Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are You Excited About The Dream Home Decorator GP?

Comments

• PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    It is not for me as it stands, maybe theye have mor reveals on the livestream
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,709 Member
    SimDork23 wrote: »
    Yes! I’m so excited for it that I finally decided to make an account on here to discuss it, haha. :D I love interior design & have always wanted a pack like this!

@SimDork23 welcome to the forum! 🙂

You can join us in this thread for simmers looking forward to the pack.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/989934/dream-home-decorator-positive-thoughts-thread/p1
  • caliposscaliposs Posts: 320 Member
    I'm somewhat excited! I really like to build in this game and I'm excited to see some of the new gameplay that comes with the new objects :smiley:
    he/him
  • EverclearBoyEverclearBoy Posts: 151 Member
    Have to see more, was really hoping for something involving Destination to travel to, not something built around the Architect career. from Ts3. Only thing I remember from that was how buggy it was with huge lag while placing appliances. Hopefully the build objects bring something worthwhile to it to be considered a whole Gamepack.
  • BastetBastet Posts: 56 Member
    It's on "not buying even if it was free" list with batuu and kits. It's nice to see the majority is happy, yet I think it should've been a SP, not a GP.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Not at all I've been using build mode since 2014 a active career tied to it with a few objects does not interest me.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • inkyvioletinkyviolet Posts: 147 Member
    I like to build and spend a lot of time on decorating plus enjoy game play. So a bit of both.

Looking at the trailer etc am kind off interested but honestly after sinking sooo much money into previous packs that need to come with updates that equal frustrating glitches/headaches ... meh I'll wait and see.
    Honestly sometimes easier to download free great cc
  • SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    > @simgirl1010 said:
    > @SimDork23 welcome to the forum! 🙂
    >
    > You can join us in this thread for simmers looking forward to the pack.
    >
    > https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/989934/dream-home-decorator-positive-thoughts-thread/p1

@simgirl1010 Thank you so much! I’ll check it out now! :)
  • iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 454 Member
    Love the build/buy items!
  • emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

No, this is the second GP I will skip in a row. There is no gameplay for me. I'm a rotational player/builder, I have played and built since the release of Sims 4. I've been playing my second save for 3 years. So I have replaced 90 percent of the lots of all my worlds with my creations. I don't want to play to destroy my lots or randomly transform them. This type of gameplay is useless and for me. But I understand it can be great for other simmers.

I have never bought a gamepack or an expansion just for the stuff: the gameplay is always my main motivation, even as a builder.

I do not see this pack as something negative but oriented to other types of players.

So I will wait to discover the next EP ;)
  • SwanSong93SwanSong93 Posts: 240 Member
    I'd like to know the details of the new features as well as the new items first
  • talongirl6talongirl6 Posts: 184 Member
    No, I'm not excited at all. It's nice to see that other people are getting what they want though!

I personally dislike building. It's boring to me, so I don't do it. I prefer to just use the houses that are already there or ones that people have made in the Gallery. It also sounds expensive for what content seems to be in it, so I don't think it would be worth it at all. It's too much money for something that would bore me to death. I'm also a bit skeptical of the update that will come out with this pack due to the stuff about traits possibly being removed or changed, but that's another story. So overall, I'm not happy about this pack and what's coming with it myself, but maybe it will end up being good. Who knows?
  • BreeNillaBreeNilla Posts: 160 Member
    No :) It looks cool and it certainly caters to builders, as we all know builders are the favorites. I'm not a builder, though. Build/Buy does not excite me. Hoping they put that kind of energy towards base game/gameplay updates and dlc.

I'm more interested in the preferences/likes/dislikes, which is coming to base game. So I can hold off on the pack until a sale.
    8a597ff0f1eef1830795b3ae467ad12c6bb980ae.jpg
    I made a Sims 4 Save File set 15 years into the future using the premade sims by giving them family trees, storylines and lore, fixed and added relationships, and more!
    Check it out here! -> kookablarn.tumblr.com
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Not excited at all. It will be useful for my tiny homes though. I do like the new full moon portrait.
  • orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member
    edited May 2021
    @BreeNilla You’re really kookablarn? Omg if so, thank you so much for sharing your save file! I found it on maxismatchccworld. It’s easily my favorite for the lore that you introduced. I love how it’s set in the future. It was a refreshing change from what other Simmer’s save files did. Like what you did with Vlad and the Vatores? The long lineage you gave them made Forgotten Hollow so much more that ancient neighborhood I was imagining it to be.

Lastly being somewhat of a builder, I also really appreciate that you just lightly fixed the EA lots for them to work but left everything else as is. Your save file is perfect for this new gamepack! Makes me all excited. Thanks again! :blush:
    Post edited by orenjiAi on
  • skybird14skybird14 Posts: 90 Member
    I don't think I'd use the word excited but it's one that I will probably buy reasonably soon after release even if it's just for the additional Build/Buy mode items.
  • inkyvioletinkyviolet Posts: 147 Member
    Just another thought....

How will the Interior Design career part interact with the game play of people who maybe like myself mix maxis with cc?

I spend far too long on decorating my interiors with a mix and match. So will that all disappear with a slight of hand?

Hmmm ... bit concerned
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,103 Member
    I am excited because I really enjoy decorating houses and apartments in the game, but I will be waiting until it is in the sale for closer to stuff pack price. If there is nothing more than that one career which adds to the actual gameplay, that is in my opinion, all it is worth. Hopefully they may reveal more to it, but probably not. Excited for it to go in the sale though, because I think I will really enjoy this pack.
  • lexibeelexibee Posts: 163 Member
    Even as a builder I'm not excited... I'm glad other people are! But this is TS4 so I'm sure it won't meet everyone's expectations in some way or another... I've learned to always expect the worst at this point. Then I can be pleasantly surprised when they actually release something good haha.

I think my problem with it is that we JUST had Paranormal Stuff show us that we can have a single career in a stuff pack. And it was a pretty good stuff pack!! So this home decorator GAME pack is gonna have to up the ante a bit to prove to me it's worth that game pack status (and price). I find the build/buy in it a little... too similar? I'd like to see more variety in furniture but it seems to mostly be one style (modern)? Which.... Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me for a pack about decorating homes to fit sims "personalities, styles and preferences". Regardless of the actual number of items. I don't like that we're seemingly using number of items to differentiate between pack types now. So far based of what I've seen this could've fit into a Paranormal Stuff level stuff pack instead of a game pack.

So yeah. 1) So far I think it could've been a stuff pack, and 2) I wish there was more variety in furniture styles, not just seemingly one modern style... I think we have enough modern furniture at this point and this pack would've been a great opportunity to add a variety of stuff.

BUT I AM excited for this possible preference update? I wish they would just tell us what's coming for ONCE instead of letting us speculate all to get our hopes up and let us down when it's not what we were being led to expect. Even though I'm sure it'll just come down to flavor text, I'd kill for more depth to my sims in live mode. So if we FINALLY get favorite color/music/even food slots for our sims I think I'd be a little happy haha. It's really bare minimum stuff and yet I'm still excited about it.
  • HanneeHannee Posts: 36 Member
    I was excited for new build and buy of course as a builder but incredibly sceptical as a player. The Sims 3's Architectural Designer career was one of my least favourites, for me it was bugged at time of release and honestly frustrating when it did work, being stuck in build and buy for ages, possibly hours trying to get the job to look good when all I wanted to do was play my sims for them to end up hating my work was awful.
    In Sims 4 I LOVE to build, I love to redo the entire worlds to the sim's needs and the idea of my sims then wanting me to potentially ruin the hard work I'd already put in is horrible

BUT

My main play household is living in an older style house, one I purposely didn't furnish so they could furnish as they progress and gain money. Its old and in very desperate need of a renovation and I realised that actually having an interior designer in my rotational gameplay actually might give me more of a reason to PLAY rather than just build. I could still make houses, but more of a shell and let my new interior designer help to renovate the houses as I go. Kind of a best of both worlds situation.

ANYWAY basically yes I am now on board though I still might have some scepticism :D
  • BreeNillaBreeNilla Posts: 160 Member
    orenjiAi wrote: »
    @BreeNilla You’re really kookablarn? Omg if so, thank you so much for sharing your save file! I found it on maxismatchccworld. It’s easily my favorite for the lore that you introduced. I love how it’s set in the future. It was a refreshing change from what other Simmer’s save files did. Like what you did with Vlad and the Vatores? The long lineage you gave them made Forgotten Hollow so much more that ancient neighborhood I was imagining it to be.

Lastly being somewhat of a builder, I also really appreciate that you just lightly fixed the EA lots for them to work but left everything else as is. Your save file is perfect for this new gamepack! Makes me all excited. Thanks again! :blush:

Yeah, that's me! :D Omg this warmed my little heart, thank you so much! <3 That makes me so happy! I had a lot of fun with Vlad's silly family tree haha. Depending on what we find out about preferences, I'll be sure to update the file soon! I'll probably add Paranormal and Dream Home stuff later on whenever they go on sale.
    8a597ff0f1eef1830795b3ae467ad12c6bb980ae.jpg
    I made a Sims 4 Save File set 15 years into the future using the premade sims by giving them family trees, storylines and lore, fixed and added relationships, and more!
    Check it out here! -> kookablarn.tumblr.com
  • TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    At the moment, this is a "No." This gamepack didn't seem to offer much else new aside from the active career, which is a major letdown. I can use build mode on demand in public lots to fix things or make edits, so this is pretty much that same thing except for residents. I know people really like the BB stuff, but this too is disappointing. The Sims gets **A LOT** of modern and mid-century furniture and decor, and this BB stuff seems to just be more of that exact same stuff that we already have in the game. It's tired and boring now, and they really need to start moving away from this thematic. I'll see if the playthroughs change my opinion, but at the moment, sectional sofas and a likes/dislikes system are not enough to sell this pack for me.
  • JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    Initially no, but after seeing how excited others are about it and watching reviews I can't help feeling excited myself. Doubt I'll ever buy it myself, just doesn't fit in with anything I do, but maybe a medieval gothic themed one will come in the future.
    The cake is a lie
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    I can't see the point of doing home decorating for Sims that I don't play, how can that be fun?!
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Peral wrote: »
    I can't see the point of doing home decorating for Sims that I don't play, how can that be fun?!

Even sims you don't play sometimes ask you to go over to their house. I think it would be nice to go and see a house you helped decorate. For me at least, that's the only way I get to see other sims's houses and how they live because I rarely visit their lots otherwise.