Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

❀ Beach City =]

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited December 2013
    Hi :D

Wow- YAY! :mrgreen:

@Hi, Tangie! Hope your mother is feeling better quickly. :hugz:

@Vicigoh-Okay... so there is some slight lag. :(
    Is it consistent little pauses or some groups of stutters?
    I'll check out the lots and see if I can build and upload some for you later. :D

@ WR- Oh, Yay~ finally some performers. :D
    Thank you so much for testing it so well and keeping me posted. :D:

@Ash- The trees on the island are from Sunlit Tides (I believe) so they'll show up as Oak trees, and there'll be a lot of little things that don't show up right.

What happened with the Store items- after renaming my files for BC from the HV world, for some reason a lot of the Store items weren't showing up. It showed them as installed but they weren't in the game.
    I had to start a whole new Save file for the world and redownload all the Store items... and I guess since I wasn't sure what was what I downloaded a few too many and the launcher still wouldn't install everything. It said they were but the sets weren't there.

That's why I had to go through and decide what was important to me to have and what I felt could be left out... so, I wanted the Fryer and the Ice cream maker but I didn't include the set- Not sure if I used anything from that set though. :(

I will go through my Downloads folder and list everything there. I kept only what I installed in it. *fingers crossed I did it right* :D

*Hope you're feeling better! :D

@Ace4real5451 - Thanks so much, Ace! :mrgreen:

@Hugzandpipes1- Yay~ Awesome! Thanks so much. :hugz: :D

@Conclue~ Oh, goodness- Hope you feel better quickly.
    You gave them a wonderful idea then! Lots of players are so excited about the new Store World. :D
    Did you see the new video on Roaring Heights?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=zV73hO9iEBQ

• Options
    vickigohvickigoh Posts: 326 Member
    edited December 2013
    Oh Rflong ...you are back..thank for accepting my help hehee...as for the slight lag..is just very very minor..but yesterday it seem better again and so maybe is the spawners that causes the short stutter lag. Is not a consistent pause .. and seriously speaking your world really smooth like crazy...hahaha...

Btw i found one sim is stuck at here and this is the 2nd time already...

screen19.jpg

It is outside the "Athletics Area (Gym)"...
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    Dragongrrl61Dragongrrl61 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited December 2013
    Does this overwrite the previous file. I deleted the other but my save game seems to work. Can you tell me a change i am looking for to make sure it is the right game please.
    Other than that i am amazed at how well done and beautiful your work is. I love this world since you were able to incorporate a little from the EP's and now i can dive too all in one world.
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited December 2013
    I started playing this version Thursday night and it's now been over two sim weeks and I'm not having any problems except for the consignment store clerk (no worries, he got replaced with another one but it still says he's the clerk) is going in circles in his boat in that little strip of beach right in front of the stadium RH. I put the Writin's in Ami's house at the lake since it had an inventing bench. After the first week I sent him to the future because they just had a baby need more money, and so he researched lottery numbers. No luck so far, dang it! :mrgreen:

There have been a couple of times that the game stopped for a few seconds but whatever sim was stuck got resolved either by the game or Twallan's mods. So this is playing great for me and I love it. :-)

You could probably use the Windows snipping tool to take a screenshot of your downloads folder, couldn't you? That would sure be easier than writing down all the Store items you used. :lol:

The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited December 2013
    Rflong - today I have been testing all the different living quarters for sims - I decided to remove Errortrap and OW as I am getting script issues with ET (it constantly sending me a message about the décor on the performance stages) and I believe OW is interfering with some of the ITF electronics (not getting all the pie charts for the high tech gear with OW) so I started a new game with the performer sims added back in - okay that explained so you know it is not the mods nor is it a game playing a long time type issues - I need you to try and duplicate what I am seeing and see if you think it is weird or right. There really is no way to really describe it - but it is all weird -

Okay my sims job is with the Military as that was what she needed for her high tech work -

I just moved her into the furtherist hut on the resort island - that's about all the info you need. So get a military sim and move it to that hut and make sure their military job is at the base and not the town Hall. Observe going to work, and then observe coming home. The going to work is the most strange. Maybe this is normal, as I never had a sim live on the island before with a regular job - but I know I have never seen this before in any sims game. The only thing close is in the ITF world - but my sims is in BC.

Other than that everything is going super, especially now that I started a new game without the mods messing up my sims high tech equipment. Okay back to the game.
    Post edited by Unknown User on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    edited December 2013
    @Reg:

Would you suggest I take out ET and OW in general right now, or just if I decide to playtest this world?

I haven't updated any of the mods for at least a week, but they were to the latest updated when I did.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    MistySmudge01MistySmudge01 Posts: 317 Member
    edited December 2013
    finally i found this world, was looking in your studio Rflong hehehe, but i have it now, well will have once i have installed it :) As my friends CQ and Vay have said it is great, and they love playing it :)
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Ash - I really never like to suggest someone take their mods out unless they see issues with them, as that means starting a new game in that world and not everyone wants to do that. I saw issues with mostly ET as it was putting up a lot of issues in the log for script errors and ET has a tendency to alter the script - which I can't have it doing when I am testing. I need the script as the creator intended as I have no idea if it is just fixing the issuing and noting it so if there is an issue that actually needs fixing by the creator - I need to see that. I am pretty sure I am right and that Rflong is going to have to remove the Tiki and sand in the center rear - back of the stage at the Beach Party club because tonight I saw a simfest there with a lot more issues from that content being there - that ET was covering up. So that will have to be up to you. Then for the heck of it I decided to take out OW at the same time to see how the testing went in a new game and was out right shocked to see the pie charts big in the ITF world with OW out then the choices with OW in. What OW seems to be doing is only allowing the pie charts with the ITF stuff in the present day world to be the same offerings in the ITF - where as in fact their are a lot more choices for ITF content in the Future world than in the present one. There were other issues - even though some were an advantage - I still cannot properly test with mods doing anything they shouldn't be doing - even if some of those things were a good thing. I learned without those mods there are somethings one wants to remove from their inventory before going ITF - and vice versa - there are some things you can bring back, some you can't - so I need to have the game doing what it is supposed to be doing - whether it is good or bad.

I just want to make sure I did not assume something was good when it is not - so that way it is fixed properly. But if you are not testing - I guess it will be up to you as both still have a lot of good they do for old problems.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited December 2013
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    Ash - I really never like to suggest someone take their mods out unless they see issues with them, as that means starting a new game in that world and not everyone wants to do that. I saw issues with mostly ET as it was putting up a lot of issues in the log for script errors and ET has a tendency to alter the script - which I can't have it doing when I am testing. I need the script as the creator intended as I have no idea if it is just fixing the issuing and noting it so if there is an issue that actually needs fixing by the creator - I need to see that. I am pretty sure I am right and that Rflong is going to have to remove the Tiki and sand in the center rear - back of the stage at the Beach Party club because tonight I saw a simfest there with a lot more issues from that content being there - that ET was covering up. So that will have to be up to you. Then for the heck of it I decided to take out OW at the same time to see how the testing went in a new game and was out right shocked to see the pie charts big in the ITF world with OW out then the choices with OW in. What OW seems to be doing is only allowing the pie charts with the ITF stuff in the present day world to be the same offerings in the ITF - where as in fact their are a lot more choices for ITF content in the Future world than in the present one. There were other issues - even though some were an advantage - I still cannot properly test with mods doing anything they shouldn't be doing - even if some of those things were a good thing. I learned without those mods there are somethings one wants to remove from their inventory before going ITF - and vice versa - there are some things you can bring back, some you can't - so I need to have the game doing what it is supposed to be doing - whether it is good or bad.

I just want to make sure I did not assume something was good when it is not - so that way it is fixed properly. But if you are not testing - I guess it will be up to you as both still have a lot of good they do for old problems.

Ahhh, I see. The only part I'm a bit confused on is the ITF Overwatch part you mentioned...what exactly am I looking for with regard to that? Have you said anything over on Nraas's forum about it?

Thanks! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Ash - No I haven't said anything to Twallan but he is constantly testing ET and OW, SP, Traveller and several others. I do not know if anyone else has mentioned it either - although I have been over scanning the discussion - I have not read them all.

Besides Twallan cannot be expected to cover everything a creator can do in making a world as far as the script tuning goes with ET.

Besides I just have been to the ITF once this session and do not know all the things that might be happening with the mods no longer in as I have played this test up until yesterday with those mods in because of other issues people reported since the last patch. I have dropped in over there at least 3 times a week to make sure I had the latest versions of ET and OW - but I have not reported anything yet.

The last time I did try and post over there I had trouble trying to post so I haven't tried since - besides I need to go back and forth from ITF world to this one a few times without the mods to see for sure things - seeing my biggest issue is with ET and changing the script in the BC world.

I generally get more concerned with the mods when I am no longer testing, but actually playing a game I want to keep and the mods do something then - I am more apt to say something. I am right now more concerned with BC and to make sure there are not issues with it that can be fixed that I missed by using the mods as I generally do not use mods to test. But I did not want to wait for the sims team to fix the other issues in the patch that is creating weird lag issues when I heard that those two mods used together would fix those issues - so that was the only reason I even tested with them in, and now I am sort of sorry I used them seeing now I have to recheck everything I already checked before. "a big moan here"

But if I was playing a regular game - I assure you I would be watching the mods closer with more focus on them than the game. It is bad enough we have to test the world with a patch that has it's own issues, never mind watching the mods too.

Like I said, if you are just playing and see more benefits with the mods and do not see any issues, then I would not worry about them as they do seem to control some of the strange lag issues from the newest patch. I will say one thing I saw good with the mods is using the hoover board in BC with the mods in I had no issues - but using that board without the mods - you can see the hooverboards hesitate a lot and do not ride smoothly and as swift as they do in the ITF world. I can honestly see why EA made it so the hoover craft (cars and motorcycles - jet packs) won't go to the regular world because their routing does not match the ordinary world. They seem to have the same skipping we get in the boats in the IP world. With the mods in I did not notice how badly the hooverboard ran in BC. So that is a positive - but since I took the mods out I notice I get more options in the pie charts when I click on something in the ITF world. Had I been on the lookout for that I might have been able to narrow down what was different, but did not even notice it until I removed the mods and started a new game and saw more options. It is hard to report if I am not sure what the mods actually did not show. When I am done testing the world and if Twallan does not catch those things, I will try and see if I can't find out exactly the differences in a regular game with a new sim. This sim you have to figure is ITF traited and very skilled and even has degrees in technology - so that alone is going to get her more option in the ITF world - if you know what I mean?

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited December 2013

Thanks so much for all the comments and feedback. I really appreciate it- you all make this place such a fun place to hang out. smiley-happy065.gif

I'm so sorry I haven't been around. I've been under the weather for awhile. Every time I think I'm getting a little better it seems to kick in again.

I'll go back and read all the problems- hopefully soon (I haven't had the flu in so long I've forgotten how rotten it is). smiley-sick005.gif

If I don't reply soon- I wish Everyone a Wonderful and Safe Holiday! gingerbreadhouse.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Awww don't you worry about it - just get well. The world plays pretty darn good if you ask me - besides the slow down gave me a chance to start another test without the mods so it is working out for me.

I know the flu is horrid and why I take the shots. I have even gotten it with the shots but usually it is less miserable. Just get well. That's all that matters. Big BIG HUGGLES!!!!!!

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited December 2013
    HI, WR ~ Thanks so much (maybe it's time to start getting the shots :XD: )
    Big Hugz back! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    srodrig2005srodrig2005 Posts: 50 Member
    edited December 2013
    I can't wait to see what you do with the new venue. It looks like it is not a regular premade venue. It is all the parts to design your own boardwalk and roller coaster. I was just reading Sim Guru Coleman's blog. He has instructions on how to build a rollercoaster using the parts. So your lot size will depend on how big you want to build.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Awesome~ Thanks, Srodrig! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    christinebremnerchristinebremner Posts: 3,513 Member
    edited December 2013
    Hi Rflong7! :D I know I commented on your other thread but just want to say here too how awesome your world is looking! :D Hope you feel better soon with the flu as well, it can certainly hang on for ages.
    FEvr1sR.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2013

Thanks so much, ChristineBremner. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Get well soon, lovely! *hugs*
  • Options
    moefymoefy Posts: 251 Member
    edited December 2013
    beautiful hugs :thumbup: :D
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    the amusement park boardwalk is 64 x 64...the lot you created is not able to use..
  • Options
    edited December 2013

Thanks Moefy and Ash! :mrgreen: :hugs:
    vickigoh wrote:
    the amusement park boardwalk is 64 x 64...the lot you created is not able to use..

I saw that... :(
    I'll be making either a shift in the roads or a new Park lot. :D
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    LOL..ok hope to see a beta 6 soon...BC really amazing..sorry to ask .. the 3 lots i mentioned earlier .. have you look into it?? or you will only put them in the next beta??
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I haven't actually looked into them yet but I will. :D
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Oh great...thank alot..hope to see a new beta version soon..
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Ooh, excited to see! :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top