Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Under The Tartosan Sun

Comments

• Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 9,386 Member
    Thank you all very much❤️

@mightysprite
    I like storybook romances. My couples are idyllic but that sets them apart from all the dramatic romances

@_Gina
    Danielle’s career storyline will start playing out right away. This new one with Liberty is going to be a slow burn kind of thing. Where it ends remains to be seen.

When I get home this afternoon I have a lot more pictures to share of Danielle and Londyn’s home. Since you didn’t see them before I will dig up the pictures of Matteo and Liberty’s home too. I still have them on my Imgur

@Ellupelluellu
    I’ll have all sorts of different pictures of how the whole house looks a little later. I’ll post them in the ‘What Happened’ thread. If you loved those pictures you’ll love the others too.

@luciusstorm
    We’ll how the different Liberty’s arcs compare as time goes on.

Danielle and Londyn are still very much undecided on when and how they’re going to handle starting their family. Either way they are going to be fantastic moms but they won’t be showing their parenting skills anytime soon. They will continue to discuss it now and again in the meantime.

@simgirl1010
    That would be a lot of scrolling to get there.😁 She is now in the secret agent career. I don’t play any of the careers as rabbit holes. I give them money to simulate paychecks and when I want to do a career storyline I act out what took place. It’s way more fun for you and me that way!
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 29,102 Member
    Loved the renovations. I'm very glad Danielle came to a decision. The angst indecision causes is very painful. I do worry about what Liberty is possibly getting herself into.
  • Options
    Great job with the renovations. Definitely seems to suit their personalities.

I can't remember and I'm too lazy to scroll back but what career is Liberty in?

Basically, she's a spy;
  • Options
    _Gina_Gina Posts: 253 Member
    @DaniRose2143 Aww, you don't have to. Digging that up might be a nightmare with how many pictures you gotta have. <3 I'm sure there'll be plenty of opportunity to see both the sims and their home. :D
  • Options
    @_Gina It's not a problem at all.🙂

Liberty and Matteo's bedroom...
    szF510t.png
    me23r0D.png

The room next to it is Liberty's home office. I just noticed looking at the picture that for some reason it substituted her office chair for a generic dining chair. I have no idea why it did that since I haven't deleted anything recently. What can I say, this game is crazy.

The master bath...
    eKIIRhe.png
    ESQ8fOo.png

The guest bedroom...
    EbLjpXs.png
    quudo37.png

The upstairs hallway...
    L81WjQ9.png
    QSee9do.png

The living room but this time from the reverse angle...
    EalspY5.png
    xu3Z2iQ.png

I love the tv that doubles as a painting when it's off.

The dining room and kitchen. I'm thinking about expanding the kitchen out onto the upper patio. It is tiny and as you'll see in a second the real fun outside is on the lower patio. The space up above is really wasted so making the kitchen bigger is a better use for it.
    KlhFsZy.png
    Z2l0ydM.png
    pQD28Nu.png
    Avsi3dR.png

This is the fun part, the veranda. Well, I think that's what you'd call it anyway.
    pcFFAAz.png
    x9w7W6O.png

What I called Matteo's pizza oven is actually just a grill. I've seen pictures of wood fired pizza ovens and a few have been shaped something like that so I took a bit of creative license and called it that. There is another grill which you can see Liberty using.
    XAa0Nx7.png

There's an aquarium built into the railing that separates the upper and lower portions of the veranda.
    r7nqXjw.png

This next part is where the veranda really, well...shines! When the sun goes down, things get even better...
    HFBq2gW.png
    MBBhDWV.png
    qBo79GX.png
    l6GMYq5.png
    uXBvz4F.png
    HMc544A.png
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,669 Member
    Londyn and Danielle's newly furbished home is stunning!
    Ch.39 Danielle made a great choice! Their view through the windows is no doubt breathtaking. Londyn makes great points, Jasmine seems like she’ll bring great opportunities for Danielle. Aw I love that they’re thinking on the future and possibilities of having kids. They’ll no doubt make great mothers when the time comes 🙂
    Ooo exciting opportunity for Liberty! The intrigue, what didn’t Liberty tell Matteo👀 Wow! Possibly the future Director👀 Haha hopefully they find an officiant soon
    Liberty and Matteo’s house is beautiful, the tv is also very impressive. The veranda is my favorite, the view the aquarium, its all stunning!
  • Options
    hellohannah2hellohannah2 Posts: 839 Member
    edited April 2023
    Yay an update!!
    Good job with that house, it looks absolutely fabulous. I imagine it was really fun to build and decorate it. Danielle and Londyn look so very happy in it, and I know they'll create so many wonderful memories there. (and that VIEW!) This chapter made me feel so cosy, it's so nice to see how well everyone is doing and how their love for their respective partners continues to blossom and grow every day, through challenging times and hard decisions. I think that Danielle made the right choice, and while i understand her apprehension and her desire for a safety net, those things that Londyn said about Jasmine advancing her career and becoming well known while bringing Danielle with her are compelling reasons to choose her. Often the riskier choice is the one that pays off! Why be comfortable with Meghan when she could shine with Jasmine? I know that they'll eventually have a baby (not now of course!!) but I have to say I'm so excited to see how you might write about that storyline <3
    Post edited by hellohannah2 on
    s54gWQ5.png
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 7,451 Member

@Ellupelluellu
    I’ll have all sorts of different pictures of how the whole house looks a little later. I’ll post them in the ‘What Happened’ thread. If you loved those pictures you’ll love the others too.
    Yes, thank you for posting those there.. I actually noticed those right after typing my comment here. :)
    ps. loving the wedding venue too <3

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
    My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    Thank you all so, so much❤️

@GalacticGal
    We’re going to see more of all the characters jobs for a while. In Liberty’s case I want to show her wrestling with the challenges and opportunities that are in front of her. This one is going to unfold slowly and it won’t always be easy.

@BlueSeaWaves
    I feel kind of bad for Summer and Darian. Where their house is they don’t get the gorgeous sunsets. They do get gorgeous sunrises so it’s not all bad. And they have that beautiful waterfall to look at.

@hellohannah2
    Jasmine is going to give her the chance to promote her books and other opportunities she never dreamed of with Faith. Londyn’s right, she made the perfect choice. Safety and security are fine but to truly live your dreams sometimes you have to let go. Londyn will have her own moments to shine and to take her career to a higher level.

@Ellupelluellu
    The renovations were tricky but a lot of fun. This new wedding venue shouldn’t take nearly as long as the first one did. I still have some more landscaping to do but I’m already into decorating the lot. Another day or two and it should be done.😁

• Options
    @DaniRose2143 Eee! Yep, everything is super pretty. It's such a mix of styles that I'd never think of putting these together, but it works perfectly. Also, I love all the open arches. :)
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    @_Gina Thank you so much! I posted some pictures of the updated kitchen in the WHIYGT thread on Friday. I didn’t change a lot, just made it bigger. I did change the archways. Instead of two, two tile archways side by side I used one four tile with glass panels on the sides and across the top. I feel like they fit even better and make getting screenshots way easier. I’ll post pictures when I get home this afternoon.
  • Options
    @DaniRose2143 I saw those... and I believed I said something about them, too, but maybe the forum ate the comment. Or maybe I tagged you wrong, wouldn't surprise me. DX X'D
  • Options
    @_Gina You did comment. While I was I looking at the pictures again I realize all I showed off was the bigger kitchen and the new hot tub. I didn't share a picture of the new archways. The ones I chose came from Peacemaker. Here they are...

Grand Vast Entryway
    olnxHpq.png

Grand Broad Entryway
    v7OK65K.png

Grand Wide Entryway
    7UA4ne6.png

The wider single archway is so much nicer for taking pictures. It was a pain trying to get a good angle in those tight spaces in the dining room and kitchen without having a big pillar right in the middle of the shot. I feel like these arches fit the overall look of the house much better too. If I remember right those double arches were the originals from Maxis that came with the lot. I was close to choosing this one from Harrie called Coastal Interior Arch, but I just fell in love with those vertical glass panels on Peacemaker's arches. I will find a build where I can use Harrie's beautiful arches at some point.
    jbMn9YD.png
  • Options
    @DaniRose2143
    Whoa! Sorry for being kinda slow on the uptake. X'D Yeah, I can definitely see how these would making screenies much, much easier and they do fit right in the build, too. :)
  • Options
    Has it really been a month since the last chapter?
    5ro538s.png

I became so caught up in the other story this one suffered. I'm really in great place creatively so it shouldn't take very long at all to have another chapter ready. The girls have some dress shopping to do for Liberty's big day, which is just around the corner!💍👰🏽‍♀️ I have some shopping to do too. I want to have a nice collection of beautiful dresses for Liberty to choose from.👗 I'm really getting excited for that one. Danielle gives Jasmine the good news and Londyn auditions for the role that will make her a superstar. Summer and Darian launch her web based cooking show. That's just a teaser for all the wonderful stuff that's coming up in the next couple of chapters!
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Chapter Thirty Nine

The sky was an azure canvas streaked with lavender and purple when Danielle rolled out of bed. She silently padded barefoot to the window of their newly renovated bedroom to watch as the sun began to make its appearance over Tartosa. She turned and looked over her shoulder at Londyn's sleeping figure, the love of her life, and thought how lucky they had been to come here. She had found success, but more importantly she found the woman who filled her heart and whose heart she filled in return. They had spent the night showing each other just how deep their love and devotion ran. They had only fallen asleep a few short hours ago but Danielle was too excited to sleep. She turned back to the window and quickly calculated the time difference between Tartosa and San Myshuno. Jasmine should be in her office in a couple of hours and Danielle would be on the phone first thing to deliver the good news. She felt perfectly at ease and content with her decision to place her career in Jasmine Trudell’s hands.
    T9VvCco.png
    She headed downstairs to make coffee and get breakfast started. She knew Londyn would be stirring soon so she began getting things together to make frittatas with the fresh gruyere cheese she got from Summer the day before. As her hands deftly assembled the ingredients almost on auto-pilot she was lost in thought about her future now that she had an advocate in her corner, and Londyn's future too. She had a big audition for a role coming up in a couple of days that her agent said could make her a superstar. Danielle was so lost in thought she almost jumped when Londyn leaned over her shoulder and kissed her.
    RhmtLIB.png

"Good morning gorgeous" Londyn purred in her ear. “Mmm. Breakfast smells almost as good as you do.” Danielle set aside the spoon she had in her hand and turned around to embrace her soulmate. No frittata in the world could compete with the taste Londyn's kisses, and no amount of coffee could give her the same zing either. "You're up early, too."

"I was too excited to sleep. I hope I didn't disturb you when I got up. I couldn't sleep so I wanted to watch the sunrise."

"Not at all. It was the aroma of that divine coffee that got me up." Londyn could see it written all over Danielle's face. "You're dying to call Jasmine aren't you?"

"Oh God yes!" she said with a air of exasperated impatience, like a child dying to open their Christmas presents. "She should be in her office in just over an hour and I'm going to be on the phone with her right away." Danielle had returned to her cooking and was ready to serve breakfast. She also grabbed a couple of the brioche Summer had dropped off along with the cheese. She hopped on a stool beside Londyn. Between bites of egg, roasted peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, and baby spinach the conversation turned to the plans for the day. Aside from Danielle's call to Jasmine they had a couple of free days. The timing of Londyn's audition couldn't have been better. She would be in Del Sol Valley the day after Liberty was due to be there to go dress shopping with Siobhan Fyres. They had planned to make another getaway out of it and invited the rest of the gang to join in. The guys could entertain themselves while the ladies went dress shopping and then everybody could hook up again afterwards. They were all thinking the same thing, please don't let this couple's day out end like the last one did. Danielle glanced at the clock, it was time to call Jasmine.

"Hello, Hampton, Rice, Smith, and Trudell. How may I help you?"
    C7PBpNx.png

"Jasmine? It's Danielle Huntley. I wasn't expecting your voice to be the first one I heard."
    SICxVsV.png

"Oh hi Danielle! My assistant is running late so I'm covering for her and I transferred all calls to my phone. How are you and Londyn doing dear? I hope you're both doing well and that you're calling with good news?"

"We're doing great and yes, I have awesome news. After thinking things over I'm choosing you as my agent!" In spite of being excited enough to squeal like a teenager, Danielle was able to keep her voice calm and professional but still allow her happiness to show through. There was still the matter of documents to sign before it all became official, but saying those words certainly made it feel official though. And exciting.

"That is awesome news! Thank you very much for trusting me with your career Danielle." Jasmine was quietly doing fist pumps after hearing Danielle's decision. "I won't let you down and neither will anyone here. I was hoping you'd say yes so I took the liberty of doing some preliminary work on how my team and I will present your work and get you the right deal. And I've also been drawing up a couple of different plans for getting you some book signings and chat show appearances to really promote your books."
    fXNBjfE.png

"Oh my, you are really are prepared. I have to admit my head's already spinning a bit." That hadn't been a lie. Hearing all that Jasmine had planned had left her feeling like she'd drifted out of her body. "I do have one book that I finished not long after my falling out with Faith and I have another that's a little over half done, and I have another one outlined but I haven't started writing yet."

"It's alright Danielle, catch your breath dear. There's plenty we have to get done on the legal side first which will take a few days so you have plenty of time to collect your thoughts. And don't worry, there won't be any book signings or chat shows for a little while yet, and not until you're absolutely ready. I'm still getting a plan laid out and we'll discuss it when the time is right. For now when we're done here I will text you a link you can use to submit your manuscripts to me. I'll also give you a private number that will give you direct access to me anytime."

"Thank you Jasmine. You are absolutely amazing! I'm blown away again. This is already becoming something bigger than I dreamed it could be."
    AdSZxsM.png

"Thank you Danielle, that's so very kind of you to say. It's my job to make you as successful as I can. I just know you're going to make that a very easy job. Thank you again for placing your trust in me and my team. We are thrilled to have you join our creative family. Have a lovely day Danielle."

"Goodbye Jasmine." Danielle's head was still spinning. Londyn spotted the look on her on face as she ended the call. She dropped in beside Danielle on the couch. "What did Jasmine have to say?"

"What didn't she have to say! Oh my God, she has big plans and she's already started to get things in place. Just the basics. Honey, I made a great choice. She's already talking about book signings and chat shows! Can you believe it?!"

"I can totally believe it. Baby you deserve every one of those things and more. She's doing all the things that Faith should have been doing. I knew there was something about her I loved. It looks like you've got someone in your corner the way I have Melissa in mine."
    Q5rwiQ1.png

After she lost the competition to land the job as the host of the new cooking show on the Foodie Network, Summer and Darian made the decision to do Summer's own web-based show. They spent their free time searching the internet or browsing home stores looking for just the right materials. At first Summer's plan was to just film it in their kitchen, but as Darian knew from experience there is an awful lot of setup and teardown to filming. It would take a lot of effort to put the kitchen back in order for day-to-day life not to mention all the work to make the kitchen look just right for filming. If she was going to do this she was going to do it right and that meant a proper studio. She felt so blessed that Darian had come into her life. It still had the power to blow her mind that at one time she thought Travis Scott was the man of her dreams. She was never really that serious about Leonardo but she had avoided someone way worse when she cut him loose. Now she had her forever love and he was totally onboard with making her a success. He was hot and secure enough in his manhood to put her success first. Who said unicorns weren't real?
    hyFSkOh.png
    The weeks of hard work had paid off and they had a finished home studio. It took Darian back to his days in Uni with his old buddies making all those videos of them being boneheaded neanderthals, risking life and limb doing ridiculous macho stunts and filming it all. Oh sure he owed his huge nest egg to those stupid stunts and he was rarely the one risking his neck. He was the one filming ninety-nine percent of those potential Darwin Award winning moments. He was also part of the group editing it all together, and here he was using all of those same skills again. He was back in his element and it was helping Summer realize her dreams. He had forgotten how deep in his blood video production was.

"Are you ready, little chef?"

"Ooo, nice touch with the Ratatouille reference. I always thought I was Colette, not Remy. But I love Remy."

"What in the world are you talking about?"

"The movie, Ratatouille silly. The little rat that hides under Linguine's toque and...you really have no idea what I'm talking about do you?"

"Not a clue."
    4rOCmjr.png

"I have to change that. Anyway, I just hope you're hungry big boy. We're going to be up to our eyeballs in food by the time we're done."

"When you're cooking? Always! Ready when you are."
    gp8MNCT.png

Summer took her place behind the counter. "Ok, here we go. Hello viewers! My name is Summer Holi...hold it. Stop, stop, stop. Babe, are you sure you're ok with me using my maiden name?"

"I'm totally comfortable with it Summer. I'm not the least bit hurt by it babe. From the top."

"Hello viewers! My name is Summer Holiday and welcome to my brand new cooking show Summer Eats! On this show I'm going to take you on a culinary journey around the world. From my hometown of Willow Creek, to my current home of Tartosa, and everywhere in between. I'll introduce you to famous dishes you're probably already familiar with and some you aren't. I'll show you how to make all of them at home. Come with me, and let's eat!"
    diTYgPi.png

"Cut. Perfect honey! You nailed the open on the first try!"

"Thank God" she exhaled. "I don't think I took one breath in that entire time. Alright, well, that's out of the way. I can get down to doing what I do best."

Darian made one last check of his camera and sound equipment, "I'm rolling when you're ready."
    tGe1Ivp.png

Sumer gave herself one last shake before she started her presentation. "For my very first dish on Summer Eats I'm going to show you how to make that classic dish from my childhood in Willow Creek, gumbo. Gumbo is a beautifully simple dish that has only one rule, start by making a roux. This is the most time consuming part of making gumbo but it's also the most important." She moved her dutch oven from the counter next to her to the burner. "Your roux will make or break your gumbo. Aside from that one rule the beauty of this dish is it's limited only by your imagination and the ingredients you have on hand. Fish, shrimp, crawfish, chicken, sausage, whatever you have can go in the pot."
    SdUP4a2.png

She reached down and turned on the burner. "You'll want to make your roux over medium heat. Don't let your roux scorch or burn. It'll make your gumbo bitter. If it does burn don't worry just clean the pot and start over. Mistakes happen. We'll take our finely chopped onion, bell pepper, and celery and add them to the roux when it's done.
    O3WUyoW.png

You'll know it's done when it's a nice chocolate brown color. When those are done we'll add some garlic, seasonings, and our dry white wine and chicken stock. When that starts boiling we'll add our meat, in this case shrimp. You can add other types of seafood or fish along with the shrimp. It's only limited by your imagination. After you do that turn the heat down and let it simmer covered for two hours."
    Tme0pqR.png

"When it's done serve with a mound of cooked long grain rice and your favorite side dish. A nice crispy baguette makes a perfect side. Gumbo is one of my favorite comfort foods and this recipe makes lots of leftovers. Gumbo is a dish that actually gets better on day two and three. Don't worry it freezes well so you can separate it into smaller portions and save it for later when you need a quick, tasty meal that can be ready in no time."
    ExiXrZ4.png

"That's all for now. It's been my absolute pleasure to share my love of cooking with you and help you unlock your inner chef. See you again on the next Summer Eats! Stay hungry!"
    YzU6U4N.png

"Got it! That was fantastic babe. Really good for the first time out. We didn't have any major issues, and you barely needed any second takes, not like most first timers do. You're a natural in front of the camera."

"Thank you honey. I feel like it went good too. Thank God we weren't using that roux I made for the demonstration. I scorched it a bit. I did have to really concentrate and remind myself to explain what I was doing. I'm not used to providing a running commentary."

"You were, and you are, fabulous." They were standing in front of the camera when he gave her a toe curling kiss.
    8LH9HQs.png

"That thing isn't on is it?"
    7nWUSFP.png

The morning breeze off the ocean was too enticing to ignore. As they often did, Matteo and Liberty enjoyed breakfast on the veranda. Liberty had a lot on her mind. They were leaving shortly for a couple of days in Del Sol Valley with their friends. Shopping for her wedding dress was at the top of her list of things to do. She also needed to give Bella and Director Bridges her decision on the promotion before they left for the airport. Matteo had sat down with her numerous times and listened intently as she laid out her thoughts and feelings about the promotion. She had decided to take the opportunity to move to the Windenberg office.
    AiChOJg.png

She wasn't thinking about Bella's comment that she believed Shantel wanted Liberty to eventually take over running that office. She was looking forward to the shorter commute on the days she had to be in the office, and she was really looking forward to the training. Another bonus was being able to meet up for lunch with Allegra on occasion. She had gone above and beyond to make Liberty feel like a member of the family and she was a treasure trove of hilarious stories about Matteo. The cherry on the cake was Allegra agreeing to officiate her wedding.

The plane touched down that afternoon at the Del Sol Valley airport. The rest of the group would be along later that evening. They were all planning a quiet night at the hotel Danielle had booked for everyone. Dinner and drinks at the hotel's upscale lounge were on the agenda. The moms, Francesca and Clarissa couldn't make it in person but they would be joining the dress shopping fun remotely. The real fun would be the next couple of days and hopefully they would be celebrating Londyn's next movie role while they were there.
    Siobhan Fyres:
    Hello Liberty. Siobhan Fyres here. Welcome to Del Sol Valley. I hope you're ready for a fun day tomorrow! Luna and I have some absolutely gorgeous dresses for you to try on. We're looking forward to seeing you and your friends. Have a wonderful evening!
    Liberty Rossi:
    Thank you Siobhan! I'm so excited to see those dresses! I remember the ones you designed for Danielle and Londyn and I know how amazing your creations are. We'll see you tomorrow morning at 9. Have a lovely evening as well.

The mornings in Del Sol Valley are nothing like those in Tartosa. There were some similarities, the nearby ocean on one side and the hills on the other. Where Tartosa is peaceful and laid back, Del Sol Valley is a cacophonous, fast paced, force of nature. The ladies were up and getting ready for the big day while the guys were still struggling to get out of bed. Having grown up in a house with two fashionable Tartosan women, Matteo understood it was best to find a safe place out of the way, in this case, bed, lest you get an elbow in the ribs or a stiletto heel in your foot for interfering with the morning ablutions. As a man he was never sure where the right place to be in tight quarters with a woman doing her hair and makeup was. His father always said it was any room on the other side of the house. Allegra had taught Liberty how to apply her lipstick immaculately while simultaneously landing a lethally accurate elbow in his rib cage should he wander in at the wrong moment. He knew it for a fact because she had done that once before and only Allegra could have taught her that one. Well his mom was lethal too, and she was the one who taught Allegra. Leave it to Tartosan women to turn applying makeup into a gladiatorial sport he thought to himself and his sister and mother were turning Liberty into a true Tartosan. With everyone ready to go the guys took off to go explore an enormous automotive museum among other landmarks and the ladies made the relatively short trip to Siobhan's boutique. Afterwards would be an afternoon of pampering at a nearby spa.
    L483Ibl.png

"Good morning ladies!" Siobhan said greeting them at the door. The boutique was their's for the morning. "Danielle! Londyn! It's wonderful to see you two again. You are so perfect together and it shows. You're radiant. My staff will get you any refreshments you need at any time so feel free to ask. Shall we get started? Liberty if you will join Luna and myself in the dressing room I'll show you the dresses and let you choose which one you want to model first."

"I'm dying to see them in person. They all looked so beautiful in the pictures."
    7vC9Cdy.png

The others talked excitedly as they waited for Liberty and Siobhan to re-emerge. Even as she sat and talked with her friends Summer couldn't keep her eye off the dresses adorning the mannequins. Her day was coming soon enough. It wasn't long and Liberty was ready to show off the first creation. It was one of Siobhan's...
    AujUFxJ.png
    trnCn3V.png
    CYYHCTG.png
    Y8AsMf3.png

The next dress was one of Luna's with a hint of bohemian detailing...
    ThZGL2T.png
    Uyddo9s.png
    FKHR0rA.png
    v9hi6aS.png

The third dress was the work of both Siobhan and Luna. In spite of combining their talents this was the dress they were least happy with...9OaFcNm.png
    Gysdmkj.png
    2HX45Nh.png
    Ej5frS0.png

The final two were one each from Siobhan and Luna. These were Liberty's two favorites and she was anxious to hear what her friends thought. First up was Luna..
    zAMqUGm.png
    XqnzQ56.png
    JYZbzvI.png
    rzotu8o.png

"So what do you think of this one? I'm having a hard time making up my mind between this one and the next."

"I think it's the best by far of the ones we've seen" said Danielle. "I'm dying to see what the other is like."

"Bellissima mia cara. You are too beautiful for my brother. Marry me instead." The room dissolved in laughter. "That is a beautiful dress and very becoming of you, but I too am very curious what this last dress is like."

"We love it Liberty, but it's unanimous, we really want to see this last one."

With that the ladies disappeared into the dressing room one last time. When they re-emerged Liberty was wearing Siobhan's final offering...
    8FdUJxY.png
    pNd4DIA.png
    GxGN5T5.png
    CqiBz5u.png

"What do you think? I'm leaning towards this one but I can't say no to the other one. Both of them feel wonderful, they're light and they breathe. I just think this one is more...me. But every time I think it's this one I can't bring myself to say no to the other one."
    vGTwGkg.png

"I think we need to discuss this over a foot massage" was Summer's reply.

"I think it's the last one" Danielle offered. "Sorry Luna."

"That's ok. There is somebody out there that will be perfect for it if Liberty feels it's not perfect for her."

"Well there's always Summer. She got engaged recently" Londyn said.

"Congratulations dear. If you liked any of these that Liberty passed on we would be glad to do a fitting for you" said Luna.

Summer turned, "Are you working on commission or what?"
    jLZOMmu.png

"Ask them, it's their boutique." Again the group dissolved into laughter.

"I do think Summer is right" Liberty turned and said. "If you don't mind Siobhan we were planning to head over to the spa for an afternoon of pampering. I'd like to think those two dresses over and get back to you shortly?"

"By all means, and we will comp your day at the spa as well. We'll put both dresses on hold for the afternoon for you and we'll be waiting for your decision."

Post edited by DaniRose2143 on
  • Options
    No matter what I tried I couldn't fix the issue with the lighting at the boutique making the detailing on Liberty's dresses look washed out. I tried everything and decided to give up and just take extra screenshots and include them under each dress.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 6,204 Member
    Congratulations to everyone on the exciting developments ahead :) I thought the cooking show scene was especially adorable.
    Don't buy broken stuff
  • Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,805 Member
    @DaniRose2143, wow...
    Danielle and Londyn are now solidly on the path to fame and fortune. B)

Summer's new cooking show is going to be great.
    Also - "That thing isn't on is it?" ... made me laugh out loud. I was just assuming it was. ;)

Liberty is going to look amazing. I love the ladies clothes shopping. Always fun to watch.
    Also - Matteo's father is a wise man. :D
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    @mightysprite Thank you so much.❤️ It's all because of that expressive face of hers, but it's really easy to write funny and sweet lines for Summer. She's the go-to in this story when I want or need a laugh. Londyn is another, but she's more like Abbott to Summer's Costello.

@luciusstorm
    It's time to invest in the 'No Paparazzi' lot trait from Little Ms. Sam for their lot. Londyn is starting to get followed by Paparazzi and asked for autographs. I gifted Danielle a little bit of fame so she could accompany Londyn to the accolades, but as a novelist she should earn a little fame of her own too. She does have the occasional fan come up and be excited to meet her.

That line 'is it on?' came to me when I was editing the screenshot and saw the red light. It's always there but my mind being what it is. You guys almost got my actual recipe for Seafood Gumbo. If it wasn't for the length I would have had Summer walk you through how to make it step-by-step. Seriously, if you all don't mind longer segments, I will have Summer do some of my recipes for you. I can include all the ingredients and measurements under a spoiler tag. Obviously I can't do that with every recipe she's going to do, but where I have a recipe of my own I don't mind sharing.

The new, fully grown up Liberty is fun to write for. She started out sort of innocent and awkward, but underneath it all was a worldly, sophisticated, full grown woman. The clothes shopping scenes are fun, and ones where I have to sit on myself a bit so that I don't get too detailed. Like father, like son. They have both been in the wrong place at the wrong time when the women in their lives are performing their beauty routine and they both have the scars to show for it. I think it's been fun too to watch Liberty spend enough time around Francesca and Allegra, and that they're starting to rub off on her. Not by accident either, on both sides.
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,669 Member
    New chapter!😁
    Love Danielle’s excitement to call Jasmine. During her phones call with her, the background is soo beautiful. Their home is really at a great spot! The opening for Summers show is fantastic. Perfect name for it too. Got hungry reading her cooking instructions😋 Love this line
    “Leave it to Tartosan women to turn applying makeup into a gladiatorial sport “
    All the dresses are stunning🤩 She only needs 1 though
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    @DaniRose2143
    Love the chapter, love the little details about the different couples. I'm glad that Danielle made the right choice in Agents. Jasmine is on top of her game.

Summer is such a sweet gal. Darian is a good match for her. I love that the recording light was still on. (LOL) This can always be edited out. Question is, will he? ;)

As for the dresses, I have to say, I liked the back of the second-to-last dress better than the back of the last dress.
    Great job.
  • Options
    @GalacticGal Thank you❤️
    Jasmine is going to be the advocate and business partner to Danielle that Faith should have been.

I'm guilty of letting Summer and Darian lag behind the other couples. It makes me a bit sad when I think about it. That's going to change, and all three are going to share in the spotlight.

Liberty and I are split on those last two dresses. Those two are clearly the best but I love them both. I really love all the lace and detail on the second to last dress, but I also love the simplicity, and lace, on the last one too. When it comes Summer's turn I'm going to have to compromise and include gowns that have been used before. I stuck with removing the 5 each that Danielle and Londyn considered for their wedding and it made things harder. Summer has already said she wants a Boho wedding so I have more options there. Liberty is the only one so far to consider a truly Boho design, and she passed on it. I struggled at first with Liberty's dress because I limited them to what I imagined a beach wedding dress to be on top of ruling out the ones Danielle and Londyn had considered. Then I looked at Pinterest for inspiration and realized there were just as many brides in long traditional gowns at the beach as there were ones who chose shorter designs. All I did after that was eliminate dresses with trains. If the hem touched the ground, even just a little, fine. Really long trains got ruled out. The long dresses like what Liberty chose, I went for designs that had open shoulders, to balance the length versus how hot they'd be to wear in the tropical sun.

Look at me. I'm rambling on and on about sims wedding dresses as if the gown and the sim inside were flesh and blood real. I'm a woman and clothes matter, even if they aren't real. Sue me.🤣
  • Options
    It just hit me. I figured out that weird lighting issue with Siobhan's boutique. The second floor has a balcony that overlooks part of the first floor just behind where I was having Liberty pose. I had the same issue with Londyn and Danielle only not as bad as it was with Liberty because of the time of day when they had their dress reveals. Because of the bizarro way that the game renders buildings, that balcony is open to the sky which was letting in daylight instead of the game rendering the second floor and the ceiling that should be there. I kept trying to frame the screenshots to eliminate or minimize that big patch of blue in the background behind Liberty. That's also why no matter where I posed her that light was always shining in. Why it was highlighting her front and left side when the opening was behind her and to her right is still a total mystery.🤨

When we meet up with the cast again things may appear a little different. I have been having an issue with MCCC that only affects this save. It turns out the problem is the patch that fixed the aging bug corrupted the save. I thought the problem was on Deaderpool's end so I uninstalled MCCC and kept going. A little sleuthing uncovered the problem. Every save point prior to that patch loads perfectly fine when MCCC is installed, but every save point after that, including the current one, never loads if MCCC is installed. I need MCCC because it allows me to use poses when the characters aren't on a lot. I can't begin to count how many times I've wanted to show one of the couples walking, holding hands or having their arm wrapped around the other one but I haven't been able to show it without poses which don't work off lot without MCCC. I have copies of all the sims and lots I've added to the story since that patch came out so I'm going to go back and find the last save point that works with MCCC and add all of the lots and sims from this current save point. I'll have to use cheats to restore some relationships and skills but it's a small price to get MCCC back. The good news is none of the sims themselves appear to be corrupt. I transplanted the most up to date copy of Danielle and Londyn into Schemes & Dreams and everything loaded just fine with MCCC installed. I haven't tried all of the others but MCCC stopped working in this save right around their wedding so the save points were focused on them at that point. If they're good Liberty, Matteo, Summer, and Darian should be too. I don't think you'll see a difference but I wanted to mention what I'm going to do just in case something slips through.
  • Options
    @DaniRose2143 So glad you got that problem sorted out. I wish you the best of luck in restoring your save. In some ways I think that's some of the junk I ran into after a Patch came down. I just know that whatever it was, my game wouldn't play right. Hence my many restarts. OOFFDDAA.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top