Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wedding Pack Coming?

1202122232426...Next

Comments

• ApricusApricus Posts: 672 Member
    Things basically confirmed:
    Ringerbearer
    Flower girl
    Bachelor parties
    Tea parties
    Dancing styles
    Slow dancing
    Catching bouquet
    Relatives crying or showing disfavor
    Walking down aisle
    Calling guests to sit
    Adults/teens dancing with children
    Actual cake decorating
    Picking flowers, cake, and dress
    I think I spot some more nail designs
    This might be base game, but in the background of one of the shots, you can see a women slapping the ring out of a man’s hands (usually they politely turn it down)
    New world
    New CAS (duh)
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    edited February 2022
    After having watched the trailer I’m not really sure what to feel yet. Luke-warm I guess? Weddings have always been at the bottom of my priority list, although the reason I’d purchase this pack at release would be for the new world and the BB items. I noticed some really beautiful Chinese content.

What about gameplay though?
    Does the mention of “wants and nots” indicate that we’re getting some sort of chemistry system?
    I’m also curious about the wedding traditions. Do they have to be wedding related? Does owning the pack mean that I can plan those rituals into a custom event on the calendar? The most straight forward example would be tea ceremonies, but let’s say my aliens need to do “rice throwing” every Wednesday morning in order to please the Sixam Gods. Would I be able to do that without being restricted by the wedding event?

Questions I have. Questions I have.
    Ok I’ll tune in on Friday to watch the livestream.
    Answers I need. Answers I need.
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    DJAX wrote: »
    The post also mentioned 4 venues (beach, estate, forest, church) as well as reverent residents and local lore so I’m assuming we are getting something around the size of strangerville

According to the wiki, Strangerville has There are a total of 9 residential lots, 2 community lots and 1 special lot. So, maybe.. *thinks* 1 of each venue (beach, estate, forest, church) and then the food/flower stalls and dress shop (all shells, I would assume), and the rest is residential?

There's gonna be a beaches, gardens, a church, and ballrooms. So one for each type plus at least two residential lots (one for the pre-made couple confirmed) that's 6 lots. And usually there would be an empty lot. So 7. I think we will get 10...
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Pipersfun2Pipersfun2 Posts: 710 Member
    VeeDub wrote: »
    Still gonna wait for details before giving up on this one entirely, but I'm not encouraged. As a player whose sims (even the most romantically-inclined ones) rarely get married and never have game-event weddings, this pack may well be wasted on me. :neutral:

I hear you, if I get it. It will be later just for the stuff, item's.
    while we are playing them,WHO IS PLAYING US?
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Pipersfun2 wrote: »
    VeeDub wrote: »
    Still gonna wait for details before giving up on this one entirely, but I'm not encouraged. As a player whose sims (even the most romantically-inclined ones) rarely get married and never have game-event weddings, this pack may well be wasted on me. :neutral:

I hear you, if I get it. It will be later just for the stuff, item's.

Agreed. Now that we know the pack also includes a new world, I'll be more likely to get it eventually. But I still need more info before I decide for certain.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    edited February 2022
    I hope the big old romantic moon floating over the water in Tartosa is the kind that makes you just want to howl before you kiss your intended. <3 Looks great!
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I have the same questions as Captain. Although I'm buying it anyway I do wonder how much of this I can use outside of weddings since it's something I'll rarely ever do. But perhaps I can still use the features in other ways as I usually do 🙂
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    Is it possible that the lighthouse is livable-in? (It seems more 'built' than the Brindleton Bay one)