swimming off the houseboat for a while. Especially sims with Childish traits (EA needs to change that to Playful I think as it is not really childish) and surprisingly sims with party related traits also seem to do those water reactions a lot on their own. I do have sims with neither traits that do as well, just not as often.

But the Simmies are just plain fickle I think and ornary at times. Pixels should listen better - we are their God after all. Shesh!!!

Poor Rflong - you try so hard to please everyone, and now look at your hair. If she only knew how very much she makes us all so happy without tearing out her hair.... a big SIGH here.

Anyway this world is beyond great Rflong... and it does not matter - besides they do it so there - on lot or off. It is accomplished.

For someone who says they are not a perfectionists and who chuckles at me for being one - I must question that. You are a closet perfectionists and will never be convinced it is perfect. Good Lord don't anyone else find anything in this world - for heaven's sake and for Rflongs. hehehe

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    Greenb70Greenb70 Posts: 1,871 Member
    edited January 2014
    Deep breaths Rflong,you are in the home stretch on this one.Not that this will help,but I too find myself needing to reinstall store stuff that seems to magically disappear.Oddly I never had this particular problem until after the patch that supposedly fixed that issue.

Catdog,thank you for sharing that lot,I will definitely need to grab that to add.
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    edited January 2014
    *claps* Go, Rflong! The updated world looks gorgeous! I'm so happy you've decided to stick with it. Just think how relieved and happy you'll be when it's transferred from beta to finished! :D
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    NilxisNilxis Posts: 596 Member
    edited January 2014
    The pictures in page 74 are more than awesome. I think it's going to be your best world and even one of the best worlds ever created :D
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Thank you all so much for encouraging me! It means so much. :hugz:

I'm working on getting all the Sims/families together and the lots listed. :mrgreen:

• Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited January 2014
    Sorry I haven't been able to contribute the sims I mentioned! I had trouble getting one of them to use a different work outfit than the Uni graduation robe and when I tried to change her outfit the game crashed on me. :(

I do have that household of YA's that have the Mermadic Kelp in their inventories already uploaded to my studio, and you're welcome to use that household if you want. They don't have to become Mermaids and I'm pretty sure they will not autonomously eat the Mermadic Kelp if no one plays them; or you can play them and delete the kelp if you want. If you can use them, they're here: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7484270

You may already have enough sims for your save game and if you do, no problem! I really wanted to share my horsey couple but I've been too slow to get them ready and the game is just not cooperating. :?

I've downloaded the new version of BC and will test it out soon - nearing the end of my Store content reinstall (thank goodness!). I will also take this opportunity to express my appreciation also, for all your hard work to make these wonderful worlds for our sims to play in. You're awesome! Thank you so much!! :D
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    edited January 2014

Thanks, Tangie. :D

I'm sure there's room for them. A horsey couple would have been great but no worries.
    Good luck on reinstalling the Store. :D
  • Options
    christinebremnerchristinebremner Posts: 3,513 Member
    edited January 2014
    Hi Rflong7! :D WOW your world is so beautiful!! :D The lots looks amazing and love the beach picture!! :D Well done on this one and all of your amazing creations! :D :thumbup:
    FEvr1sR.gif
  • Options
    SeanieRockz44SeanieRockz44 Posts: 852 New Member
    edited January 2014
    Hi Rlfong7,

A few days ago I made 5 families for you - unfortunately I forgot I had Default eye contacts installed :evil:

I took out the contacts and hopefully when I save the sims, they will export without the contacts.

If they do, unfortunately I don't have time to make them again.
  • Options
    SeanieRockz44SeanieRockz44 Posts: 852 New Member
    edited January 2014
    Sucess! They saved without the eye contacts.

The link to the families are here:
    http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/SeanieRockz44/mystudio

It's the top 4 families on my studio (the others have tons of CC.)
    I tried to mix it up a bit, not just the average family with 2 sons etc.

Hope you can use them in the world!
  • Options
    edited January 2014

Thanks so much, christinebremner. :mrgreen:

Thank you, SeanieRockz44! I'll rec, favorite, download them now. :D
  • Options
    pixiefairy25pixiefairy25 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited January 2014
    Hello! Your crab shack is adorable. I have the world and have had it for some time adding my favorite lots here and there and have been meaning to tell you just how much I absolutely love it. It truly is quite an amazing world and I appreciate all the time and detail that went into it. I especially love that there's both a beach and a lake!
    However, I don't usually play save files just because I like to populate towns all by myself with my own sims just because I think it's more fun, though infinitely more time consuming. That said, I love your crab shack and have been trying to figure out what to do with that space. Would it be possible to upload that lot independently of the save file either on the exchange or through mediafire? Just thought I'd ask. Thanks!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Hi Pixiefairy :D

Sure, I can upload it.

There are many turtle spawners on the lot (I made it as a turtle sanctuary) so if you move it or re/place/rotate it somewhere, don't forget to remove the extra spawners it'll leave. :D

*And Thank you so much! I'm really glad it's playing well. :mrgreen:
    I'll be linking to all the donated Sims so if you need more Sims (I didn't realize there were so many pages :shock: ). :D
  • Options
    edited January 2014

Here it is-
    Turtle Rock Beach -No CC
    roof_up_original.jpg

I called it a crab shack because I got the idea from a picture of a crab shack. :lol:
  • Options
    pixiefairy25pixiefairy25 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited January 2014
    Thank you! It's great!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top