Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

❀ Beach City =]

Comments

• Options
    Catdog123Catdog123 Posts: 1,024 Member
    edited January 2014
    Wow that's so creative and unique (the turtle beach)I really like it! Grabby hands again. :mrgreen:
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • Options
    DaethaqtDaethaqt Posts: 760 Member
    edited January 2014
    I'm so anxious about the save!! Can I donate a Household?

Also do you email? I would like to ask you a question CAW Related.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited January 2014
    Hi :D

Thanks! :D

I was working on the save file when I saw this wonderful Sim walking by... in a Sweet Treats outfit. She reminded me I didn't uninstall the Stuff pack (or finish the KPST house I wanted to upload for the world).
    And I found a lot rip which means I'll have to check all the lots again and export the world again. It'll be the same world so it's not a problem for save files. :D

My Sims email is in my About Me on my Sim page. :D
  • Options
    vickigohvickigoh Posts: 326 Member
    edited January 2014
    Thank Rflong for creating the crab shack..really love it and cant wait to see the save file .. i love this world so much haha..
  • Options
    edited January 2014

I'm glad you like it. :mrgreen:

I know not many people have the Sweet Treats stuff pack but I do and I wanted a lot with the items for my world. So, I made a mansion with the stuff pack. It's a big lot and it's crammed full of the stuff- I don't plan on adding it to the Save so I'm uploading it sepreate so I can uninstall the pack and get back to making the save file. :D

If anyone wants it, too... :XD:

roof_up_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg"width=650"

Now, to uninstall KP Sweet Treats. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited January 2014
    Most definitely want as this will also look "SWEET" in the cake worlds too!!! Thank you!!! I have two good fairy sisters that will just love this place as they both have the Childish traits. I think they will both want a version hehehe.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Yay! I've got over 10 downloads now. :lol:

Hope you like it, WR... and they like it. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Catdog123Catdog123 Posts: 1,024 Member
    edited January 2014
    Hehe leave it to rflong to make that pack work so well.
    I rarely use that stuff except for two dresses and the candy containers(though was thinking mixed with the roller coaster a fun amusement lot could be made). The house is really well designed and I just about lost it when I scrolled the camera angle up and saw that the pool was a giant cup cake. That right there was reason enough to download the house. :D
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2014

Yay! So glad you like it, Catdog. :lol:

I've gotten further with the Sims. I already checked all the Sims that are packaged in CAW and today I worked on a few more of the families packaged as Households.

It takes me awhile because I have to check each Sim for Store clothes, jewelry, hair that I don't have and replace them, and update a few. My CAS is sloooow I sometimes want to toss it. :XD:

But, I'm getting there.
    (I found a house where I forgot a few doors! :lol: )

I thought about just uploading the world and then linking all the Sims but that's a cop out. :mrgreen:

• Options
    JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited January 2014
    The Sweet Treat Mansion is adorable, I have never found much of a use for the SP so I don't have it installed anymore or I would download it. I did leave a rec for you.

Beach City looks really great, I love the way you've done the curved wharf area. So many waterfront lots!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Hey, Rflong, i know that you have build a beach house for Beach City too..would you mind uploading it?? I saw the picture you posted in page 73..it look very beautiful feel like living in that house lol
  • Options
    edited January 2014

Thanks, Jessabeans! :D

Here it is, Vickigoh

roof_up_original.jpg"width=350"
  • Options
    CindyPlayer570CindyPlayer570 Posts: 24 Member
    edited January 2014
    Love this world. Just started new family in it. Can't wait to explore everywhere. Great job!
  • Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    edited January 2014
    Rflong7 wrote:

Yay! So glad you like it, Catdog. :lol:

I've gotten further with the Sims. I already checked all the Sims that are packaged in CAW and today I worked on a few more of the families packaged as Households.

It takes me awhile because I have to check each Sim for Store clothes, jewelry, hair that I don't have and replace them, and update a few. My CAS is sloooow I sometimes want to toss it. :XD:

But, I'm getting there.
    (I found a house where I forgot a few doors! :lol: )

I thought about just uploading the world and then linking all the Sims but that's a cop out. :mrgreen:

LOL Think of it this way - for those of us who have waited for your final finished product and are checking the thread daily, your going to make many of our days!

I just recently downloaded Evansdale County and I was floored. I love loading a world and just playing without having to update it for each EP. Now while Evansdale is beautiful, and along a coast, I yearn for that "beach city" feel like yours brings.

So for me, downloading EC only made me more eager for BC (Though I am in love with Evansdale. Makes me wonder why I buy store worlds. Oh right, for the PC and the items! LOL
  • Options
    edited January 2014

Thanks CindyPlayer570. I hope you enjoy it and it plays well. :mrgreen:

I am so sorry it's taking so long. I didn't expect to run into so many problems with the Store stuff. :(
    If only I'd given up and just made the world smaller it'd have been done by now. :XD:

... but, I just figured out how to add Sims to the world. Right after I set up all the Sims in their house for placing in the Save file I got an idea (as I was almost asleep) and I found it works (got out of bed to try it).

Should I stay with the Save or redo all the Sims (they have to be right out of CAS without jobs and skills to go into CAW/EIG) so, it's take me a few more days again.
    My CAS is so slow, it takes about an hour per family; Medium family so it'll even out to an hour each. Then about an hour each family to set up in EIG with Skills and jobs... :(

I don't know... I just want to try either way. :)
    Dang this not giving up streak I have. :(
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Rflong if I was you I would just go with a save file as CAS is real hard on your video card - even though populated is cool too, I just worry where you have had your pc - which is a very good pc, go down it seems like every time you populate. Granted it is your pc and your choice - but I always feel bad when you work so hard on these worlds for us and then your pc goes down. I know CAS is a beast every since Seasons on video cards and the additional eps since. I have monitors I sometimes turn on that records things like the video card, processors, even the main board and there is definitely stress on the VC when we just make one family in CAS of 4 - so I can imagine running a good number of them through there.

It won't matter much to me truthfully from the simmies I have seen offered - there are some great sims there - and they will be great either way. I use the save file in Bellatrix and love it - at the same time I know it is easy to not use it if I decide I might want to change the characters and start up a new version of the world without the save. So I personally like that option two especially in Bellatrix and especially since we got ITF and ancesters.

But in my view the final decision needs to be yours and I am sure most of us will be happy with either decision, as this world is just plain fantastic.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    edited January 2014
    Rflong - doesn't matter to me but after reading WR post above, I would say don't put yourself through the agony. And that way you tried, would that cause the EA issues of "if you delete a premade family it causes issues in the save later on?"

I would just do your save file, thus affording the oppritunity for simmers to create their own unique town of people if they so wished. I actually was considering it for Evansdale. Using EA's story progression over the years I learned how quickly your town goes from populated to single sims everywhere. LOL So, I know how daunting going into CAS can be to create families, then split them and assign careers and homes and so forth and so on. I almost jumped out my window one night repopulated BP, lol.

I never could understand why CAS is so slow!? I mean, their not doing anything! The game runs better when you have an 8 sim household all doing things all over town then if they stood in a stylist room and got their clothes ironed and their hair done. LOL

Don't stress! (But I can tell how you are so your gonna do what your OCD wants you too! LOL Cuz it's like me)
  • Options
    Smidgieroo3Smidgieroo3 Posts: 457 Member
    edited January 2014
    I have downloaded and been playing in your world for a while now and WOW I LOVE it! So beautiful and it will take my sims forever to see even half the stuff. It feels fresh and new with every outing. I love all the builds I have seen so far. even the starter house they moved into is really nice. I am so happy you made and shared this. Thank you so much. I agree with others here to just do a save file for the population. I really like to populate the world with my sims anyway. I would also like to try your save file too but it would be nice to have the choice of either or both, :)
  • Options
    RukayaRukaya Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited January 2014
    I have to say I agree with everybody. Don't cause yourself stress. I love save files. It is fun to be able to either play the save file or the regular world. Getting excited. I don't remember if the sims I made for you were skilled or not. :?
  • Options
    edited January 2014

Thanks so much everyone. :mrgreen:

I'm trying to move some uploads and redo my installed Store stuff to make sure there's no CC installed. I did have *some Sims with patterns and CC I hopefully removed- got to make sure it's all out by redoing the whole Store. :D

• Options
    ThisKidIsJuniorThisKidIsJunior Posts: 17
    edited January 2014
    I LOVE how this world looks! It's amazing! But sadly I don't meet the requirements needed to download this world. Do you have an empty version of this world? Or do you think I can still run it without major errors? :D
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Hi, ThisKidIsJunior :D

Thanks! :mrgreen:

I thought I had the build version up on Mediafire. I must have moved the wrong file while cleaning all of them.

I will reupload a build version tomorrow to Mediafire. :)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    you do Rflong, I have it - but I could not use that and use the version I was testing at the time, so haven't tried it since I first got it.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    ThisKidIsJuniorThisKidIsJunior Posts: 17
    edited January 2014
    Rflong7 wrote:
    Hi, ThisKidIsJunior :D

Thanks! :mrgreen:

I thought I had the build version up on Mediafire. I must have moved the wrong file while cleaning all of them.

I will reupload a build version tomorrow to Mediafire. :)

Thank you!!! Your amazing!!!!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I got one question to ask those who is playing Beach City, what graphics setting did you guys set for BC?? It tends to eat up memory fast and less than 1 hour it crashes due memory already used up to 4 gb. I do use Nrass SP mod and some others. So need to check on the others who are testing on Beach City ..

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top