Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Under The Tartosan Sun

Comments

• Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,833 Member
    @GalacticGal Uffda sums it up nicely. Not seeing the forest for the trees is another good description. It never occurred to me to connect the timing of the problem and the timing of the patch together. I was so caught up in Londyn and Danielle's wedding that I missed the connection. Normally that's an automatic reaction for me except this one time. It only took me nearly a year to figure it out. I don't know for a fact that's the culprit, I haven't entirely tested it, but that's a veryyyy long string of coincidences if it isn't.🤦🏻‍♀️
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    edited June 2023
    Omg!!
    Felt like I was watching one of my favorite Food Network shows. 😄
    You're really talented in drawing the reader in. I'm an avid reader and with some of my favorite novels I feel as if I'm actually watching the story unfold. Your stories have that same effect.
    Just adding that maybe in the next cooking episode Summer can mention that all the recipes and instructions are available on her website. Just a small detail. Not a big deal.
  • Options
    @simgirl1010 Thank you so much.❤️
    I've been working on being more descriptive with the settings in my stories. It means a lot to read that and it made my day.🤗
  • Options
    @BlueSeaWaves I'm so sorry I forgot to reply to you.😔
    That little island is so beautiful I couldn't go through with my original plan to have them build a bigger house on the beach lot next to the club. Eventually when they're ready to start a family they're going to have to say goodbye to it, or maybe keep it as a holiday home. The line about makeup had me laughing too. I could totally picture teenage Allegra elbowing Matteo because he was pestering her or got in her way while she was doing her makeup.🤣 Those dresses were lovely but I'm still not sure which one she's going to choose just yet.🤔
  • Options
    hellohannah2hellohannah2 Posts: 839 Member
    whew!
    all that talk about delicious food has made me hungry - you really know your way around those mouth watering descriptions. Speaking of - how sweet is Darian to suggest the studio for Summer <3 I loved the part when she thought back on her past relationships with Travis and Leonardo (yuck) and was so grateful for the true love that she found in the end. She's right! That man really is a unicorn, I love how dedicated he is to her, and how he's so willing to help her to strive for her dreams. Their little kiss with the camera still rolling made me giggle.

Yes! Danielle chose Jasmine, which we knew she would, but it was nice to read about their phone call and how privately excited Jasmine was to secure her as a client. She's certainly well prepared, by the looks of it! I have a feeling this is going to be a wonderful relationship and I'm looking forward to seeing what heights Danielle's career can reach with Jasmine as the wind in her sails. Up and up, girl!

The wedding dress scene was fun - the last dress is the one for me, and it seems like everyone else agrees. I am SO excited for this wedding <3
    s54gWQ5.png
  • Options
    @hellohannah2 Thank you so much!❤️
    I love cooking and eating so food scenes are just a natural for me.

Summer filled an emptiness in Darian that he never knew was there until he met her. I need to delve into Darian's backstory more in the future. There's still a little bit more to Matteo's backstory too beyond just how Liberty came to his rescue. At times I feel a bit bad for Matteo and Darian that they don't get much of the spotlight, but this story has always been more about the relationships between Danielle, Londyn, Summer, and Liberty. I haven't checked in on Travis lately to see if he's made any attempt to redeem himself. The last I looked he was still a loner in San Myshuno. Leonardo was a false friend and beyond hope, I'd say he's a bit of a Dean. He may be worse than Dean. I don't feel like Dean tried all that hard to hide who he is. Leonardo is a liar, a manipulator, and a player...who's not as smart as he thinks. He's not smarter than Izabella that's for sure.😈

Jasmine is going to open up all kinds of wonderful new opportunities for Danielle in her career. She really did make the right choice.🥰

The next chapter will be the final preparations for the wedding and the bachelorette party, maybe a look in on the bachelor party. Then the following chapter will be the wedding. Not long now!
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,918 Member
    I just love that world <3
    Loved the cooking show! Obviously the kiss too :smiley:

Danielle gets great agent from Jasmine :)

I cannot wait for the wedding! <3

Sorry my extra short commentary, still healing my eye :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    @Ellupelluellu Short comments are just as good as long comments.❤️ I hope you get to feeling better soon.🤗
  • Options
    I really hope this nectar making in the new pack works right out of the box and it is as good as TS3’s was. I would love to have Matteo take over the family’s vineyard and wine production.🥰 This is perfect for his story. It might even be a way to bring Allegra into the story a bit more.🙂
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    I really hope this nectar making in the new pack works right out of the box and it is as good as TS3’s was. I would love to have Matteo take over the family’s vineyard and wine production.🥰 This is perfect for his story. It might even be a way to bring Allegra into the story a bit more.🙂

I would love to have Erik get involved in that, too I tried out a mod, but unfortunately, it interfered with the game. Heavy sigh.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    @GalacticGal Let's both keep our fingers crossed that this works. I gave Matteo a love of cooking just like his maternal nonna (grandmother) but wine making is what the Rossi's and DeAngelo's are known for in Tartosa, first and foremost. They are excellent cooks too, but their grapes and their wine are their claim to fame. I'm really excited about having wine making back in the game and I'm sure I can marry Matteo's skills in the kitchen with the Rossi family's skills at making wine.
  • Options
    Umm, the next chapter is going to be delayed a couple of days. I must have accidentally deleted the text file I had been working on and now I have to start all over.😔 I wanted to do a bit of writing this morning and when I went to open the file it was gone. I don't know how it happened, but I've searched all through my computer and can't find a trace of the file I had been working on. The chapter was just over half done.

Oh well that's how it goes sometimes and I'll make the best of the situation.🙂

• Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,633 Member
    Well, that sucks... but it's an opportunity to write a new draft. I'm sure it will be great when you finish it.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    Umm, the next chapter is going to be delayed a couple of days. I must have accidentally deleted the text file I had been working on and now I have to start all over.😔 I wanted to do a bit of writing this morning and when I went to open the file it was gone. I don't know how it happened, but I've searched all through my computer and can't find a trace of the file I had been working on. The chapter was just over half done.

Oh well that's how it goes sometimes and I'll make the best of the situation.🙂

:open_mouth: Been there, done that, hope it never happens again. But I totally agree with @luciusstorm, this is, indeed, and opportunity for a new draft. Good things can come out of this. Stay positive.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Trigger Warning: There is one segment in the middle of the story that covers a topic that some may find triggering. It is hidden under a spoiler tag of its own and there is another warning when you reach that point. You can skip over it if it is too difficult and the story will still make sense. It's a part of Allegra's backstory.

Chapter Forty

Liberty had secured the two dresses she was agonizing over and the ladies left the boutique and headed out into the bustling chaos of downtown Del Sol Valley. They headed down the block towards the spa, five pairs of heels clicking rhythmically on the concrete pavers, filling the air with an unmistakable feminine staccato. Londyn had forgotten to mute her phone. She barely heard Dua Lipa over the click of their heels, the commotion of the city, and the various day-to-day necessities which filled her purse. At first she had intended to ignore it, but something told her she needed to at least look at the caller ID. It was Melissa Rodriguez, her agent. By the time they found a shady place to stop behind the Starlight Lounge, Melissa had left her message. "Londyn, it's me Mel. Look I need to talk to you as soon as you get this. Give me a call as soon as you can. Bye." She felt a knot of apprehension building in her stomach. There was an urgency in Melissa's voice that was rarely there. She had a pretty good idea what the news was. "If you all want to go on the spa that's okay. I'll catch up to you in a minute, but I really need to make this call."

The ladies all decided to wait for Londyn, but everyone other than Danielle, moved a little distance away to give her some privacy. Danielle said, "Do you think this has something to do with what we talked about the other night?"

"I think so. We'll know in a minute." Londyn gave Danielle's hand a little squeeze before she clicked on Melissa's contact info. "Hey Mel, what's going on girl?"
    uDcbT7x.png

Her suspicions were quickly confirmed. She looked at Danielle and nodded. The movie that Londyn was going to audition for the following day was all but over. The funding for it and two other films had been pulled and given to the new "Llamaman" superhero action movie. "Well that's just great...It's not your fault Mel, you don't need to apologize, but I really appreciate your concern...Plumming men and their 'Old Boys' network strike again...let me know if they decide to try again later." There was one last pause as Melissa said something else to Londyn that Danielle wasn't able to hear. "I'm good. I'm disappointed and angry, but I'm good. I'll see you later Mel. Bye."
    ZGm8STj.png
    Londyn filled Danielle in on the details. The movie she wanted to be in, Depths Of The Heart, had been shelved so the studio bosses could give the money to the newest installment of the Llamaman movie series. Depths Of The Heart was being directed by an up and coming woman of color, Lakeesha Taylor, and the female lead was supposed to also be a woman of color. The Llamaman movie was being directed by an A-list director with a reputation for being difficult to work if he wasn't getting his way. There had been rumors for weeks that the director wanted several million simoleons more than his current budget. He threatened to shut down the studio's number one cash cow if he didn't get it. The studio caved in to his demands for more money to film his movie by sending Depths Of The Heart and two other movies to the dustbin. Officially they were only shelved, and there was always a chance however slight that the project may still see the light of day. Danielle gently pulled Londyn into an embrace before she spoke into her ear. "Baby, I'm so sorry this happened to you. It's not right and it's not fair. You should be getting the chance to be in the movie you wanted to be in. You know how much I love you and that is the one thing in this world that will never change."
    t9INszF.png

"This is part of the movie business hun, and there will be other roles. I love you too. Together there isn't a single thing in this world we can't conquer." Londyn lovingly kissed her cheek then took her hands. "There will be other roles, and there will always be us."
    TECq1NJ.png

"Look at it like this, I don't have to leave you tomorrow. We get to spend the whole day together, the five of us and the best girls day out in Del Sol Valley. Don't worry sugar babe, I have something really special in store for you tonight after we get back to the hotel."
    KHkcwF4.png

Londyn and Danielle rejoined the others, and Londyn filled them in on what had happened. As it turned out, Londyn was taking the news better than her friends. Liberty could relate, having seen funding for missions pulled away for some questionable reasons. They resumed their walk to the spa. As they entered the aromas of lavender, jasmine, and frangipani greeted them. The lady at the front desk greeted them. "Ladies, welcome to Contours Spa. We will see to it that you have a day of pampering like no other." As the greeter led them deeper into the spa, the scent of gardenia and plumeria soon added themselves to the previous mix of aromas. This was shaping up to be one memorable girls day out.

Liberty, Allegra, and Summer decided to check out the hand massage and manicure services. Liberty couldn't believe that a simple hand massage could feel so good. As the therapist worked, she inhaled deeply and savored the aroma of the essential oils he used. The lavender incense that burned nearby soothed her and she drifted away on the scent of the sweet almond essential oil the therapist was using, and the nearby scent of coconut oil. All of it combined to send a wave of relaxation over her like the crystalline blue waters of the ocean just a few minutes away. Once he finished with her hands he moved on to her feet and the relaxation was beyond anything she had expected.
    NnTQvV5.png

There was nothing like a hot stone massage to help you forget the cares of the world, a fact that Londyn could attest to. As the therapist applied the stones and the heat seeped into her body she felt the world slip away. The disappointing phone call from Melissa felt like it happened in another time and place, not just an hour ago and three blocks down the street.
    ChBZGZF.png

Danielle opted for a lavender aromatherapy massage. It was her go-to scent. Whether it was for inspiration or just to escape and forget her cares and worries she had essential oil or incense to take her where she needed to go. Someone nearby was using vanilla and she doubled down on her bliss by savoring both aromas. She remembered Londyn's comment that she had something special planned for later that night back at the hotel. After hearing the love Londyn's voice, and hearing her reassurances that she was ok after the disappointment of having a role that she was really looking forward to yanked out from under her, she had seen that little flicker of hurt in her eyes. Danielle was already dreaming of ways to love that hurt away.
    BZp6Nmf.png

To finish their time at the spa, everyone decided to hit the sauna. The rooms were too small for everyone to fit into one, not that Danielle and Londyn were all that disappointed. They didn't have to wait until later that night back at the hotel for the fun to begin.
    BUuO4vE.png

Meanwhile in the next room, Liberty was telling Summer and Allegra about her new idea for the night's entertainment.
    VsrSbxS.png

The time at the spa had left everyone feeling relaxed and refreshed. They decided to grab some tea and a bite eat at a little café in the next block. While she was having her feet pampered Liberty had come across an article online about the Del Sol Valley Pride Festival. She shared it with Summer and Allegra while they lounged in the sauna. As they enjoyed their drinks, Liberty put it to Londyn and Danielle, did they still want to go clubbing or would they rather go enjoy the festival? "I'd love to take you and Londyn to that. You two have done so much for us, we want to do something for you" she said. Summer and Allegra were excited for the idea. Allegra loved the idea of getting to know the rest of the women better because of their importance to Liberty and Matteo. Like a lot of Tartosans, family is very important to the Rossi's. These three women and Darian are important to Matteo and Liberty so they were important to her.

"I'd love to go"
    k9A9sz8.png

"I haven't been to one since I left Sulani and I can't think of a better way to spend the evening since you all are so excited about going. Lately I've been thinking about why Tartosa doesn't have any Pride events?" Londyn said. "Everyone has been really wonderful and when we've gotten some nasty looks it's almost entirely tourists."

Allegra explained, "Tartosa has long had a 'love is love' attitude. Our officially unofficial motto is 'live, laugh, love, eat'. Romance is what we're known for, apart from our food and wine. There are some who have an old-fashioned view of the world and don't approve of LGBTQ people, but they tend to keep their thoughts to themselves. They are in the minority. I don't think most people have ever really felt like they had to hide who they are. I think to Tartosans, everyday is Pride so we never really felt like we needed to set a day, or a week, or a month aside to celebrate."
    "The guys won't mind coming along?" Danielle asked. “Not that I think they’d be insecure or anything. It’s just that we’re kind of making plans without including them in the planning.”

“Darian won't mind at all. He tells me stories about music festivals and things he and his college buddies did and how much fun they had. This isn’t much different and I know he’s not insecure. And he has no use for haters, so he’ll jump at the chance. And he loves me and I want to go.”

“Matteo is pretty much the same. I know he loved to go with us.”
    tUIXZbo.png

“I remember growing up a small group of the other boys who used to tease him and call him gay. Leonardo was the worst. I will never understand why my dear brother wanted to be friends that little verme."

"God, kids can be so cruel. Why would they do that?" Danielle asked.

"It's because we lived at the vineyard when we were younger. It wasn't easy to get to town, so we played together and hung out together. We were as close then as we are now. There are a lot of men in Tartosa who are cooks. A lot of them learned from their fathers and nonnos. Matteo loved being in the kitchen with our nonna Vittoria. His day-to-day life was me, our mother, and his nonna. He was surrounded by women, and he didn't have a problem with that, a fact that the small minds of people like Leonardo Ricci thought made him femminile, girly. I always thought Matteo let the insults bounce off of him, but I'm not so sure now. Leonardo is everything that is wrong with men and none of the good. My dear sweet brother is back to being the Matteo I love and I know he wouldn’t miss the opportunity to go with you and show his support. He speaks very highly of all of you.”

"I dated Leonardo for a short time and my impression of him was he was just really selfish" Summer told her. "Our relationship was give and take, all giving on my part, all taking on his. That's why I broke it off with him. I never knew he was such a bad guy underneath it all."

"You did yourself an extreme favor getting out of that relationship. He really is worse than you know." Allegra was silent for a moment as she sipped her tea.

Content warning: There are descriptions of unwanted touching and unwanted advances. If these topics are uncomfortable for you because of past experiences, you can skip over this part and you will still be able to enjoy the rest of this chapter. The story contained under this spoiler is only relevant to Allegra's backstory and you will still be able to enjoy her future involvement in the story without needing to read this. I don't include this lightly and it breaks my heart to hear people tell stories of their own experiences with having had to deal with these things. No human being should have to endure violations of their person and personal space without their consent.
    She weighed whether or not to get something off her chest. "I really dislike the word 'hate', but it describes how I feel about Leonardo Ricci. I hate him. His bullying my brother and then trying to turn my sweet Matteo into a clone of himself is only half of his sins. He always had it in his mind that I was in love with him. I never liked him, ever. I politely ignored him as long as I could. Until he decided that meant I was just playing hard to get." Allegra knew she had to tell this story if she wanted peace. She didn't want to kill the happy mood, but she was among friends who she felt certain wouldn't judge her. It might be be nice to finally open up and talk to another person and unburden her heart.

"I was in Porto Luminoso square one day. Leonardo snuck up behind me and grabbed me. I was ready to scream bloody murder when he dipped me, and kissed me. I was hitting his arm with all my strength. I never was the strongest woman physically so I wasn't hurting him enough to let go. I know he thought I was going to be out of my mind with desire. He was half right. I was out of my mind, but with anger, shame, and revulsion. As soon as he allowed me to stand up I slapped him with every thing I had. He just smiled, this horrible sneer really, and tried to grab me again. All of this in plain sight. I was wearing my favorite pair of heels, with a pointy-toe. I pushed him back and then used them to let him know how I felt about what he'd just done to me. He went down in a heap. I told him in no uncertain terms he was never, ever to touch me again, and to never speak to me. To this day I still feel so ashamed and embarrassed about all of it. There are times where I wonder if I was wrong or I did something to deserve it."
    6jbiM1c.png

"No! Absolutely not! Allegra, dear, you were not to blame." Sadness for a sister who had endured something she didn't ask for or deserve mixed with anger at the predator who hurt her. This man briefly lived under the same roof as Matteo and herself. He was once a member of their friend circle. All the while hiding the monster within. What horrible thoughts was he having about her? About Summer when they were dating? Or any one of them? It also dredged up memories of Liberty's own encounter with Travis Scott in the bedroom of the house she and Summer shared with him back in Willow Creek. She knew the doubts and self-recriminations all too well. In both cases the men had taken liberties it was never their's to take. "The blame is one-hundred-percent on Leonardo. If you didn't explicitly say yes, if you said no or you said nothing at all, he had no right to ever lay a hand on you without your permission. Only yes means yes. Everything else means no and they are the ones who did something wrong."
    bv4eMeb.png

Allegra felt like she was caught in a hurricane of emotions as her mind went back to that afternoon. She felt a fear of continuing on but also of not finishing the story. She felt like she had gone too far to turn back. She took another sip of tea and picked up where she left off. "As revolting as his touch was the worst part was nobody was coming to my defense. Here I am, a 17-year-old girl being assaulted and most people just turned away and pretended not to know what was happening. The few people who had any reaction seemed to feel more sorry for him because I kicked him than they did for me who was enduring a man forcing himself on me. And in full public view no less. It hurt me that people looked at him with pity and they looked at me like I was the one who did something wrong. There were a few people who looked at him like the vermin he is, but they didn't step in. It is a touristy area and maybe as strangers passing through they weren't sure how to react. That isn't much of an excuse when a man has his hands all over a woman, a minor no less, and she is very clear that she does not want him touching her. I won't forget it, one guy looked at me afterwards and said, "all he did was kiss you and that's how you respond?" Then he called me a name I won't repeat. It's what I did after that, that troubles me sometimes. I took my shame, I internalized it, and I ran away. To this day I don't think Matteo has any idea what Leonardo did to me. If he doesn't know I'm not going to tell him. I'm not ready for him to know. My mother knows some of the story. I didn't tell her everything though. If only I had said something to Matteo maybe I could have broken the spell Leonardo had over him and he wouldn't have gone down that self-destructive path. That's what bothers me the most. My dear sweet brother would have believed me and even as far under Leonardo's spell as he was, that would have been the end of that friendship. But I felt like I'd handled the situation as best it could be handled and I just wanted to forget that it ever happened. I'm sorry for being such a downer on what has been a really fun day."
    aKLsMWT.png

"Allegra, honey, don't feel bad." Liberty gave her a hug. "It's good that you opened up to us. Sadly every one of us has been through something similar. We shouldn't have to, but we have. I'm happy you felt safe and loved enough to share something that painful with us so that you can heal a little."

"All four of us have two ears, two shoulders, and open hearts anytime you need them and we'll never judge you" Danielle added. "You're one of us now and we will always, always, be here for you."

"We're never more than a phone call away if you need an ear to talk to or a shoulder to cry on. All four of us" Londyn said.

"I can't believe how he fooled us all. I don't know that he ever truly fit in with our group, but I never got really bad vibes from him" Londyn said. "I'm just glad he's out of our lives. Anyway, let's move on from Leonardo Ricci shall we. He's a part of our collective past where he belongs, unless we see him again in which case I'll tear him apart personally. Anyway, let's enjoy the wonderful things we have right now and in our future, like our sisterhood and a certain festival we're going to."

"I'm glad I packed some shorts to go to the hotel's gym and work out in" Liberty said with her arm still around Allegra's shoulder. "They're really form fitting, but Matteo loves it when I go bouncing through the house in them." She could feel the blush wash over her as she realized what she'd just said. "Umm...well, they'll...er, do for tonight."

Summer was first in with a comment. "Lib, sweetie, I've seen the way Matteo looks at you. He worships the ground you walk on. You could walk into the room dressed in a nun's habit and he'd still be totally gaga."

"Darian looks at you the same way girl."

"Don't I know it..." Summer got up and sashayed around the group, putting every ounce of feminine energy into each and every exaggerated sway of her hips. "...and I encourage it too!" The women's laughter rang through the café and the other patrons turned to see what the commotion was about. "Whether or not we packed shorts like Liberty here, I believe we have some shopping to do."

Danielle regained her composure and she asked the question all of them were dying to know the answer to. "Speaking of shopping, have you made up your mind which dress you're going to pick out?"

"I have. It's...the last one, Siobhan's!"

The Chateau Peak Festival Grounds were tucked away up in the hills overlooking Del Sol Valley. The grounds were a short distance from the mansions of some of the worlds richest and most powerful movie stars and business moguls. The venue drew some of the biggest names in the music business. The grounds had been transformed for Pride Month. A dizzying array of Pride flags hung in the spots usually reserved for advertisements for some future concert or other event. There were the vendors selling merchandise of every imaginable kind to show support for the simple, but to some, revolutionary idea of simply loving who you love and being who you are. Every weekend of Pride month featured music almost around the clock from Friday morning until the wee small hours of Monday morning. Vendor's tents mingled with festival goers tents. At night, those who found higher ground not only got to enjoy the music and love, but they got a spectacular view of the seemingly endless expanse of lights that illuminated Del Sol Valley. During the day you could see all the way to the ocean.
    Woe3J3i.png
    The beats greeted them as their ride share arrived at the designated drop-off point. There was still a bit of climb to reach the venue itself. The climb was leg burningly steep, but mercifully short. Liberty saw it as a plus, now she didn't feel bad for missing her workout. Not that anyone in the group was worried about the climb. The only thought in their minds was the celebration of love and the dance music that waited for them. The event organizers and security had done a wonderful job of keeping the small group of protestors well away from the entrance and the paths leading into the festival grounds. They could barely be seen or heard and were largely ignored thanks to the wall of speakers lining the paths that serenaded the crowds as they arrived. The crews were rearranging the stage from the afternoon lineup of artists and making it ready for the evening's entertainers. As the crews worked, the house curated playlist serenaded festival goers with artists like Swedish House Mafia, Nervo, Lizzo, Megan Thee Stallion, and more. It was impossible to stand still, you simply had to dance wherever you were and love those around you.

"This place is amazing!" Londyn exclaimed as she came to a stop on the dance floor in front of the massive main stage. "I've heard Venessa and a few others talk about coming up here for concerts and such, but I've never been up here before myself."
    IuN3WA2.png

"Thank you for suggesting this Lib. This is going to be so much more fun than another night in another club!" Danielle gave Liberty a hug. She stepped back and opened her arms. "You can feel the love in the air. It’s real, and not just a feeling.” She snagged a passerby to get a group picture of their night out.
    j7MRdG3.png

"How can anybody feel threatened by this?" Summer said as she slowly turned and took in the scene around her. "I don't think I've ever been any place that had this feeling of peace and love. It's just people being people, being who they are and who they were born to be. I've never been to a big event like this and felt as safe as I do here."

"What a lovely way to spend an evening with my fratello and his wonderful friends." Allegra said. The love in the air and opening up to Liberty and her new friends about what had happened to her had left Allegra feeling happier and more at peace than she had been in years. "I know I've told you this several times lately, but I'm so glad you found your way back to us. I love my big brother, very very much."

"I love you too baby sister. I shouldn't call you that, you're no baby, my sister is a full grown and very beautiful woman."
    JXCDpfR.png

The evening's opening act took the stage and the beats were infectious. The group hit the dance floor and gave into the groove.
    ECAoHm2.png
    iJfmtsn.png

At the break as the next act as preparing to take the stage Matteo took Liberty off to the side. "What you did for our friends is simply amazing baby. You are my treasure and more. You are my lifeline. I wouldn't be where I am right now if I hadn't met you, and I don't mean at this festival. I mean my life would have completely fallen apart if it wasn't for your love."
    swuteST.png

All that dancing and excitement had left everyone feeling thirsty. They hit the bar next to the dance floor for a round of drinks, on Matteo and Liberty. The bartender was very happy with their orders, but even happier with their tips which judging by the smile on her face was very generous.
    sihEb1U.png
    rgdkYAV.png

"You know how I said I had something special for you tonight after we got back to the hotel? Why wait? Come with me lovergirl"
    Gh3i5gl.png

"I'm so happy you're having so much fun honey! I loved Liberty's idea to do something for Danielle and Londyn. I owe Danielle so much for everything she's given me, especially her helping us find each other. Londyn is such a sweetheart."

"They're all wonderful people. I enjoy being around them and I'm happier now than I've ever been. If and when they guys from Uni call and say they're ready to put the band back together, they can do it without me. And the best part of all this...I found you"
    hDmqUl2.png

Post edited by DaniRose2143 on
  • Options
    @DaniRose2143, fantastic
    Lots going on here for our friends but over all of it - love and friendship, the core of Tartosan Sun.

Also, some excellent social commentary. Brava!
  • Options
    hellohannah2hellohannah2 Posts: 839 Member
    @DaniRose2143 Aw amazing <3
    I swear your writing is getting better and better, this was so evocative at many different moments, it was really easy to imagine I was right there with the gang.

What a shame about Londyn's movie, but that's show business, I suppose. I work in that industry and things get pulled CONSTANTLY. You have to just roll with it, especially these days with the streaming services throwing their money all over the place. Sometimes things get cancelled even after we've started or in one case while we were almost wrapped - it can be a nightmare, but Londyn has the right attitude. there will be other roles, there'll be other opportunities and this is just a blip for her.

Allegra </3 I love her so much, honestly, she brings a really special atmosphere with her, and she's so lovely a sweet that it's hard to think about her experience with Leonardo (that rat, I'll never stop fuming about how awful he is.) and at only seventeen. Her friends were so wonderfully supportive of her, but of course they were, because so many people can relate to those kinds of experiences. Men started being creepy and pushy with me when I was a twelve year old child, and it hasn't stopped since, which is weird to admit. Most of my life I've been dealing with unwanted sexualisation, and that's actually extremely grim. Just this last weekend I aggressively stared down a man who was looking right down my top in a restaurant, and then he had the audacity to look at me like my staring was weird! The nerve hahaha. It's so important to be open with each other and to share our stories, and I think Allegra would do well be letting Matteo know what happened too. It won't change anything, because the damage is done, but at least he'll know what she went through, and be aware that every woman, yes, even his darling sister, has been through this. Hiding our stories from men only leads them to underestimate the frequency of our assaults.

The pride segment was great fun too - I love to see them all happy and smiling. I know you didn't create the event build, but it looks fantastic anyway <3
    s54gWQ5.png
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Loved it.
    I think I've said this before but your writing has a way of pulling the reader in and making them feel as if they're actually there.

Your description of them walking down the sidewalk, heels clicking, immediately made me think of the opening sequence for Sex and the City. Also a story about the strong friendship between a group of women who are there for each other through thick and thin.

Great chapter. Well worth waiting for.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,918 Member
    Great chapter.
    I agree with others that your writing gets better and better all the time <3

What a bummer , Londyn will get others, better roles.

Sad story there with Allegra. Has happened to me too, what is not very believable if looking me normally, horsegirl from next door, not really the type tro draw attention of men. But at nightclub.

Festival seemed so fun :smiley: Hehe , thanks to you posting those pics in the other thread, I was imagining poor Gemma to come close to tent at anytime :D
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    I find myself thinking...
    First, to all the women here I want to say, for what little it is worth, I hear you and I am sorry.

Second, I can't help but wonder which I would enjoy more... seeing Leonardo alone, miserable and forgotten, seeing Leonardo roasting on a Sulani firepit or seeing Leonardo actually awakening to his own toxic masculinity and working to make amends.
  • Options
    Thank you all so much for the kind words about the chapter, and especially my writing. I'm touched by everyone's support.❤️ I owe it all to @hellohannah2. It was reading Lucky Girl that taught me so much about being descriptive when I write.🤗 New content should be coming faster now. I'm still going to do builds for my stories but not nearly as frequently. It distracted me from writing and I struggled to find the groove again. There were a couple other things but I won't bore you to death with them.🙂

@luciusstorm
    Love and friendship are the heart and soul of this story. I won't lie, my stomach was doing flip flops every time I went to log in at work. I was scared I was going to see the 'You've Been Banned' message because I missed something. I took three lines of dialogue for Allegra out just to be safe. I'll admit that Izabella's original backstory was pretty risky to try and tell in this setting, but it still makes me jumpy on occasion when I post a new chapter. I don't want to go through that again.

Travis may have staked his claim on being the lonely, miserable, and forgotten rat in this story. The last I looked he still doesn't have any new friends, he's still living alone at 18 Culpepper in San Myshuno, and he hasn't been promoted in the computer career. I haven't looked recently so who knows, maybe his fortunes have taken a turn for the better. Leonardo is different. Travis is just a sad little boy who pretends to be suave lady's man. Leonardo is much worse. When I created him and Matteo, there was something about Leonardo that felt...slimy. I rarely create a character that I look at them and feel like I couldn't stand being around them for any length of time. Londyn said it for me in the story, "He never really felt like he fit in with this group." I only a Sulani firepit or jail for Leonardo. Death may come for him too. Once Izabella puts him in his place he's going to lose his protection from Neighborhood Stories. He died once in a side save where I didn't realize he wasn't being protected. Maybe NS is passing judgment on his character?🤔

@hellohannah2
    You taught me everything I know about evocative writing.🥰 Reading Lucky Girl has made me so much better and it's been so much fun to follow Evie herself. I really love to bring the reader into the world that I see my characters living in. Aromas are something I'm drawn to when I try to catalog a scene around me. I love to cook so scenes with food come natural to me. I love the scents of flowers and that's another one that can really put me in mind of a setting and transport me there and want you all to come with me. I want my readers to use their imaginations but I want to give them a little nudge to get them going and those are the kinds of boosters my imagination really responds to.

It's so sad that boys grow up seeing all sorts of examples of men treating women like objects and that they're here only to satisfy their wants. It seems like this idea that random men can come up to a woman and take for granted whatever they want and how dare she tell me no has taken a turn and become even more brazen and ominous. The dehumanization has been ramped up and the feeling that things could quickly escalate to violence is really scary. Add in how insanely easy it is to get a gun here in the States and it's a terrifying time. It isn't always heavy touching or full on assault. It's brushing up against a woman when there was ample room to pass without touching and then pretending it was a clumsy moment. Yeah, maybe it was an accident, except the fact that I saw you coming for 10 seconds all nice and coordinated until that split second we passed. And maybe if you had been watching where you were walking and not gawking you wouldn't have had that 'accident'.

Allegra had sort of fallen through the cracks and the wedding is the perfect time to get her back into the story the way I had intended when she first appeared. Her fiery, independent streak is both a genuine part of her personality, but it's also her armor to protect her from memories like Leonardo's assault on her. She will tell Matteo in time, but she's just now finally found the courage and the right women to open up to. She's been close to telling Liberty on a couple of occasions, but she hasn't had her alone. She's either had Matteo there, or when she took Liberty to get a makeover her mother was with them. It says a lot about how warm and friendly Danielle, Londyn, and Summer are that she so quickly felt at ease around them. I framed those shots to focus on Allegra and Liberty since they're already very close and it was Liberty she was opening up to most of all. She trusts Liberty and knows how much she loves them so their presence wasn't a problem. And she became a part of the sisterhood. She's the only one who doesn't currently live in Tartosa but she will be back eventually. She left for career reasons but always with an eye towards coming home.

I've been considering something like that where Londyn and Danielle do some activism for the LGBTQ community as their fame rises. That came out in Londyn's comment about wondering why there was no official Pride event in Tartosa. I'm not sure what form it might take but I do like the idea of exploring how they would go about working for LGBTQ causes.

@simgirl1010
    I was thinking about that opening when I wrote that. That's something else that is at the heart of what this story is about, women supporting women.❤️

@Ellupelluellu
    I took those pictures of Londyn and Danielle in the tent just before Gemma showed up. As a matter of fact I spotted her when I pulled the camera back. Gemma is a fan of Londyn, but there are certainly better ways to follow your favorite movie star than peeking in her tent while she has woohoo with her wife!😲

You shouldn't say that about yourself. You are a lovely person.❤️ We may not be supermodels but we're still beautiful in our own ways. The men who act like that have a whole lot of issues with women. Not just issues with women, they just have issues period.
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,429 Member
    Amazing writing skills, they're only excelling
    Sad news for London, glad she is taking the news well. There are more roles out there for her! The detail in your writing for the spa was 👌 I like to visualize things in order to imagine things and the amount of detail let me do just that. Seriously great job. Haha glad they were all able to enjoy the saunas.
    The kids who made fun of Matteo sound awful. The boys teasing him and that he still wanted to be their friend brought me back to middle school. Kids can be very cruel. Im so sorry for what Allegra went through. Leonardo is horrible person, from how he treated Matteo to what he did to her. Truly horrible, and the people who dared to say “all he did was kiss you” gross. I’m glad she was able to tell this group of ladies, having such friends feels too empowering, honestly brought tears to my eyes.
    The time at the festival was lovely. Loved when the guys joined them. Ahh I see, it was Londyn and Danielle in the tent, who Gemma was curious about😅The ending shot is stunning. Great chapter.
  • Options
    @BlueSeaWaves Thank you for those very kind words.☺️
    Londyn is still young but she's endured this heartbreak before and she has an amazing support system around her to help her deal with the disappointments. Part of my growth as a writer has been to put more effort into describing the scene. The screenshots only capture a small portion of a scene. In a later chapter when Allegra is finally ready to sit down with Matteo and tell him about what happened in the square that day, we'll also learn why he decided to try becoming friends with Leonardo. Sadly I have seen videos shared of women striking out defending themselves after unwanted touching and see men responding to the videos saying things just like that. Sadly, and all too frequently, I've seen comments like that shared in the comments and replies to those videos. People seem to be far more brazen about engaging in openly misogynistic and racist behavior. There have always been those people who have, but it just seems like more people have lost that filter that made them keep those disgusting thoughts and beliefs under tighter wraps. I easily see a man in the crowd say something that disgusting.

The way the women in this story treat each other is my dream for how we would treat each other here in the real world. The world would be a better place if we created a sort of global sisterhood. That's unrealistic, but we should be trying to get closer to that ideal instead of working so hard to drive wedges between ourselves. I am trying to give Darian and Matteo larger roles in the story. The poor guys are kind of neglected, but they are such good sports about their role in the story. They don't mind the women in their lives having the spotlight though.😉

With Liberty and Matteo's wedding at hand, Summer and Darian are about to have their relationship become more of a focus.🙂
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,429 Member
    I wish Londyn the best for her future roles, she has an amazing support from the squad. It is unfortunate people with that mentality exist, just wanted to add when I said ‘gross’ I didn’t mean it towards your writing. Sorry if it came off like that, I meant it towards those with that mentality.
    I enjoy your portrayal of the woman in your stories, its really inspiring to be better. Glad the guys don’t mind letting the woman shine. They’re just as great as well.
    I look forward to what in is store next🙂
  • Options
    @BlueSeaWaves It’s all good. I was just adding my own social commentary to the topic.😁

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top