Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Blooming Rooms Official Announcement (Now Available)

Comments

• Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    Now I want coffee and a tart. 😋

A coffee... a tart... AND a big ol' scoop of ice cream on the side. Afterwards, I might even order myself a second tart in a different flavour... with some whipped cream instead.

Why? Because we like a lot of variety in our life. That's why.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    How about a staircase kit? More clutter isn't my idea of building. Think of the possibilities.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    Once again, CC creators did it better (and first)
    III6cxnMpgs.jpg?size=429x604&quality=96&sign=9c90d0888c039af5b69d8ea43a0a292e&type=albumThe-Sims-4-Plant-Life-Kit-Plants-in-Build-Buy-Menu.png

Once again, people forget console players can't use CC.

Didn't say everyone could download CC just that the creator did a better job but aight
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Ooo, this pack looks really nice. I like the ivy and the hanging plants, and, is that a gardener's bench? Oh, and the 3 tier stand... yep, gotta have it.

I don't use CC, so this will be a good addition for my game.

Hey, I made my lunch today, so I won't be going out. That means this is already paid for, right? ;)
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    🪴Those are some fine vines.🪴

Our future fairy occults would love that now. 😇

Oh definitely! I wonder though, if there's any swatches for those of the darker Fae persuasion? 😈
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    Once again, CC creators did it better (and first)
    III6cxnMpgs.jpg?size=429x604&quality=96&sign=9c90d0888c039af5b69d8ea43a0a292e&type=albumThe-Sims-4-Plant-Life-Kit-Plants-in-Build-Buy-Menu.png

Not buying the kit, but don't think the CC kit looks better either.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    Sara1010P wrote: »

Not buying the kit, but don't think the CC kit looks better either.

Agree.

• Options
    GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    edited November 2021
    I can't use CC so appreciate the concept of kits, however none of them have grabbed my attention enough to purchase them so far.

I was interested in this one, I really was. But after seeing the items included in the kit I really can't justify spending £5 ($6.74) on it. :disappointed:

I really think they need to include more items or cost less money.
    (Or include more and be stuff packs).
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    I can't use CC so appreciate the concept of kits, however none of them have grabbed my attention enough to purchase them so far.

I was interested in this one, I really was. But after seeing the items included in the kit I really can't justify spending £5 ($6.74) on it. :disappointed:

I really think they need to include more items or cost less money.
    (Or include more and be stuff packs).

I agree. I can't remember how many build items come in stuff packs but the amount in kits should be more than double the items in stuff packs. Considering, stuff packs also come with new gameplay and animations and etc. in addition to build AND cas items.

I will probably buy this kit tho but probably not right away.

Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    HeyYoDiscoNickHeyYoDiscoNick Posts: 463 Member

Anyone else notice that shelf to the right of that Sim? It looks to be constructed out of base game items. They don't usually do that in promos, do they? Using MOO and such, I mean. And I don't remember seeing it listed as a new item.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I really think it could be a hint towards the "add dimension" update they teased. Maybe "dimension" has more to do with height, weight, shape, etc....
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Looking forward to this one. I'm already picturing what homes some of these will fit in. I like the variety and having things that will suit my sims personalities.
    I really like that kitty(?) plant. Something for my teens and more whimsical sims.
    I'm not a cc user so I personally don't care what is out there and made unofficially.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    So the orange tree in the Season of Selves banner was hinting to this plant KIT. But where does the duck fit in? What did I miss? It needs to be included with the 4th KIT, no? Is that the dimension one? Ducks can fly... Remember the previously hinted French chef pig? Some says Pigs can fly, too... ;)

I think the items look very good. It's a theme that can be used for so m any different lots, so I assume if I grab this one those plants will fly, too ;)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited November 2021
    Can't wait to spend my money on this kit. It's absurd just how much I'm looking forward to spending my money on something I get a lot of enjoyment out of.

Like I said. Absurd!
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options

Anyone else notice that shelf to the right of that Sim? It looks to be constructed out of base game items. They don't usually do that in promos, do they? Using MOO and such, I mean. And I don't remember seeing it listed as a new item.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I really think it could be a hint towards the "add dimension" update they teased. Maybe "dimension" has more to do with height, weight, shape, etc....

It says sim's lives so I think the update will most likely be related to live mode gameplay.
  • Options
    HeyYoDiscoNickHeyYoDiscoNick Posts: 463 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »

It says sim's lives so I think the update will most likely be related to live mode gameplay.

I would like to be wrong! I'd really enjoy something that fleshed out our Sims a bit more. But for some reason, since the beginning of this "season," I've had a sneaking suspicion that the key word in that hint was dimension, and that it would be another build/buy update.

Your logic is sound, but I'm being a full conspiracy theorist on this one!
  • Options
    kaiwrysims wrote: »

I would like to be wrong! I'd really enjoy something that fleshed out our Sims a bit more. But for some reason, since the beginning of this "season," I've had a sneaking suspicion that the key word in that hint was dimension, and that it would be another build/buy update.

Your logic is sound, but I'm being a full conspiracy theorist on this one!

Ya I have been trying to "decode" (I guess) the add dimension to your sim's lives bit. To me it sounds like a broad update ... maybe a pretty big one but I won't speculate too much and just wait and see.
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    I look at these kits and i think they are a waste of time. There is nothing interesting about them.
    I'd much prefer the resource EA are using for these kits gets put into fixing bugs in this game, and more so because these patch notes recently have gotten a bit thin on actual fixes. I'm not at all interested in the shiny they are trying to wave around, i'm more interested in actual meaningful changes and improvements.

that being besides the point, the majority of the plants in the game across many of the packs don't come with environmental scores of their own. This has forced me to pick the same types of plants for their scores when i put them on lots. i'd like more diversity but only when there is actual improvements.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    edited November 2021
    @Hoverael that changed with the most recent patch.

Do you like Plants?

I like plants, and we like plants. Are you a proud Plant Parent? So are we! Well... some of us are anyway <looks at her dead plants a bit embarrassed.> In this update we’ve made some adjustments on the backend for decorative plants across the Base Game and Packs adding an environment score and a more appropriate price in Build Mode to match their fictional rareness or worth. This change goes hand in hand with a small change to the text related to Environment Gain/Loss in Build Mode assets that display it to be more appropriate with the true intent of that score. Instead of Minor Environment Gain/Loss, it is now called Lot Environment Gain/Loss.

We are hoping this change makes a difference for all of you!

November 2 patch notes.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/994995/update-11-02-2021-we-have-fun-we-have-joy#latest
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited November 2021
    @Hoverael that changed with the most recent patch.

Do you like Plants?

I like plants, and we like plants. Are you a proud Plant Parent? So are we! Well... some of us are anyway <looks at her dead plants a bit embarrassed.> In this update we’ve made some adjustments on the backend for decorative plants across the Base Game and Packs adding an environment score and a more appropriate price in Build Mode to match their fictional rareness or worth. This change goes hand in hand with a small change to the text related to Environment Gain/Loss in Build Mode assets that display it to be more appropriate with the true intent of that score. Instead of Minor Environment Gain/Loss, it is now called Lot Environment Gain/Loss.

We are hoping this change makes a difference for all of you!

November 2 patch notes.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/994995/update-11-02-2021-we-have-fun-we-have-joy#latest

Must of read two different patch notes. thanks for providing that. the notes i read came from the EA site itself and not these forums.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,926 Member
    Can't wait to spend my money on this kit. It's absurd just how much I'm looking forward to spending my money on something I get a lot of enjoyment out of.

Like I said. Absurd!

Me too! Totally absurd and unbelievable.. who could of known??

Totally absurd!
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    I might actually use these items, I can’t say that for all the kits I bought… I know the items are there but I legit never use them, I think I will but I don’t. I actually use the throwback fit kit more. It has a black and white Clueless inspired gym outfit perfect for Cassandra Goth.

Granted I’m not buying anything until I get a new computer.