Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Blooming Rooms Official Announcement (Now Available)

simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member

Comments

• Options
    From today's patch notes. Seems appropriate for the release of Blooming Rooms.

Do you like Plants?

I like plants, and we like plants. Are you a proud Plant Parent? So are we! Well... some of us are anyway <looks at her dead plants a bit embarrassed.> In this update we’ve made some adjustments on the backend for decorative plants across the Base Game and Packs adding an environment score and a more appropriate price in Build Mode to match their fictional rareness or worth. This change goes hand in hand with a small change to the text related to Environment Gain/Loss in Build Mode assets that display it to be more appropriate with the true intent of that score. Instead of Minor Environment Gain/Loss, it is now called Lot Environment Gain/Loss.
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    Ooh, okay, I have to admit that that is beautiful! :love: I'd want to have a hanging plant like that go around my window, but I can't do it in this apartment.
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member

Do you like Plants?

I like plants, and we like plants. Are you a proud Plant Parent? So are we! Well... some of us are anyway <looks at her dead plants a bit embarrassed.> In this update we’ve made some adjustments on the backend for decorative plants across the Base Game and Packs adding an environment score and a more appropriate price in Build Mode to match their fictional rareness or worth. This change goes hand in hand with a small change to the text related to Environment Gain/Loss in Build Mode assets that display it to be more appropriate with the true intent of that score. Instead of Minor Environment Gain/Loss, it is now called Lot Environment Gain/Loss.

Yes I remember someone on here asking for environment score on plants so I'm glad they got what they wished for.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    The green hanging vine looks very pretty.
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »

Do you like Plants?

Yes I remember someone on here asking for environment score on plants so I'm glad they got what they wished for.

I'm glad they're adding appropriate environment scores, but I was actually hoping for Eco green points like many of the decorative outdoor plants (trees, shrubs, flowers) have. The patch notes don't specify those, so it remains to be seen whether or not they fall under the general blanket of "environment scores."
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    New objects:

unknown-2.png

I'm disappointed. There is a lot of weird items instead of simple plants.
  • Options

Interesting that this kit was available that a guru could build with it for months.
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Ooh, I love the empty tiered plant stand. I dig most of the items.
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,345 Member
    This is the first kit that is actually tempting to me. :love: I would definitely get a lot of use out of it.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I think this Blooming Room Kit will complement my Courtyard Oasis homes. It seems to go very, very well together. Plus, I always love pretty stuff.
  • Options
    ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    I've decided to grab this pack. I'm currently having fun with DHD so I think I'll make good use of it.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    This is me squealing with delight! And then groaning a bit, knowing I am bound to be taking on a new build.

I love plants as decorative elements, and in TS3 did a lot with greenhouse/conservatory spaces that I have yet to attempt in TS4. But this is sure to be a temptation too strong to pass up. I didn't know I wanted this, but I totally do.
  • Options
    JunkyPoemJunkyPoem Posts: 135 Member
    edited November 2021
    Very, Very Pretty

& again I lean towards purchasing my 1st Kit.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    I like this one. I love to put a lot of greenery around my lots so I could use a greater variety of plants. :)
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    🪴Those are some fine vines.🪴

Our future fairy occults would love that now. 😇
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Once again, CC creators did it better (and first)
    III6cxnMpgs.jpg?size=429x604&quality=96&sign=9c90d0888c039af5b69d8ea43a0a292e&type=albumThe-Sims-4-Plant-Life-Kit-Plants-in-Build-Buy-Menu.png

• Options
    Yeah I always see the cc creators did it better when a pack comes out that a cc creator did a similar theme on. But usually I don't think so. A lot of times I prefer the Maxis items. I'm not saying that the plant's don't look nice but usually I prefer the maxis version.

This is like the trillyke skirt thing with Incheon arrivals. A cc creator made a skirt in the same style as the skirt in incheon arrivals. And I even see people go as far as to say that Maxis stole their cc 🙃. Which is a reach considering that both maxis and cc creators take inspo from real life. And Maxis worked with a Korean fashion designer that took inspo from popular Korean fashion. So it's very possible that skirt was something a popular kpop artist wore. I see a lot of cc creators take inspo from kpop. Anyways, I also saw ppl saying that trillyke did it better which is not something I think because I like the texture Maxis did a lot better.

But that's just because I like things super maxis match. The more maxis, the better. There's this plant in game that was made by a cc creator that was added when they did that collab with creators for an anniversary. Anyways, that plant bothers me a little because it doesn't look maxis match enough. But that's just me.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    Once again, CC creators did it better (and first)
    III6cxnMpgs.jpg?size=429x604&quality=96&sign=9c90d0888c039af5b69d8ea43a0a292e&type=albumThe-Sims-4-Plant-Life-Kit-Plants-in-Build-Buy-Menu.png

Once again, people forget console players can't use CC.
  • Options
    Now I want coffee and a tart. 😋
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    It looks nice although we already have a lot of plants. I wouldn't mind a clutter kit or an office kit.
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    I’m kind of surprised to see so many positive comments, but I guess that’s a good thing. I’m not paying $5 for plants, lol.