Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wedding Pack Coming?

Comments

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    I so want this pack so much. :pB):p<3
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Tartosa makes me think of Tartarus, the fiery pits of the world. Or tortoises! This could be a Galapagos sort of place.

I imagine weddings held through this pack will feel less like going on a date, and more like going through a term of university, or going through an aspiration. In fact, might the overall structure be managed as an aspiration, with a series of tiers of tasks?

A Tartarus world would be nice!!

But I guess Tartosa is a joke with the French word tarte (the wedding cake ...)
  • SimsStarfishSimsStarfish Posts: 147 Member
    I am hoping they patch slow dancing, an attraction system and online dating into the base game at least. Its been too long.
  • pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    Any nows on the release date? I want this pack!
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited February 2022
    I am hoping they patch slow dancing, an attraction system and online dating into the base game at least. Its been too long.

None of these have ever been base game features in previous iterations.

They might patch in in-law relationships and cuddling in bed if either of them are a thing with the new release.

@pandie00: The leak say's it releases February 17th.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,227 Member
    Tartosa makes me think of Tartarus, the fiery pits of the world. Or tortoises! This could be a Galapagos sort of place.

I imagine weddings held through this pack will feel less like going on a date, and more like going through a term of university, or going through an aspiration. In fact, might the overall structure be managed as an aspiration, with a series of tiers of tasks?

According to Google Translate Tartosa means tart in Spanish.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    sireneiles wrote: »
    I’ll keep my hopes down but i was hoping for a crossover between packs (Get to work + Wedding stories) where you could open your own wedding boutique for your sims to later on shop there, but i’ll doubt it will be functional (you’ll probably not be able to chose the stuff there other than the dress) it looks like the cake and the flowers options are tied to the annoying (but cute) little stalls again which make me sad. I don’t think they understand how cool it would be to open a proper wedding boutique.

The new world better be residential. I don’t want a vacation world, no one does. Give us the option to live there and rent there if necessary, but so far the pictures look dreamy. Give us options EA (!!)

There’s no mention of anything other than the actual wedding (yet?) so i guess no wedding planner career and no attraction system, but i can always dream of it happening

I sincerely hope they let us do weddings the way we want and don’t force us to do premade scenarios or whatever linear stories that no one cares about.

I’m expecting a lot of gameplay and plenty of new animations with this pack. Kisses, crying, pretty poses, bouquet throwing etc… I sincerely hope they don’t try to trick us with reused animations and the whole EA laziness thing (which often consists of good CAS and buy mode but very little on screen new interactions)

The new buffet look great - now i 100% feel ripped off with the chocolate foutain, which was the only redeemable quality of the luxury party stuff pack

We waited half a year for new gameplay content. Even tho i’m not 100 % happy this pack is next in line (because my family just needs more family gameplay and not just one event thing) ; i’m still happy they took an actual part of the game that most people like and decided to work on it. I genuinely hope they delivered on this, we’re all starving.

The chocolate fountain can still be used as this pack doesn't have one.
    83bienchen wrote: »

None of these have ever been base game features in previous iterations.

They might patch in in-law relationships and cuddling in bed if either of them are a thing with the new release.

@pandie00: The leak say's it releases February 17th.

I would hope so. They patched in relaxing in bed last year and sims can't even chat in bed together.
    Tartosa is also the name of Tartus in Syria.

Globally it should be a Mediterranean world.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    « Tarte » means pie, « gâteau » means cake.

• favrielfavriel Posts: 72 Member
    There is one on the screenshots, we just don't know if it's purely deco or not. But I would totally expect it to be functional

9pIOety.jpg
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,956 Member
    man I hope thats not the tea
    I need actual tea set
    that looks like tea set
    to be used like tea set
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member

Stained glass and flower shops make me think of Spain. And with the new carnival kit music and clothes, maybe it's a Mediterranean party island like Ibiza? I would really love a Spanish themed island world. Although wedding tea ceremonies for the family and cute pastries makes me think of Korea or China, so it could maybe be an East Asian island which would be great too.

I'm really excited for an Island destination wedding. I can't wait to see my Sims walk down the aisle together. I'm happy you can designate a Maid of Honor. I wonder if you can choose Bridesmaids too. I'm really hopeful that the image showing a Sim holding a bouquet of flowers means you can throw them. What also sounds fun is being able to visit locations and sample cakes and choose flowers and traditions. I really love the food sampling at the festivals. I'm thinking there will be buffet tables set up to sample lots of pretty cakes and then choose one. I wonder, since you can create a wedding menu, if there will be a special wedding caterer to serve the guests the food.

It all sounds good to me so far for wedding gameplay. Something I haven't done in the game yet so I'm really looking forward to it. My Sims need to have a proper wedding not just elope in the kitchen anymore. The dress and veil of the Bride make the wedding for me, so I'm hoping for lots of clothing and hair accessories and a veil that is long in the back and embroidered or has flowers in it and one that covers the face.

I'm still hoping we will get a new attraction system, dating app or a matchmaker, new romantic interactions and a slow dance. They can't leak everything so there has still got to be lots of surprises like ... surprise, there's cars, here's your wedding Limo and personal car with Just Married license plates! Maybe that's dreaming for too much. The wedding arches and decorations look beautiful so far. :love:
  • xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    Slow dancing together has been on my top three wishes for three years now. I hope this is my year.

Honestly I'd be devastated if they didn't include it in this gamepack :s
    edited February 2022
    They only wrote : "those who have been invited Can Dance With Us"

It looks like a new group dance. Dance skill could be added to the basegame.
    favriel wrote: »
    There is one on the screenshots, we just don't know if it's purely deco or not. But I would totally expect it to be functional

9pIOety.jpg

Oh I missed that. I hope those champagne bottles are functional.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited February 2022
    These fruit tarts look like the one from Get to Work.

I really want to love this pack, so fingers crossed they'll let me.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    According to Google Translate Tartosa means tart in Spanish.

Marvellous. I really fancy a tart.
  • Loves2draw1812Loves2draw1812 Posts: 168 Member
    Big question is - will guests actually remain seated? or wll they be wandering all over the place and doing random stuff (like dine out...walking off with their dinners)

Oh and one little thing for the CAS content....Kilts? no kilts? come on, it's a wedding! So many guys jump at the chance to wear kilts.
    I know the guys on the grooms side at my cousins wedding did (they were English) but hardly if any on my cousins side (the actual scots) did lol
    So come on! Kilts!
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,860 Member
    edited February 2022
    Trailer for My Wedding Stories coming on Tuesday February 8.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/997228/youre-invited-to-a-wedding#latest
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    favriel wrote: »

9pIOety.jpg

That looks like punch to me, not chocolate.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    It looks nice for what it is, but what good is the wedding if attraction and preference doesn't exist in the first place? What about the basic circumstances that lead up to a wedding? The things that are more "everyday" in dating/romantic gameplay? A wedding is a one-time thing (generally), so what about the simulation gameplay for finding the "right" partner to begin with?

I'm still hoping for a large base game patch because this pack just isn't it for me. It's like planning an exotic road trip before you have transportation. Sure, the destination is grand, going to be memorable, but how are you going to get there?

This. Call me weird, but the ceremony is of little importance to me, I think the relationship is far more important and would like to see some depth to my sims interactions with their significant other or others.

I'm surprised I'm not seeing more people point out that they are introducing a whole game pack round an idea that already doesn't work well in game. Guests seated at anyone's wedding recently?
    I supposed it can be assumed that base weddings will be fixed as the pack is released. Just like gardening was fixed when Cottage Living released. It's fixed right, the patch notes say so! So those plants reverting in my brand new save must be my imagination....

A new world is welcome and the CAS/BB looks nice from the leaked images.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    edited February 2022
    You know, I was just thinking, it would be great if we could choose outfits for our wedding parties, maybe using the same system that's used to pick staff outfits for restaurants.

It would also be nice to see anniversaries added to the calendar with the ability to celebrate them as a holiday, with unique traditions depending on the couple, as that would add some lasting value beyond the one event in a sim's life. I doubt we'll get that, though, since it would require making calendars that are unique to each household, which is something we have been requesting ever since Seasons released.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,751 Member
    anyone notice that the circle stained glass window in one screen shot?
    6adMCGP.gif