March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sunset Valley (Second Edition) - FINAL version available now!

Comments

• redheadfan86redheadfan86 Posts: 12 New Member
    edited July 2013
    I'm another big fan of this world. With all of the different worlds out there, I keep coming back to this one and I love the added features brought with this version. Looking forward to the inclusion of the Island Paradise EP here!
  • ChocolotiChocoloti Posts: 328 New Member
    edited July 2013
    We have the pets version and we love it. The only problem we have is Claire Ursine keeps getting stuck when it's time to have her baby. She keeps looping in and out of the hospital or is stuck at home looping in and out of "go to hospital". I've tried many ways for her to give birth, but nothing helps. I even removed the hospital and she still can't have the baby. Everything else is great though.
  • SeamarieSeamarie Posts: 360
    edited July 2013
    Very excited for the IP version! This world is my favorite and even after trying new ones (EP, store, custom, etc.) I still always return to the revamped Sunset Valley. Great work. :)
  • sims8sims8 Posts: 12 New Member
    edited July 2013
    please check out my first the sims 3 series on youtube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hD_caZOwNpI
  • SuniroseSunirose Posts: 460 Member
    edited July 2013
    LnyxAQ, would you consider offering an empty version of this world with your update for Island Paradise? I mean with lots and roads of course, just not any sims or residential/commercial buildings. Don't know if you take requests but thought it wouldn't hurt to ask. :)
  • Tetme7Tetme7 Posts: 11
    edited July 2013
    After getting IP and playing in THAT world, I miss your world. If you put in dive lots; my sim and I would be forever grateful!

It's definitely the world I want to use.

For University, I revamped the area around "Pinocchole school" and made a University complex using the buildings stolen from Uni World. BUT, I can't figure out how to do "dive lots".

Your world is great, and I want to keep playing it!
  • Zebracake33Zebracake33 Posts: 121 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Can't wait for the IP version!! :mrgreen:
  • michellehilbrandmichellehilbrand Posts: 2,331 Member
    edited July 2013
    Sunirose wrote:
    LnyxAQ, would you consider offering an empty version of this world with your update for Island Paradise? I mean with lots and roads of course, just not any sims or residential/commercial buildings. Don't know if you take requests but thought it wouldn't hurt to ask. :)

I second this, especially about the people. It would be nice to not have to play the same people every time.

It is by far my favorite world. I put my sims in Dragon Valley this time and then moved them to IP. They really want to come home to Sunset Valley. I am so glad you are making an IP version. I know it is going to be a lot of work, so we will wait patiently.
  • SimsGuineaPigSimsGuineaPig Posts: 530 New Member
    edited July 2013
    This looks amazing! I have all expansions except University Life and I'm hoping I won't get any problems if I don't have this one pack. Does it contain any stuff pack content?
  • Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    edited August 2013
    I am so HAPPY!!! This is my absolute all time favourite world and have been playing from the very beginning through all the updates, thanks LynxAQ for making a IP version fo this, just cannot wait .........

You are my hero :D

P.S. Claire Ursine has trouble having her baby in mine too ??? I tried resetting the hospital and that doesn't help. I wonder how to fix her?

Oh, and I really don't want to seem to winge, but the legacy lot in the new opened area seems to be always in shade :( the sun never shines there, is there a way to cut that mountain out?? LOL
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • ScarletQueenKatScarletQueenKat Posts: 792 Member
    edited August 2013
    Hi LynxAQ,

This world is amazing! I love Sunset Valley as well, so it was a real treat to find this version. I only have one issue, the routing. I opened it up in CAW (because I'm very picky on routing) and there were a lot of "alone white dots", which is probably why a lot of people are having lag problems. Just wanted to let you know so you can maybe take that in consideration before your next release for Island Paradise :). You also want to watch for guardrails and fences being too close to the road. This is a good guide to go by, it helped me a lot when editing worlds.

Other than that, it's perfect good job! :thumbup:
    🌹 Scarlet's Mod List - Includes ALL mods, links to their latest versions, last updated dates, sorting options, and more!
  • bkc2001bkc2001 Posts: 9
    edited August 2013
    I really want this town but I don't have all EPs!! :'(
  • NeonAngelNeonAngel Posts: 90 New Member
    edited August 2013
    wow, this looks wonderful and thanks so much for sharing it. will you be updating the ocean at all for Island Paradise. At present I cant get my house boats or water taxis to navigate the surrounding ocean as i think it was originally made un routable or something. i have no idea how to fix this in CAW. i would like some dive spots added too. thats a lot to ask i know. but just a suggestion :)
  • NeonAngelNeonAngel Posts: 90 New Member
    edited August 2013
    omg...i just went in the town and played for a few hours...im so amazed at the amount of expansion to the world. so many nice flat open space now. its so wonderful. i love it...only sad to see the relationships were severed but that can be easily fixed. Sunset Valley was always my fave world and now Ill never play any other version except this one....thanks so much
  • DovaXETDovaXET Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    When I place lots on water, a strange thing happen. A square of land appears, instead of that square being underwater. Is it because this world is not island paradise compatible or something?
  • LucyBorgiaLucyBorgia Posts: 753 Member
    edited August 2013
    DovaXET wrote:
    When I place lots on water, a strange thing happen. A square of land appears, instead of that square being underwater. Is it because this world is not island paradise compatible or something?

If you want the lot under water, you have to flatten it to match the level of the ground (sea bed!) around it - if the lots didn't place above water, we wouldn't be able to add islands. Have a look here http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/689285.page & go through the translation mcrudd has put here for us. Following through the flattening & seaweed placement with demolishing the lot gives the sea bed of your lot interest in peaks & troughs rather than an unconvincing smooth sea bed.
  • PlayDnsPrcPlayDnsPrc Posts: 6 New Member
    edited September 2013
    By any chance do you have an idea on how much longer it will be for the Island Paradise edition will be ready? I love your work and I check this page everyday. You are very awesome and I am very excited to play your next edition. Thanks s much!
  • liljadefernliljadefern Posts: 106 New Member
    edited September 2013
    Oh wow, so happy to see that you'll be releasing an IP version! This is my favorite neighborhood, I almost always default to it when I start a new game.
  • ArielDelphinusArielDelphinus Posts: 628 Member
    edited September 2013
    I love Sunset Valley. Been my favorite since day 1. Can't wait until you do a IP version. I have been trying to make my own IP but what a pain trying to make it look less tropical, and for the life of me can't figure out how to make pretty streets with a sidewalk.
    “Because if you don't stand up for the stuff you don't like, when they come for the stuff you do like, you've already lost.”
    ― Neil Gaiman
  • Kerem93Kerem93 Posts: 149 Member
    edited September 2013
    Thank you!
    Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground.

-Theodore Roosevelt

• BiddyBoo_TwoBiddyBoo_Two Posts: 117 Member
    edited September 2013
    Hello!! One question: Do I need Island Paradise and University Life? I don't have those and I REALLY want this world!!!
  • LinkZweiLinkZwei Posts: 6
    edited October 2013
    The second school in my world is missing. Any one else have problem and have a fix? I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the world, however that hasn't worked. I have all expansions and stuff packs (Minus Katy Perry's Sweet Treats and Fast Lane)
  • Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    edited October 2013
    LynxAQ where are you?? Hope everything is OK, I see there are a few of us who are visiting this page quite often to see what is happening, I know RL can get in the way sometimes but just hope everything is going OK.

I would really love this world to anew seeing though we have ITF now lol would be great to play in here again :D
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • X2CNesiaX2CNesia Posts: 1
    edited October 2013
    Hey could you upload the seasons version on mediafire.
  • PlayDnsPrcPlayDnsPrc Posts: 6 New Member
    edited November 2013
    Well...Guess its probably safe to say IP one is not happening. Oh well, I still love to play the seasons version!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top