Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Under The Tartosan Sun

1293031323335...Next

Comments

• Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,642 Member
    @DaniRose2143, fantastic
    Love and music are in the air. I wonder where things will go next for Vanessa and Allegra.

Meanwhile, Danielle and Londyn get to celebrate the sweet taste of victory. Welcome to the big time. :)
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,434 Member
    Yay! New update☺️
    Congratulations Londyn and Danielle!
    Great shots from both angles of them first meeting. They were really hit it offπŸ₯° What a fun night, looking forward to their official first date ☺️
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,853 Member
    edited March 9
    @Ellupelluellu Thank you so much!❀️
    If you think there were sparks on their unofficial date, wait until you see what happened the following Friday!πŸ₯° I had let the spoiler slip last week when I posted the picture of four trophies on the table next to their TV.πŸ˜ƒ The next Accolades will be the one where Londyn was nominated for her role in the TV rom-com "The Love Doctors".

@luciusstorm Thank you very much❀️
    The ladies are stars now. Two Accolades trophies and the count is sure to climb. Now I just have to figure out how I can display them all?πŸ˜† Don't get me wrong, it's a nice problem to have.😎

@BlueSeaWaves Thank you❀️ You may not have to wait very long.😲

After messing around on AHQ and seeing what HTML is like, and to make my life easier, and updates more frequent I'm going to go back to writing shorter chapters and I'm going to restrict the use of poses to special times like Londyn's photoshoot. Instead of covering three, or four, or even five different storylines in one chapter I'm going to keep it to one, maybe two if it helps to setup the main plot of that chapter. I had fun getting really descriptive with my writing and using poses almost exclusively, but it wore me out and slowed me down. I'm going to do the same with Schemes and Dreams too.

I have some footage of one date that Venessa and Allegra went on already, but I'm going to sit down tonight or in the morning and have them go on another and get some better shots. I'd like to get one more chapter in before the 12th and then after that maybe one every 4-6 weeks until the forum move since I don't know if transferring posts will be as difficult as it with AHQ.
    Post edited by DaniRose2143 on
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,882 Member
    @DaniRose2143
    That chapter had me spellbound!

Congratulations to both Danielle and Londyn!
    Danielle had rubbed off on her and she found herself listening and watching as the conversation unfolded,

You captured the perfect expression on Londyn's face. :D She's looking like she doesn't want to miss a word.

That pic of Londyn stepping up on the stage is perfect! She looks like owns the world.

Allegra and Venessa really hit it off. Another wedding on the horizon?
  • Options
    manicpot8tomanicpot8to Posts: 222 Member
    oooh things are getting spicy
    I cannot wait to see the love blossom between those two!
    28dul88f8gdo.png
  • Options
    edited March 9
    @simgirl1010 Thank you❀️
    Those pictures of Londyn listening in on Venessa and Allegra were a gift from the game. I noticed her expression and it was pure gold. That 'Ooo child' kind of side eye thing combined with her smile, perfection! Londyn has that quiet confidence and she owned that room! That was another picture where the game gave me a perfect picture. Oh yes, there's another wedding on the horizon...Summer and Darian's.🀣 Now that I'm going back to shorter chapters I want to focus more chapters on them. I feel bad that I've neglected their part in this little love story.

@manicpot8to Thank you too❀️
    Right now their relationship is a jalapeno. I think by the time that first official date is over it's gonna be a habanero!
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,608 Member
    edited March 11
    sorry wrong section posted by accident
    in my bookmarks*
    Post edited by LeucosiaX on
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,608 Member
    Great chapter @DaniRose2143 - And that dress Londyn is wearing is πŸ‘Œ Material looks so real and drapes so nicely. Congratulations to bot Londyn and Danielle on their Accolade awards. I love this pose you have Londyn doing holding the trophy up- that's not in game, right? I just saw Cillian Murphy do it for his Oscar win and added it to my caption when Catty won, but that's a rad pose. Really good! You have a collection of amazing screenshots in this post and the space you made for the award ceremony looks fantastic. I love the club room drama and you do a great job showing the connection these sims are having. Thanks for sharing. πŸ™‚
  • Options
    @LeucosiaX Thank you so much❀️
    Londyn's dress is Rosa and it's from Sentate. It's too bad that she's a celebrity and therefore would never dream of wearing the same gown twice. But then again I always thought that idea was a bit ridiculous and it is my game so she'll wear it again at some point. You'll be happy to hear that I didn't use any poses for Londyn or Danielle's acceptance speeches. The game has a decent selection of poses that it randomly chooses from for each speech. Danielle never held her trophy up unlike when she won her first and neither one blew kisses to the crowd which is one I love and I want them to do for obvious reasons. That is the last Accolades in Tartosan Sun with that venue. The next one will be at the new one I just finished.πŸ˜ƒ
  • Options
    Hey friends! I hope everyone's weekend is off to a great start.❀️

So last night I had a dream. In my dream I rebooted this story. All the way back to when Danielle, Summer, and Liberty were just out of high school. I thought about it before as a separate story. A flashback story. With all the elaborate sets and things I've done my saves for this story are a jumbled mess. I have so many side saves(14) that even after the last reboot it's a mess all over again. I've done so many rollbacks and recoveries I no longer know which save file is the main. I've been horrible about not tracking save names.

I'm leaning towards a total reboot. Like, 75/25. All the characters we love would still be there. I would redo all of the iconic moments. All of the couples would still get together. That's one of my regrets. I never showed their relationships growing and evolving. It was zero to soulmates in like two or three chapters.πŸ€ͺ I could show Matteo and Darian's backstories. I've never really done Londyn's backstory either. I showed her as an 18 year old with locs, but she had straight hair in the present. Little details like how she made the decision would be fun to explore. What pressure to change made her do that?

I have lots of random time jumps. Lots of open plot holes. And a weird mix of the real world and the Simsverse. There's also a lot of outfit fixes after the mods folder cleanup. Maybe my dream was trying to tell me something?

I'm not saying I'm going to do it for sure. But I'm loving the possibilities it creates. The only thing is we're so deep into this one. So many storylines left to finish. Then again I would come back to where we are now. Somethings would change a little. Some wouldn't. Maybe Danielle and Londyn would have more awards. I would have lots of work to do world building too. I'd also need some new characters and makeovers for the current ones.

You all are as emotionally invested as I am. I'd love to hear your feelings. I know the decision is all on me. I'm sure you all will come along for the ride again. I felt you deserved to know what I'm thinking.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,928 Member
    It's just like I am extremely interested of the early years of Gwen and Cassie in @luciusstorm 's story I would totally be so in here too.

As example, I'm also curious to see @GalacticGal having a story where Erik is newborn , StrangerVille or upper part of Chesnut Ridge would make good Vulcan.

so after tagging (I apologise) people who do not write this story, my point was , I would be very interested to read from that far in past... hey I love all flashbacks :D
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    @Ellupelluellu This wouldn't be a flashback per se. It would be starting all over but going deeper into the characters. Fleshing out their stories. This was my first attempt at storytelling. I've learned so much. I've grown so much. I feel like I could tell their stories better now. We'd still end up back here with Venessa and Allegra starting what looks like another beautiful romance.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,928 Member
    @Ellupelluellu This wouldn't be a flashback per se.

Yes, I know that. I only mentioned it (flashback part) as a joke as half of my story is about flashbacks :) As a joke with I meant I love reading the past, flashback, new sidestory or rewrite of existing story :)

I hope this did clarify my words, I am bad at explaining in English :) Sorry about that.

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    @Ellupelluellu No sorries needed.πŸ™‚ That was all my broken brain.πŸ€ͺ
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    @DaniRose2143 Sometimes a story just needs a good, old-fashioned reset. Your ideas are intriguing, to be sure. Whatever you decide, I know we'll get a richly written story out of it. And, if the futures for your Sims are altered a tad, which one of us in RL haven't been altered by what life has thrown at us, right?

I'm beginning to regret what I've most recently infused into my story. To the point I'm only playing to get to the wedding. (Haven't thrown a wedding in a good long while.) So, your dreams, which is where the subconscious talks to us, is likely voicing something you ignore in your conscious moments. If you feel strongly enough about it, I say go for it.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,450 Member
    @DaniRose2143 I wouldn't mind if you did a reboot. Would be like exploring a slightly different branch of the Multiverse so to speak πŸ™‚.
  • Options
    I have so many thoughts... I haven't read any responses after @DaniRose2143 original post suggesting reboot because I want to share my first thoughts, uninfluenced.

As someone very invested in Under the Tarosan Sun, I am very intrigued by the idea of a reboot/flashback.

I am loving my Raven's Apprentice flashback story, getting a chance to explore and expand on the origins of two of my favorite characters. As I write it, I am getting many ideas for continuing with the flashbacks, possibly exploring in greater depth Gwen and Cassie's college years, Cassie's rise to fame and her time with Don Lothario. With those ideas of my own story at the forefront of my mind, I think the idea of seeing the origins of Danielle, Londyn, Liberty, Summer and their friends and partners sounds really exciting.

My one "ask" is entirely selfish... "immediately post high school" UtTS is basically contemporary with Raven's Apprentice I would love, love, love to see a crossover with teen Gwen and Cas in the background and see Doug Brown show up as Danielle's old Language and Literature teacher encouraging her to pursue her dream of being a writer. Yes, it's selfish but that would make me very happy. :)
  • Options
    @GalacticGal I've grown so much since I first started this story. The early chapters were really rushed and clumsy. I'm seeing it more and more while I copy the story to AHQ. That's where I think the idea for the reboot was born. I take the time to read each chapter before I post the link. Danielle's journey to coming out never was explored. That would be fascinating to see.

@Starfree Thank you so much.❀️

@luciusstorm I'll see what I can work up.😊 I'm not planning to go all the way back to high school. I might change my mind and maybe start with their senior year. For now it would start soon after high school. They could still be in the background. I will have some Uni stuff. That's where Darian made his 'fortune' with his buddies. Liberty might go to Uni too. I think having her go straight into spy work would be better. Anyway, I'm getting off topic.

I'm all the more convinced that starting over is the way to go. I can make it better than it was the first time. That's for sure.😊
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,434 Member
    I'd love to see it, more opportunities to explore characters in the younger years and more of what shaped them
  • Options
    @BlueSeaWaves Thank you very much😊

It's settled then.πŸ˜ƒ I'll get to work setting up a new Under The Tartosan Sun. I'll wait until the new forums open to start posting it. I have lots of work to do and I can start building up material. Until then I'll keep playing the original and see what storylines it might create.

Thank you all for your input. I appreciate it so much.πŸ’–
  • Options
    @DaniRose2143, I think this is going to be really interesting. Feel free to message me if you want to talk about crossover stuff (or not... I just think it's fun). :)
  • Options
    @DaniRose2143, I think this is going to be really interesting. Feel free to message me if you want to talk about crossover stuff (or not... I just think it's fun). :)

I will.😊 My mind is full of ideas already.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top