Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you want Sims to be Multiplayer?

Comments

• Options
    lifeofdaydreamslifeofdaydreams Posts: 44 Member
    Absolutely Not
    I have zero desire whatsoever of playing The Sims in multiplayer mode. Hard pass...
  • Options
    BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    Absolutely Not
    I do think I would die a little inside if a game that is such an escape for me suddenly was full of other people. I am autistic and struggle a lot with even basic interaction, online or real. I, and probably others, play this game to get away from that.
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Absolutely Not
    I saw CallMeKevin's Sims Online video and was disappointed at how pathetic and petty the other users were. I'm only ever playing this game in my own world, on my own.
  • Options
    NewEmersedCrownNewEmersedCrown Posts: 37 Member
    Absolutely Not
    After 20+ years of playing the game, a multiplayer online only game would be the absolute end for me. No question about it.

My experience of multiplayer games like RDO, Fallout 76 etc is that people fall into two categories: 1. they don't bother you at all, so the multiplayer element wasn't necessary 2. They want to make your life miserable until you quit out of the server.

As @lifeofdaydreams said - hard pass.
  • Options
    waterywatermelonwaterywatermelon Posts: 473 Member
    Absolutely Not
    Death is a part of the natural life cycle. You live, you die.

If The Sims 5 had been completely multiplayer and online, then I would not enjoy it at all.

Killing the Sims would mean killing the controlled characters of other players, and other players would be furious at you for it. EA will probably make it impossible for Sim Death to occur.
  • Options
    Zimz4Zimz4 Posts: 354 Member
    Not really
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Zimz4 wrote: »
    However this means other players can't be squeamish about me mischieving them into oblivion and flirting every random male sim that looks decently cute into woohoo-ing until they wish they were abducted by NPC aliens. On the other hand, if a herd of rabid female sims would come after me to satisfy their 100 baby challenge fetishes I'm outta there :D.

How about herd of Vlads that are very passionate about the beauty and loveliness of your neck? ;)

I'd still run (or fight if there's nowhere to run), but not outta the online environment, that herd's just gonna have to catch me first. However my "beautiful and lovely neck" is totally fair game for whichever vamp manages to get me (I understand those poor creatures of the night need to eat too :)).
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Absolutely Not
    L00NYL0V3 wrote: »
    @keekee53 Within an hour of creating this account, I put three people on my "Ignore" list. If I wanted to interact with aggressive, accusatory people, I'd go on Twitter for five minutes.

That, and based on gallery comments I see every time I log in, there's a small but incredibly vocal group of people who are WAAAAAY too immature to be playing the Sims.

LOL :)
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Absolutely Not
    APotts wrote: »
    I am already leaning towards giving up the Sims after 4 is over, and it will take alot of positive changes for me to even consider sticking around for Sims 5. Multiplayer would be the final nail in the coffin for me.

Same here
  • Options
    L00NYL0V3L00NYL0V3 Posts: 66 Member
    edited June 2021
    Absolutely Not
    @keekee53 It's not really funny, tbh...Stuff like that is the reason my signature is what it is.
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited June 2021
    Absolutely Not
    Multiplayer in TS5? Is this a follow on from that bad joke thread a few weeks ago by another user? i hope it is the continuation of the bad joke. Please though, stop dragging it out as the joke is getting a bit thin now.

Edit: For Reference:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/989700/the-sims-the-next-step-in-the-storied-franchise-for-release-2022/p1
  • Options
    skybird14skybird14 Posts: 90 Member
    Absolutely Not
    I am not at all interested in multiplayer and if it were a compulsory part of the game then I'm just not interested. I could perhaps tolerate it if you could invite another simer to visit occasionally who you'd added as a friend with a code or something but on a whole, I play the sims when I want to escape the real world for a bit.
  • Options
    PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    I'm on the fence
    Hoverael wrote: »
    Multiplayer in TS5? Is this a follow on from that bad joke thread a few weeks ago by another user? i hope it is the continuation of the bad joke. Please though, stop dragging it out as the joke is getting a bit thin now.

Edit: For Reference:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/989700/the-sims-the-next-step-in-the-storied-franchise-for-release-2022/p1

Okay, did not know that thread existed. I was thinking about it because there this idea keeps being brought up in different gaming parties I go to and for the aforementioned reasons in my OP. So yeah, not a joke. I was just curious where people stand.

Personally, I can see it from both sides. Yes, people would have to use good judgement on who they let into their worlds but the online world can be a very dark place. However, I'd love to be able to chill with my friends and just have them over for a visit from time to time.

There are compelling arguments to be made on both sides. So no, this is not a joke. This is a legit question.
  • Options
    SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    I'm on the fence
    If they give us the OPTION to play solo, as well as play online, then sure! I would welcome an online option. Otherwise, nope!
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • Options
    TiffanyLea007TiffanyLea007 Posts: 1,068 Member
    Absolutely
    Only if its like Minecraft. You could have a few friends on your server. Or you could also choose to play single player. Not sure how it would work if that person stopped playing or was offline. Maybe that Sims could just be a normal sim you could control in game. But I would love it if I could build with a friend together and then they could control some Sims and I could control some sims. Now that would be cool. It would really add to the game play. But only if you could pick who you played with. Maybe there could be different servers like Minecraft/Ark. But you could also host your own server or play single player. That's what I want it to be.
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    Absolutely Not
    No.

But, an online component could be added as a part of a separate, standalone pack for those who desire it.

Another game I play, Stormworks had kinda lukewarm reception towards adding weapons and military components to the game. So, they decided to do it as a separate DLC.
  • Options
    I'm on the fence
    Only if its like Minecraft. You could have a few friends on your server. Or you could also choose to play single player. Not sure how it would work if that person stopped playing or was offline. Maybe that Sims could just be a normal sim you could control in game. But I would love it if I could build with a friend together and then they could control some Sims and I could control some sims. Now that would be cool. It would really add to the game play. But only if you could pick who you played with. Maybe there could be different servers like Minecraft/Ark. But you could also host your own server or play single player. That's what I want it to be.

Yeah, a MC type conditional multiplayer would be the way I'd have to go; just a server for my friends and me to play on... hmm with possible mining? lol
  • Options
    FraTacFraTac Posts: 854 Member
    edited June 2021
    Absolutely Not
    No! I don't want The Sims to become a multiplayer game. Multiplayer brings toxicity and The Sims being a solo game is one of the reasons that I love this franchise since 2000. If TS5 will be online, I will stick to TS4 forever.
    xWGF2yb.png
    Simmin' since 2000
  • Options
    MarkwilsonMarkwilson Posts: 7 New Member
    Absolutely Not
    Absolutely not online multiplayer. I use mods. Online play would curtail a lot of mod use. I will not buy an online Sims game.
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Absolutely Not
    Nope. I don't want other people in my sims game.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Not really
    I’m not really interested in it. Not sure how they will do it. Will it be just friends or open to anyone? It might be fun to play with my daughter, visit her worlds and see what they look like, go to a cafe or nightclub together or something. But, other than that I’m not interested. I do a lot of pausing on my game, and with other players it probably wouldn’t be allowed.
  • Options
    I'm on the fence
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I’m not really interested in it. Not sure how they will do it. Will it be just friends or open to anyone? It might be fun to play with my daughter, visit her worlds and see what they look like, go to a cafe or nightclub together or something. But, other than that I’m not interested. I do a lot of pausing on my game, and with other players it probably wouldn’t be allowed.

I don't even know if they're going to go multiplayer in Sims 5 so can't answer that. I was just curious how the community felt about multiplayer sims in general.
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    Not really
    I like the idea of multiplayer as an option, but not at the expense of a single-player sims experience. I can't trust that the multiplayer wouldn't become the focus, which I don't want. Especially when the attitude with Sims 4 has been 'you have to give something up to get something.'
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Separate multiplayer game like Sims Online, yes, main game multiplayer, no.
  • Options
    jjayfrogsjjayfrogs Posts: 4 New Member
    I'm on the fence
    I’m in the middle on this, sometimes i find myself wanting to play sims with someone so it could be good having multiplayer for that but when you think about it, how will it even work for a game like the sims?
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Absolutely Not
    Seeing that the multiplayer (planned) was what ruined so much of this game (for those who don't know, this game was suppsedly planned as a mandatory online game, then Sim City crashed and burned in 2013 because of a lot of things but the mandatory online part was a huge factor... and then the dev team had to scramble and make a playable single player experience using a new game engine when a lot of the game was alreday done.

Also, I don't do multiplayer. Not even Fall Guy or Fortnite or whatever. I loathe multiplayer.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek