Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Under The Tartosan Sun

Comments

• Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    @DaniRose2143 I am caught up, and I’m looking forward to the next chapter. I’m going to put my thoughts on the mermaid topic in a spoiler just in case they turn out to be what is yet to come.
    Alongside all the merfolk lore found around the world near every significant body of water, lakes, rivers, and oceans, there is a hobby called mermaiding that involves swimming with a tail. This hobby is also something people participate in around the world.

My theory is that Danielle is doing something similar. I think I would be pretty surprised if she turned out to be a real mermaid.

Also, there is an odd job that comes with Island Living that involves mermaiding to create awareness for the existence of merfolk.

Mermaiding, as a hobby, includes men, women, children, and has a significant amount of people from LGBTQ community.

I imagine that Danielle is probably participating in that non-magical hobby, but there is a possibility that there could be a bit more Magic involved. Love can be its own magic, and real mermaids could be a thing.

I think it could be extremely entertaining if they met a real mer in the process.
    Metior_Ice wrote: »
    I was away from the forums for a couple weeks and Dani turns into a mermaid! :D I think I have a good idea about what’s going on with that, but I’ll wait until I get to that part of the story to express my thoughts.

Hey, welcome back!

I have almost 300 notifications to sort through and I’m in the middle of writing my next chapter. Note to self, don’t forget to check the forums more frequently. 😅

@GalacticGal in all honesty though, things have gotten very busy for me very quickly, so I haven’t been able to spend as much time as I want to playing the sims or interacting in the forums.

But, thank you for the welcome back!
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,950 Member
    @Metior_Ice
    That's a good theory, but that isn't what happened here.😁 I knew they had tails that you can wear for swimming and usually for underwater performances where someone is portraying a mer. I hadn't heard of it as a hobby though. I can't begin to imagine how much skill and core strength it would take to be able to swim and not just sink to the bottom.
  • Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    edited October 2023
    @DaniRose2143
    It takes a lot of effort, and it definitely isn’t easy. In my opinion, there’s a reason merfolk are depicted as so physically fit.

Edit: And yes, this comes from my experience as a varsity swimmer that specialized in swimming underwater and participating in the mermaiding hobby. You didn’t read that wrong.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,934 Member
    Ah HA @Metior_Ice !
    I always knew you were one of them yourself!

@DaniRose2143 , I hope you are feeling better! and am looking forward to seeing the new Danielle and Londyn, too :)
  • Options
    @Metior_Ice
    I would have been surprised if you didn't take part in mermaiding. Your love and passion for the subject shows in your storytelling.🙂

@mightysprite
    I'm definitely feeling better, and I'm getting closer to finally getting this next chapter done. It shouldn't be much longer.🙂

• Options
    Dear readers,

I'm dealing with some things in the real world that have prevented me from keeping this story and 'Schemes & Dreams' updated as often as they once were. I have an awesome support system of online friends, my true friends, who are so very supportive of me and are helping me through this tough time. I really am close to finishing the latest chapter of this story but I don't know when it will be done. I very obviously missed my target of this weekend. I still hope to finish the next chapter this week, but I won't put a timeline on it.
  • Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,667 Member
    @DaniRose2143, take care of yourself. That's the most important thing... the only important thing. When you're ready to post a new chapter, you will and it will be great. Until then, be well.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,997 Member
    @DaniRose2143 , You post when you can, like luciusstorm said above, taking care of yourself is the only important thing <3
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    hellohannah2hellohannah2 Posts: 839 Member
    @DaniRose2143 I'm so sorry to hear about that. Please please take care of yourself before thinking about your stories. we love your stories and your characters so much but don't let it add any stress to your life. You come first <3
    s54gWQ5.png
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,694 Member
    Dear readers,

I'm dealing with some things in the real world that have prevented me from keeping this story and 'Schemes & Dreams' updated as often as they once were. I have an awesome support system of online friends, my true friends, who are so very supportive of me and are helping me through this tough time. I really am close to finishing the latest chapter of this story but I don't know when it will be done. I very obviously missed my target of this weekend. I still hope to finish the next chapter this week, but I won't put a timeline on it.

Whatever it is, don't worry. Take your time, get things sorted out. Just remember, we'll leave the light on for you. Take care.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Thank you all for the love and support.❤️ I appreciate you all so much. I will be okay and I will be back to work on both of my stories very soon. The issue I’m dealing with isn’t because of pressure to deliver new content for my stories. It’s the reason why I haven’t been as active lately with new content or keeping up with comments on everyone’s stories like I used to.

I love you all very much!🤗
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    @DaniRose2143 Well I hope you'll be alright but don't feel bad it happens, take your time we'll be waiting for you when you're back to a 100%. :)
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,455 Member
    @DaniRose2143 as everyone else has said take care of yourself & whatever is going on first; that's more important than updating stories. We'll be here when you're ready to return 🙂💖.

@GalacticGal I must be showing my age: "we'll leave the light on" - I remember those Motel 6 commercials lol.
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    @DaniRose2143 Please take care. I hope things resolve themselves to the best they can for you.
  • Options
    Thank you all for the kindness and well wishes.❤️ I’ll be fine and back to normal in a couple of days. I’ll be open and say the issue is hanging around with people who feed my bad habits. This past weekend was the final straw. I already feel better for making the commitment to change and my stories will be better for it too.😁
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,455 Member
    Good for you @DaniRose2143!! Stay strong & don't give in to the pressure they're likely to exert to get you to go along. You're better than that 🙂👍.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    @DaniRose2143 well good for you dear, it can be a hard road but not just your stories everything will be better for it in the end. Stay strong :)
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    ZazzyKittynZazzyKittyn Posts: 377 Member
    @DaniRose2143 so glad to hear that you are in the midst of making changes that will be positive to you
    Never fear if you or any other writer whose stories I comment on and read need to stop cause of their physical mental health or things happening IRL we all wish that Real Life doesn't interrupt but does and we all understand that when it happens we have two options stop reading their stories or just wish them the best and wait patiently for them to continue
    <3
  • Options
    Good morning all! I just wanted say again thank you for the support!❤️ I'm doing much better and I'm finding that creative spark again that I've struggled to find while I got lost in partying with friends. I still don't have a timeline for the next chapter but if I keep writing like this it won't be long.😁 I had one of my best writing sessions in months this morning! I really can't express how good this session was and great it felt to find that groove again. That's a feeling that the partying can't replace!😁
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,694 Member
    @DaniRose2143 Glad you're doing better. Losing that 'spark' is a painful ordeal. So happy you found it again. I will continue to wait, patiently, until you post. :) Welcome back.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Chapter Forty Two

Laughter and music wafted from the reception hall, as the waves gently lapped at the beach where Laka Garden stood. Liberty and Matteo's friends and family had taken turns giving speeches and toasts to the happy couple. The wine and champagne were flowing and Summer's menu was being consumed with equal enthusiasm. The happy couple had chosen an uptempo playlist and it was beginning to draw a crowd to the dance floor and any open spot of floor for that matter. Liberty spotted Bella and her daughter Cassie and motioned for them to join her outside. The venue was bathed in the bluish-silver light of a full moon. Laka Garden had a comfy outdoor lounge that caught the evening breeze and brought with it the cleansing salty scent of the ocean. The breeze that night was coming from a direction that not only brought the ocean scent but also crossed a spot of land that was thick with wild jasmine, plumeria, and gardenia, adding them as well.

"I won't keep you long, but it was too noisy in there, and I wanted to properly thank you all for coming. Thank you so much Bella, for coming, and for being such a good mentor."

9ZjwdK9.png

"I was scared when I first joined the agency, but I'm very happy I took you up on your offer to come join. You've been supportive and you've pushed me to be the best agent possible. I'm excited for the transfer to Windenberg, but I'm actually going to miss seeing you everyday. Not many people say that about their boss." That last sentence was met with laughter.
    "No, I imagine most people sit at their desk and think would it be better to shank the boss with a letter opener or bludgeon them with the stapler" Bella said as she thought back to her own early days under Shantel Bridges. "Thank you, Mrs Rossi. I know talent when I see it, and as for coming tonight I wouldn't miss the happiest day of my best agent's life or an excuse to come to Sulani. I'm going to be very involved in your training during the portion in Newcrest. For the record, I've ordered my secretary to remove all letter openers and staplers from your office."

134qdbL.png

"I'm sure I will Bella. I don't want you to go easy on me. I have a lot to learn in what seems like a very short time." She turned her attention to Cassie. "Cassie, your voice is even more amazing than I remembered. Thank you so much for performing. I was moved by your singing."

"Thank you Liberty. It was my pleasure. I love weddings and when mom mentioned that she was coming to yours I saw the light bulb come on over her head. She floated the idea of seeing if you would like to have me come and be your entertainment and I was all in. I love performing in settings like this, but I'm becoming famous and tonight may be the last chance I have to do something this intimate. Or one of the very last anyway. I enjoyed it immensely and the ceremony was beautiful.

kFB7tyF.png

"And I'm sure you weren't taking notes about your own wedding either" said Bella with a small laugh.

"Oh? You and Gwen are thinking about getting married? You two should go for it. I know I've only been married for a couple of hours so I can't really call myself an expert, but having that special someone by your side everyday is the best thing ever."

"You are wise my dear." Gwen had been quietly listening to the conversation and reading Liberty's aura. "You chose the right one to open your heart to, and to trust it with. You will need Matteo's love and strength for what's to come, and he will need your's as well. You will both receive many blessings, but fate says all good things have a price."
    vlYiLOJ.png

An awkward silence started to descend, like a leaf cast off from it's limb, before Cassie spoke. "Gwen, honey, easy on the prophecy. Please forgive her. My girl is into mysticism and...I suppose her own special brand of fortunetelling."

"Oh don't worry, child. I didn't mean to worry you on your happy day" Gwen said. "Many good things are coming to you and your husband. I see many rewards for you at work and home. Matteo will receive something he's secretly dreamed of from his family that will change his life. And your friends have positive auras too. I do not know what's coming for them, but I do sense that it will be positive. Do not fear the hardships that will come but conquer them and keep looking forward and you will be rewarded."

"Thank you Gwen. It's all good ladies, I don't mind at all. I'm going into this new phase of my career with my eyes open. I know things will be difficult and there will be danger, but I'm ready."

The conversation carried on for a short time before they rejoined the celebration. The rest of the night flew by in whirlwind of dance, food, and love. The clock had just gone past midnight, and Liberty and Matteo had given their thanks as they left for their honeymoon spot, an oceanfront bungalow on the far side of Sulani. The guests began to slowly filter out and head back to their hotels. Most of them would be catching flights home later that morning.

Liberty and Matteo arrived at their honeymoon bungalow on the other side of Lani St. Taz. They paused to check out the spectacular view from the deck on the back. Endless ocean, symbolic of the life and promise that lay ahead of them, stretched out to the horizon and beyond, broken only here and there by the small palm-dotted islands. The moon's reflection seemed to dance on the water in sync to a timeless island rhythm that only it could hear.
    hWCNhTp.png

"I love you with all my heart Matteo" she said as she tilted her head back to kiss him. She enjoyed the familiar and comforting feel of his breath on her cheek. "You've made me happier and shown me more love than I could have ever dreamed of. So many changes are coming in my life but I'm ready to face them because I have you with me."
    lDA5BrE.png
    "I love you too. Your love saved me. I've told you this before, but it's no less true." He stroked her shoulder and then kissed it gently. Her hair tickled his cheek and he reveled in the scent of her perfume and shampoo as it did. "I was in a dark place but you brought me back into the light. Everything I have now and everything I will ever have in the future, I owe to you."
    epyWJZY.png

The waves gently rolled in as the tide rolled out. Liberty turned to face Matteo and wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him again, taking her time to enjoy the moment. "They lady who sang at the wedding, Cassie Goth, her girlfriend...fiancé or whatever she is, Gwen," she said as she stared into his eyes with head slightly tipped to one side, "said something interesting. She said you would be getting something you've always dreamed of from your family. You have any idea what she meant?"
    GLTXsqT.png

Matteo said nothing for a few seconds, he held her eyes with his, but Liberty could sense that he was thinking deeply and that he was weighing his words. "I have always wanted to be a great chef, but I've also thought about getting more involved in the family business making wine."
    QMRF76d.png

"Have you told your parents that?"

"No. Not since I was a very young boy and following my dad around the vineyard."

"Do you want to get into the business?"

He fell silent again for a moment and kissed her forehead, "Yes. I do. I would love to open a nice little ristorante on the property and even open it up for weddings too. Mom has floated the idea before, years ago, but dad was against it."

"Why don't you talk to your mom and see if the two of you can talk him into it now. You're a popular and well known chef so maybe your father will be open to it now? What could it hurt to try?"
    rLLo92C.png

"You haven't seen my father when he makes up his mind not to do something and people try to press him."

"Talk to your mother first and get her feelings on it and go from there. Maybe have Allegra join in the conversation. Knowing your mother and Allegra, I doubt they'd have much trouble talking him into this. They are very persuasive and now they have a talented chef in the family to sweeten the deal with. Enough talk about that, what do you say" she said coyly, " we slip out of this formal stuff, and into something...a bit more appropriate for the occasion." As she finished the sentence she lightly hooked a lacquered nail under Matteo's chin and gently pulled him in for another kiss.
    k1OxSfK.png

"Let me think", he said, "umm...yes!" He scooped Liberty into his arms and kissed her again. As he turned her loose, Liberty bounded towards the front door. She was through and up the stairs a split second ahead of him. She grabbed her nightie and planted a loving little kiss on his cheek. "I'll be right back. I want to get changed and freshen up a bit. I want this to be...memorable."

"Mission accomplished already, amore mio."

She dashed back downstairs, gown in hand, to the bungalow's lone bathroom. She had worked with Allegra to get the right look for the moment. She wanted to dial up the glam even though she knew she didn't really need to. Not with Matteo. He'd be in the mood even if she entered the room covered head-to-toe in mud. She wanted to make the moment feel that little bit more special. As she worked with the brushes she never ceased to marvel at how she'd gone from rarely wearing makeup to being able to quickly and artfully apply it in such a short time. She might have been a tom-boy and a daddy's girl growing up but underneath it all she was just like her mom. With the final swipe of lipstick she put her hair up in a tight bun. It wouldn't remain in that bun for long, but she knew from experience how much Matteo enjoyed letting it down or watching her let it down. She gave herself one last primp in the mirror before a quick spritz of her favorite perfume she reserved for the most special of occasions and then climbed the stairs to find him waiting for her at the top. She took him by the hand and gently led him into the room.
    ZVWBGuj.png

"How do I look?"
    kspnpyD.png
    XMSjznf.png

"Absolutely stunning, amore mio. You are without a doubt the most beautiful woman on earth. I'm afraid to kiss you though because I don't want to ruin all the effort you put into your makeup."
    OGtV921.png

"Don't be afraid babe. I want you to mess it up. Nothing would make me happier" She cooed. "It has to come off eventually, and you are so much cuter than my makeup removal wipes. Don't worry I'll give you some later."
    5yvoXzp.png

He reached up and undid the clips holding her brown locks up and her hair fell in a cascade over her shoulders. "This is the part of the night I've been looking forward to the most" he said. He gently kissed her again and they made their way to the honeymoon bed.
    ghX4eL3.png
    gy7NJsg.png
  • Options
    @DaniRose2143
    Very beautiful honeymoon and beautifully written, worth the wait <3
    I hope Matteo will get his father to see things differently :)

• Options
    edited November 2023
    @Ellupelluellu Thank you❤️
    That was just the wedding night. All their honeymoon fun is still to come.🙂 I can't wait to see how things work out for Matteo's dream and Liberty's promotion. Lots of potentially exciting things ahead for both of them! There's still Danielle and Londyn in the either one ,or both, of the chapters coming this week depending on how I decide to split the chapters up.😁
  • Options
    @DaniRose2143
    Yes, I meant wedding night :smiley: just not working brains tonight :D

• Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,667 Member
    @DaniRose2143, wonderful
    The future looks bright for Liberty and Matteo... just keep Liberty away from staplers.

Wonderful seeing more of Cassie and Gwen. :) Gwen's nuts... but good nuts. I love how she sets the future in motion by looking at it.

Liberty and Matteo have certainly both grown, both as good individuals and a great couple. I look forward to seeing Gwen's visions come to pass for them.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top