Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

❀ Beach City =]

Comments

• Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    edited December 2013
    Rflong7 wrote:
    Hi, Ash :)

No problem. :D
    ashcrash19 wrote:
    I just want to clear up a few things, if you'd be so kind:

1. So, you're not using the ITF stuff, but you might make a bot emporium or whatever the new venues are eventually?

1. I still don't have ITF installed but I do hope to get to play it soon. :D
    There's an empty building which might be good for a Bot Emporium but since I don't know how much room or what it all needs, it'll have to wait. :)
    2. You have not used items from Midnight Hollow? Do you plan to upload any lots eventually, or just left space for the toy shop and Savvy Seller lot? Do you have any houses that would work well as a Savvy Seller home business?

2. No, nothing more than Grim's Manor objects. The rest are too dark for my taste in this world.
    *I have a plan to make a Toy Store but I haven't played it yet to know how it works nor the Savvy Seller. What do they need to be considered good house for them? :)
    3. You are planning on including the latest Roaring Heights stuff somewhere?

3. Roaring Heights is 1930's and I don't think would work here. Not saying anyone can't use the stuff if they want. I did move one large lot in the Beach Strip area for an Amusement park- hoping it'll fit there. :XD:
    4. Do you plan to upload lots for any new Premium Content items, or maybe edit the town to add more lots for later venues? Or is there already enough empty lot space for any future content?

I won't edit the town to add more lots once it's done. I can upload finished lots for the world to be placed in certain areas. There's still space left depending on how big and what it is but there's always a point when nothing else will fit... :)

Hope that helps. :mrgreen:

Thank you for replying!

The bot emporium essentially houses the counter register for buying parts (like the resort one), and the pod shaped bot maker. Not sure if they need the recharge stations and such, or if those are just for display. I think My Sim Realty made one on her site if you wanted to see how big hers was. :D

Well, just maybe the first floor one side would house the shop the other side would be their kitchen/living room, with the upper story being their bed and such...or the upper level could be the house and the lower part be for the store, depending on how wide/large your house was. :D

I would guess the amusement park thing would be at minimum a 40x40...more likely a 50x50? Maybe even a 64x64, not sure.

Yeah, uploading any new lots to be placed would be great, since you obviously know the layout of the world/has your style already.

Any idea roughly how many empty lots you have right now?

Thanks! :mrgreen:
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited December 2013
    :D

There's about 30 empty lots.

It's nice of you to suggest I go look at others to see, but I'd rather play and learn. :D
    It kinda gives me a cheaty feeling to think about looking at other Simmers work for ideas. It's one thing to be inspired from someone's build when they share pictures but quite another to go looking for ideas (imo)- I do know you suggested this in a nice way. :hugz:
    Thanks though, I'm sure she'd love to know you offered and enjoy her lots so much. :mrgreen:

My empty lot for the Amusement park- which I'll want to build for myself after I get to play EA's lot a little- is a 60x60 lot. :D

• Options
    edited December 2013
    Rflong7 wrote:
    :D

There's about 30 empty lots.

It's nice of you to suggest I go look at others to see, but I'd rather play and learn. :D
    It kinda gives me a cheaty feeling to think about looking at other Simmers work for ideas. It's one thing to be inspired from someone's build when they share pictures but quite another to go looking for ideas (imo)- I do know you suggested this in a nice way. :hugz:
    Thanks though, I'm sure she'd love to know you offered and enjoy her lots so much. :mrgreen:

My empty lot for the Amusement park- which I'll want to build for myself after I get to play EA's lot a little- is a 60x60 lot. :D

Ahh, I see. And no no, I never meant to sound cheaty at all, just didn't know the size she made off hand to fit the important stuff.

All I know is the stand that looks similar to the resort one is required, and possibly that bot maker. Other than that I think it's your personal preference...I'm thinking that when I own all of the Futureshock stuff and savvy seller I'll either sell all of the ITF/Futureshock stuff, OR have a business that has the savvy seller selling the bot stuff on the bottom and the top be their Futureshock living quarters...run by an Alien! :mrgreen:

Oh, I forgot they make 60x60. :lol:

That should work, I'd hope!

I found some info on the Savvy Seller pertaining to how it can be used (for residential and community) for you:
    http://aznsensei.blogspot.com/2013/09/savvy-sellers-collection-tutorial-how.html

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited December 2013
    Ashcrash - Rflong left an empty modern store in Haunted Valley and I had no problem putting the needed stuff in that shop to make bots as well as a few of the holographic stands that sell ITF exclusive content. So that is not a big shop - so you definitely have plenty of lots in BC empty that will be more than big enough for you to add all the needed stuff for ITF - I assure you.

I honestly though had no intentions of putting ITF in BC myself as I enjoy visiting Oasis Landing and the sims there - I just tried the one shop Rflong had left empty just for that in HV just because she wondered if it was big enough and it was. I did notice though that no one but my sim goes in that shop - I think it could be because no one but my sim has travelled to Oasis Landing so they are not prompted to go there. Even in OL most of the sims in there is Bots - so until there is a ton of bots in a regular world I highly doubt that business will ever draw a crowd. Also that recharge station and the bot building station is availiable in your catalogue - you can even put them in your sims houses if you wanted to. It does not take CAW to have them in your game. Anyway I hope that info helps.

Now on to my report - Rflong - not much to report I again played all night - stopped at 4 am this time - in BC with no issues. Yay my sims got a degree. Boo she has not got offered a pc techs job - I thought she would be offered it out of the blue - guess not - so she is watching the web and the newspaper for that kind of job. Still in the run down apts. where she'll saty til she starts earning money. No cheats for her.

The different ST lots are showing simfests - but alas no performers - not even in the EA type like the Los Suenos Private Club last night had one and the stage was totally empty. The proprietor never once even went on stage, just stood behind the bar all night. Can't figure that one out as the previous ones at the outside park and the other outside stage - the proprietors at least went on stage pretending to introduce different sims. So before I left the game I added in my ST sims and will see what happens tonight.

But it is running great.
    Post edited by Unknown User on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited December 2013
    Hi, WR :D

Thanks so much for playing and testing. I was playing it last night and then remembered I forgot to redownload it and install so I stopped. :lol:

I do remember you telling us and I should know better, too. :XD:
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    At least you "get it" when I say that about seeing it as the testers do - some creators don't seem to understand what I am saying. But I learned that some time back - I believe it was the remake you did with Mesa Valley - can't even recall what the issue was now - but back then all the testers were seeing something that was not happening in your export directly - so I figured it was obviously some little twist created when downloading and installing exactly from the same place we did.

But try and explain that any clearer to someone that just does not get what I am trying to say.

I do notice that the bigger the world is, the more likely there will be things saw differently but usually it is such a small difference not many people realize it. I saw that difference drastically right after SN came out and I was testing a fairy tale world for a simmer that did not understand when I tried to tell her to download her own file from media fire - it was over road tears. I was getting terrible ones and she was not seeing them at all. Then two more people also started testing and just like me they also had road tears in the same spots I did. But they would happen if we attempted to both build or place a lot into some of her empty lots. As long as one didn't build on those 4-5 specific lots there was no problem and there was no problem with her building ingame on those lots in her direct version. But I finally got through to her to uninstall the version she had and to download the media fire one and then she also got the road tears. Trouble was they never would show in her version or the version she was working on - so she could try and fix it. Hard to fix what you can't see.

The only way she was able to fix them was to build in those lots herself - which she was trying not to build any houses. So I sort of figured out, for sure, that the best way was for creator to download like we do to see little things - in her case it was big things as large amounts of the road would disappear - not that it helps to fix it - it helps you see. If course knowing you, you could get the testing version in your game - but that other simmer also did not get using S3pe or any of that kind of thing either.

But anyway I am hoping tonight adding the ST sims makes the shows work. That was all it took in HV and all the ST lots work mint in that. I do love the way that Private Club looks inside. I sat there watching the bubbles in the glass tube waiting to see if the proprietor ever moved or if any sims showed for the sims fest. There was only 3 sims for an audience - but I expected that seeing there was only about 20 sims in the world so far - not counting any of the service sims and such. I counted the houses with sims in them - and only 13 were occupied with most have 1 or 2 sims at most in them. I hate it when 1 sim will move into a 4 bedroom house with the game SP. So what I will do when I finally have a final, I will take and evict all those game placed sims I don't like into one 2 bedroom apt to free up all those houses. Lots of time the game will take and move those sims right out. I have found out though to check my sims relationship panel before I do that and make sure I don't do that to sims she works with or is friends with because the game gets laggy for messing with sims that have relationships with your sim. So I will leave those sims alone, but sometimes give them a couple roommates from my own library of sims.

Ah my dryer just stopped - must go take care of that, and then I can get back into the game and hopefully see some good sims shows. hehehe

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    edited December 2013
    I downloaded your number 4 version, and must say you really outdid yourself this time. This is the prettiest world I've ever seen.
  • Options
    vickigohvickigoh Posts: 326 Member
    edited December 2013
    I notice that this test version 4 got a total of 197 lots..so would it be reduce or this is the final?

Rflong..i has a small request ..would you mind building something on "1 Tidal Pool Beah" because i dont know what is suitable there lol...and i am not good at building lot too..
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Hi :D

I used to install the worlds and test them a little before uploading and it was you and the CAW group who taught be to upload and then download so we play the same world.

I would have always thought it wouldn't matter either but as we've learned, it does make a big difference. :D

Thanks so much for testing it further. :mrgreen:

Hi, catitude5 :D
    Thanks so much! :mrgreen:

Hi, vickigoh :D
    I tried to reduce the numbers and ended up adding even more to fill in some empty spaces. I wished I could have kept the world at around 150 for the world but I didn't. I'll stay at this size.

What do you want built there? House, business...house on a dock or a dock for visiting? (If I remember the right lot :XD: )

• Options
    Greenb70Greenb70 Posts: 1,871 Member
    edited December 2013
    How did I miss that there was a test version 4 ready? I swear that work thing really does interfere with my simming time.3d-elf-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Hi, Beth :)

I hope it plays well for you! Let me know if it doesn't- Thanks so much. :mrgreen:

Just got to say I'm getting a bad cold and might not wander here for a little while~ *fingers crossed* it's not too long. smiley-sick010.gif
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited December 2013
    Rflong7 wrote:
    Hi :D

(snip)

Beach City: Test 4

(snip again)

I've added a few more lots, updated a few lots, removed a few Store sets which might leave a few fish or base objects (I did look for them but it's hard to remember what they were before :XD: ).

I haven't added a Toy Store yet. I've not been inspired. :(

(snip #3)

So, let me know... if you want to test. If not... well, Thanks for looking! :mrgreen:

AWESOME!! Downloaded and installed! And don't worry about inspiration for a toy store, just watch a couple of Christmas specials about Santa, elves, and a workshop, and a light bulb will go off in your head. :lol:

Seriously, I have faith that you'll think of something that will fit perfectly with this world. In the meantime, thanks for another Beta! If I'm not able to play it after work I'll get to it by the weekend for sure! :hugs:!

The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Erm I would like a house to be there...I think there is a slop lot 40 x 40 ..hope you can help to build a house there too..hahah I dont know how to build a house on slope.

I have tried to fill up about 10 lots in the world...and it still played very well...just a little little stuttering lag only...and no more routing msg from overwatch after I played for 3 real days
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    vickigoh - I would guess it was not routing lag but spawner lag and sims getting established in the jobs and such. Creators cannot do anything about that. It is just sims get idle when the AI tries to instruct them to materialize or to do this or that job, and overwatch will see it as a stuck sim. If you know how to use the tuning sheet that Twallan has for that mod you can tune that all out, or you can do what most of us do that uses OW is ignor it. That and error trap for that matter. But I really don't pay it any attention until the game is in the middle of Sims week 2 and then I might check if it says there is a stuck sim. Used to be we only had to wait 5-6 sims days, but with lots more spawners and jobs - well we wait longer.

Hey Rflong - I thought I was getting a head cold too but I started right on Zicam and it either stopped it or ot was just my allergies acting up. Hopefully it goes the same for you as I really hate a head cold in the winter - especially here with the heat going and all. So fingers crossed it's not a cold for you.

Well I have successful Simfest all over town going now - so no problem so far with any stage but of course the Beach Party where the proprietor keeps blowing a gasket over the décor at the back of the stage. It still does not affect the performance. It just makes me wish we had a button to push to hit her upside the head when she carries on. The performers only complain about her complaining - so she leaves the stage and they get on with the show. It seems she is seeing the middle palm tree and sand that she complains about, but strangely she has no problem with the sand in the middle of the stage. Strange sims she is. The audience didn't care and everyone got the "saw a great show" moodlet.

I still have not gone to the ITF world yet - as my sim landed a special assignment job from the military paying some big bucks, so she is building her legacy house on that big lot across from the beach houses. I am used to building legacy houses 3 walls at a time, and with her pay scale she is building it a room at a times. High tech pretty much seeing I gave her the new ITF lifetime wish to go high tech and have to have a lot of the stuff from there.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited December 2013
    I also think it might be spawners..for jobs assigment to the residents are mostly done in 1st or 2nd day...I am at week 1 day 5 now. The stuttering lag started only I have placed the 10 lots and mostly are 64 x 64 and 60 x 60.. but the lag is a very very minor one. And I am very sure is not routing lag. I use standard setting of overwatch and play till now I dont get any messages from overwatch anymore. I can say it is really well done with such a big world and can play for few hours before error 12 happened. So I am trying to filled up the world and see if my laptop can handle or not..
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Later tonight I went back into the game a couple hours and took 2 WA trips, and finally my sims first ITF trip. No issues with any of it. They come and go just perfectly and faster than I expected surpringly. I noticed that with the trip to Uni was real fast compared to even EA worlds, which is nice for such a big world. Coming back is more normal, but still nice and smooth. The WA trips picked the sims up down the road a bit and brought them back on the other side of town, but the taxi brought her right to her house. She did do the get out use subway then get back in taxi thing coming back, but this sim seems to use the subway a lot like that.

So every thing so far is great. Now I have the nectary, library, gym, stores, etc to check out.

The population since I added those 6 Starlight Shore performer households has amped a bit - along with the added ones, I checked out the game added ones which seems either single women with pets or good size families - so I took and added 6 of my single guys to the apartments that the game is not placing any sims in. That way I will check each one out by changing to those sims a bit just to make sure there are no issues as to why the game had not added any sims to any of them as well as balance the population a little. I had only tested that one I had my sims first living in. So I will check those tomorrow and the places she hasn't checked yet. All the fun spots actually that does not need proprietors or merchants. But with added 6 my population just reached 83. No lag and I am not getting any notices from Error trap at all, or OW for anything that mattered. It told me there was a stuck sim, and like in HV was nothing but a kitten who could not get in a door because a dog was laying in his way of all things. I was thinking of resetting him when a kid came outside and the dog jumped up to play with the kid. The kitten went running in once the dog got up. Problem solved. I wish OW would not report those animal things as so far that is the only kind of reports I have gotten other than it mentioning a sim was idle. It was 2 am and I figure they are probably standing behind a door. I am also getting few vehicle even with 83 sims - the most I have seen was 41 and most of the time the number is in the teens. So that is all good too. Lots of stereos being turned off though. hehehe

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited December 2013
    Awe, feel better, Rflong!

I'm recovering from a cold too, so I know what it's like. Darned congestion is the worst! :?

I had a question about testing...if I wanted to just see how the world was coming along and look around, would the world look awful without all of the store content? I'd say I own about 1/3 of the store right now, and I won't be able to get anymore for a while due to Christmas budget and all that. I know store items would just be replaced, but what have you done with regard to world items?
    I don't have Lucky Palms, Sunlit Tides, Aurora Skies, and Midnight Hollow still. I just am hesitant to test/check out the world for you since I don't have everything it requires...wouldn't want to be a bad representative. :XD:
  • Options
    ace4real5451ace4real5451 Posts: 19 New Member
    edited December 2013
    ashcrash19 wrote:

I'm recovering from a cold too, so I know what it's like. Darned congestion is the worst! :?

I had a question about testing...if I wanted to just see how the world was coming along and look around, would the world look awful without all of the store content? I'd say I own about 1/3 of the store right now, and I won't be able to get anymore for a while due to Christmas budget and all that. I know store items would just be replaced, but what have you done with regard to world items?
    I don't have Lucky Palms, Sunlit Tides, Aurora Skies, and Midnight Hollow still. I just am hesitant to test/check out the world for you since I don't have everything it requires...wouldn't want to be a bad representative. :XD:

Hey there! I downloaded to test last night and played for a few hours. I am missing some of the store content such as Lucky Palms and Barnacle Bay, and I have NO issues whatsoever. I do not plan to buy the content either.

I am perfectly content with the way the game is playing and the world is amazing to me anyway, exactly what I was looking for! Good job Rflong, keep up the good work!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Rflong..actually I need your help to build on 3 lots as residential in total...

1 ocolakee trail = 64 x 60
    29 oceanfront dr = 40 x 40 (On a slope)
    1 Tidal Pool Beach = 60 x 50

Hope you can help...and wish you recover soon..and rest more too..
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    ashcrash19 wrote:

Hey there! I downloaded to test last night and played for a few hours. I am missing some of the store content such as Lucky Palms and Barnacle Bay, and I have NO issues whatsoever. I do not plan to buy the content either.

I am perfectly content with the way the game is playing and the world is amazing to me anyway, exactly what I was looking for! Good job Rflong, keep up the good work!

Thanks for the heads up, Ace! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    hugzandpipes1hugzandpipes1 Posts: 128 New Member
    edited December 2013
    Hi Rflong! :D

Been playing Beach City for a while now, my sims are middle age on a long lifespan setting, and it's great! I live on the docks, the view is breathtaking, and although I need to expand for children, I just can't make them move (so, up we go.... again.... lol)

You really do create lovely worlds. I can't wait to see it finished, esp. the amusement park! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

(((((((hugz)))))))))
  • Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    edited December 2013
    I don't understand what's going on right now!

First off, Rflong! I'm sick too! And in the midst of the end of the semester and it's hell so I'm with you! I was it was as easy as in the Sims, just go to the hospital, come out better!

Now my dilemma. Since last January I started rooting for a city styled, non fantasy styled world to hit the store. If you search for my thread on it (I would never because the engine is horrible, lol) me and the rest of the simmers in that thread created the exact concept behind "Roaring Heights" - except they meshed the roller coaster into it. "A beach city with sprawling beaches and high rises" just like Miami, just like RH, just like my suggestion!

But before RH, came along Beach City.... another world describing exactly what I wanted in a Sims 3 world. Bridgeport meets SV.

Now, of course I have to buy RH. It gives me EVERYTHING I need.

But I've been smitten with BC for months.

So basically, on Dec 13th when I get home from work I'll have two beach city options to play and I don't know which one to start! I have a feeling tho I'll be swapping lots out of these two plus my custom builds from SV!

SOMETIMES! I regret going to graduate school. No time for Simming and it's beyond sad right now because theres been like 5 releases that I need in my Sims world, that I wanted and cool stuff I didn't know possible!

MH (OFB! hello!)
    Toy Store! YES PLEASE!~
    ITF (EP10, future living? Those RH's? OMG! I can't wait)
    Grandpa's Grove
    The Cow Set
    and now, Roaring Heights!!

Im gonna ask for money for a gift and buy a huge simpoint package. :shock:
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    By the way, Rflong, could you perhaps tell me what sets you removed for test 4? I thought I read that you had added more lots, but removed a few store sets? Or did I miunderstand?
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    No long report needed, played all night last night and had no issues. Jumped back and forth between this world and the ITF one with no issues. Still playing really nice.

Hope you feel better soon. Huggles to you... later.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited December 2013
    Conclue, hope you saw that Roaring Heights will be offered as a sim point bundle. So save some money for it and don't spend all your money on just sim points! :-)

Ash, Rflong said she couldn't remember which sets she took out.

Haven't had a chance to really test it yet, but hopefully tomorrow! And I also hope you feel better soon. My mother also came down with a cold right before I headed back home, but so far no one else has caught it. If that's what you have, I hope it's a mild one that goes away soon!
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top