Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sunset Valley (Second Edition) - FINAL version available now!

Comments

• TnnScoTnnSco Posts: 102 New Member
    edited March 2013
    I have it downloaded but can't play:( it keeps crashing! And it won't save. Can anyone help?
  • CrazycatldyCrazycatldy Posts: 4,588 Member
    edited March 2013
    I DL'd your original SV and just DL'd the Seasons world and gave you a Rec. I really enjoyed the one I've been playing in and am looking forward to starting a game in the newest version.
    :D

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • bubblefun101bubblefun101 Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    LynxAQ wrote:
    No it doesn't. It will show up in your town list as Sunset Valley (Second Edition). No question is stupid imo. :)

Hello you said it shows up as another world can i just add my main family and move on or do i have to get tech and change the ea folders ? or do i have to unstall the whole game ?
  • obliviwindobliviwind Posts: 2
    edited March 2013
    any chance of a university life world?
    :-) :):D:lol: 8) :roll: :wink:
  • YorkieGirl4YorkieGirl4 Posts: 361 Member
    edited March 2013
    Oh wow, you really did an amazing job expanding! There's so much more room, yet it all looks like it belongs. Definitely bookmarking this for when my computer decides to cooperate. :lol: Thanks so much for making Sunset Valley even more awesome than it originally was!
  • TimWatson224TimWatson224 Posts: 442 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Crashed.... :(:(:(:(:(
  • michellehilbrandmichellehilbrand Posts: 2,331 Member
    edited April 2013
    First off, I adore this world. One thing I want to mention is that the intersection next to the police station that takes you to the science facility seems to have a routing issue. If it isn't just me, it may be a cause of lag in the game. The Sims that live up there disembark from their transportation and stand on the corner until they are prompted to do something else. The school kids find it hard to go to school. I had a Sim that lived up there learn to drive and they drove to that spot and the car went back into inventory and the Sim proceeded to run through the pathways until their meter said they learned to drive. I have also had them drive through the hills. I moved the families to a different part of town and had everything up there businesses. I don't know if anyone else has noticed this. I may have caused it in someway??
  • osn4posn4p Posts: 48
    edited April 2013
    The only expansion I don't have is supernatural so which one could I download?
  • NeonivekNeonivek Posts: 1,373 Member
    edited April 2013
    YEAH! Finally an updated version!
  • DRBootyQueenDRBootyQueen Posts: 12 New Member
    edited April 2013
    Thank you so much for this!!! It is magnificent and exactly what I had been looking for! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • TwiprinTwiprin Posts: 144 Member
    edited May 2013
    Thanks a lot for updating the town for seasons! Sunset Valley is still my favorite town and I've played almost exclusively on older versions of your edits. I'm currently reinstalling pets so I can use the map properly :)

I can say for anyone who isn't sure about which version to download, if you use the older edits of the map seasons will still work perfectly fine on them. You just might have to manually put in the festival grounds if you want festivals to appear.
  • musicshortyxomusicshortyxo Posts: 142 Member
    edited May 2013
    This is absolutely brilliant! Quick question though: because Seasons is the expansion pack after Pets, is that the world I need to download and it'll have all the Pets lots in there?
  • JaegerJaeger Posts: 256 Member
    edited May 2013
    I downloaded this big world and added everything I wanted and I still have room! I have no real problems running it, just the normal momentary freeze I always get for some reason. Is there any way to find out where some spawners are? I can't find anything.

There is that lifetime achievement award that shows you where the spawners are. Cheat to get the points, buy it, see if the spawners are there, delete lifetime achievement award (if you want, feels like cheating to me, I don't ever get it unless playing a mad scientist type).
  • musicshortyxomusicshortyxo Posts: 142 Member
    edited May 2013
    Two things

1) for some reason the lite version of Sunset Valley isn't opening in CAW, so i'm not sure what's up with that
    2) is there a way to bulldoze all the riverview and twinbrook lots and then save it?
  • LynxAQLynxAQ Posts: 222 Member
    edited May 2013
    I will be making an Island Paradise Version and most likely will be the last version of this map. I will open up the island in Sunset Valley with IP community lots etc as well as add in any relevant IP lots to the mainland.

Most crashes caused by this world are due to lower end PC's. As this is a large world and Sims 3 has a very bad game engine along with the program being a 32 bit application, the results are never going to be too good if you have a lower end PC.

My two tips would be to lower settings in the game or upgrade your PC. The most effective upgrades for Sims 3 are processor, hard drive speed and RAM speed. Upgrading your RAM beyond 4gb is meaningless as Sims 3 is a 32 bit application. You are better off getting faster Mhz on the RAM. Upgrading your standard mechanical hard drive to SSD will see vast improvements. Upgrading your processor will also see vast improvements as Sims 3 is a very processor dependent application, which also means upgrading your GPU when you have a decent mid range one already is a waste of time.

However upgrading your PC for Sims 3 when Sims 4 is around the corner seems just as pointless :).
  • sport0714sport0714 Posts: 142 Member
    edited May 2013
    This is really nice work. :D
  • singingtessasingingtessa Posts: 3
    edited June 2013
    LynxAQ wrote:
    5) Now cut this file out and place it in your install directory of sims 3 in the following folder - *Where ever you installed Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds\ (You should see the original sunset valley here as well.)

Having trouble understanding what the parts in bold mean.
  • LynxAQLynxAQ Posts: 222 Member
    edited June 2013
    I have taken the time to extract and upload all the Sims 2 Simlish music found in the Sims 2 base game and all the Sims 2 expansions and stuff packs!

The post is found here with the links to download the music: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/682959.page#10917275
  • sraf22sraf22 Posts: 18
    edited June 2013
    :( i cant seem to get it to work .. when I get to the load screen. once it its about at the half way point to loading up the towm the game shuts off .. not sure why.. but it wont seem to let me play this town .. looks pretty cool
  • AMMUNRE58AMMUNRE58 Posts: 24 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Im looking for the download of this world again, I had to re install my sims 3 games and i didnt get this one backed up :( does anyone know where i can get it? the links that were provided link to page that no longer exists.
  • bootsycannibalbootsycannibal Posts: 230 Member
    edited June 2013
    Is this compatible with the latest patch, 1.55?
  • MakeBelieveMakeBelieve Posts: 331 Member
    edited June 2013
    Is this compatible with the latest patch, 1.55?

Just redownloaded after the 1.55 patch, and works perfectly for me :)
    However, if others are having problems, I wouldn't take my word for it.
    Guess the only way to know is to try it out.
    :D
  • bootsycannibalbootsycannibal Posts: 230 Member
    edited June 2013
    I love this world, freeking waiting for the IP version....
  • Tigger19Tigger19 Posts: 1,516 New Member
    edited July 2013
    I just came across this and I can't wait to play it! Will there be an Island Paradise version available? and if so when will it be available? :D Thanks!
  • JordanGJordanG Posts: 29 Member
    edited July 2013
    Love this town. Its really good that we can now move in between towns, i no longer have to start over after every version.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top