Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you want Sims to be Multiplayer?

Comments

• AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    Absolutely Not
    I tried Second Life once and hated it. I don't want to interract with real-life people while playing the game I use to get away from real life.
  • KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    Absolutely Not
    Not even a little bit. :'(
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    edited June 2021
    I'm on the fence
    So I'm guessing that's a no then?

But yeah, it's fascinating how we are such a social community but draw the line at playing with each other. So really good points were made though. I've never played Second Life but that's because of the reputation it had and my experience on IMVU. So yeah, no thank you on that. It would definitely have to be very strict and age appropriate (more than it even is now) so yeah with the adult mods that already exist for the game, going MMO would ruin the legacy of the game in my opinion.

On the other hand, playing in closed lobbies with those we trust could be fun. Unfortunately, that would be impossible to be controlled and people would eventually find themselves playing in cyber trash heaps.

Obviously teens have brains and can figure out the truth pretty quickly but sadly hormones can sometimes play tricks on anyone.

Edit: Didn't know that the five letter word beginning with cy and ending in ber was a bad word. lol But yeah, there it is.
  • bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    Absolutely Not
    No Way if was multiplayer someone could kill your sims. or do something you don't find acceptable in your game.
    I'm on the fence
    bandit5 wrote: »
    No Way if was multiplayer someone could kill your sims. or do something you don't find acceptable in your game.

Wow yeah, I just had an image of logging on to find my house destroyed or everything stolen out of it... :scream:
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    Absolutely Not
    Every single player game that EA has brought Multiplayer into has had the single player campaign suffer, I don't trust them to do it better with the Sims, so no.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Could be fun
    I'm totally down with a separate Sims game that's multiplayer but NOT an MMO. I'd like to play with smaller groups of people I know, share a world. Maybe share a save with my Mom, who actually asked me if this was a thing we could do. I play Civ with my kids online. I'd like to share a Sims world with my Mom or the friends I've made among Simmers. This wouldn't be a replacement for the game I play now -- it would be as well as it, accepting the limitations it would have.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 322 Member
    Absolutely Not
    If EA wants to try a multiplayer version, they can make it a mobile version or just a spin-off. If they try to make Sims 5 multiplayer, then bye, I’ll come back to see if Sims 6 is any good. I skipped 3 because I was annoyed with EA’s business decisions at the time, and I’ll do it again if I must. Some of my storylines get complicated, weird, and/or personal, so I’d rather not have anyone else involved messing them up. Or the flip side, being so limited by the multiplayer that I couldn’t play out the stories that interest me.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Absolutely Not
    I'm totally down with a separate Sims game that's multiplayer but NOT an MMO. I'd like to play with smaller groups of people I know, share a world. Maybe share a save with my Mom, who actually asked me if this was a thing we could do. I play Civ with my kids online. I'd like to share a Sims world with my Mom or the friends I've made among Simmers. This wouldn't be a replacement for the game I play now -- it would be as well as it, accepting the limitations it would have.
    That is sweet, have you tried playing Stardew Valley or Animal Crossing together with them? Both games allow options for limited groups. I've played quite a few games with my brother that way especially with the pandemic.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • VaChuVaChu Posts: 37 Member
    Absolutely Not
    NO!! I'm not a social person, just want to play the sims on my own.
    Also don't want any stranger come to my home and mess with my sim!
  • SimsAddict_244SimsAddict_244 Posts: 274 Member
    Absolutely Not
    Personally, I don't want it and if they ever decide to include it in either S4 and/or S5, I'll never use it just like I never used Simport in S3 or the gallery in S4. I know some Simmers would like to choose who to invite in their game to play with but I'll be very grumpy if that feature affected the gameplay for single players. If they add multiplayer I imagine mods, CC and packs that one player doesn't own would be disabled to make it work.
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    Absolutely Not
    I don't want to see Sims become just like Roblox.....just imagine all the hacking,scamming,griefing,begging,swearing,bullying, online dating,and spamming that will go on and on in a multi-player Sims game. You';d be seeing a lot of "I'm poor-give me Simoleons" or a lot of servers being hacked and griefed.

Keep Sims as a single player offline game-I don't want to see Sims become Roblox 2.0.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    Absolutely Not
    I don't want ANY game to be multiplayer.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,324 Member
    Absolutely Not
    I might be okay with an optional, invite only, co-op play feature, depending on how it's done, but I would not want to have sims be a multiplayer game.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
    I'm on the fence
    HavenRose wrote: »
    If EA wants to try a multiplayer version, they can make it a mobile version or just a spin-off. If they try to make Sims 5 multiplayer, then bye, I’ll come back to see if Sims 6 is any good. (1) I skipped 3 because I was annoyed with EA’s business decisions at the time, and I’ll do it again if I must. (2) Some of my storylines get complicated, weird, and/or personal, so I’d rather not have anyone else involved messing them up. Or the flip side, being so limited by the multiplayer that I couldn’t play out the stories that interest me.
    1. I'm sorry you skipped Sims3 as I thought it was amazing. But I can see your point.
    2. Yeah, I wouldn't say mine get complicated but weird, yeah that's a word for mine. lol
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Absolutely Not
    Ultimately, a life simulator that's multi-player/online is going to be little more than a fancy dating service. I don't want to have to date and raise my virtual families with other people. Its my creative outlet dependent on only me, my creativity, and the games probability software.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    edited June 2021
    Absolutely Not
    LOL for the devs to even think this is a good idea is hilarious. People are freaking out when a vamp comes in their sims home unannounced what will they do when another sims player is invading their world making unwanted changes....TOO FUNNY. I would love to see the whine and cheese if they add multiplayer to this game. I will be watching from a far because yeah...played Sims Online back when it was out and LOL MADNESS...good luck to those who try.

People are thinking oh I can play with my friends or my family etc., not realizing the rest of the world would be in there too if they go the online route. In this day in age, EA would be stepping on hot flaming POOP and that is all I am going to say about it.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Absolutely Not

But yeah, it's fascinating how we are such a social community but draw the line at playing with each other. So really good points were made though. I've never played Second Life but that's because of the reputation it had and my experience on IMVU. So yeah, no thank you on that. It would definitely have to be very strict and age appropriate (more than it even is now) so yeah with the adult mods that already exist for the game, going MMO would ruin the legacy of the game in my opinion.

On the other hand, playing in closed lobbies with those we trust could be fun. Unfortunately, that would be impossible to be controlled and people would eventually find themselves playing in ❤️❤️❤️❤️ trash heaps.

Obviously teens have brains and can figure out the truth pretty quickly but sadly hormones can sometimes play tricks on anyone.

Edit: Didn't know that the five letter word beginning with cy and ending in ber was a bad word. lol But yeah, there it is.

LOL have you seen some of the fights on this forums? Yeah we are social alright.
  • L00NYL0V3L00NYL0V3 Posts: 66 Member
    edited June 2021
    Absolutely Not
    @keekee53 Within an hour of creating this account, I put three people on my "Ignore" list. If I wanted to interact with aggressive, accusatory people, I'd go on Twitter for five minutes.

That, and based on gallery comments I see every time I log in, there's a small but incredibly vocal group of people who are WAAAAAY too immature to be playing the Sims.
  • mewo13mewo13 Posts: 60 Member
    Absolutely Not
    Multiplayer would gimp the gameplay. I also don't wanna play with a bunch of 9 year olds. There is absolutely no feature of the sims that would be enhanced by multiplayer. Oh one more thing. I play with mods. The game's almost unplayable without them. How will multiplayer support that? It probably wont.

Big NO for me. If I wanted to play a multiplayer game, I'd go back to League of Legends, or co-op in Genshin, or even Among Us. Sims has always been a single-player experience for me.
    I'm on the fence
    keekee53 wrote: »

On the other hand, playing in closed lobbies with those we trust could be fun. Unfortunately, that would be impossible to be controlled and people would eventually find themselves playing in ❤️❤️❤️❤️ trash heaps.

LOL have you seen some of the fights on this forums? Yeah we are social alright.

Oh yes, I've seen them, in fact I started one. But still, all in all, we are a social group. No group does nor should agree on every point. That's called an echo-chamber and it's false reality. Truth though, we disagree but we still manage to keep the forums socially active. ;)
  • RapunzelblondeRapunzelblonde Posts: 51 Member
    Absolutely Not
    Nooooooo
    Playing sims nurtures my introversion.
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    edited June 2021
    Absolutely Not
    Giant neon letters NO! The sims doesn't need to be multiplier or MMO. I DO NOT WANT other people coming into my game and trolling me, destroying the things I build the story's I'm trying to create because they think it's fun to ruin other's fun.
    Some games are meant to be single-player, the sims is one of those games. Save multi-player or co-op mode for CoD. I wish this call for "everything needs to be multiplayer" would die in a fire.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    Absolutely Not
    I am already leaning towards giving up the Sims after 4 is over, and it will take alot of positive changes for me to even consider sticking around for Sims 5. Multiplayer would be the final nail in the coffin for me.
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    I think that multiplayer is fine, as long as it's optional instead of default