Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you want Sims to be Multiplayer?

Comments

• Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    Absolutely Not
    absolutely not i went sims5 to remain offline
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    PlatinumblondePlatinumblonde Posts: 28 Member
    Absolutely Not
    Single player only for me.

You can never play the same way in multiplayer as you do in single player as you will have to depend on others.
    If the Sims 5 is multiplayer only, or even Coop I will not buy it.
    If there is a single player mode but you don't get a full experience without multiplayer I also will not buy it.

I thought it was very clear when the Sims Online failed miserably that simmers aren't waiting for multiplayer.
    I don't think that changed by the look of this poll.

I also hope the devs are watching this thread attentively and think long and hard about what they want to do with The Sims 5.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    Could be fun
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I'm on the fence
    MDianaSims wrote: »
    I voted not really because I wouldn't be opposed to multiplayer mode existing next to, but separate of single player mode. I'd probably still spend 95 to 99% of my time in single player mode.

As long as there's a sandbox (single player) mode alongside the multiplayer, and if that single-player experience isn't crippled (missing features) compared to the multiplayer, I guess I'd be okay with it; that's why I said I'm "on the fence".
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Absolutely Not
    I'm good. A game like the sims isn't meant to be multiplayer, it's single player experience. I may like to watch lets plays to see how others play their game but doesn't mean i want to actually play together in game.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    Absolutely
    I understand the reasoning for the people who say no, however it’s usually because they don’t want “trolls” messing up their save files.
    I do think multiplayer can be done in a way that works well for the sims. Some of my favourite memories form the sims are playing split screen on console back in the day. If you could set up your own private saves/worlds/maps, and through invite only you could add friends to come join and play, I think this could be really fun! This way you could play on your own or with a handful of friends or just one other person etc.. I also think it could be fun to travel to some kind of open hub map where you could meet other simmers and trade items, shop in cc stores or whatever.. I dunno, to me it’s the next logical step in the franchise, and would open up the game to a lot more possibilities.
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Absolutely Not
    That's a hard, no.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    edited June 2021
    Absolutely Not
    I'm leaning harder than ever towards NO after this video, https://youtu.be/3W_N0ULOp5Y . This happened in CoD3 ZOMBIES, if this is happening now, just imagine what bored hackers with id-i-ot syndrome would do to TS5 if it was online multiplayer, not to mention all the microtransactions and potential scam artists and other undesirable that would flock to an online version of the sims in droves. XP
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited June 2021
    I'm on the fence
    I'm leaning harder than ever towards NO after this video, https://youtu.be/3W_N0ULOp5Y . This happened in CoD3 ZOMBIES, if this is happening now, just imagine what bored hackers with id-i-ot syndrome would do to TS5 if it was online multiplayer, not to mention all the microtransactions and potential scam artists and other undesirable that would flock to an online version of the sims in droves. XP

I don’t get why someone would join someone’s game to crash it. That’s terrible. 😭. That poor guy lost all that progress. 😭

I used to play a Star Trek online game that had the option to lock your game so new players couldn’t join once you set up.

Also removing the ability to auto force join must be disabled. But then hackers are very clever so if they know the code... how do you screen them out? 🤔🤷🏼‍♂️

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    edited June 2021
    I'm on the fence
    I started sims sharing a computer with my siblings and playing together with our friends too. Depends how the multiplayer is done, but at its' best it could bring back those memories and fun times. I'm okay with singleplayer too.
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    edited June 2021
    Absolutely Not

I don’t get why someone would join someone’s game to crash it. That’s terrible. 😭. That poor guy lost all that progress. 😭

I used to play a Star Trek online game that had the option to lock your game so new players couldn’t join once you set up.

Also removing the ability to auto force join must be disabled. But then hackers are very clever so if they know the code... how do you screen them out? 🤔🤷🏼‍♂️

Yeah and it's absolutely terrible, granted it's all at the end of the video I provided. But you know it was an 3dge-lord douchecannoe because their name was "i$i$" and they were playing Islamic music trying to be "scary" but really it was just so cringy and lame.
    I felt so bad for the tuber because all he wants to do is make videos and have laughs with his audience, but now he has to either make a new account, which means starting over from scratch or just abandon the game he loves because he can't play online custom maps anymore because it means it gives the 3dge-lord the ability to remotely crash his game. :-/

I'm honestly surprised there isn't a function to lock lobbies, nearly every other online MMO has it, so I have to wonder why it's not in Zombies. :-/ I wouldn't really call it hacking, other than exploiting a weakness in the game's code, it's rather simple. Though that being said, I know nothing about modding, so I could be talking out of my bum here.
    Either way, it's sad.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    RebeccaThurstonRebeccaThurston Posts: 234 Member
    Absolutely Not
    If I want a multiplayer version of the Sims I will simply revisit Second Life. There I can get involved with roleplaying groups and create avatars of any age to interact with others to do nearly any kind of roleplay I want to. I can custom design my character appearance far more than I can do it here in the Sims. I can also create or buy houses for them to live in decorating how I like. While I can't learn skills with the right animations, house items and sounds I don't really need to. I do interact with people quite often when I am logged into SL but sometimes I just want a solo experience and that's when I come to the Sims.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I'm on the fence

I have some friends who are active in Second Life. One of them painstakingly constructed a replica World Trade Center as a tribute to the lives lost on 9/11/01. He ended up having to take it down when trolls and "griefers" came in and totally trashed the place.

There are some people who get their jollies ruining things for others.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    RebeccaThurstonRebeccaThurston Posts: 234 Member
    Absolutely Not

I have some friends who are active in Second Life. One of them painstakingly constructed a replica World Trade Center as a tribute to the lives lost on 9/11/01. He ended up having to take it down when trolls and "griefers" came in and totally trashed the place.

There are some people who get their jollies ruining things for others.

A very good argument for the Sims to not go multiplayer.
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Absolutely Not
    Heeeeeeck no, to the no no no~
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    Absolutely Not
    Well the results seem pretty clear. :D
  • Options
    TheStarrSimmerTheStarrSimmer Posts: 206 Member
    Could be fun
    It could be fun, but I wouldn't want to give up my personal game play...if I had to compromise that for multiplayer then it wouldn't be worth it.
    Snap_5bFm8Er5qd514231703.png
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Absolutely Not
    ddd994 wrote: »
    I understand the reasoning for the people who say no, however it’s usually because they don’t want “trolls” messing up their save files.
    I do think multiplayer can be done in a way that works well for the sims. Some of my favourite memories form the sims are playing split screen on console back in the day. If you could set up your own private saves/worlds/maps, and through invite only you could add friends to come join and play, I think this could be really fun! This way you could play on your own or with a handful of friends or just one other person etc.. I also think it could be fun to travel to some kind of open hub map where you could meet other simmers and trade items, shop in cc stores or whatever.. I dunno, to me it’s the next logical step in the franchise, and would open up the game to a lot more possibilities.

No, that's not the reason, though it would likely be an annoyance. The reason I say no to multiplayer is that I play Sims to be a god who directs little people around. There is zero reason for me to want to interact with real people -- that would ruin the experience for me because I'd be a, at best, co-god and no longer the omnipotent force in my world.

If I want to build and share worlds, I'll play Valheim or Dragon Quest Builders 2. I know they're not anywhere near the same genre as Sims, but that's the point.
  • Options
    ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    Absolutely Not
    No thanks. I see the push towards it and feel like some element of it is inevitable because the main audience they're marketing to are the type who'd love it, but I personally don't want to play with anyone.

I prefer single player, offline, never needing the internet but unfortunately they've pretty much done away with physical copies you can actually download the games and packs from. I don't want to play with other simmers I don't know or even ones I do, I don't want to play with my friends or my family. I don't even like the in game challenges and in game concert sessions lol. I just want to be in my own world, creating it and changing it as I see fit. I want to do things my way. I want to create my own townies, build houses, edit the worlds and hoods, (unfortunately use mods to) make more established sims/townies the way I personally see fit. It's my time away from people to just relax and have fun, and as someone who basically gets no alone time in real life unless I stay up late I'd like to enjoy it.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Options
    jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    Absolutely Not
    Nope. Nope. Nope! I have played an online game (WoW for over 10 years) and when I didn't want to play with other people, the sims was good escape. My world/lots/sims are my world/lots/sims and I want it to stay that way. Let's be honest, even if there's a way to opt out of multiplayer, EA are going to offer incentives and sell multiplayer only content. I don't mind multiplayer, in some cases it can be a lot of fun. Some games absolutely suit being multiplayer, the sims is not one of those.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Absolutely Not
    I prefer singleplayer this type of game. To me, multi-player takes resources away from making a great singleplayer experience in all games.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited June 2021
    Absolutely Not
    I prefer singleplayer this type of game. To me, multi-player takes resources away from making a great singleplayer experience in all games.

Exactly. And again, almost every single issue players have complained about in Sims 4 is BECAUSE it was from the beginning envisioned as a multiplayer game.

No open map? Check (to have instances and not overload the map). No story progression? Check (players would make their own stories with each other), Shallow traits that don't affect much (see story progression) and so on. Sims 4 would just have been a PG version of Second life.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    Absolutely Not
    No, Sims has never been an MMO in the franchise, and I don't know if I would continue playing the series if it went that way.
    I am not against giving us a chance to visit other Sims games, like Animal crossing to see what people do with their games, but as an actual MMO I wouldn't want it.
    I do enjoy MMO games like Elder Scrolls, because it is actually really cool to see other players, because the world seems more lived in, and it is nice because you are pretty much solo in some areas.
    However, I would not really feel the same about the Sims games going that route.
  • Options
    SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited June 2021
    Absolutely Not
    No, not at all! First off, I am asocial and I like my single player games : P I hardly ever play anything multiplayer. Trouble is, I feel like games in general have become very multiplayer-oriented, presumably because of its popularity (and with it, the amount of money one can make from them...). I remember one of my favourite games was praised highly for its story by players, who loved it- but many fans hoped for single-player DLC, and not for the focus to go almost wholly onto the online mode of the game.

I know single-player games likely won't completely die out; there will almost always be a market for them, I believe- but I personally see little benefit for the players of having Sims as a multiplayer game, for a multitude of reasons. (under the Spoiler cut for neatness's sake):
    - The social aspect I do like of the Sims is the Gallery, the ability for us all to share our creations with each other. But for me that's as far as I'd like it to go.

- Concerns about microtransactions, which I think would definitely be a thing if The Sims went multiplayer. I think that would be part of the idea- visiting others' worlds, and then seeing people with cooler build/buy stuff and clothes than your Sims have, and then wanting more and more, and the willingness to pay to get it even if you don't like microtransactions at all. People already have huge complaints about the packs, but then buy them anyway- I feel it'd be like that. Then there's concerns of it becoming 'pay to win' if they have higher-'stat' build/buy content only in rare 'loot boxes'. (I understand that whether or not a player purchases something is up to them and no-one is forcing them, but I think microtransactions are still something of a concern for me in gaming, especially when it comes to younger players as well- due to its very close similarities to gambling.)

- It's a bit alienating for long-term fans who are used to the single player. Whilst it's good to try and get new fans with new features, you also want to keep your long-term ones and it can be hard to balance the two!- but I feel like multiplayer would be a big difference many would not be into. As has been seen in other franchises, a big change like that can turn off a lot of old-school fans (The PKMN 'Dexit' controversy a few years back comes to mind!)

- The joy of The Sims, for me, is being able to craft my own little world with my own little people and play out their lives and stories. Multiplayer would ruin that, and I'm not just talking potential griefers, but I do not like the idea of other players in my Sims worlds full stop. I like that the game and the RNG throws me unexpected things, but I don't want the same from players.

- If the idea of potential MMO Sims is partially to bring in potential new franchise fans, given MMO's popularity- I feel like a lot of people who play multiplayer games often might consider it pretty odd and not bother with it anyway. What games will come to mind will of course differ from person to person, but: when I think of popular online multiplayer games, I think of things such as Elder Scrolls Online, all the various battle royale type games, Destiny, etc. The one game I enjoyed playing online was Monster Hunter: World. If I were a person who played games like that in multiplayer mode often, and I saw The Sims of all things advertised as MMO, I wouldn't have any interest because it'd be too different to what I was used to playing (I know some people are willing to branch out, but still). A lot of my friends love MMO's, and I asked them if they'd try Sims if it was multiplayer and they all said it wouldn't 'be their thing' since they preferred PvP-style games, or working together to defeat some kind of boss, achieve a goal, that sort of thing. I don't like the idea of collab-living in someone else's world or building a house alongside somebody. 'No, don't put that there!' 'No, what are you doing? That looks terrible!' : P

On the plus side, multiplayer would likely be an optional feature- I can only hope this would be the case. I imagine (or hope!) there'd be customisable aspects to a multiplayer option- like whether or not others' Sims can enter your world, and in how much depth they can interact with it (can they interact with your Sims/your houses/ can they build on your worlds). The Sims is my chill-out loner game and I would like it to stay as such! I think that's all I have to say about it, really. Sorry for the text-wall folks!
    they/them or she/her
  • Options
    L33tP33tNWL33tP33tNW Posts: 398 Member
    Could be fun
    Could be fun, but only if it is separate.
    ID: L33tP33tNW
    she/her
    AKA Doggers123

pJYI4la.png