Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Under The Tartosan Sun

Comments

• Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,853 Member
    Starting to get caught up. Good writing skills.

Thank you so much.❤️ I'm glad you're enjoying the story.
  • Options
    ZazzyKittynZazzyKittyn Posts: 371 Member
    @DaniRose2143 click on the front door of the residence you are living in and do the following steps to keep the welcome wagon away without the need of mods
    1. Will see the option for "No Trespassing" choose that one
    2. Will then have four options for the "welcome wagon" you will need to choose the option "Disallow Solicitors" now no more welcome wagon
    I do this whenever don't want the welcome wagon to come especially when doing the "Runaway Teen or Big Sister/Brother" challenges cause one of the rules is not allowed to talk with anyone that isn't a child or teen
    If you already know sorry just finished pg 19
    Love everything about our group of sisters and their partners, friends, families and how they got back to those that deserved what happened to them
  • Options
    @ZazzyKittyn Thank you for the tips! My problem is tied to Londyn and Danielle's fame. Londyn draws at least two, sometimes three or four paparazzi when she goes to a community lot, and she's only a three-star celeb! When I send the friend group to a community lot I have to merge them into a single household, otherwise the game will send some of them home to make room for paparazzi and fans under the 20 sim limit for all lots. Creating an active group doesn't stop this, the game will disband the group if they aren't all in the same household. I accept that there is a tradeoff for being famous, just as there is in real life, but really. C'mon Maxis, respect at least some boundaries. A mid-level celeb out with her friends should expect her boundaries to be respected and that her friends are more important than some anonymous media vultures.

If you've loved the friendships so far they're about to take another step forward. And Leonardo is really going to have his misogynistic world collapse around him. He's built his world around thinking women are his playthings and less than him, but Izabella will prove him wrong. Oh so very, very wrong! She is not as dumb as he thinks she is. In fact she is not dumb by any stretch of the imagination, and smarter than him by miles and she sees through his game.😉 Real men see women as equals and partners. Leonardo doesn't, but he thinks he's a real man. You will love his downfall and the fact that it was a woman he considered a fool and dumb as a brick that saw through him and his game! Izabella is not stupid in any shape, manner, or form as he will learn.😁 She turns the stereotype of dumb blondes on its head.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    @DaniRose2143 read the brief info on "Hates Paparazzi" trait by KiaraSims but from what I read it doesn't stop the paparazzi from following you but you can threaten bribe them to go away and a few other interactions and she is the only modder I know who does have a mod for the paparazzi

Liberty thought she looked gorgeous in all the dresses she tried on even though a couple might have been more striking with different hair style and colour.

Only good thing I see in Leonardo's future is ending up to be someone's little sub while in jail or prison but again that might still not make him change his way
    All caught up can't wait to see what happens with all the wedding prepartions and wedding, how Matteo will act when he learns about his sister's past and his past, and what you have for their careers, future etc
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    @DaniRose2143 If you use MCCC you can expand the number of Sims allowed on a lots.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    @ZazzyKittyn I’ll take a look at that trait. I have a mod from Little Ms Sam that gives lot traits to prevent paparazzi and overzealous fans from invading lots but it hasn’t been working lately. I need to double check but I think it’s up to date, but I could be wrong. Someday Allegra will tell Matteo what happened but she’s going to wait until after he gets back from the honeymoon.

@GalacticGal I need to finish setting up the new save so that I can use it again for this story. The nearest save point to where that game wrecking bug last July would take as much work to bring up to date so I figured just start fresh. I’ve made copies of all the important sims and lots and I have most of them in place. I still need to cheat relationships and skills to the levels they’re at now.
  • Options
    @DaniRose2143 found another mod that help deal with the Paparazzi situation this one is done by Carl link below
    info about blocking the paparazzi is about half way done or just do a search and enter "Block Paparazzi Situations:"
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/69926427
  • Options
    @ZazzyKittyn That sounds great. I have lots of Carl's mods and found them very useful, but weirdly I didn't have that one. I'll be picking that one up before I start the next chapter.
  • Options
    This upcoming chapter may be delayed a bit. I have to finish setting up the fresh new save file. The current one is so corrupted it's really causing problems. When I did Londyn and Danielle's wedding I had trouble with uninvited sims invading the venue and getting in the way while they scurried around like ants. And the game would send invited sims home to make room for more 'walkers'. It's ten times worse now and after an experiment with the Schemes save I realized it's in this save only. That aging bug last summer did more damage than I knew. Hopefully I can get everything copied over into a fresh save and then rebuild skills and relationships. If not I do have older save points I can use that weren't affected but I would still have to rebuild skills, relationships, lots and outfits to catch up to where things are at right now.🙂

Hopefully with any luck I can get all of that done today and get back to work tomorrow, if not later today.
  • Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,642 Member
    @DaniRose2143, well it sucks that you have to rebuild your game but I'm sure you can do it. Whatever you end up with, and however long it takes, I'll be looking forward to seeing the next chapter when it arrives.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    @luciusstorm It does suck, but at least for me, it's just the delay in working on new content that sucks most. I've been noticing my game is starting to bog down again so a major clean out of my mods folder is coming soon. Now may be the best time. While I'm rebooting this story and slow rolling out the rewritten old chapters of Schemes I can do some house cleaning.
  • Options
    This upcoming chapter may be delayed a bit. I have to finish setting up the fresh new save file. The current one is so corrupted it's really causing problems. When I did Londyn and Danielle's wedding I had trouble with uninvited sims invading the venue and getting in the way while they scurried around like ants. And the game would send invited sims home to make room for more 'walkers'. It's ten times worse now and after an experiment with the Schemes save I realized it's in this save only. That aging bug last summer did more damage than I knew. Hopefully I can get everything copied over into a fresh save and then rebuild skills and relationships. If not I do have older save points I can use that weren't affected but I would still have to rebuild skills, relationships, lots and outfits to catch up to where things are at right now.🙂

Hopefully with any luck I can get all of that done today and get back to work tomorrow, if not later today.

What @luciusstorm said. Take your time, get it right so that you feel good about the end results. We'll be here. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    It hasn't been that bad so far. I won't have it done today, but it really won't be too long. It will be worth it to have a clean save to work with.

Since I do need to thin out my mods folder too there might be some outfit changes for some of the cast, but the important stuff, hairstyles, iconic outfits, and skin details won't change. I may have to grab some characters here or there to fix a missing top or something, but that's the price I pay for getting so carried away with cc and needing these clean outs.🤣
  • Options
    @DaniRose2143 take your time no one going anywheres and those that do well its not your problem its theirs
  • Options
    I wish this post was bringing you the long overdue 41st chapter, but it's not. I don't know when Liberty's wedding will be finished. None of the wedding events is cooperating with me and I'm getting really flustered. I have another problem too, I have a deadline coming up on Friday for the next Schemes & Dreams hanging over my head and I'm really feeling the pressure. I think things will go easier if I get the pressure of that deadline off my shoulders and then come back to this one.

I'm sorry for all the teases and all the times that I've gotten your hopes up for this chapter. It's going to be at least tomorrow if not Friday or Saturday before I have Liberty's wedding ready.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    What's up with the deadline for Schemes and Dreams? 🤔 You shouldn't pressure yourself to present an episode based on a schedule/time frame. We'll be here when your updates are ready.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,928 Member
    Agree with @simgirl1010 above :) although I do understand that you set a release schedule to yourself, but "life happens".. in this case more likely "game happens" :)

I said to simgirl1010 in another thread that watching weddings in her game and yours made me 100% sure to do regular bathroom elopes :D looks too complicated , hahaa, love to watch, but not gonna do myself :p
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    Thank you both for the encouragement.❤️ When I put up the placeholder for the next chapter of Schemes I put on there that the next chapter would be releasing on September 1st. When I did it, I thought I had left myself more than enough time to finish Liberty's wedding and that one by then. I suppose it isn't a hard deadline and maybe I should just go take that release date down. I really do want to get this chapter done and I'm just feeling flustered because it's taken longer and hasn't been as easy as I thought it would be.🙂
  • Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,642 Member
    Speaking as someone who a) sets themselves unreasonable deadlines and b) has way too many story ideas... I feel your pain.

Just remember, a self-imposed deadline is an ambition, not an obligation. We do this for fun, so do what's fun. If working on Schemes and Dreams would be fun for you, do it. If finishing Liberty's wedding would be fun, do that. If taking some time off from the Sims to play Skyrim or Civilization or just watch TV would be fun, do that.

So, while I am eagerly awaiting the next step on the lives of characters who I love so much that I "borrowed" them for my own story, I can wait. :)
    Now, if you'll excuse me, this cold has knocked me totally off track for posting three Chapters this week and I really need to get at least one more done, set up the new save for my next story, work on the concepts for the two after that and...

... maybe I'll play Skyrim. :)
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    I wish this post was bringing you the long overdue 41st chapter, but it's not. I don't know when Liberty's wedding will be finished. None of the wedding events is cooperating with me and I'm getting really flustered. I have another problem too, I have a deadline coming up on Friday for the next Schemes & Dreams hanging over my head and I'm really feeling the pressure. I think things will go easier if I get the pressure of that deadline off my shoulders and then come back to this one.

I'm sorry for all the teases and all the times that I've gotten your hopes up for this chapter. It's going to be at least tomorrow if not Friday or Saturday before I have Liberty's wedding ready.

Now you understand why I don't tease what's coming up, besides the fact I don't pre-script my game. Nothing wrong with pre-scripting at all, I just like to fly by the seat of my pants. (I mostly write my novels that way, too.) No worries. Relax and just let if flow.
  • Options
    What's up with the deadline for Schemes and Dreams? 🤔 You shouldn't pressure yourself to present an episode based on a schedule/time frame. We'll be here when your updates are ready.

^What she said.
  • Options
    @DaniRose2143 just remember deadlines and schedules we place on ourselves as long as not for work or expected by others IRL then just reschedule set new deadlines better yet don't make them
    Sorry that having troubles with the wedding maybe the game is telling you that they don't want a wedding but to elope and then when back from honeymoon have a gathering to celebrate
  • Options
    edited August 2023

Now you understand why I don't tease what's coming up, besides the fact I don't pre-script my game. Nothing wrong with pre-scripting at all, I just like to fly by the seat of my pants. (I mostly write my novels that way, too.) No worries. Relax and just let if flow.

My problem was I came into my vacation planning to release a chapter of both stories, and maybe even another chapter of this one by now. It simply wasn't realistic. I keep telling myself not to plan, just write. Then I realize it's been two months since the last update and I put pressure on myself to deliver.

Sometimes the stories are gameplay driven, sometimes the gameplay is to support the vision I have for the story. Teasers are my way of not coming in here and just blabbing every detail of the story. I can keep secrets, but it's a struggle if it's something that really excites me. I need to trust and believe in my chaotic creativity and let it flow on its own schedule, but I won't lie, it's hard a lot of the time. As a reader/consumer I'm into instant gratification, but as a creator I know that's not how inspiration and creativity works and flows. I have to separate the two.

One thing I'm not is burnt out! Not in the least!😁

• Options
    @ZazzyKittyn I've only ever done one wedding with the MWS pack and that was about this time last year for Londyn and Danielle. I took some time this morning and went back and reread those two chapters and reminded myself how I went about all the things like the rehearsal, the rehearsal dinner, etc. The way forward is much clearer now, but there's a lot of work to do. I didn't remember how I got from fiancés to newlyweds as well as I thought I did. I don't need to do all the little events leading up to the ceremony or afterwards, but I want to do them.

Now that I've done that I'm inspired to rewrite a large part of the text after Londyn's heart to heart with her mom.

@luciusstorm I hope you feel better soon! I'm glad to 'loan' you my characters. You did a wonderful job of keeping them true to who they are while still making them your own, in your own universe. I only hope I can return the favor properly in this upcoming chapter.🙂

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top