Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you want Sims to be Multiplayer?

Comments

• Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Not really
    I mean, having something like the multiplayer mod - which is basically a closed server of up to 8 people who know each other (or at least a common person within the group of 8) - wouldn't be something I'd object to if it was an option in a future sims title, but it's not something I'd ever use.

And wide-open Second Life style Sims gaming is right out, for the reasons in Jyotai's post above. And that's without getting into that I have zero interest in MMO's anyway.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Absolutely Not
    I have absolutely no desire to play Second Life's little sister, which is what TS5 will be if it is solely multiplayer. It will become nothing more than a virtual dating site with people trying to "hook" up with your sim.

And how would families work or households with more than one sim? Is the game still going to be a point and click type game so you could select the sims you want to control and still direct your sim to do things? (I never played any of the previous online sims games so I don't know how that worked in the past). Or would movement controls be done with the keyboard using the arrow keys or WASD keys.

In my mind I'm trying to envision how playing a family would work. I know that in Second Life you can only be logged on with one avatar, if you want to control more than one avatar for whatever reason then you would need to open up a new game and run them simultaneously.

But I definitely think that the next iteration will for sure have some type of multiplayer capability judging by the recent Maxis job postings. There's 2 postings, one for Creative Director (The Sims) and Game Design Director (The Sims). Neither of these listings specify they are for TS4 like other postings do. Both of them have similar experience requirements:
    Experience creating social experiences that bring players and player creations together in new ways

https://ea.gr8people.com/jobs/166531/creative-director-the-sims?locale=en

https://ea.gr8people.com/jobs/166533/game-design-director-the-sims?locale=en

• Options
    ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    Absolutely Not
    Absolutely not.

Community gallery for sharing lots and sims? Great! Multiplayer as a completely optional thing, maybe like private Minecraft servers? Also great!

Making the whole world driven by real people and forcing it? Massive, instant-hard-no buzzkill for me. I don't need "Sims 76" any more than I had any interest in Fallout 76 despite being a huge fan of that series.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • Options
    RySBIRySBI Posts: 329 Member
    Not really
    It’s nice to have control of your stories, but I guess it could be fun to visit other people’s worlds/builds. Although I’d find it annoying if all of my Sims kept having affairs with randoms.

Maybe if they implemented some kind of restrictions so you can lock out certain interactions…

Then there’s the issue of others not having the same DLC or having mods etc so things/Sims showing up all funky and with CAS items missing.
  • Options
    PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    I'm on the fence
    Well being at 101 votes, we've reached a census. 78% say Absolutely Not. So I'd say that says it all. Lol

Thanks for the participation and of course, others who wish to vote can do so!
  • Options
    Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    edited June 2021
    Not really
    Not really. I play the sims to play my way. Almost no rules, endless scenarios, and I can go for as long as I want. If we allow multiplayer, the joy for me would go down. It would no longer my own world, but everyone's.
    I'm a pretty chill "god", but thou shalt not have other gods besides me.
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Not really
    Thanks for the poll, I guess the general consensus is a resounding NO!! :D

I just remember in Sims 3, the ep Showtime where you sent your sims to perform at another's venue. The idea was a great concept, not so great execution. :# My sister and I tried it and it worked, once.

I would suspect that the mmo that would be the Sims 5 would be just as big of a disaster as Showtime.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Not really
    So, MMO/Social Sim would be an absolute no for me. There are so many things I could think of that disturb what I consider core elements of the mainline games. However, I respect the ability for experimentation with spin offs of the series, and indeed I did enjoy some console port spin off multiplayer when it was more a Sims RPG style game.

The more I think about a mainline multiplayer I could design, the less I like the idea. Adding another person to say my Sims 4 session would half my control, require me to explain/justify my ideas, limit mods (games tend not to like it if MP players do not match), limit DLC (again, match), limit official cheats (because you would actually be cheating others now), and cause fundamental problems with BB because it freezes the game time/potentially glitches out with the other player getting in the way. I do not think I would even enjoy having a separate online mode to take one Sim of my choosing to play.

The only thing I would ne interested in having expanded is making it easier to share things with friends and maybe message notifications.
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Absolutely Not
    I dont want to play with anyone. I dont want to chat with anyone. I dont want anyone getting in the way of what I want my sims doing. If the Sims 5 is multiplayer, it needs to be OPTIONAL and you dont miss out on anything by choosing singleplayer. If instead Im forced to interact with people I dont want to interact with, Im not buying.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Absolutely Not
    Love y’all but I don’t wanna play with y’all like that :D
  • Options
    Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    I'm on the fence
    When I think of the Sims being multiplayer I get visions of a more tame version of GTA V. Like, way, way more tame. I think it would be cool to start off with but as time wore on the novelty would most likely wear off you know.

I'm kinda "eh" about it.
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Not really
    I would like a more robust gallery, with user created worlds and styled looks and things that we don't have. But I wouldn't actually play live except on a very limited friends only basis.
  • Options
    TheSpotted_CTheSpotted_C Posts: 293 Member
    Absolutely Not
    I'm not paranoid about Sims 5 being strictly multiplayer, but given the way that people online behave these days (Twitter insanity, Insta, online fandom in general), no thanks.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Absolutely Not
    Hopefully polls like this will tell EA that we don't need or want a multi-player version of The Sims. No Sims game - Sim World, Sim Safari, Sim Tower - was multi-player before. And yet I get the nagging feeling that EA will think that they can make more money by making one that is multi-player now.

Nobody wants a multi-player Sims game. Yet EA will try to make it to force microtransactions out of us.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Could be fun
    Could be fun if done correctly. I'm not into playing "doll house" with other People tho.

More Sandbox, or a game of Chess.

Although The entire game would have to change. almost to the point where it's not The Sims anymore.

To Me it would have to be like Minecraft. where we can build and Shape the world to our liking together off the resources around us.
    or just have a Creative Mode.

To me it would be MineCraft and Elder Scrolls Online but with the sims.

The only problem is Creating More sims, to rotate, Script, and interact with as we build and populate our world.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,928 Member
    Absolutely Not
    No.
    Body is 3 characters too short.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Absolutely Not
    I'm glad to see so many votes for "Absolutely Not"!

I don't play Sims to be with people, I play it to have control over my world. I play it when the internet is out. I love uploading builds to the gallery, I love posting in the forum, and a whole second-life thing might be fun, but I would be miserable if that replaced the single-player Sims experience. Give me a good sandbox full of fun surprises, please!

TL;DR: If you want multiplayer, downloand Sims Freeplay, it is actually free to play. I'll keep my single-player, thank you. :smile:
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I'm on the fence
    I can see potential. My sister also Sims, and rides shotgun on my play frequently. She has expressed interest in having my Sims in her world, and it would be interesting if out Sims inhabited each other's worlds in real-time, with me directing mine and her directing hers.

On the other hand, I don't want to sacrifice any of my sandbox freedoms, or curtail other options, to support that. It would very much depend on how it was implemented in order to keep standard solo-play robust.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited June 2021
    Absolutely Not
    I've been playing sims since sims 1

and for me big part of games charm was always that I can play it alone and i can do whatever i want whenever i want

and there is no real humans to concern myself with no one even needs to know

and no one tries to control anything i do in the game.

I can create my own settings and no one is there to ruin it

so I would really hate if they made it multiplayer. just like the other thousand games i never played for that reason because i hate having to socialize in a freaking game.

+ also theyd probably toddlerify the gameplay even more just so people cant do anything mean to each other and cause drama which is nope i want my drama full power.
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Absolutely Not
    With the consistent fighting within the Sims community, I don't think it would be a good idea for overall mental health of everyone to have a MMO.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Zimz4Zimz4 Posts: 354 Member
    Not really
    Single player first with absolutely no dependency on multiplayer for unlocks/exclusives/achievements/availability of assets etc and no restrictions on game play due to online features. If that can be guaranteed (which I highly doubt as I trust EA about as far as I can throw them), then I may want to port my sim from MY world into an online world and have him engage in simtivities in the online environment. However this means other players can't be squeamish about me mischieving them into oblivion and flirting every random male sim that looks decently cute into woohoo-ing until they wish they were abducted by NPC aliens. On the other hand, if a herd of rabid female sims would come after me to satisfy their 100 baby challenge fetishes I'm outta there :D.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Absolutely Not
    If I wanted multiplayer, I'd be playing Second Life. While, if done well, multiplayer wouldn't take away from single player, I do not trust EA to do it well. EA likes multiplayer to be competitive to manipulate people into buying more DLC/microtransactions. Yes, I can name games that are both single and multiplayer and do both well and aren't microtransaction fests. Those games have two things in common: they're not put out by Rockstar and they're not put out by EA.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Absolutely Not
    Never ever! I don't even play muliplayer in my Civilization VI, I always play singleplayer.
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    edited June 2021
    Absolutely Not
    Nooo!
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited June 2021
    Absolutely Not
    Zimz4 wrote: »
    However this means other players can't be squeamish about me mischieving them into oblivion and flirting every random male sim that looks decently cute into woohoo-ing until they wish they were abducted by NPC aliens. On the other hand, if a herd of rabid female sims would come after me to satisfy their 100 baby challenge fetishes I'm outta there :D.

How about herd of Vlads that are very passionate about the beauty and loveliness of your neck? ;)

⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free