Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wedding Pack Coming?

Comments

• Chris_McSimsChris_McSims Posts: 120 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    anyone notice that the circle stained glass window in one screen shot?

It reminds me of churches's windows. Maybe we'll get churches where sims can get married and venues where the wedding party happens?
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    all i can say is at this point in time willhave to wait and see
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    I am so looking forward to this pack. I had a lot of reservations when I heard the name (similar to some of the concerns I've read in this thread) but with each "leaked" photo and list of "key features", I'm more and more comfortable and much more excited.

Weddings are one of my favorite things in the game. I mostly play a legacy family (and the heirs just got engaged) so for me it's a very important part. (My "heirs" usually start getting to know each other when they are little so their romances grow slowly. Online dating and the like are not something I'd ever use, although I'd like it in the game for those who would use it.)

I hope they *don't* put an attraction system into the game pack. I think that an attraction system should go in the BASE GAME! I don't want a "zodiac system" because attraction is far more "individual" than 12 slots. In real life it's based on things like common interests, underlying traits and experiences with the person. So, I'd rather have them improve sentiments, likes/dislikes and traits (like adding another trait slot and more traits.)

As far as what I see that I've been wanting: new wedding outfits (and outfits for the guests), veils (which I hope are "hats" and are more than just that one fascinator type of veil. I want veils that are also "fingertip" length and full length) and parties (bachelor/ette, engagement, rehearsal).

While I didn't include it in my "wishes", I like the stained glass windows. (I hope there is more variety than we've seen, since I want skinnier ones too.) And the other b/b I've seen is better than I was expecting. (I don't need more chairs, bars or oversized flowers though. It's why I haven't cared much for the CC wedding "packs" that I've seen.) I like the new buffet table and fountain (which look like new meshes rather than recolors of the Luxury Party ones that I use all the time or the fountain from the Romance Festival which is a recolor of the LP one.)

While we haven't seen it yet, I do hope they put in slow dancing (and other couple dancing like the tango.) I've missed that.

I also hope that they tune the "attractions" that Sims have for doing things other than what the situation calls for. I play with autonomy off, so my Sims all have their wedding guests sit in the provided seats. But they need to tune "sit down for ceremony" to be at a much higher "attraction" than for other things for people who don't turn autonomy off.

I hope that they make it so that there is an actual "wedding venue." My church that I use has to be a "park" (since generic doesn't work for wedding planning.) That means that I have to have playground equipment and a chess table on the lot. Those always bring in a lot of "wedding crashers" to my Sims' weddings. "Hey, why are you having your 'Cosplay Club' have their meeting in the middle of my Sims' wedding???"

I also didn't see that they have "opening the gifts" as any part of it. They wouldn't have to do anything but recolor the "large pile of presents" (but I'd like that anyway. More colors, especially pastels, white, silver and gold, please!) It's one of the things (right after "cut the cake") that I have my Sims do at their wedding.
  • favrielfavriel Posts: 72 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »

That looks like punch to me, not chocolate.

In Luxury Party you can fill the fountain with different things, chocolate is one of the options and so is punch.

aIkpT9s.png
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    favriel wrote: »

In Luxury Party you can fill the fountain with different things, chocolate is one of the options and so is punch.

aIkpT9s.png

Hmmm. I've had luxury Party for years, and have used the chocolate fountain often, and have never seen most of these options. Maybe I've just missed it, but are you sure that's not from a mod?
  • EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 340 Member
    edited February 2022

aIkpT9s.png

Hmmm. I've had luxury Party for years, and have used the chocolate fountain often, and have never seen most of these options. Maybe I've just missed it, but are you sure that's not from a mod?

It's not a mod. Per Carl's site, you need a certain level of the mixology or cooking skill to unlock all of the drink & food options.
    https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/stuffpacks/luxuryparty/
    The Fountain of Mirth
    In my opinion, the single biggest gameplay-impacting item in Luxury Party Stuff is the Fountain of Mirth. This new fountain can be placed on one of two buffet tables. The fountain features options to fill it with food or drink. You can add chocolate, cheese, or caramel in the food category, and a few different drinks. Their availability are based upon your Sim's Mixology and Homestyle Cooking skill levels. If you have level 5 in either, you can 'Improve' food or drink once it's in the fountain, and cause Sims to get a +2 Happy Moodlet for 4h after eating or drinking from it. Sims who have level 4 Mischief can taint the fountain's contents to give Sims a +2 Uncomfortable moodlet. Here's a list of the food and drink you can serve from the fountain:

Chocolate ($50) - no level requirement, but like all foods may give a Fantastic Food Moodlet
    Fruit Punch ($25) - no level requirement, but doesn't do anything either.
    Sparkling Apple Juice ($50) - Mixology Level 3, Makes Sims Playful (+1)
    Cheese (Fondue) ($75) - Cooking Level 4, Makes Sims Inspired (+1)
    Futuristic Punch ($75) - Mixology Level 5, Makes Sims Focused (+1)
    Caramel ($100) - Cooking level 8, Fantastic Food.
    Party Extender Punch ($100) - Mixology level 8, Makes Sims Energized (+1)
    edited February 2022
    Fruit punch and chocolate are available for every sim, the other options won't show up unless you have the required level of the cooking/mixology skill.

Edit. I was too slow, very typical of me
  • LJKLJK Posts: 257 Member
    edited February 2022
    While I cannot completely judge this pack until it comes out, it's currently looking like a disappointment to me. It seems like it expands on the wedding mechanics in the game and not romance in general, which means there will be no pack that expands on romance because this pack "technically" does. Big weddings are not of a great interest to me as I usually just make my Sims elope. There's only two hopes left, assuming I'm right about this pack. That this pack will at least add slow-dancing and the patch for the pack will add more romantic interactions (like actual cuddling) and perhaps an attraction system. Perhaps more romantic sentiments as I do like that mechanic.
  • EteyraEteyra Posts: 26 Member
    Like a lot of you, I'm a bit worried about his pack. At first I was so excited because new romance interactions yay! But it seems it only focuses heavily on the wedding ceremony and not romance per say.

Also I need to know if slow dancing will finally be introduced in the game!! In the promo pictures, there is no slow dancing and I feel they would definitely have put it there if it was in the pack.
    Because in the pictures, even though it's a wedding pack, I don't see a lot of "romance". Give me real tender hugs, loving eyes, new kisses...
    I also hope for honeymoons!

So, I'm excited about this pack, but also a bit afraid it will not live up to our expectations.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    well maybe romance can be its own pack
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    Eteyra wrote: »
    In the promo pictures, there is no slow dancing and I feel they would definitely have put it there if it was in the pack.
    To be fair the trailer is where you showcase the most exciting features, promos can show some of that but can't give everything away. You don't want people to watch the trailer and go "oh so just the stuff I saw in the pictures, I was hoping for more". That's why e.g. Snowy Escape promo pictures didn't show rock climbing, sledding and mountain excursions.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    Before we're too dismissive of what isn't in the pictures, let's remember that we technically weren't supposed to see them yet. So there may well be key features that are part of the pack (or coming to base game in the pre pack patch) that weren't showcased in the pictures because they're scheduled to be showcased either in the trailer, or else in a livestream (which I'll admit there is no guarantee of a livestream) And these features aren't in the pictures because they didn't know (at the time) that they'd need to put everything in the picture for people to not write off the pack because some stuff wasn't showcased.

Honestly, I don't think we should write off any pack until about two weeks after it's released and people (EA Creators, people who buy All the Things, people who want the pack despite it's apparent shortcomings) have had a chance to put it through its paces.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited February 2022
    In the promo pictures, there is no slow dancing and I feel they would definitely have put it there if it was in the pack.
    To be fair the trailer is where you showcase the most exciting features, promos can show some of that but can't give everything away. You don't want people to watch the trailer and go "oh so just the stuff I saw in the pictures, I was hoping for more". That's why e.g. Snowy Escape promo pictures didn't show rock climbing, sledding and mountain excursions.

This. They need surprises for later. I can't image the entire pack is shown in 3 promo pictures 😅
    Even a kit has more than shown in promo lol
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited February 2022

This. They need surprises for later. I can't image the entire pack is shown in 3 promo pictures 😅
    Even a kit has more than shown in promo lol

How many promo pictures do they usually release for game packs? I'm pretty sure Carnival Streetwear only got 2 pictures and a trailer.
    I looked on Origin, and Gamepacks look like they have 4 pictures and 1-2 trailers.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited February 2022

aIkpT9s.png

Some require higher Cooking/Mixology level, I believe. There are also Mischief interactions such as spiking the punch.

I'm hoping the new GP adds more foods to the table (preferably ALL the foods), allows us to choose by type or ethnicity and maybe add new punch/drink options too (and maybe the CiL tea/punch if we have that pack). Adding CiL festival swatches to the LP buffet table would be nice too.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited February 2022
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Before we're too dismissive of what isn't in the pictures, let's remember that we technically weren't supposed to see them yet. So there may well be key features that are part of the pack (or coming to base game in the pre pack patch) that weren't showcased in the pictures because they're scheduled to be showcased either in the trailer, or else in a livestream (which I'll admit there is no guarantee of a livestream) And these features aren't in the pictures because they didn't know (at the time) that they'd need to put everything in the picture for people to not write off the pack because some stuff wasn't showcased.

Honestly, I don't think we should write off any pack until about two weeks after it's released and people (EA Creators, people who buy All the Things, people who want the pack despite it's apparent shortcomings) have had a chance to put it through its paces.

Also, some things are better presented via different media. It makes much more sense to show off dancing (mentioned both in the leaked description and on the invitation) via video (or even .gifs) than in screenshots.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member

aIkpT9s.png

No it came with that object.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member

And Livestreams show even more.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    "We're going to the Chapel and we are going to get married, going to the Chapel & we are going to get married, going to the Chapel of Love, ya, ya, ya, ya"

I so had to sing that because I'm still giddy about this pack. :D
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited February 2022

Did they announce a Livestream?

Remember the Henford on Badgley postcard that didn't say anything about animals and hardly anything about farming? Let's stay positive for now that this will be a proper Gameplay Pack and not DHD II.

Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »

Remember the Henford on Badgley postcard that didn't say anything about animals and hardly anything about farming? Let's stay positive for now that this will be a proper Gameplay Pack and not DHD II.
    We have more than a post card though we also have the confirmed feature list one of the major features was Sims drinking tea this pack is jam packed with nothing.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    We have more than a post card though we also have the confirmed feature list one of the major features was Sims drinking tea this pack is jam packed with nothing.

@ChadSims2 it seems you get very little, if any, enjoyment from the game. I do hope there's something in this pack to make it worth your while. 🙂
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    83bienchen wrote: »

Hi @ChadSims2 it's a tea CEREMONY ok, it's not just Sims drinking tea lol. Stop trying to pour cold tea all over my excitement. You make it sound like it's gonna be takeout tea from a vendor stall :joy: It's gonna a beautiful ceremony I'm looking forward to it. I will cry if they have to order tea from a vendor stall or just fill a pot and call the Sims to it. We haven't even seen the ceremony yet why are you so hostile to serving wedding guests some tea ... I am picturing a well dressed caterer arriving with a beautiful tea tray in silver and gold and walking around serving all the family at the head table. And they didn't show us the wedding cakes yet which are even more important.

The major features I saw are walking down an aisle to get married, planning the wedding by choosing cakes, outfits, maid of honour etc.., speeches from the wedding party, some type of new dance, which we all hope is a slow one I think, and a tea ceremony. I'm hoping what has been left to reveal is an attraction system and new romantic interactions. :smile:
  • sireneilessireneiles Posts: 67 Member
    I have realistic expectations for this game pack, so i won’t mention romance in itself but i highly hope they went all the way for what it is (aka the wedding experience) :
    - Bridal shop needs to be a thing. Not just the stall thing. Replay value guys ! Cross over between packs ! Make that get to work worthwhile !
    - NEW animations. ON SCREEN interactions. Don’t they dare reuse animations from other packs like they do for everything ! Not this time
    - Fix the wedding issue where the rings exchange is too short and guest don’t sit down on the obvious chairs right in front of them
    - Hoping for a wedding planner but it’s not likely to happen because you would need story progression for that, unless they generate random couples but that would be counterproductive/weird and i don’t believe they’d work on that
    - Hoping for at least a new trait or a new aspiration. If they can make an aspiration for vacuum they can make one for weddings
    - New world NEED to be residential.
    - The ability to have drama during the wedding and cancel everything last minute. It can’t be called « wedding stories » if the only story you can tell is how perfect it was in different shades of pink.
  • BK747BK747 Posts: 174 Member
    I was reading over the leaked key features and one line stood out to me when referencing the apparent stalls for choosing cake and flowers;

“Visit locations created by community staff…”

It is likely the features are translated from another language, but the wording here is clunky and strange to me.

I’m assuming by locations, they’re referring to the stalls, but what does community staff mean? I can’t imagine you’d use that wording to refer to random vendors… Could it be ‘resort’ staff? Is the world of Tartosa some kind of beach resort and not a typical residential world?

I don’t want to read into it too much, and I don’t think this would mean we’re getting hotels that we can run like everyone has been asking for, but it definitely sets off some alarm bells that make me wonder about the world we’re getting. It definitely makes me wonder if it will include some different features from a typical residential world!?