Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are You Excited About The Dream Home Decorator GP?

Comments

• Options
    orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member
    edited May 2021
    @MaddMartiganLV Oh... Funnily enough when I was younger, I played the Sims and thought, “I want to be an architect. That would be cool.” It’s something I aspired and eventually got and it all started with being a builder in The Sims 2. It would make me happy if this pack makes younger players interested in my career.

That said. I’m kinda on the fence for this pack. There are admittedly some cool assets that I can see myself using for my builds. But I also already know that I’m not going to touch the new career (too similar to what I do for a living). So what sense is there in getting it?

I’d love hybrid lots! That sounds amazing! :)
    Post edited by orenjiAi on
  • Options
    MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    edited May 2021
    I really only use CC to build and buy, and this is an overpriced stuff pack with one active career (that is still just a new way to use build/buy mode). I’m not excited for it at all. I am hoping we get likes, dislikes, natural talent/hobby (like in Sims 2 Freetime) and favourites in a free patch before the game pack releases.

I might buy it in a bundle, but only if the expansion pack is something I really want.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    edited May 2021
    I like the objects they show but the gameplay is not really for me. I think I will get it in the end. Perhaps as a bundle with the summer EP.
    Post edited by Atreya33 on
  • Options
    CeridwenCeridwen Posts: 228 Member
    I am incredibly happy about this! Lots of awesome-looking items in there! Am going to have to designate a Sim as an interior designer (dream job of mine, that one) and start prepping. :smiley:
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    No. I don't care about building or decorating, it bores me.
    I like actual gameplay. I'm tired of these shallow packs that concentrate on how things (or Sims themselves) look, it doesn't matter to me. I just want gameplay and for different age groups.
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    I haven't been this excited about a pack in a while. It's basically a combination of two of my favorite things to do, build and gameplay. Also, the counter top stove is awesome. I've wanted something like this for a while now. Even though I'm not super into more modern style build items, I do really like the look of most of the build/buy items. Plus, there seems to be shoe clutter. :D
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    Yes I liked the career in the TS3. I m more excited about the preferences system though.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    I haven't been this excited about a pack in a while. It's basically a combination of two of my favorite things to do, build and gameplay. Also, the counter top stove is awesome. I've wanted something like this for a while now. Even though I'm not super into more modern style build items, I do really like the look of most of the build/buy items. Plus, there seems to be shoe clutter. :D

I am really happy about the shoe clutter. Now my Sims can have a shoe store. 😁
  • Options
    mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member
    I’m pretty excited. I’m a live mode player and a builder so this pack really appeals to me. I also love the style of the furniture and the cas looks pretty nice, too.
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    I honestly don't care for it.
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    I'm excited and disappointed at the same time. I love the theme, I was hoping such a career will come, but I wish there was more than just a career. An ability to buy, renovate and rent out second homes, for example.
    BB items are beautiful though.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited May 2021
    Not a career I would be interested in. Career's should be something people aspire to be, just like in RL, or a Fantasy World profession. Most people that I know who play the game basically try to mirror life like they would want it to be in RL or they make some kind of Fantasy world to disappear in so they can forget what's happening in RL. So lets add career's that people aspire to be, something that you would have said when you were a child like "When I grow up, I want to be_______. That would be cool." We need career's that can revolve around the vacation zones as well as the other worlds, like a Star Ship mechanic, a Park Ranger, an Archeologist, a Vampire Hunter, or a Sorcerer Supreme (Hint, Hint). Any new careers that are added though, let's make sure they are like GTW, not rabbit hole careers. Add in some new vacation zones as well as a blank World were you get to choose the sized lots to place in it (we all want 10 64x64 lots in a neighborhood sometimes lol). And please, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!! Can we get lots that are hybrid lots. There is no reason why we can't own a 5 star diner and live above it in an apartment.

I had to laugh when I read this. It made me think of what I wanted to be when I was little. My dad wanted me to be a doctor like his father, but I secretly wanted to be a cashier, the cash register looked fascinating to me as a child.... lol, and then I thought, gosh I can’t even be a cashier in the sims 4 now because they carry little pads around in the sims 4. I had my 2 year stint behind a cash register in real life while in college though.

I too, would like hybrid lots. An apartment above a business, or a little house behind a business sounds ideal.to me. A bowling alley with a bar and bar tender ( no tv ), and a cafe ( with a worker ) would also be nice. I have one, but I have to pick either the bar or the cafe to function. I would also like to have a cafe at my arcade that children sims can buy from ( last I checked they couldn’t even pay to open the cafe part ), and I would like functional food stands at a park too ( without having to pay to open them.. We need to be able to have food stands and have them open in any type of lot type ( without paying to open them ). I can’t even imagine why they didn’t make them that way.

Someone did tell me that with the community space, marketplace space that you can have more than one food stall there, but I guess they only open for certain hours. I want to try to make one of those, and check and see how it functions.

Oh, and I love the GTW careers, with career places and objectives...... I so wish we had more of those careers.
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    As someone who doesn't enjoy building or even thinking about building more than absolutely necessary, this GP probably isn't for me. But unlike certain other packs in the past (*cough* Batuu *cough*), I do see a point in it, and how it could bring many players joy. We already have the style influencer career that combines CAS with gameplay in a way, so it's cool to see a career that does the same thing with BB.

Personally, I'm more excited about the likes and dislikes thing, what that could possibly mean. At the moment I'm in a state where I'll just wait and see what's coming, not overly excited, but not disappointed either.
  • Options
    ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    Not a career I would be interested in. Career's should be something people aspire to be, just like in RL, or a Fantasy World profession. Most people that I know who play the game basically try to mirror life like they would want it to be in RL or they make some kind of Fantasy world to disappear in so they can forget what's happening in RL. So lets add career's that people aspire to be, something that you would have said when you were a child like "When I grow up, I want to be_______. That would be cool." We need career's that can revolve around the vacation zones as well as the other worlds, like a Star Ship mechanic, a Park Ranger, an Archeologist, a Vampire Hunter, or a Sorcerer Supreme (Hint, Hint). Any new careers that are added though, let's make sure they are like GTW, not rabbit hole careers. Add in some new vacation zones as well as a blank World were you get to choose the sized lots to place in it (we all want 10 64x64 lots in a neighborhood sometimes lol). And please, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!! Can we get lots that are hybrid lots. There is no reason why we can't own a 5 star diner and live above it in an apartment.

I wanted to be the play-by-play guy for the Boston Red Sox. Putting that in the Sims would probably involve the Charisma skill as a primary and some secondary skill like Comedy for having a good witty on-air presence or Fitness for a split "broadcasting" career as the color man, a job usually held by a former player.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »

I had to laugh when I read this. It made me think of what I wanted to be when I was little. My dad wanted me to be a doctor like his father, but I secretly wanted to be a cashier, the cash register looked fascinating to me as a child.... lol, and then I thought, gosh I can’t even be a cashier in the sims 4 now because they carry little pads around in the sims 4. I had my 2 year stint behind a cash in real life while in college though.

I too, would like hybrid lots. An apartment above a business, or a little house behind a business sounds ideal.to me. A bowling alley with a bar and bar tender ( no tv ), and a cafe ( with a worker ) would also be nice. I have one, but I have to pick either the bar or the cafe to function. I would also like to have a cafe at my arcade that children sims can buy from ( last I checked they couldn’t even pay to open the cafe part ), and I would like functional food stands at a park too ( without having to pay to open them.. We need to be able to have food stands and have them open in any type of lot type ( without paying to open them ). I can’t even imagine why they didn’t make them that way.

Someone did tell me that with the community space, marketplace space that you can have more than one food stall there, but I guess they only open for certain hours. I want to try to make one of those, and check and see how it functions.

Oh, and I love the GTW careers, with career places and objectives...... I so wish we had more of those careers.

You could build lots with ground floor designed as cafes, bowling alleys, or shops and use them as meeting space whenever you have guests.
  • Options
    marissimmarissim Posts: 55 Member
    edited May 2021
    Super excited, because if they manage to pull this off right, it can potentially be great! If it's half as good as Paranormal, I will be extremely pleased. Either way, I will be waiting for reviews before buying, I learned my lesson with Get Famous (Bought without informing myself, was not worth it to me.) but so far it looks good!
    The Sims 4 focuses heavily on build & buy mode, if they implement a system with small preferences such as a colors, style ecc... with this, the game is going to get a lot more interesting. It's the small things that help make a difference, please, please get this pack right.
    Post edited by marissim on
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    This Questy pack might be the only type quests I might enjoy since I did like the Interior Design career in TS3. However, it was way too scripted and linear. I think this one won't be as scripted as that one..from the look of the UI tasks.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    edited May 2021
    I'm kind of disappointed this is the GP we're getting. I'd prefer focus on gameplay over buildmode. But that said it doesn't look catastrophic and I will probably find use for the new build options. I could also have a sim in the career although it worries me how it will work in a rotational save where not many houses are left for unplayed sims (and I might not want to change those that are...). At this point I'm just waiting to learn more about the pack.
  • Options
    GreenTurtleGreenTurtle Posts: 153 Member
    I love to build! But the career seems like the least exciting thing ever.

Take out the building and it's just a checklist: talk to sim, take picture, take another picture, talk to sim.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I am actually excited so far but I'd also like more information.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    BB0990BB0990 Posts: 28 Member
    I don't think i've ever been looking forward to a pack as much as i am with this, i usually wait for sales to get backs but this time i won't. I love designing houses on my own game so have a sim do that in some sort of weird inception world is going to be so much fun. Plus the objects look great! I just hope the cooking hob can be moved onto other kitchen cupboards not just the new one!
  • Options
    ElectraRaiElectraRai Posts: 99 Member
    edited May 2021
    I am part of the reason the sims 4 is in state it is.
    I was so angry lately with everything about sims, washing machine bug that is in the game for ages now, snowy escape festivals beeing just worse versions of festivals we already had, kits and so much more....
    And all it took, for me to be ready to throw my money at EA again, was home decorator pack :D
    Its not healthy behavior! :s
  • Options
    IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    I really like all the furniture and I hope that the preference thing will be good. Otherwise, nah, not very excited. The gameplay is basically just build mode where you have to check off boxes to make a client happy. For a gamepack, I really, really hope there is more features. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    I am not excited about the pack, no. Not yet anyway.

That being said, I do look forward to the live stream and perhaps the demo will change my mind.
    It probably will. :D
  • Options
    Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    I’m excited. I’m not interested in the career, but I love most of the furniture. I definitely want to get it eventually, but will probably wait for a sale.