Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Blooming Rooms Official Announcement (Now Available)

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Once the sims comes out with objects or implement something I wanted into the game I'm always happy to eject another mod and/or cc from my game.
    I will use this pack to add to my jungle. Not an immediate buy for me as I'm still playing with cave dwelling vampires but I will get this at some point👍 though I wish we had less planted and would love to see more vines. I usually hide the flower pots.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,873 Member
    Wanna jump right in with a ready to go florist shop showcasing all the new blooms?

• Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I'll be getting it this weekend. A few weeks ago I was wishing for more houseplants in the game, and here they are!
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Those green display shelves are very nice and will come in very handy in a lot of shops in my game.
  • Options
    PurpleHeatherPurpleHeather Posts: 83 Member
    Thank you for all the links. It's always fun to see more about new packs and to get new ideas 🙂. I'm not really active on social media and wouldn't see them otherwise.

Back to the kit: I really like the plants, lamps and tables. It's nice that the color swatches also change the color of the leaves, not just the colour of the plant pot.
  • Options
    PickledtiaraPickledtiara Posts: 169 Member
    edited November 2021
    Onverser wrote: »
    Once again, CC creators did it better (and first)
    III6cxnMpgs.jpg?size=429x604&quality=96&sign=9c90d0888c039af5b69d8ea43a0a292e&type=albumThe-Sims-4-Plant-Life-Kit-Plants-in-Build-Buy-Menu.png

I wouldn't say better the CC kit is just household plants, they are well done but only offer a little more variety. In my opinion, Blooming Rooms is more inspirational and easily generates ideas for new builds. The hanging lights and planters that act as room dividers would be great for a cute coffee cafe or restaurant, the vine curtain might make a pretty backdrop for a wedding with a more botanical theme and of course a flower shop. I also see items that would be perfect for cottage core, boho, and mid-century homes. I personally would not compare the two collections, the only thing the sets share is maybe a concept, execution of the theme is quite different.

Gallery ID Pickledtiara
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Does anybody think this pack is kind of weird and underwhelming? I was expecting more versatile basic plant decor, but instead a lot of it is highly stylized/exaggerated. Also some of the new items don't even match with one another? Why is there a garden/rustic like display mixed in with a bunch of minimalist objects? This pack seems kind of random and over the top. Not what I was expecting.
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    filipomel wrote: »
    Does anybody think this pack is kind of weird and underwhelming? I was expecting more versatile basic plant decor, but instead a lot of it is highly stylized/exaggerated. Also some of the new items don't even match with one another? Why is there a garden/rustic like display mixed in with a bunch of minimalist objects? This pack seems kind of random and over the top. Not what I was expecting.

I think this kit is more like a type of build item and various styles of that item. Which is different from most kits or packs which usually have build items in a certain style and variety objects in that style. So a lot of objects in the kit don't match because they are not really meant to be used all together if that makes any sense.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    filipomel wrote: »

I agree, although I do think such niche and eclectic styled items fit rather well in a kit, so it seems appropriate. But I personally haven't yet decided on whether or not I'll be getting this one. I love plants and use them extensively in my game, but I'm not crazy about such stylized pots and arrangements. They'd fit well in builds that are meant to have a certain playful (?) vibe, but I don't tend to have stuff like that, and I don't feel inspired to start. But some of the items I do like very much. So a dilemma commences...
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    After I got the Blooming Rooms Kit, I made a house with the new plants along with my Cottage Living stuff. It so worked perfectly together. I then got hold of one of my old sims from my library & made her a Plant Fairy. (Actually, she's a Spellcaster)
    So, her home & her are saved in the Gallery under my username SEREFRAS if anyone's interested.
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I wish people wouldn't say mods are better. Not all simmers are modders. Some of us are vanilla players. Enough with the mod propaganda.

I use mods and CC, but I recognize that there’s a difference in expectation between what EA is expected to do vs what’s available in user created content. I like a lot of CC, but if I had to pay for some of it, I’d be annoyed. A lot of it doesn’t look right or work right in game, clips, or only works with the body frame it was designed for. Some of it doesn’t come close to matching the game aesthetics. EA has to follow a different standard than that. And user created mods that add “all the gameplay EA should be doing but aren’t” are just piggy backing on what’s in game already and run up against constraints because they are limited by that. If EA turned out a werewolf pack that just redressed gameplay from Vampires, we’d be having fits, and rightfully so. But modders who do the same are saving the game.

Don’t get me wrong. The CC and modding community are very much appreciated by me. Especially when they give me customization options I wouldn’t have otherwise. But, given the choice, I always prefer to get the real thing. It usually works better and looks better in game . To me, saying modders/cc providers are better than EA is a big stretch. They aren’t the ones writing the game. They are only adapting it.
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I'm digging some of those plants and shelving in the pack. Kind of tempting me to get it and start building again.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    cyncie wrote: »
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I wish people wouldn't say mods are better. Not all simmers are modders. Some of us are vanilla players. Enough with the mod propaganda.

I use mods and CC, but I recognize that there’s a difference in expectation between what EA is expected to do vs what’s available in user created content. I like a lot of CC, but if I had to pay for some of it, I’d be annoyed. A lot of it doesn’t look right or work right in game, clips, or only works with the body frame it was designed for. Some of it doesn’t come close to matching the game aesthetics. EA has to follow a different standard than that. And user created mods that add “all the gameplay EA should be doing but aren’t” are just piggy backing on what’s in game already and run up against constraints because they are limited by that. If EA turned out a werewolf pack that just redressed gameplay from Vampires, we’d be having fits, and rightfully so. But modders who do the same are saving the game.

Don’t get me wrong. The CC and modding community are very much appreciated by me. Especially when they give me customization options I wouldn’t have otherwise. But, given the choice, I always prefer to get the real thing. It usually works better and looks better in game . To me, saying modders/cc providers are better than EA is a big stretch. They aren’t the ones writing the game. They are only adapting it.

Same I think this is an unpopular opinion but when I see modders do new gameplay stuff I don't really use it because as you said it piggy backs off of stuff already in the game and I usually find that it's never done to how I would like it. So I always just wait till the sims team does it. I prefer mods that just tweak stuff in game not ones that attempt to add new systems. So like when someone makes a mod and ppl say modders are saving the game.... I just silently disagree because it doesn't satisfy me if I want certain stuff in the game and I still wait for Maxis to add it to the game.

Again no disrespect to modders because I have so much mods and cc my folder is over 15gb. And it's really amazing what a lot of modders do especially since they don't work for Maxis. It's also nice seeing ppl get excited abt mods that add stuff they have wanted.

Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited November 2021
    Sometimes i feel like modders do save the game. It doesn't matter if the "ingredients" were already there. What matters is that they allow me to play in a flavour i like more or to customize my game into whatever i personally prefer. For example mccc...
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,873 Member
    texxx78 wrote: »
    Sometimes i feel like modders do save the game. It doesn't matter if the "ingredients" were already there. What matters is that they allow me to play in a flavour i like more or to customize my game into whatever i personally prefer. For example mccc...

@texxx78 you're completely right. Modders do save the game for some players. And have been doing so for every iteration. Although for some, like you, mods aren't enough to compensate for perceived game shortcomings and they move on. At the end of the day all that matters is that you're able to enjoy the game. With or without mods.

• Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    @simgirl1010 exactly! My issues with 4 go beyond what modders can do. But anyway, i don't play 3 without mods. I can't! For me nraas mods have saved my game and for many mccc (or other mods) have saved them... i mean, people do mean what they say, and for them it doesn't matter which "ingredients" the modders have used...
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    The little lemon tree is so pretty and I also like very much the little plants potted in coffee tins. So cute! 🙂
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I will get this kit next time I go online, when there is a GP or Expansion that I would like to have. It is nice to have something to look forward to.