Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wedding Pack Coming?

Comments

• Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    @sireneiles Some wedding drama would be great! I would love a Bridezilla aspiration or trait.
  • Options
    BK747BK747 Posts: 174 Member
    In addition to my previous comment, the leaked features do seem 100% focused on the wedding and not romance in general, which is unfortunate.

The game needs an attraction system, so I am remaining hopeful that it will come in a base game update instead. That said, the roadmap didn’t seem to suggest any significant game updates like it did in previous roadmaps, so I am doubtful it will come as an update with the launch of wedding stories 😢… but one can hope!
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited February 2022
    BK747 wrote: »
    I was reading over the leaked key features and one line stood out to me when referencing the apparent stalls for choosing cake and flowers;

“Visit locations created by community staff…”

It is likely the features are translated from another language, but the wording here is clunky and strange to me.

I’m assuming by locations, they’re referring to the stalls, but what does community staff mean? I can’t imagine you’d use that wording to refer to random vendors… Could it be ‘resort’ staff? Is the world of Tartosa some kind of beach resort and not a typical residential world?

I don’t want to read into it too much, and I don’t think this would mean we’re getting hotels that we can run like everyone has been asking for, but it definitely sets off some alarm bells that make me wonder about the world we’re getting. It definitely makes me wonder if it will include some different features from a typical residential world!?

I feel that it could just be lots created by CC/Sims fan creators or something like that. That one early quarter announcement did mention more collabs with CC/Sims creators from the fan Sims community, so this could be alluding to that aspect.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    @LatinaBunny is correct. There are four lots created by members of the Sims community.
  • Options
    @simgirl1010 where did you find that out?

That's interesting. Do you know who the Simmers are? I guess they threw in the towel and gave up decorating their own lots :lol: I thought they did a great job with Cottage Living though. Those lots were amazing.
  • Options
    edited February 2022

I feel that it could just be lots created by CC/Sims fan creators or something like that. That one early quarter announcement did mention more collabs with CC/Sims creators from the fan Sims community, so this could be alluding to that aspect.

Okay… that actually makes a lot of sense. So the strangely translated word is probably staff, not community. Staff should have been ‘creators’ or ‘members’ to refer to the game changers who made the lots. Which would also reference the “community collabs in game and out” that were in the roadmap.

Sad though that game changer-built lots are being listed in the ‘key features’ of a pack.
  • Options
    Elliandre wrote: »

That's interesting. Do you know who the Simmers are? I guess they threw in the towel and gave up decorating their own lots :lol: I thought they did a great job with Cottage Living though. Those lots were amazing.

I plead the fifth. 😄
  • Options

Okay… that actually makes a lot of sense. So the strangely translated word is probably staff, not community. Staff should have been ‘creators’ or ‘members’ to refer to the game changers who made the lots. Which would also reference the “community collabs in game and out” that were in the roadmap.

Sad though that game changer-built lots are being listed in the ‘key features’ of a pack.

Those builds could be new lot types. 🤔
  • Options

Those builds could be new lot types. 🤔

Agreed! I definitely think there will be some kind of new ‘wedding venue’ lot type to help with some of the new pack’s functionality.
  • Options

I plead the fifth. 😄

Haha okay np. I wonder what else you know that you're not telling us. :lol:
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I like what they've been doing with lots and lot challenges lately so I'm hopeful for something good in regards to lots.
    No one has talked much about traits. If we're getting any I wonder what it is. I hope one is at least negative or drama filled like the high mantiene trait.
    Too bad jealousy was nerfed when people could have just chose another trait. That'd be great in this situation. Still missing my jealous sim in all of his former jealous glory🥺😢. He was so insecure and possessive I loved it. It helped make him unique and unfold stories. But enough mourning my jealous sim lol
    I doubt it would happen but I would like an update to the romance trait. I never found it interesting. My romantic sims don't have much to them besides getting flirty more often so I rarely use it.
    Always looking forward to more traits. Especially negative or interesting ones. So I'm really curious.

I forgot to mention I think we could also use a handful of superficial traits. I don't want to use trait mods I want the sims to make it but since they haven't I have traits like pretty,cute, scary, ugly etc. And looks may be superficial but it's a big part of life and how people are treated. I love how sims are scared of my scary trait sim as soon as he goes zooming by as a townie. I put it on all of my evil vampires. The cute sim has all kind of cute interactions like "say something cute" and everyone adores her lol
    Pretty sim is vain etc. Just adds another layer too their personalities and feelings of individuality.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    @LatinaBunny is correct. There are four lots created by members of the Sims community.

Well here's hoping they aren't ruined by MOO like most of the other builds GCs have done for packs. 🙄😬
  • Options
    DJAXDJAX Posts: 18 Member
    The line in the description about choosing traditions for the ceremonies reminds me a lot of holidays from seasons and I’m hoping they bring the cake dancer back for bachelor/bachelorette parties, also what if the base game update adds onto neighborhood stories and allows us to get invited to other sims weddings
  • Options
    GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    I'm excited so far, this looks to have a lot of what I hoped for. One thing I hope is that the "travel" to venues to plan the event is optional. I'd prefer to choose things from a picker at the computer, because I don't need a bunch of extra loading screens every time I want to have Sims get married. It would be fun to play through the travel and visiting of venues and vendors one time, but not every time. So I hope there's a shortcut too.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited February 2022

Well here's hoping they aren't ruined by MOO like most of the other builds GCs have done for packs. 🙄😬
    I haven't found any issues with the moo usage in the builds
    I do however really prefer the incomplete builds we had before
    it was exciting to try to make something out of those and choose what to keep what to not
    now builds are just so detailed that i feel like bulldozing them straight away is much easier

also its not really even detailed in good way
    like i feel like these builds are really missing out on lore opportunities
    because they don't give gamechangers enough info on the world, items, sims living in the world etc.
    before they have to make a build for it so they end up making pretty houses over something loreful and interesting enough to keep
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    edited February 2022
    sireneiles wrote: »
    I’ll keep my hopes down but i was hoping for a crossover between packs (Get to work + Wedding stories) where you could open your own wedding boutique for your sims to later on shop there, but i’ll doubt it will be functional (you’ll probably not be able to chose the stuff there other than the dress) it looks like the cake and the flowers options are tied to the annoying (but cute) little stalls again which make me sad. I don’t think they understand how cool it would be to open a proper wedding boutique.

The new world better be residential. I don’t want a vacation world, no one does. Give us the option to live there and rent there if necessary, but so far the pictures look dreamy. Give us options EA (!!)

There’s no mention of anything other than the actual wedding (yet?) so i guess no wedding planner career and no attraction system, but i can always dream of it happening

I sincerely hope they let us do weddings the way we want and don’t force us to do premade scenarios or whatever linear stories that no one cares about.

I’m expecting a lot of gameplay and plenty of new animations with this pack. Kisses, crying, pretty poses, bouquet throwing etc… I sincerely hope they don’t try to trick us with reused animations and the whole EA laziness thing (which often consists of good CAS and buy mode but very little on screen new interactions)

The new buffet look great - now i 100% feel ripped off with the chocolate foutain, which was the only redeemable quality of the luxury party stuff pack

We waited half a year for new gameplay content. Even tho i’m not 100 % happy this pack is next in line (because my family just needs more family gameplay and not just one event thing) ; i’m still happy they took an actual part of the game that most people like and decided to work on it. I genuinely hope they delivered on this, we’re all starving.
    I’m hoping the new buffet has different food set ups tied to it, such as, Indian, American, Spanish, etc. having different types of food set ups would be great rather than using the same food set up in the luxury party buffet table. If it does have different food setups than luxury party, or even adds these different set ups to our old buffets tables tying in the two that would be great. I have already made great use of the buffet tables we already have. It would really be nice if we could choose any serving of foods that can be cooked to place there ( without having to cook the foods first, just purchase it instead ).

I too hope the new world can be used for residential ( or vacations ). It would be nice if we could get a hotel lot type and make our own hotels. I don’t know why we haven’t yet got an apartment type of lot where we can make our own apartments since we have had 2 EP’s already that have apartments in them.

I do hope we also get a lot of new romantic interactions. I’d love to see cuddling, kissing,, spooning in bed. They could make a footsies interacting tie in with dine out. They could have a romantic bear rug, they could have a romantic picnic with a blanket on the ground. And of course many people want slow dancing, and other partner dancing.

I’m hoping for a basegame attraction system too the perhaps packs can build upon ( like the likes and dislikes, and club system ).

I hope there is some sandbox aspect to the weddings where we can choose what we want done.

I am hoping we will get a wedding category in CAS as well. If they added a hot weather and cold weather category, they can surely add a wedding category (and hopefully a costume category at some time as well ).
  • Options
    The MOO huh ... I have this strong feeling you're not talking about the cows from Cottage Living ... I just don't know what else in the game makes a MOO
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member

Obviously we still know very little about the pack and weddings don’t really tickle me fancy - hey, I do hope there’s a possibility to make a fortune from stealing wedding rings and selling them on Plopsy - but I’m pretty sure I’d be able to work with a bunch of assets included in this GP.

Depending on the variety of swatches, the church windows and rugs could work well in my historical / magical - builds, although I’m mostly interested in the (swimmable?) beach world of Tartosa.
    Tartosa sounds like an island you may find in the Caribbean Sea, e.g. inspired by Haiti, but in the shape of a tiered tart (aka wedding cake) and I hope it comes without modern set decor and only historical monuments, including ruins from a bygone era. If this is the case I already look forward to deleting all the pre-builds so that I can create an extension to the worlds of Sulani and Selvadorada. It’ll be my “Divil’s Triangle” where many of my sims will go “missing”. If we’re not getting Werebeasts anytime soon, I need more crash landing sites. 😈

I’m also fascinated by this detail:

59813-B0-D-BBED-4-C45-8-A7-E-6-D42-F1-BA2218.jpg

I doubt it, but I truly hope sims will be able to walk like this “off aisle”.
    Can you imagine mothers and fathers chaperoning their daughters just like this, or two sims taking a romantic stroll together on the beach? To me that alone would be more valuable than the entire wedding planner party thingie. Beautiful.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    The MOO huh ... I have this strong feeling you're not talking about the cows from Cottage Living ... I just don't know what else in the game makes a MOO

MOO is the move object on cheat, meaning you can place objects anywhere with no restrictions.
  • Options
    bixters wrote: »

MOO is the move object on cheat, meaning you can place objects anywhere with no restrictions.
    @bixters Ohhh. :joy: Thank you!! :heart:
  • Options
    Obviously we still know very little about the pack and weddings don’t really tickle me fancy - hey, I do hope there’s a possibility to make a fortune from stealing wedding rings and selling them on Plopsy - but I’m pretty sure I’d be able to work with a bunch of assets included in this GP.

Depending on the variety of swatches, the church windows and rugs could work well in my historical / magical - builds, although I’m mostly interested in the (swimmable?) beach world of Tartosa.
    Tartosa sounds like an island you may find in the Caribbean Sea, e.g. inspired by Haiti, but in the shape of a tiered tart (aka wedding cake) and I hope it comes without modern set decor and only historical monuments, including ruins from a bygone era. If this is the case I already look forward to deleting all the pre-builds so that I can create an extension to the worlds of Sulani and Selvadorada. It’ll be my “Divil’s Triangle” where many of my sims will go “missing”. If we’re not getting Werebeasts anytime soon, I need more crash landing sites. 😈

Can you imagine mothers and fathers chaperoning their daughters just like this, or two sims taking a romantic stroll together on the beach? To me that alone would be more valuable than the entire wedding planner party thingie. Beautiful.

Hey this just made me think.... if sims can now walk down the aisle with arms like this..... doesn't that mean there is opportunity to walk holding hands in this pack or some other pack?👀 either way the opportunity is there....👀 gosh I wanted that for so long.... though it could just be photoshopped lol.

Not into weddings myself. I'm plotting on how to best use this pack to turn my wedding into an apocalyptic chaos at some point 😂😂😂😂
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Can't wait to see the wedding couples thread after this pack comes out. Would like to see everyone's weddings and couples.
    Even if I don't play weddings much myself due to my playstyle, I enjoy seeing them and attending them. I think the ceremonies as well as sacred bond of marriage is beautiful (in game and real life).
    I'm actually making Tifa and Cloud from ff7 remake to be a wedding couple (currently playing that amazing game)😆 I know you guys are plotting too.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    I was reading over the leaked key features and one line stood out to me when referencing the apparent stalls for choosing cake and flowers;

“Visit locations created by community staff…”

It is likely the features are translated from another language, but the wording here is clunky and strange to me.

I’m assuming by locations, they’re referring to the stalls, but what does community staff mean? I can’t imagine you’d use that wording to refer to random vendors… Could it be ‘resort’ staff? Is the world of Tartosa some kind of beach resort and not a typical residential world?

I don’t want to read into it too much, and I don’t think this would mean we’re getting hotels that we can run like everyone has been asking for, but it definitely sets off some alarm bells that make me wonder about the world we’re getting. It definitely makes me wonder if it will include some different features from a typical residential world!?

I did not read the leak, but assuming this might be "community staff" translated from "simming community members" as in game changers (if that is still a thing).
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member

I have a feeling the wedding sims are interacting with a rug, because in each case it shows them walking down the isle there is a long rug underneath them.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »

I have a feeling the wedding sims are interacting with a rug, because in each case it shows them walking down the isle there is a long rug underneath them.

Well, they showcased weddings, and there was no reason to picture them holding hands on the street, but it would be lovely if they could go for a walk, holding hands lie this.