Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you want Sims to be Multiplayer?

123457...Next

Comments

• Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Not really
    It's not something I want for myself, but I think the option should be there for those who do want it, as long is it doesn't take anything away from the single players.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    Absolutely Not
    I prefer singleplayer this type of game. To me, multi-player takes resources away from making a great singleplayer experience in all games.

Exactly. And again, almost every single issue players have complained about in Sims 4 is BECAUSE it was from the beginning envisioned as a multiplayer game.

No open map? Check (to have instances and not overload the map). No story progression? Check (players would make their own stories with each other), Shallow traits that don't affect much (see story progression) and so on. Sims 4 would just have been a PG version of Second life.

This. A multiplayer Sims game would be a PG version of Second Life. The thing is that the only reason why SL can keep itself afloat is because of the adult content (virtual sex, prostitution, selling realistic looking genitalia for avatars etc). They got rid Teen Second Life years ago because it just wasn‘t profitable as they were barred from the content mentioned above.
  • Options
    LynnPlayz1LynnPlayz1 Posts: 548 Member
    Not really
    As someone who doesn't always have internet access, I'd prefer to keep it in single player. Maybe, if there was an option to play multiplayer in addition to single player, but in any case I need to be able to play offline.
  • Options
    notasmokealarm09notasmokealarm09 Posts: 240 Member
    Absolutely Not
    No. I don't mind multiplayer games, but I would NOT play a Sims multiplayer. I like creating MY worlds and MY stories. I'm fine with downloading things, but other than that, no. Let me do my own thing, thanks muchly.
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Absolutely Not
    No..just no from me. Its not like the game lacks any kind of community. It is obvious that many players really enjoy sharing what is going on their game on a wide range of platforms including having a laugh with your mate in the pub when talking about your current Sims game.

Trying to put that in the game itself would kill any desire for me to ever play it again stone dead.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Not really
    Way I see it, there are basically two main types of multiplayer: Co-op and MMO

Co-op is fine, as long as it's thoroughly optional. Sometimes games have co-ops modes, where friends can play together, that kind of thing, but it's not at all required to play the game.

MMO means designing it as an online game from the start and and designing everything around multiplayer interaction. I don't think that fits with the sims. One of the big things people do is tell stories, which you can't really do if pinecone_lulz95 is jumping around and spamming emotes in your face.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    jheyjuneicejheyjuneice Posts: 335 Member
    Absolutely Not
    No and no, I think the game works better single player. I don't mind some multiplayer elements like the gallery and being able to share and comment in game but that's about it. I'd rather all the work goes into a solid single player game than trying to bend or amend things for multiplayer.
    6Y6GB8R.png
  • Options
    Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 436 Member
    Absolutely Not
    I don't even want there to be a multiplayer option, because you know EAxis would pour all its resources for this game into the online side of it and leave a mediocre-at-best experience for us soloists.
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    Absolutely Not
    I feel so strongly about my vote that if I used the language I'd want to use to express my opinion I'd get banned from here. Or every other word would be plum.

I love playing The Sims because it's NOT multiplayer. My experiences with multiplayer games have mostly been terrible, and I hate how EA does force it down my throat. If I want that PS4 platinum trophy for the latest Need For Speed game, I have no choice but to participate in online races.

If TS5 is multiplayer, I'm outta here.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    Absolutely Not
    I don’t/ can’t see it working look at the current business model you have Stuff packs game packs and expansion packs that’s a lot of content not everyone will buy every pack if they go down this Multiplayer route they will need lodes of servers to accommodate those that do and do not have pack x or y or enforce every pack on everyone else so for example you don’t have a choice you are getting Journey to Batu wether you want it or not also it will probably be subscription based something that a lot of the younger players possibly can’t afford also I don’t like multiplayer only games as a rule.
  • Options
    RebeccaThurstonRebeccaThurston Posts: 234 Member
    edited July 2021
    Absolutely Not
    I prefer singleplayer this type of game. To me, multi-player takes resources away from making a great singleplayer experience in all games.

Exactly. And again, almost every single issue players have complained about in Sims 4 is BECAUSE it was from the beginning envisioned as a multiplayer game.

No open map? Check (to have instances and not overload the map). No story progression? Check (players would make their own stories with each other), Shallow traits that don't affect much (see story progression) and so on. Sims 4 would just have been a PG version of Second life.

This. A multiplayer Sims game would be a PG version of Second Life. The thing is that the only reason why SL can keep itself afloat is because of the adult content (virtual sex, prostitution, selling realistic looking genitalia for avatars etc). They got rid Teen Second Life years ago because it just wasn‘t profitable as they were barred from the content mentioned above.

I don't know about that. I'm sure there are some mods out there that will allow for all that and more in this game too. The only thing is that we don't have to see it to know that's what they have created or what others have downloaded as custom content. I am finding too that more and more Second Life is making all the adult content far more mainstream. I can handle a bit of it, but it's just becoming too prevalent that I don't know how much longer I will log in there. I am not looking to hook up and make it a virtual "dating" site. I log in there now only because I work for an inworld magazine and have an obligation to it.
  • Options
    RebeccaThurstonRebeccaThurston Posts: 234 Member
    Absolutely Not
    I still don't think it would be a good idea but in the SIms 3 didn't we have "SimPort" or something like that where we could visit other people's games? I think it came with the Showtime expansion pack. If it was limited to just that then it might be okay - it would be completely optional and wouldn't affect anyone who didn't want to play that aspect of it. I know I never used it at all but I am sure others did. But if it was an objective where you couldn't master a skill or profession without taking part in it then no way.
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    Absolutely Not
    No!

I don't mind stuff like the gallery, but actual multiplayer? Heck no.

This is how I feel too. I simply do not like multiplayer games overall, and I certainly do not want it in a game I like.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    SandyLee149SandyLee149 Posts: 65 Member
    > @lisasc360 said:
    > Simporting just sends the player's sim to another player's game just to perform. The owner of that sim can't see what is going on in the hosting world unless that person takes pictures of the performing sim and shares those pictures with the creator of the sim providing that the sim shows up for their scheduled performance. I have accepted other players sims into my game for their performances only to not be able to see them even though the player still gets their credit for it in their game. But the problem with this was that EA had created extra content such as clothing and props for the game that can only be unlocked when the people who use Simporting reaches different milestones in the game. But luckily enough someone had created a mod that allows some of the TS3 players who don't/didn't want to use simporting as some players play offline to reduce lagging in their game.
    > https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Simport
    >
    > This video here can show you what simporting is.
    > https://youtu.be/T_eE9PzsAcA
    >
    > Absolutely not for me. I'm fine with just downloading other players created Sims into my game when I chose to do so which isn't that often and then taking pictures of them when I see them around town and when my SS interacts with them. Even though I do have The Sims 4 Base Game, I still play TS3 a lot, so therefore I have downloaded some of my simming friends simselves into my game just to see what adventures that they get into in my game.
    >
    > I already play an MMO game which is World of Warcraft, so I pay a monthly subscription for that game as that money goes towards daily server maintenance as well as other things. There are times when the server that I play in can be very full which in turn keeps any players out until other players log out which can be quite annoying. I doesn't happen that much but when it does, it only last for a few minutes before the game logs me in. So now just think about this happening in an MMO version of the sims game and how people would feel if they're not able to get into the game. Heck when Sim City came out in 2013, this is what happened because so many people wanted to play but couldn't. It took EA a year to add the single-player mode for those who didn't want to go online but sadly EA hasn't created more for Sim City.
    > https://www.polygon.com/2016/5/20/11722342/simcity-launch-ea-maxis-ocean-quigley
    >
    > Since I do play an MMO game, I do see that these types of games do attract some people that are creeps and the such as well as foul-mouth players as well as rude players also. And when I mean rude, they can get quite rude when another player ask a question something about the game such as "Where is the portal to the Undercity?" and such things like this and when other players respond to the question, it's not to tell them where the portal is, it's to tell them to go and do a Google search on it which to me is just plain rude because things in the game have changed over the years so when googling something, it brings up older locations and such. So to me, it's easier to be a nice person and tell the player where things are instead of being rude and telling them to look it up themselves.

I could not agree more. I also play World of Warcraft. It's a great game. The only downside are some of the idiots who play it. You can filter profanity out of chat logs, but not words like "tard". I hate mean people. They ruin the fun of a game I am paying a monthly fee for. One game I've also played that is fun is Red Dead Redemption. When you log on to that game you have the option to play alone in your game, or select the MMO option. Not sure if EA can do this, but having the option would be really nice. I always played Red Dead alone because I wasn't great at it. So, to summarize, I think turning Sims into an MMO should be left up to the player. I would want the option to select how I choose to play the game.
  • Options
    LaraNocturnalLaraNocturnal Posts: 74 Member
    Absolutely Not
    Absolutely plumming not.
  • Options
    brackencat31brackencat31 Posts: 318 Member
    Absolutely Not
    Never never never. Unless it’s optional, I m gone if the sims becomes multi player.
  • Options
    ServalServal Posts: 21 Member
    Absolutely Not
    A multiplayer option would be nice, playing with friends sounds like a lot of fun. But playing with total strangers and having no option for solo gameplay? Not my cup of tea. There's a reason I sit inside playing with the lives of others instead of going out to live my own life.
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Absolutely Not
    I don't play any multiplayer games on my own. Once in a while one of my kids can convince me to play with them and I absolutely hate it.

If TS4 is multiplayer I'll jump ship completely and wait for Paralives, which is confirmed to be single player.
  • Options
    simplyzoesimplyzoe Posts: 428 Member
    Not really
    Not really because too much of the USA has spotty to no internet so it would be way more profitable to have that fixed first if it ever is fixed.
  • Options
    fae_brassfae_brass Posts: 81 Member
    Not really
    There can be the option but also not in my game. I don't want the whole thing online. Some of my fave games have new versions that are online only and I hate that.
  • Options
    MeteoraStormMeteoraStorm Posts: 243 Member
    Absolutely Not
    No Never. In fact I will walk away if they make it multiplayer and keep my hard earned quids to myself.