Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are You Excited About The Dream Home Decorator GP?

Comments

• Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Gameplay-wise, no. I don't see anything that is going to add gameplay value. But, I do see a lot of objects that will satisfy the builder side of me. I don't think I will buy it for full price though, unless someone gifts it to me, like my husband.
  • Options
    JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    I'm reserving judgement until more info is released about gameplay. I build more anyway, but I'd like more gameplay really. The build items are generally good, I love the kitchens and bunkbeds especially.

Also I'm not sure if it's just me but I carefully build all the lots in my world and I don't want to edit them through the career, so I'd hope I could make it so the changes don't stick or something. Otherwise I'm never using the career.
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Given the fact this was a sales trailer and EA doesn't do testing we will wait and see.
  • Options
    d_dreamerd_dreamer Posts: 39 Member
    To be honest there are so many creative people on here, I don't really think it is all that fantastic, I know people can decorate these houses they build and look just like the ones that were shown on the Dream trailer....I don't really have a yes or no or maybe to say, I see so many people that can add such lovely decor to the places they build. When someone builds a shell and someone else furnishes it, it is fabulous, I think they have maybe CC or something like that, but I am not really sure, I don't do well, at builds, I just give it my best shot and put what I have into it, sometimes I make it where I think it is good, but no one else does, so I probably won't even bother with it!!
  • Options
    SimSpockSimSpock Posts: 273 Member
    The architecture career in TS3 was pretty interesting, because you could mix and match colors and patterns to create unique looking things. I don't see that kind of flexibility here. So ultimately, I see this as sort of one new career that rewards the character in game for what we can do with build/buy mode already. I'm glad that they're adding it, but for me it has no appeal.
  • Options
    dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    I‘m not a builder so there is nothing (really nothing) for me to do.
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    New careers are always good, but I never really played with the interior decorator in Sims 3, so I probably wouldn't play with it here. I'll give poorly-dressed Sims makeovers for free, but their houses don't bother me.

From the trailer alone, I wouldn't buy it.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    notasmokealarm09notasmokealarm09 Posts: 240 Member
    Yes! I like the look of the new furniture, and a new career is always welcome.
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    I'm not very excited for the career... however, the content looks AMAZING! I love modern furniture! I'm also very excited for the separate stovetops, ovens, and sectional sofas! Also, those children's tents look adorable! <3 I'm looking forward to more bunk beds as well!

For me, game packs are almost always a hit! The only exceptions are 'Outdoor Retreat' and the cringy Star Wars pack... :s Though, I've come to give 'Outdoor Retreat' a pass, since it was kinda just "testing the waters" for the concept of a game pack.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,924 Member
    Daephene wrote: »
    I definitely want more details. One career is kind of a minimal game pack, as has been pointed out. But after Eco Lifestyle I no longer assume I know what's in a pack after I watch the first trailer. And I would probably have fun with it.

Same, I hated EL trailer and was not impressed after livestream either , but now I find I use the B/B ans even some NAPS all the time .. PLUS the communitulots from that pack are the best ever <3
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    It looks great, but after six years & with Sims 5 and a potential competitor on the horizon, I'm questioning whether I want to keep sinking money into this game.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    YunaYuna Posts: 231 Member
    edited May 2021
    I mostly do buildmode stuff so its nice to see something dedicated to it but it doesnt really give me buildmode vibes.. gotta be so disapointing if there are no spiral staircases. =/ looks more like mostly buymode stuff. hope i'm wrong and theres more than those objects. there should at least be some very unique things about this pack other than only a new career and new compilations of furniture...
    but well the name of the gp is dream home decorator after all...
    stuff looks lovely still
  • Options
    Dec3338Dec3338 Posts: 180 Member
    I just saw the trailer and I think it will be fun, I will be getting it. I always like getting new items for the game.

bears.gif
  • Options
    Emerald811Emerald811 Posts: 16 Member
    edited June 2021
    > @Onverser said:
    > There's next to no gameplay and the build items look much the same as what we already have and don't really add anything new at all or interest me, so it's a no from me. I don't really see the point in buying furniture packs to be honest unless they add some really great, game changing items, and this pack doesn't in my opinion. Plus it looks like another gig based career where you get one single job every 2 sim days if you book them and I've always disliked that system so I'm probably not gonna like how this career works either

Yeah not to mention this seems to just be something to appease the builders that "play" the game just to make fancy houses. (AGAIN I might add)
    TS4 really has devolved into a dollhouse that is only worth using the build/buy for just to make pretty homes... has it...
    Post edited by Emerald811 on
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited May 2021
    Meh for me, no prominent features as usual just fluff and stuff. :/
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I am indifferent. The new career could be fun but i dont know if it would be worth the price point for me. The new furniture looks nice but i dont buy packs for bb as it is not a priority for me.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Yes, I am not a prolific builder, and my builds are mediocre at best but I do love to redecorate existing builds so I am really excited to get my hands on this pack. The textures of the items are *chef’s kiss* and we are getting items we haven’t had in TS4 before like modular storage and a toaster oven (hope we can make some cool stuff in it), & sectional seating. I am eager to try the new career. I have a sim in mind to be my bougie interior decorator too. I didn’t create her, but she’s been languishing in my library just waiting to find her purpose in life and now it’s time for her to shine!
  • Options
    KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    We just had a build kit released and I don't build. Now we have a build gamepack. Unless there's something more to the preferences or likes and dislikes then I am not excited.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited May 2021
    I wouldn’t say I’m excited. I don’t know how it’s going to work playing a rotational game. But I’ll wait and see when I hear what people who have it say. I would have preferred an astronomy career, a romance pack, hotels or a school pack ( even bands or werewolves ). But I do like active careers so, who knows, it might be something I enjoy. It does seem to come with a great deal of furniture. I hope we are able to use furniture from more than this pack and the basegame for renovations. I did notice a small fire engine, and that play area for children/toddlers... so hopefully there will be more stuff for children, be some nice clothes snd hairstyles I hope too.

I hope they give us a new world with some houses and townies in it that we don’t really care about because I play rotationally and already like the houses and apartments I have already decorated.

If it comes with create a style...... I will be excited!!
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    edited May 2021
    I was excited waiting for the pack. I kinda like it. It has a very interesting BB. Gameplay wise, I need to learn & know more. I'm not sure about playing in live mode, then switch to build mode to complete the task (I don't want to imagine if there's a lagging or even crashing when trying to complete the gig).

In fact, it's something that I usually do without having to have a career (whenever my Sims have enough Simoleons where I could buy them something in return). I might wait to see how others are playing with it, and perhaps, will be getting it, when it's on sale.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Getting more excited, been watching the trailer in slow-mo and tweets and I really love a lot of the furniture and the modular aspects of it. I have a number of mid-century modern style sims so this could replace or fill out some parts of those houses.. or just be modern looking.
    I want to hear more about the career and how it works but I like gameplay (but not so sure of my decorating skills) but if they go job by job and I don't have to do a house full it might make me play it out more.
    Really, really interested in the preferences and guess that's the mystery CAS trait. That's gotta be base game stuff coming.
    Also have ideas for more deviant gameplay involving doing stuff the clients wouldn't like on purpose or just decorating/furnishing badly and seeing if they can succeed doing that too. Anything for drama and grins at times.
    I'm excited for the builders too... maybe it will pull them more into game play, like maybe it will pull people like me more into building.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    Not at all excited. Nothing wrong with what the pack is offering, it just doesn't fit into my interests or game play. The trailer is also really annoying to me, I didn't know interior design turned you into a valley girl sounding ditz, who looks like they're trying way too hard (bonus lost points for gender essentialism, because of course the female interior decorator is inspired by the way her poor, struggling mother baked brownies & looked after the home *eye roll*). If I wasn't already not interested in what the pack has to offer, that initial trailer probably would have been enough to put me off as it was.
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• Options
    MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    I was interested until I saw the cringe promo video. No thanks.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Not at all excited. Nothing wrong with what the pack is offering, it just doesn't fit into my interests or game play. The trailer is also really annoying to me, I didn't know interior design turned you into a valley girl sounding ditz, who looks like they're trying way too hard (bonus lost points for gender essentialism, because of course the female interior decorator is inspired by the way her poor, struggling mother baked brownies & looked after the home *eye roll*). If I wasn't already not interested in what the pack has to offer, that initial trailer probably would have been enough to put me off as it was.

Lol, I actually thought that was the cutest part of the video. I’m hoping the pack will give us the ability to make a family picture like hers..... I would love that.
  • Options
    MaddMartiganLVMaddMartiganLV Posts: 2 New Member
    Not a career I would be interested in. Career's should be something people aspire to be, just like in RL, or a Fantasy World profession. Most people that I know who play the game basically try to mirror life like they would want it to be in RL or they make some kind of Fantasy world to disappear in so they can forget what's happening in RL. So lets add career's that people aspire to be, something that you would have said when you were a child like "When I grow up, I want to be_______. That would be cool." We need career's that can revolve around the vacation zones as well as the other worlds, like a Star Ship mechanic, a Park Ranger, an Archeologist, a Vampire Hunter, or a Sorcerer Supreme (Hint, Hint). Any new careers that are added though, let's make sure they are like GTW, not rabbit hole careers. Add in some new vacation zones as well as a blank World were you get to choose the sized lots to place in it (we all want 10 64x64 lots in a neighborhood sometimes lol). And please, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!! Can we get lots that are hybrid lots. There is no reason why we can't own a 5 star diner and live above it in an apartment.