Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wedding Pack Coming?

Comments

• Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Obviously we still know very little about the pack and weddings don’t really tickle me fancy - hey, I do hope there’s a possibility to make a fortune from stealing wedding rings and selling them on Plopsy - but I’m pretty sure I’d be able to work with a bunch of assets included in this GP.

Depending on the variety of swatches, the church windows and rugs could work well in my historical / magical - builds, although I’m mostly interested in the (swimmable?) beach world of Tartosa.
    Tartosa sounds like an island you may find in the Caribbean Sea, e.g. inspired by Haiti, but in the shape of a tiered tart (aka wedding cake) and I hope it comes without modern set decor and only historical monuments, including ruins from a bygone era. If this is the case I already look forward to deleting all the pre-builds so that I can create an extension to the worlds of Sulani and Selvadorada. It’ll be my “Divil’s Triangle” where many of my sims will go “missing”. If we’re not getting Werebeasts anytime soon, I need more crash landing sites. 😈

I’m also fascinated by this detail:

59813-B0-D-BBED-4-C45-8-A7-E-6-D42-F1-BA2218.jpg

I doubt it, but I truly hope sims will be able to walk like this “off aisle”.
    Can you imagine mothers and fathers chaperoning their daughters just like this, or two sims taking a romantic stroll together on the beach? To me that alone would be more valuable than the entire wedding planner party thingie. Beautiful.

Hey this just made me think.... if sims can now walk down the aisle with arms like this..... doesn't that mean there is opportunity to walk holding hands in this pack or some other pack?👀 either way the opportunity is there....👀 gosh I wanted that for so long.... though it could just be photoshopped lol.

Not into weddings myself. I'm plotting on how to best use this pack to turn my wedding into an apocalyptic chaos at some point 😂😂😂😂

I think it will tied to an object so sims holding hand when just walking anywhere still might not be possible because of routing issues but I hope it becomes a thing.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    Tartosa makes me think of Tartarus, the fiery pits of the world. Or tortoises! This could be a Galapagos sort of place.

I imagine weddings held through this pack will feel less like going on a date, and more like going through a term of university, or going through an aspiration. In fact, might the overall structure be managed as an aspiration, with a series of tiers of tasks?

A Tartarus world would be nice!!

But I guess Tartosa is a joke with the French word tarte (the wedding cake ...)

According to Google Translate Tartosa means tart in Spanish.

More like cake filled or caky. Tarta means cake and "-osa" is an ending to turn a noun into an adjective. I think it'll be a Spanish speaking county inspired new world, either on the Caribbean or the Mediterranean coast.

Mixed opinions about this GP. It seems like it'll be filled with new gameplay but it'll make other "events" (birthdays, celebrations, etc) look more lacklustre.

The "translation" hints at new dancing interactions and I wish we get couple dancing. We also have hints about wedding outfits, will we be able to select outfits for bridesmaids and best men? And what about the flower kiosk? Is it just for wedding decor or we'll be getting bouquets along bouquet tossing?

It doesn't say anything about attraction but I hope it's because the attraction system will be added to BG with the pre pack update.

I see the buffet tables, punch fountains and wine coolers... It'll make luxury party stuff redundant, it's the pack with the least amount of content and now it's even losing exclusivity on its main items. On the flip part, I hope buffet tables will now be able to be filled with different categories of food.
    Happy simming!
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Can't wait to see the wedding couples thread after this pack comes out. Would like to see everyone's weddings and couples.
    Even if I don't play weddings much myself due to my playstyle, I enjoy seeing them and attending them. I think the ceremonies as well as sacred bond of marriage is beautiful (in game and real life).
    I'm actually making Tifa and Cloud from ff7 remake to be a wedding couple (currently playing that amazing game)😆 I know you guys are plotting too.

@Babykittyjade Omg I just found out it was ported to PC (finally!) and I really want to play it! ❤️

Hey, I have Reno in my game. He's totally going to crash your wedding. 😂
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I hope we get an attraction system if sims 4 does not get one it will be the first sims game without it sines sims one
    and I'm still hoping we get a romance pack. like sims2 and sims one had.
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Can't wait to see the wedding couples thread after this pack comes out. Would like to see everyone's weddings and couples.
    Even if I don't play weddings much myself due to my playstyle, I enjoy seeing them and attending them. I think the ceremonies as well as sacred bond of marriage is beautiful (in game and real life).
    I'm actually making Tifa and Cloud from ff7 remake to be a wedding couple (currently playing that amazing game)😆 I know you guys are plotting too.

I love Final Fantasy. I can't wait to see your wedding photos!! Maybe I will make Tidus and Yuna for a couple haha.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I think the walking down the aisle, arm in arm gesture is tied to the long aisle rug thingie.

But I would love (and prefer) to also have that interaction outside of that rug, of course! :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    We have more than a post card though we also have the confirmed feature list one of the major features was Sims drinking tea this pack is jam packed with nothing.

@ChadSims2 it seems you get very little, if any, enjoyment from the game. I do hope there's something in this pack to make it worth your while. 🙂
    I hope so to but they have never really gone above the pack features with anything of value you get what's listed and not much more so I doubt it unless something was lost in translation, or they actually surprise me once and add something like slow dancing.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 704 Member
    I hope that it will take a little more than 4 bites to eat the wedding feast!
  • Options
    Phantasi33Phantasi33 Posts: 181 Member
    @LatinaBunny is correct. There are four lots created by members of the Sims community.

Well here's hoping they aren't ruined by MOO like most of the other builds GCs have done for packs. 🙄😬

To be fair, when Game Changers are requested to build lots for packs, there is a criteria they have to stick to, one of which is the move objects cheat is not allowed to be used.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Phantasi33 wrote: »
    @LatinaBunny is correct. There are four lots created by members of the Sims community.

Well here's hoping they aren't ruined by MOO like most of the other builds GCs have done for packs. 🙄😬

To be fair, when Game Changers are requested to build lots for packs, there is a criteria they have to stick to, one of which is the move objects cheat is not allowed to be used.

Then a lot of them seriously messed up their builds, because I find MOO placed objects all over them, especially the ones in Henford-on-Bagley.
  • Options
    Phantasi33Phantasi33 Posts: 181 Member

Then a lot of them seriously messed up their builds, because I find MOO placed objects all over them, especially the ones in Henford-on-Bagley.

I know that when Claire Soibhan was asked to build for Henford-on-Bagley she admitted to using MOO so when the devs found out, they asked her to re-build her lot. Don't know why there would still be issues afterwards 🤷🏾‍♀️
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    We have more than a post card though we also have the confirmed feature list one of the major features was Sims drinking tea this pack is jam packed with nothing.

@ChadSims2 it seems you get very little, if any, enjoyment from the game. I do hope there's something in this pack to make it worth your while. 🙂
    I hope so to but they have never really gone above the pack features with anything of value you get what's listed and not much more so I doubt it unless something was lost in translation, or they actually surprise me once and add something like slow dancing.

Maxis tends to both surprise me and disappoint me.

But I think that depends on your expectations and how invested you are in the game. I lowered my expectations and also play time and investment into the game because I noticed that I had trouble having fun.
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member

I know that when Claire Soibhan was asked to build for Henford-on-Bagley she admitted to using MOO so when the devs found out, they asked her to re-build her lot. Don't know why there would still be issues afterwards 🤷🏾‍♀️

The game changers were allowed to use MOO on Snowy Escape. And I've watched the videos of the Cottage Living builds by game changers. They admitted to trying to get things past the devs and they did in some cases. You can tell when you renovate them.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

@Babykittyjade Omg I just found out it was ported to PC (finally!) and I really want to play it! ❤️

Hey, I have Reno in my game. He's totally going to crash your wedding. 😂

Hahaha haha 😂😂😂 bring it on!
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    favriel wrote: »
    Eteyra wrote: »
    In the promo pictures, there is no slow dancing and I feel they would definitely have put it there if it was in the pack.
    To be fair the trailer is where you showcase the most exciting features, promos can show some of that but can't give everything away. You don't want people to watch the trailer and go "oh so just the stuff I saw in the pictures, I was hoping for more". That's why e.g. Snowy Escape promo pictures didn't show rock climbing, sledding and mountain excursions.

And Livestreams show even more.

Did they announce a Livestream?

Remember the Henford on Badgley postcard that didn't say anything about animals and hardly anything about farming? Let's stay positive for now that this will be a proper Gameplay Pack and not DHD II.

No but I'm sure we'll get a Livestream before release.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    In the promo pictures, there is no slow dancing and I feel they would definitely have put it there if it was in the pack.
    To be fair the trailer is where you showcase the most exciting features, promos can show some of that but can't give everything away. You don't want people to watch the trailer and go "oh so just the stuff I saw in the pictures, I was hoping for more". That's why e.g. Snowy Escape promo pictures didn't show rock climbing, sledding and mountain excursions.

Remember the Henford on Badgley postcard that didn't say anything about animals and hardly anything about farming? Let's stay positive for now that this will be a proper Gameplay Pack and not DHD II.

Even if it is a disappointment that new beach world may make up for it.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member

We might also get some nice formal clothing with this pack as well. I know I have wanted more formal clothing for men.
  • Options
    scoed1227scoed1227 Posts: 145 Member

This is my only real hope for the pack. If it is a world that I love it still may be worth the asking price. I read the feature list and there is no gameplay worth the asking price. CAS and Build/Buy in leaked screen shots look too wedding themed so useless for normal gameplay. In short the world has to be stellar. Thet have upped their game on world design so I am hoping.

Note I am a fool and will buy this pack regardless. I am so desperate for new gameplay I will even buy this narrow pack. I know better but I am desperate.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    scoed1227 wrote: »

This is my only real hope for the pack. If it is a world that I love it still may be worth the asking price. I read the feature list and there is no gameplay worth the asking price. CAS and Build/Buy in leaked screen shots look too wedding themed so useless for normal gameplay. In short the world has to be stellar. Thet have upped their game on world design so I am hoping.

Note I am a fool and will buy this pack regardless. I am so desperate for new gameplay I will even buy this narrow pack. I know better but I am desperate.

Why is it funnier than it should be? :joy: And thats the reason why this game is still selling and never seems to significiantly improve...
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    So is there slow dancing now?
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    sam123 wrote: »
    So is there slow dancing now?

We don't know yet. They have mentioned dancing in the description, but not specifically slow dancing. In one of the photos, there are two sims dancing on a new dance floor, but they are technically not slow dancing.
    So, hopefully...
  • Options
    LaruhellLaruhell Posts: 48 Member
    I will absolutely lose my mind if in the trailer they show the couple doing the base game dance animations during their wedding. Theres no way eaxis would be that lazy and not add some new couple dance interaction but then again this is ea we're talking about lol
  • Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    edited February 2022

I'm guessing this will have some sort of connection to the upcoming pack? 🤔

I'm trying to withhold commenting for now until we see something more in depth, but I can't say I'm impressed with what I've currently seen/read about this pack.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Plumbeeb wrote: »

I'm guessing this will have some sort of connection to the upcoming pack? 🤔

I'm trying to withhold commenting for now until we see something more in depth, but I can't say I'm impressed with what I've currently seen/read about this pack.

I am loving these wedding invitations. Hope the in-game weddings will offer much drama like real life ones do. 🤣
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
    I think everyone here is overlooking that this clearly an elaborate calligraphy career focused pack.

Just look at that typeface on the invitation!
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png