Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

❀ Beach City =]

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited January 2014
    Hi :mrgreen:

Hope everyone is doing well.

@Tammyjo- He looks great~ Thank you! :D

@Daethaqt- Thanks so much! :mrgreen:

@HappySimmer - They sound great. If you have time and want to upload them- sure! :D

@pinkoranges - Wonderful! Thanks so much.

Yay~ I'm going to start downloading them and gathering them all up. :mrgreen:

• Options
    rotatarotata Posts: 180 Member
    edited January 2014
    Hi, love all your worlds. Thrilled to find Beach City and test it.
    Loaded it up with all my favorite Sims. So far, it has crashed three times. Should I be doing anything special to report that?
    Thanks for all your hard work,
    Rotata
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    rotata wrote:
    Hi, love all your worlds. Thrilled to find Beach City and test it.
    Loaded it up with all my favorite Sims. So far, it has crashed three times. Should I be doing anything special to report that?
    Thanks for all your hard work,
    Rotata

Hi, Rotata :D

I'm sorry it's crashing on you. :(
    The only things I can think that would cause it is either not having all the expansions or your computer isn't up to it.

It's a huge world in content- not just size, which can cause problems. :(

*Maybe a little more details about the crashes-

~What were you doing each time it crashed?
    >Was it the same thing?
    >Going into CAS
    >Edit world mode/Build mode?

~was it the same thing each time or the same time?

~How long did you play before it crashed?

Thanks!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    BambooEaterrrBambooEaterrr Posts: 2,831 Member
    edited January 2014
    Turns out I don't have too many actual households (and not just single sim uploads) in my studio, but I found this one:

The Midlow Household:

A YA named River Aindon Midlow who's got a little alien baby girl named Quienne :b

original.jpg

He's quite fun to play as he's got a somewhat clashing personality; rebellious and irresistible, yet very socially akward :lol: He's also hot-headed and loves photography :)

I also have him as a single sim upload (aka non-household) if you need to see more pictures (he's got a whole story there that ties in with another sim of mine, but since they're not households non of the stories will show in game, nor their skills - something I learned after uploading them LOL), in case you want to see more of what he looks like and such, just click here :)

It's actually a shame, because the sim his story is connected with would fit so well in Beach City *sighs at own ignorance about uploading* lol :P

Anyway, it's free for you to use if you want to ^^ No cc. I usually always write my name and a description in game for my uploads, but I was in a hurry at the time, so I don't know if it's so for him.

*jumps up and down in excitement at the thought of getting to play this world soon* :D:D
    I think I may just have to place my legacy in it!
  • Options
    MariesaliasMariesalias Posts: 1,954 Member
    edited January 2014
    It is a huge world and I love it! I wanted to porter my legacy family into the world but it loaded up at close to 2.5gb in Task Manager with no sims in it and my games get crash-prone after they hit 3gb while playing so that just wouldn't work for me (my legacy family saves tend to be huge, anyway).

I love the world though and am looking forward to playing it with some of my other sims!

I would love to donate some families but most of mine tend to be colorful and or contain supernaturals.
  • Options
    LaessiLaessi Posts: 2
    edited January 2014
    This looks really neat! :) Is it going to have scuba diving in it or are you leaving that out? As for sims, I don't have any that don't require a billion mods.. but I'll try testing this world out today/tomorrow. Are you wanting any bugs posted here or PM'd or something?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Hi :D

@BambooEaterrr - Thanks! :D
    What's funny is, he's the one I downloaded to checkout for the world. :mrgreen:

@Mariesalias - Thanks :D

@Laessi - Yes, there are dive lots in the world.
    If you have any problems you can post it here, that'd be great. :D

... back to playing the world and hoping to build something I like. :lol:
  • Options
    rotatarotata Posts: 180 Member
    edited January 2014
    Hi, Rotata :D

I'm sorry it's crashing on you. :(
    The only things I can think that would cause it is either not having all the expansions or your computer isn't up to it.

It's a huge world in content- not just size, which can cause problems. :(

*Maybe a little more details about the crashes-
    ====

Hi Rflong, thanks for responding. I was looking for a world with venues for my singer sim when I ran across Beach City.

I'm addicted to trying out new worlds. I actually have about a hundred custom worlds installed. I have all expansions, some stuff packs, a few worlds and one venue. I have some installed 3rd party CC and quite a bit of package CC. Generally speaking, if I can get away with *not* installing, then I don't. I put lots into the library folder until they can be placed or rejected. I have a few mods, mostly from twallan (will miss him), and a custom ccmerged file.

As for crashing:
    **first time was during regular play, after adding and editing several families (might have been in cheat mode).
    **time two was right after my sim sang at a concert (I was definitely in cheat mode).
    **time three was during world edit - I had noticed that the shell lots were showing up as big black blocks and was having difficulty utilizing several of them. So, I deleted most of the shell lots and was busy putting in replacements that don't use shells. The crash/freeze occurred right after building my very first "Big Show Venue", complete with bar, restrooms and a dressing room. I had been at it for about 4 hours. I almost cried.

I am consoled by the fact that I now have experience building a "Big Show".

As for the shell buildings, I've noticed this issue in a few other custom worlds, but haven't a clue as to what causes it.

Rotata
  • Options
    DaethaqtDaethaqt Posts: 760 Member
    edited January 2014
    Is this world suppose to be empty?
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited January 2014
    EA's Big Venues are always black when they are not in use.

Since one of the last eps and patches it is also not a good idea to leave testing cheats on - as it now crashes the game real easy if left on for any length of time so I would gather that was at least part of your issue. But the big show Venues if done correctly are always blacked out except when a live show is happening. They are not supposed to be used for anything else like all the other Venues.

Those are the only ones I ever see blacked out and that is normal.

I know I have been playing this test version of this world since it came out and it doesn't even hiccup. Runs smooth and nice as skates on new ice. Never even thinks about crashing and I play as much as 8 or more hours at a time - straight playing as there is no reason really anyone needs to add stuff to Rflongs worlds usually but Sims or more houses or fav lots to the empty lots she leaves. I honestly have not even added but 4 lots in this version and one of them is an apartment built by Rflong for another world as it is one of the few apartments I really like. The other 3 were just houses I like with horse barns.
    Post edited by Unknown User on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited January 2014

@Rotata - Oh, goodness. I have no idea. :shock:
    When you're building, trying to exit to neighborhood view and save your lot to the bin. A lot of builders have learned to do this about every 30 minutes or after finishing a part they like- I'll save it to the bin once I get a floor layout I like and then the walls painted, and then one room decorated... yes- that many times.
    I'll delete the older ones in the bin after a few are saves. So many times the game has crashed while building- and that was when there weren't so many expansions/stuff/store stuff.

Good luck!

@Daethaqt - Yeah! It better be full of Awesome buildings built by many wonderful builders and myself!
    Is your world empty? Did you download the build version? :shock:

@WR- Thanks, WR. :hugz:

Update:
    ... I really don't know what's happening to me. Every time I open the world to build, I get frustrated and quit. I love the world but it's past it build by date and I've become bored of it. . . I tell myself to push through and just finish (which it mostly is) but then my mind wanders off and I quit.

I'm at this point where I really neeeeed to finish this and have fun in CAW again. EIG and building have just plan worn me out.

Don't feel sorry for me though, I really love how this world turned out. It's got everything I like. So, I'm really sorry but it's still up for download, at least. :blush:

.... Anyway- Enough whining from me. :blush:

I was asked to build a few more...they're still not furnished. They won't be in the world but in the save file.

Crab shack-
    screenshot_original.jpg"width=650"

an beach house-

• Options
    Illyianna2005Illyianna2005 Posts: 895 Member
    edited January 2014
    I'm playing this world for my baby challenge, it's my fav so far and I see no problems with it. I found space to place any, extra lots I wanted and it runs really well, I think it's perfect like it is, thank you for it.
  • Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    edited January 2014
    Rflong7 wrote:

@Rotata - Oh, goodness. I have no idea. :shock:
    When you're building, trying to exit to neighborhood view and save your lot to the bin. A lot of builders have learned to do this about every 30 minutes or after finishing a part they like- I'll save it to the bin once I get a floor layout I like and then the walls painted, and then one room decorated... yes- that many times.
    I'll delete the older ones in the bin after a few are saves. So many times the game has crashed while building- and that was when there weren't so many expansions/stuff/store stuff.

Good luck!

@Daethaqt - Yeah! It better be full of Awesome buildings built by many wonderful builders and myself!
    Is your world empty? Did you download the build version? :shock:

@WR- Thanks, WR. :hugz:

Update:
    ... I really don't know what's happening to me. Every time I open the world to build, I get frustrated and quit. I love the world but it's past it build by date and I've become bored of it. . . I tell myself to push through and just finish (which it mostly is) but then my mind wanders off and I quit.

I'm at this point where I really neeeeed to finish this and have fun in CAW again. EIG and building have just plan worn me out.

Don't feel sorry for me though, I really love how this world turned out. It's got everything I like. So, I'm really sorry but it's still up for download, at least. :blush:

.... Anyway- Enough whining from me. :blush:

I was asked to build a few more...they're still not furnished. They won't be in the world but in the save file.

Crab shack-

an beach house-

I get your frustration Rflong! I can tell by your builds your detail obsessed as am I. I got wore out just "updating" Roaring Heights - all to finally place a custom 40x20 on the barrier island past the 3 beach houses only to find after 2 weeks of working on the save file (so I have a back up, learned my lesson the hard way with BP) and making RH have everything we want in our worlds from EP's and the store (still not done by the by) the custom gorgeous beach house I made has a routing issue where Sims wanna go halfway down the street to get on the school bus, the car. Sims constantly pass through the front yard of the house to get to the empty community lot next door. Clearly, it was the way those goofballs chose to route that area so sims would walk a dirt path on the grass then follow the sidewalk to get to the community lot, however, edit town let me place the 40x20 flush to the street so I wasn't expecting this issue to arise after 3 hours of building it and decorating.

So I can imagine doing a world like this by yourself will make you feel the way you do. At this point just populate your world and be done with it. You can always add things for your own save file. I think you've put plenty of time into it for the community already and it will more likely than not be better than RH which has a host of routing issues.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I meant no residents?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Daethaqt - yes it is.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    Daethaqt - yes it is.

Will it populate its self?
  • Options
    kristinjeankristinjean Posts: 30
    edited January 2014
    She is making a Save File that will have residents in it.
  • Options
    edited January 2014

Oh Thank You!!
  • Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    edited January 2014

I know I'm *SO EXCITED*.

I'm so excited to have a world that has everything and doesn't need hours of work to have all the cool stuff in the game that we want to have in our worlds. The best part about it? It's a beach *CITY* world with everything. While I'm in LOVE with Roaring Heights, it has serious limitations for expansion which is ALWAYS the case. They made nearly everything unroutable to boot.

Can't wait for that post "all done! Here's the save file" LOL!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Conclue wrote:

I know I'm *SO EXCITED*.

I'm so excited to have a world that has everything and doesn't need hours of work to have all the cool stuff in the game that we want to have in our worlds. The best part about it? It's a beach *CITY* world with everything. While I'm in LOVE with Roaring Heights, it has serious limitations for expansion which is ALWAYS the case. They made nearly everything unroutable to boot.

Can't wait for that post "all done! Here's the save file" LOL!

I know right!!
  • Options
    edited January 2014

I sure hope it doesn't disappoint anyone. :XD:

Well, hopefully my game has quit uninstalling my Store stuff and this world does have all the associated Store files recognized. It messed with me all day not wanting to always show up. . .

If anyone has time or is bored right now... Beach City - on Mediafire (125MB)
    Can check it out to see if any main items are missing- like

*I added a lot for the Bot Emporium near the Beach Parking lot: 30x40
    *Reset the Military Base
    *Hopefully fixed the little boat swirling going on in a few places
    *Made the Future Amusement Park lot larger- 64x64
    Added a large beach lot... empty for anyone who wants a Sim to live on the main beach- in a hut, without a road :lol:
    *Built a toy store

I'll be starting a Save file tomorrow;
    listing all the sets I have installed for this;
    and gathering names of the wonderful people who've donated lots and Sims for me to use.

Thanks so much! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Of course, I will download right now. No problem.

It sounds great - the new additions including the live on beach spot. I know who I will put there even. It is a must for little Pink haired Rflong Sims. She loves her beachy lots. hehehe.

I have had her in the Pink Victorian houseboat you made, but she really likes the land better I think.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Hi, WR :D

Thank you! :D

It did it to me again so I uninstalled and reinstalled it and it was there- no new download or anything. I should have gone to the main menu and then try and load it again... I will next time. Which I hope there isn't. :fingerscrossed:

Pictures-

Country Toy Store

I don't know how I'm going to upload this world, just uploading these three pictures hit my limit again. I removed 4 lots just last month to fit some pictures. :(

Oh, well. I'll move some worlds to my blog again. :D

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Just so you know it is not just you as I see a lot of simmers complaining of that over in the store worlds posts for a while now. I haven't seen any disappearing act in play mode, but then I may be patched up higher than some of you. As my last patch before this one - I did a superpatch instead of the EA posted one as Crinrict said that one seemed to stop the disappearing stuff as long as you had ITF installed - so with gritted teeth and the long wait for the superpatch to download I did that. Then I added this newest patch.

I know with just the ITF patch without ITF installed - even the superpatch - there were still some issues but I have had few problems with ITF and the few I had were addressed in this new patch. Of course I am not uploading stuff so I am only talking about ingames. Dealing with the launcher is always hit or miss since we have had sims 3.

I also have to add I have not played enough since patching this newest patch to judge it completely, but so far it seems everything is going better if you have ITF installed than the game has played in a long time. Perhaps with it also coinciding with the fact of my new HD and new reinstall and everything else might have also helped - so I guess I am not the best judge on this - to be fair.

Oh you'll work it out - you always do. It just must be a pain in the tush to do all that shuffling around stuff. Okay, I need to go uninstall the BC that is in before I can add this one - so off to have my own dealings with the launcher. Looks even more gorgeous though. Is that even possible? Yes, yes it is. hehehe

ETA -That toy store lot is adorable by the way. Must check it out.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited January 2014
    I'm not used to it doing that- the Store stuff going in and out. I open the world in CAW and the Store stuff is all there; I open the world in Game and most of the Store stuff is gone.
    It does make it hard to know what's what now. :D

Thanks for checking it out. :mrgreen:

*I did patch up with the Superpatch after resetting my computer. :(

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top