Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sunset Valley (Second Edition) - FINAL version available now!

Comments

• Options
    Roger318_Roger318_ Posts: 8 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Hi I download The second Edition Seasons and I was wondering where do i find Pet Shop, Sweet Treats Swimmer Pool, and Town Life Laundry Mart at? I looked in the Community lot place in the game and i don't have them. Any Help would be gratefully Appreciated very much.

By the way i love to new sunset Season very much.
  • Options
    MochaSimDeevaMochaSimDeeva Posts: 10 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Roger318_ wrote:
    Hi I download The second Edition Seasons and I was wondering where do i find Pet Shop, Sweet Treats Swimmer Pool, and Town Life Laundry Mart at? I looked in the Community lot place in the game and i don't have them. Any Help would be gratefully Appreciated very much.

By the way i love to new sunset Season very much.

The Pet Shop came with the limited edition of Pets, I think. The Sweet Treats Swimmer Pool came with the Katy Perry Stuff Pack and the Town Life Laundry came from the Town Life Stuff Pack.
  • Options
    RileyRiot2010RileyRiot2010 Posts: 166
    edited January 2013
    Amazing world, I cannot thank you enough for creating it.

One question though, will any unicorns show up? I'm using the Pets version, but I haven't seen one yet and I've been looking every night...
  • Options
    SanenomoreSanenomore Posts: 13 New Member
    edited January 2013
    I am using the old version of this world and I love it. I really want to try the new one but I dont have the Supernatural expansion and truthfully I dont want it (I dont even use Vampires from Late Night).

Has anyone tried this map without Supernatural? Is there any reason it wouldnt work? Any other expansion and I would have just bought it to use this world but I dont enjoy the Supernatural style game play and I dont want it in my game.
  • Options
    LynxAQLynxAQ Posts: 222 Member
    edited January 2013
    Sanenomore wrote:
    I am using the old version of this world and I love it. I really want to try the new one but I dont have the Supernatural expansion and truthfully I dont want it (I dont even use Vampires from Late Night).

Has anyone tried this map without Supernatural? Is there any reason it wouldnt work? Any other expansion and I would have just bought it to use this world but I dont enjoy the Supernatural style game play and I dont want it in my game.

I don't like the supernatural element in the game as well. There should be no reason the world will not work without supernatural as I don't believe I placed anything supernatural, however I can't be certain.

Give it a try and let me know.
  • Options
    SanenomoreSanenomore Posts: 13 New Member
    edited January 2013
    The world seems to be working wonderfully without 'Supernatural'. I still have only a short time playing on the new version but so far its great.

I spent most of the last several hours 'doctoring' the map like I like it hehe and thought, maybe he'd like to know what I change... well maybe you would maybe not but here is what I do to your map (both versions) before I play them.

1) I always swap out the old stadium with the 'Binders Clips Center' so I have a stadium and big show lot in one. Not sure why you dont do this one.

2) I drop in 'Waylon's Haunt' so there is a dive bar on the map

3) Added the Generations park (as mentioned in your notes) and also drop in 'Performance Park' because I like parks.

4) Also I put in the 'Port a Party Warehouse' so that I have a private venue as well.

5) Finally I add a few households I like (from exchange) to make it less empty in some areas (as I am sure thats why you left the room open to begin with).

The only things left are the missing(?) clubs from 'Late Night'(ie, Exclusive Lounge, local watering hole, sports bar, and disco club). I didnt add them to the older version of the map, but if I find some custom (non-skyscraper) versions in the exchange I might add them for fun this time (so much room). Not sure if they add anything to the game if your not a band oriented Sim. Oh and the cat park.. but who the hell puts in a cat park? lol :)
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I agree, cat parks are stupid. Nobody takes their cat to a park... I fill the town up as well before I start playing. I use twallans SP as the EA one is a pile of ***. I like my towns full, and the EA one will keep the towns population extremely low which leads to horribly quiet worlds... :(

I have always said EA need to give the users more control over the progression. I have a really powerful comp, therefore I should be able to set the world population to what I want or even disable it. But the EA SP is horrid at a lot. Seems like a very lazy made SP tbh.
  • Options
    Simplyfunny3Simplyfunny3 Posts: 41 Member
    edited January 2013
    First of all I loved it :D But would crash plenty. Lagged some. Didn't think much of it. The sims is not perfect. But than as time went on it did that to much. The thing is what I don' t get is my comp, has everything it requires to run well. So still thank you for your hard work and I hope a lot of simmers are enjoying it greatly.
  • Options
    lataya24lataya24 Posts: 329 Member
    edited January 2013
    All i can say is about time i only play sunset and i love ur DL. I love got to find a spot to put the market for my the market place.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    First of all I loved it :D But would crash plenty. Lagged some. Didn't think much of it. The sims is not perfect. But than as time went on it did that to much. The thing is what I don' t get is my comp, has everything it requires to run well. So still thank you for your hard work and I hope a lot of simmers are enjoying it greatly.

Have you tried running the game with NRAAS overwatch and errortrap? These two mods help performance a hell of a lot. This is a big world so it will have a bigger impact of performance than your standard EA made worlds.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Hi LynazAQ,
    I was wondering if you can tell me Why i have lag in That world? I have windows 7 home edition 64bit and 6GB of Ram's. It freezes up on me all the time. I use SAve Cleaner to clean it up and them i run it again and still have the freeze. I love this world better than the origin one.
    Any help would be appreciated.
  • Options
    MandelynMandelyn Posts: 4 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Yes, I have been waiting for this :D Love it absolutely love it.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Roger318_ wrote:
    Hi LynazAQ,
    I was wondering if you can tell me Why i have lag in That world? I have windows 7 home edition 64bit and 6GB of Ram's. It freezes up on me all the time. I use SAve Cleaner to clean it up and them i run it again and still have the freeze. I love this world better than the origin one.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Try using NRAAS overwatch and errortrap. But are you using any other mods or cc? Using a custom SP mod in a large world can cause problems at times. What gfx card do you have?
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I have overwatch and error trap. I have 1023MB Geforce GTX 460.
  • Options
    ZerbuZerbu Posts: 3,457 Member
    edited February 2013
    I've used this world before but I really like the new version. :mrgreen:

I have a suggestion for the next one, you should remove camera non-routable paint to allow swimming to the lighthouse island.
  • Options
    GramcrackersGramcrackers Posts: 1,162 Member
    edited February 2013
    DL'd and rec'd. I'm sure I'm going to enjoy this edition as much as I did SV2. Nice work!
  • Options
    villebro30villebro30 Posts: 276 Member
    edited February 2013
    Sorry if this was already asked, but I just started playing this world (love it, btw!) and I can't seem to find the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 caravan. Just wondering if it was included, and if not, is there a way for me to put one in? I've never done anything with create a world and still trying to figure out the world editor.
  • Options
    Jed_Bartlet_02Jed_Bartlet_02 Posts: 425 Member
    edited February 2013
    This is exactly what I've been looking for - a new, improved Sunset Valley. I couldn't wait! I downloaded and installed it per directions, opened it up fine, played around a bit switching some lots; did not even play a family, tried to save and it crashed...

Here's what the crash log analyzer said:

[UNKNOWN] 2/22/2013 4:46:36 PM
    OS Version: 6.1.7601
    TS3 Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe
    TS3 Version: 0.2.0.188
    Installed RAM: 11.96 GiB
    TS3 Free VM: 2.16 GiB / 4.00 GiB
    Crash Type: ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x00000000
    Crash Address: 0x00913a19 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe":0x0001:0x00512a19

Basically, the CLA doesn't even know why it crashed. Good thing I didn't lose much work, but I know it's not because my computer can't handle it. It's Win 7, 64bit, 3.4Ghz Processor, 12GB RAM; AMD Radeon HD 7700 Graphics...

On edit: I uninstalled the Seasons version and went back to the Generations version and no problems. Must've been because I don't have Pets, but I didn't think that would matter; I have all EPs except Pets and Showtime. No matter. It works fine now and I'm happy!

I must say I am in awe at the time and energy you expended to make us this beautiful version of Sunset Valley and can't wait to move my families to it from the old, stale Sunset Valley. I know I would never have the patience to create a world myself.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    annaxoannaxo Posts: 4 New Member
    edited February 2013
    Hey I'd love to play with this world but no matter what version I try and save, it gets stuck on a certain number. :( Is anyone else having this problem?
  • Options
    DanDan375DanDan375 Posts: 9
    edited February 2013
    I tried installing the Seasons version of the world even though I've only got Ambitions, Generations & Seasons and it works, but after about a minute or two I always get an unhandled page fault. So I decided to just use the Generations version of the world and add in the Sunset Valley festival grounds that appear in the community lot bin when you install Seasons. My question is, is there anything else I need to do to the Generations version of the world to make it Seasons compatible? Any help is greatly appreciated! :)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    RukayaRukaya Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited February 2013
    After playing this new update for some hours I began to experiencing brief lags that developed into freezes which became almost constant. I have a great system and don't have this problem with other large worlds. I have all the eps, and play a completely vanilla game. One of my friends who has a great deal more knowledge than I is going to try it and let me know her experiences. If necessary I will go back to one of your earlier updates, or maybe have to reset my game. Yikes.
  • Options
    ladypacienceladypacience Posts: 1 New Member
    edited March 2013
    I just wanted to say thank you. The town now has all the space I need. I've added homes and community centers and works like a charm. I'm on my 4th generation and my town is well populated and no lag. I have all expasion and stuff.
  • Options
    MillyBertMillyBert Posts: 16
    edited March 2013
    Im just wondering if anyone can help, i dont have supernatural or showtime but i have all the others. what will happen if i was to install this? would it still work?
  • Options
    butterfly61butterfly61 Posts: 1,921 Member
    edited March 2013
    I downloaded this big world and added everything I wanted and I still have room! I have no real problems running it, just the normal momentary freeze I always get for some reason. Is there any way to find out where some spawners are? I can't find anything.
  • Options
    IskalltIskallt Posts: 2
    edited March 2013
    Hey, I can't seem to find a lot for taking Logic classes in this world, doesn't it exist?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top